Dr. Doom vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
No prep
No speedblitz

Who takes it?

Priest
Doom

shksprtx
Doom...Supes is vulnerable to magic IIRC...

Caps Conscience
Is there a Doctor in the house because Supes is going to need one.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Doom siphons off some of Kal-El's powers. He beats down Supes and finishes him off kryptonite.

guy222
Originally posted by darthgoober
No prep
No speedblitz

Who takes it?

Doom

keak da sneak
doom is cool and superman is a ***** doom wins easy marvel always beats dc

Magee
One kick to the head.

Badabing
Supes.

Entity
Doom.

Badabing
Originally posted by Entity
Doom. Supes!!! durfist

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Supes!!! durfist

sleepy4Doom

Entity
Doom has taken on the Surfer, the Beyonder and the Devil.
To quote an awesome man. Nuff said.

His Airness
With any amount of prep, I'd side with Doom. However in an immediate battle I'm going with Superman.

D-Block
Supes

janus77
Doom.
his regular suit will buy him all the time he requires to think up a way to down Superman.

His Airness
Originally posted by janus77
Doom.
his regular suit will buy him all the time he requires to think up a way to down Superman.

Time? How would he go by attaining that with Superman constantly in his face?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by His Airness
Time? How would he go by attaining that with Superman constantly in his face?

By noting that the rules say no speedblitz.

His Airness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
By noting that the rules say no speedblitz.

Nowhere in my post did I reference to Superman using a speedblitz. I simply asked how Doom would attain time when Superman, being the aggressor that he is, is constantly in his house.

Symmetric Chaos
Nowhere in my post did I reference to Superman using a speedblitz. I simply asked how Doom would attain time when Superman, being the aggressor that he is, is constantly in his house.

Oh yeah Superman. Total killer instinct in that one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doom does have the ability to generate shields I believe.

His Airness
Oh yeah Superman. Total killer instinct in that one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doom does have the ability to generate shields I believe.

Is that smile an attempt to side step my point? smile

You say that as if Superman hasn't fought through shields before.

Symmetric Chaos
Is that smile an attempt to side step my point? smile

Is that sidestepping of my point an attempt to sidestep my point?

You say that as if Superman hasn't fought through shields before.

I don't deny that. Doom just needs time to get off an effective spell and stop Supes.

His Airness
Is that sidestepping of my point an attempt to sidestep my point?

I don't deny that. Doom just needs time to get off an effective spell and stop Supes.

You have no or haven't had a point to side step, so no.

When did magic effectively stop Superman in his tracks? Also, whats Dooms most impressive magic feat?

Caps Conscience

When did magic effectively stop Superman in his tracks? Also, whats Dooms most impressive magic feat?

If Supes is having trouble dealing with Lex Luther what do you think is going going to happen when he face a smarter villain that knows magic.

Also if prep and the speedblitz was allowed this would be curbstomp for doom.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
If Supes is having trouble dealing with Lex Luther what do you think is going going to happen when he face a smarter villain that knows magic.

Also if prep and the speedblitz was allowed this would be coubstomp for doom.

Lex always has prep when he fights Superman.

Symmetric Chaos

You mean like how you claimed that Superman is agressive and I was pointing out that he's not very agressive? That nonexistant point.

Ask someone who knows more about Doom for feats but Superman has always been open to magical attacks erm

Caps Conscience
Lex always has prep when he fights Superman.

So should Doom because thats how he operates but this isn't my thread so I have to argue within the rules of it. But theres variables if supes is attacking Doom in his castle theres all kinds of stuff Doom can throw at him. Now if this is just random meeting supes has the advantage but I still think Doom can pull it out.

His Airness

Also if prep and the speedblitz was allowed this would be curbstomp for doom.

Lex always has prep when he faces Superman.

Your right, however unfortunately for your argument Doom doesn't get prep.

janus77
Superman doesn't know Doom, Doom doesn't know Superman.
if he did know of Superman, he would have kryptonite dust sprayed all over his suit, just for a freak occasion when the man of steel chooses to pay a visit. that's Doom. prepared like a herd of boyscouts. led by Ned Flanders ( confused ).

Superman comes in, guns blazing, he smacks into Doom's shield. Doom notes: one flying brick, hostile, powerful, high threat potential.
Doom reacts by upping his defences and looking to buy time to think, analyse and act.

Superman just thinks he's going to punch in the lunatic in a medieval knight's costume.

His Airness
You mean like how you claimed that Superman is aggressive and I was pointing out that he's not very aggressive? That nonexistant point.

Ask someone who knows more about Doom for feats but Superman has always been open to magical attacks erm

So your implying that when blood lusted, Superman isn't an aggressive character? Would you like to ask Superboy Prime?

So your arguing on speculation?

Yes I agree. However more time than not, Superman fights through his weaknesses and without knowing the full extent of Dooms power it's baseless to assume he could defeat Clark using magic.

His Airness
Originally posted by janus77
Superman doesn't know Doom, Doom doesn't know Superman.
if he did know of Superman, he would have kryptonite dust sprayed all over his suit, just for a freak occasion when the man of steel chooses to pay a visit. that's Doom. prepared like a herd of boyscouts. led by Ned Flanders ( confused ).

Superman comes in, guns blazing, he smacks into Doom's shield. Doom notes: one flying brick, hostile, powerful, high threat potential.
Doom reacts by upping his defences and looking to buy time to think, analyse and act.

Superman just thinks he's going to punch in the lunatic in a medieval knight's costume.

In other words, you don't know too much about Superman? If you did you'd know that while kryptonite does affect Superman, he's developed a strong resistance against it. It doesn't guarantee a victory.

Symmetric Chaos
So your implying that when blood lusted, Superman isn't an aggressive character? Would you like to ask Superboy Prime?

So your arguing on speculation?

Bloodlusted? Forum bloodlust is just that they're fighting to win.

Yes I agree. However more time than not, Superman fights through his weaknesses and without knowing the full extent of Dooms power it's baseless to assume he could defeat Clark using magic.

And the converse is true as well.

His Airness
Bloodlusted? Forum bloodlust is just that they're fighting to win.

And the converse is true as well.

At all cost, thats the definition of bloodlust. The the human propensity to do whatever it takes to survive or achieve a goal, even killing.

I know the extent of Clarks power, your ignorant to Doom's. My point is valid until some sort of refutable evidence is brought to this discussion. smile

darthgoober
For those wondering about the magical might of Doom...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8956088&highlight=userid%3A99400#post8956088

Symmetric Chaos
At all cost, thats the definition of bloodlust. The the human propensity to do whatever it takes to survive or achieve a goal, even killing.

Not at all costs. Still within the characters personality. Did you even read the forum rules?

I know the extent of Clarks power, your ignorant to Doom's. My point is valid until some sort of refutable evidence is brought to this discussion. smile

You would also seem to be ignorant of Doom's power erm

So neither of us can make a very good point except that Superman is weak to magic but seems to ignore his weaknesses,

His Airness
Not at all costs. Still within the characters personality. Did you even read the forum rules?

You would also seem to be ignorant of Doom's power erm

So neither of us can make a very good point except that Superman is weak to magic but seems to ignore his weaknesses,

The forum rule is bloodlust. The definition of bloodlust is the the human propensity to do whatever it takes to survive or achieve a goal, even killing. What exactly are you arguing?

I know Doom finished in second behind Strange in the Sorcerer Supreme contest, a ploy by Doom so that Strange would be obligated to help him save his mother from Mephisto's realm due to the tournament's stipulations, but that feat was more attributed to Doom's intelligence and guile than his overall magic ability.

Superman wins.

Symmetric Chaos
The forum rule is bloodlust. The definition of bloodlust is the the human propensity to do whatever it takes to survive or achieve a goal, even killing. What exactly are you arguing?

I'm pointing out this little gem.

"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise."

This isn't Superman going Midnighter on his enemies. This is him trying to win within reason.

I know Doom finished in second behind Strange in the Sorcerer Supreme contest, a ploy by Doom so that Strange would be obligated to help him save his mother from Mephisto's realm due to the tournament's stipulations, but that feat was more attributed to Doom's intelligence and guile than his overall magic ability.

For those wondering about the magical might of Doom...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8956088&highlight=userid%3A99400#post8956088

SpunkySmurph

Yes I agree. However more time than not, Superman fights through his weaknesses and without knowing the full extent of Dooms power it's baseless to assume he could defeat Clark using magic. Doom knows how to cast the Bands of Cyttorak. no expression

His Airness
I'm pointing out this little gem.

"It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise."

This isn't Superman going Midnighter on his enemies. This is him trying to win within reason.

So back to my previous question. Must you ask Superboy Prime, or for that matter Luthor?

I know, it's Superman going all out, which includes him being aggressive. smile

Symmetric Chaos
So back to my previous question. Must you ask Superboy Prime, or for that matter Luthor?

You're pretty dim aren't you erm

His Airness
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Doom knows how to cast the Bands of Cyttorak. no expression

Which are based on one's focus. How focused will Doom be with Superman is his face? Superman may be restricted to no speedblitzing, but that doesn't mean his speed all together is thrown out.

darthgoober

But WHY could we ask SBP or Lex? Could it be because they're still alive?

His Airness
You're pretty dim aren't you erm

Is this another side step?

No, I just simply believe that being aggressive is included in being bloodlusted. Or would you expect a bloodlusted character to fight lackadaisical?

His Airness
But WHY could we ask SBP or Lex? Could it be because they're still alive?

Let me retract my point. My point was to say that while bloodlusted Superman has fought aggressively. Ask Prime or Luthor. I know Superman is not a killer, however I do view him as an aggressive character.

Symmetric Chaos
Is this another side step?

No, I just simply believe that being aggressive is included in being bloodlusted. Or would you expect a bloodlusted character to fight lackadaisical?

Come on man. Look at Superman's usual fights and try to honestly tell me he's the kind of guy who goes straight for the killing blow.

There is a reason people usually specify bloodlust when they want characters to go for the kill. Mainly because they don't do that. Agression is not a huge part of Superman's personality which will be holding him back per the rules.

His Airness
Come on man. Look at Superman's usual fights and try to honestly tell me he's the kind of guy who goes straight for the killing blow.

There is a reason people usually specify bloodlust when they want characters to go for the kill. Mainly because they don't do that. Agression is not a huge part of Superman's personality which will be holding him back per the rules.

Nevermind.

SpunkySmurph
Which are based on one's focus. How focused will Doom be with Superman is his face? Superman may be restricted to no speedblitzing, but that doesn't mean his speed all together is thrown out. Doom generates a shield, allowing him a split second of time, which is all he needs.

I think Supes wins, but I'm just pointing out Doom's magic is capable of taking out Supes.

darthgoober
Let me retract my point. My point was to say that while bloodlusted Superman has fought aggressively. Ask Prime or Luthor. I know Superman is not a killer, however I do view him as an aggressive character.
Oh well that's different. The only reason I had a problem with what you were saying was because I thought you were trying to say that Supes would be trying to take Doom's head off right out of the gate.

I'll agree that Supes would be aggressive(especially since he knows he's fighting Dr. Doom), but he wouldn't be going for the kill unless it became ABSOLUTELY necessary.

charlemagne9746
Superman can still throw him into the sun..IMO. Supes' has dealt with smarter villains before..such as Braniac and Darkseid...and has prevailed. Doom can get some wins on Superman but I don't think he could take a majority in chance meetings.

darthgoober
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Superman can still throw him into the sun..IMO. Supes' has dealt with smarter villains before..such as Braniac and Darkseid...and has prevailed. Doom can get some wins on Superman but I don't think he could take a majority in chance meetings.
Throwing Doom into the sun's not really an option. Not only would that be EXTREMELY out of character for Supes, Doom has teleportation equipment built into his armor that would allow him to teleport back to Earth before he reached the Sun.

SpunkySmurph
Anyways, Heat Vision ftw.

darthgoober
Anyways, Heat Vision ftw.
no

Supes might be able to pull a win or two here, but I see Doom taking a solid majority.

charlemagne9746
no

Supes might be able to pull a win or two here, but I see Doom taking a solid majority.

I agree that Doom could pull a majority with prep....but, I don't see how he could in random meetings. If Doom was really all of that....he'd be ruling the world right now. If the F4 can stop Doom...then I see no reason why Superman can't either.

darthgoober
I agree that Doom could pull a majority with prep....but, I don't see how he could in random meetings. If Doom was really all of that....he'd be ruling the world right now. If the F4 can stop Doom...then I see no reason why Superman can't either.
The FF has Reed Richards, who's about the only guy around that's able to our gadget Doom. In a no PIS fight without speedblitzing as an option, Supes will go down after being trapped by the Bands of Cyttorak and subjected to numerous mystic blast and all the goodies Doom has built into his armor.

charlemagne9746
The FF has Reed Richards, who's about the only guy around that's able to our gadget Doom. In a no PIS fight without speedblitzing as an option, Supes will go down after being trapped by the Bands of Cyttorak and subjected to numerous mystic blast and all the goodies Doom has built into his armor.

But what is Doom is not successful in trapping Superman with the bands of Cytorrak?

carver9

How is beating superman making it possible for you to take over the world. Nate grey can beat superman but I cant see him taking over the world. Juggernaut without bfring could beat superman but i cant see him taking over the world. Thor can beat superman but I still cant possibly even see him taking over the world.

Without speed blitz doom takes this.

I have another question, not saying that he cant do it but have superman ever thrown someone to the sun. Im talking about from earth to the sun. Or has he thrown a object to the sun. Just want to know.

darthgoober
But what is Doom is not successful in trapping Superman with the bands of Cytorrak?
Why wouldn't he be?

Caps Conscience

And the ff would stomp a mud hole into supes too with prep. Your really not making much of a point here my friend.

SpunkySmurph
no

Supes might be able to pull a win or two here, but I see Doom taking a solid majority. none180

I would say Doom wins... but the heat vision technically isn't a speedblitz, is too fast to block, and too hot to handle.

janus77
Doom's taken direct blasts before, no?
anyway, the h-v should just hit the shield and make a colourfull little spectacle.

spidey-dude
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2808/supermandoomji8.jpg did they go at it in this book ?

darthgoober
none180

I would say Doom wins... but the heat vision technically isn't a speedblitz, is too fast to block, and too hot to handle.
But Supes doesn't really let loose with a full intesity blast of heat vision unless he knows for a fact his opponent will survive, and I doubt that a standard blast will bring Doom down given his armor's defense system...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4779/theinfinitygauntlet0417yw9.th.jpg

charlemagne9746
And the ff would stomp a mud hole into supes too with prep. Your really not making much of a point here my friend.

No...we're just talking about random meetings(fights). Sure...the F4 could beat Superman with prep...but without prep...Superman would take them in a random meeting. That is the point I was making about Doom. Doom has a lot of gadgets..and he thinks well on the spur of the moment...but Superman isn't dumb either...he'd actually be even smarter than Doom. I think Superman could handle a lot of what Doom can dish out in any random fight...and find a way to beat him.

charlemagne9746
Originally posted by carver9
How is beating superman making it possible for you to take over the world. Nate grey can beat superman but I cant see him taking over the world. Juggernaut without bfring could beat superman but i cant see him taking over the world. Thor can beat superman but I still cant possibly even see him taking over the world.

Without speed blitz doom takes this.

I have another question, not saying that he cant do it but have superman ever thrown someone to the sun. Im talking about from earth to the sun. Or has he thrown a object to the sun. Just want to know.

I didn't say that beating Superman would make it possible for Doom to take over the world. Doom is good...I just don't think he should be over-hyped. If Doom can take out someone of Superman's abilities in any random meeting...then he would be powerful enough to take over the world...since no one that is Earth-based in Marvel comes close to having Superman's powers...with the exception of Thor. My point is...if he's good enough to own Superman...then he would be good enough to own anyone on Marvel Earth.

And Juggernaut ain't beating Supes' on any day of the week. All Juggernaut has going for him is strength....and his strength is no where near Superman's. Juggy may not get knocked out...but ,he'll get knocked around all day long. Juggernaut could do nothing to Superman...so, he's not gonna beat him.

SpunkySmurph
But Supes doesn't really let loose with a full intesity blast of heat vision unless he knows for a fact his opponent will survive, and I doubt that a standard blast will bring Doom down given his armor's defense system...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/4779/theinfinitygauntlet0417yw9.th.jpg Maybe... but it'll still be a fairly strong blast, given that he IS bloodlusted.

And, if Doom is as wrecked as he is in that scan, his concentration would probably be off just enough for Supes to hit him with a stronger blast.

It's not like Doom would have time to react anyways.

carver9
I didn't say that beating Superman would make it possible for Doom to take over the world. Doom is good...I just don't think he should be over-hyped. If Doom can take out someone of Superman's abilities in any random meeting...then he would be powerful enough to take over the world...since no one that is Earth-based in Marvel comes close to having Superman's powers...with the exception of Thor. My point is...if he's good enough to own Superman...then he would be good enough to own anyone on Marvel Earth.

And Juggernaut ain't beating Supes' on any day of the week. All Juggernaut has going for him is strength....and his strength is no where near Superman's. Juggy may not get knocked out...but ,he'll get knocked around all day long. Juggernaut could do nothing to Superman...so, he's not gonna beat him.

I think that jugs can take sups if he is using his powers right (force field etc..). It would be another doomsday fight if bfr wasnt factored. Also dont forget that juggernaut is a magic base being so his punches could have an affect on superman. Now superman strength being higher than juggernaut, thats something that i just dont know since juggernaut has never struggled to lift anything and war hulk was stated of having infinite strength but juggernaut was pushing him back with ease.

It has also been stated that juggernaut has unlimited strength. In the marvel encyclopedia, in the excaliber comic when he was searching for the gem, etc.... http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=596

Superman dont have the tools to bring juggernaut down and would wear out.

charlemagne9746
I think that jugs can take sups if he is using his powers right (force field etc..). It would be another doomsday fight if bfr wasnt factored. Also dont forget that juggernaut is a magic base being so his punches could have an affect on superman. Now superman strength being higher than juggernaut, thats something that i just dont know since juggernaut has never struggled to lift anything and war hulk was stated of having infinite strength but juggernaut was pushing him back with ease.

It has also been stated that juggernaut has unlimited strength. In the marvel encyclopedia, in the excaliber comic when he was searching for the gem, etc.... http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=596

Superman dont have the tools to bring juggernaut down and would wear out.

Well...in your standard fight....Juggernaut doesn't have the same speed that Doomsday and Superman have. Superman can easily dodge anything that Juggernaut might throw at him. Juggernaut will not wear out...but Superman will frustrate him...because he won't be able to land many hits...if any. Superman is fast enough to pound on Juggernaut all day long. Admittedly, Juggernaut will not be knocked out....but Superman will be throwing him around all day long. If anything...Juggernaut's only hope is just to stalemate Supes. DC characters tend to be stronger than Marvel characters...particulary Earth based marvel characters...in general. Juggernaut's punches don't have the force of say...nuclear explosions...and nuclear devices barely even phase Superman. Nothing on panel suggests that Juggernaut even comes close to having Superman level strength...and until then...Superman has to be considered much stronger.

Again...i agree with you...Superman can't knock Juggs out...he'd have to BFR him...and in a fight....I don't see how that wouldn't happen anyway. One of these guys are gonna get his so hard that he's gonna end up a few hundred miles away anyway. However, in a standard fight...anything goes...Superman has too much of an advantage in strength, speed, and flight to lose to Juggernaut. The only way for Juggernaut to win is for both to be pitted in a standard boxing match...cause Supes would wear out first...but, that would never happen in a real encounter.

Avalonofthewind
Doom is probably my favorite Marvel character....but without prep...he gets horribly stomped.

And I never quite got the hang of "no speedblitz" as speed is a subjective term.

How fast or slow do you want to guy to go?

Even a quick human can speedblitz most characters....then you start moving up the ladder and getting to Spiderman's speed level...all the way up to Flash...

carver9
Well...in your standard fight....Juggernaut doesn't have the same speed that Doomsday and Superman have. Superman can easily dodge anything that Juggernaut might throw at him. Juggernaut will not wear out...but Superman will frustrate him...because he won't be able to land many hits...if any. Superman is fast enough to pound on Juggernaut all day long. Admittedly, Juggernaut will not be knocked out....but Superman will be throwing him around all day long. If anything...Juggernaut's only hope is just to stalemate Supes. DC characters tend to be stronger than Marvel characters...particulary Earth based marvel characters...in general. Juggernaut's punches don't have the force of say...nuclear explosions...and nuclear devices barely even phase Superman. Nothing on panel suggests that Juggernaut even comes close to having Superman level strength...and until then...Superman has to be considered much stronger.

Again...i agree with you...Superman can't knock Juggs out...he'd have to BFR him...and in a fight....I don't see how that wouldn't happen anyway. One of these guys are gonna get his so hard that he's gonna end up a few hundred miles away anyway. However, in a standard fight...anything goes...Superman has too much of an advantage in strength, speed, and flight to lose to Juggernaut. The only way for Juggernaut to win is for both to be pitted in a standard boxing match...cause Supes would wear out first...but, that would never happen in a real encounter.

Superman dont know how to use his speed in the terms that your saying that he can. Superman isnt a dragonball character and he dont wink in and out during combat. Superman has been hit by lobo, solomon grundy, batman, hulk, almost every character in dcu. Superman has sufficient speed but during brawls almost any character can hit him. Until the day i see hiim wink in and out during battle Im not changing the fact that juggernaut cant hit him.

Now in reference to the strength. Like I said before due to cytorrak I think that juggernaut could be as strong or even stronger than superman. Juggernaut has never displayed a sign of struggling to pick up anything and he pushed back a being that was stated as having incacaulable strength.

When supes met hulk he commented on hulk being stronger than him. I have seen marvel pull as good of feats as dc. Example, gladiator under his own power moved a planet. Superman needed the aid of wonderwoman and martian manhunter to move the moon. Gladiator under his own power stood on top of a planet that had 9 moons and punch the planet to dust in 3 punches but superman had to fly through a moon to even cause any damage.

Juggernaut can land licks on superman just like all the brawlers and heavy weights that superman fights on a regular basis. Juggernaut has the potential to wear superman down and ending the fight with a k o to the head (due to superman losing solar energy). Juggernaut can just lay down and let superman punch on him all day to no affect.

There is no way that superman can beat juggernaut and I do think that juggernaut have the potential to hit superman. He didnt have a problem hitting northstar and northstar moves at the speed of light.

carver9
good post but it didnt help anything.

Avalonofthewind
Superman dont know how to use his speed in the terms that your saying that he can. Superman isnt a dragonball character and he dont wink in and out during combat.

Superman has moved so fast he's turned intangible AND invisible.

Vibrated his arm so fast he shattered another Superman/Herald level character.

Speed has never been an issue for the man of steel.

Would you want 2 panel comic books at todays prices?

carver9
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman has moved so fast he's turned intangible AND invisible.

Vibrated his arm so fast he shattered another Superman/Herald level character.

Speed has never been an issue for the man of steel.

Would you want 2 panel comic books at todays prices?

Well mimic has super speed also; example

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles15158eh.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles15162eh.jpg

goes close to the speed of light but people seem to hit him. Do you not understand that yeah supes, mimic, etc... has super speed but does that mean that they fight as super speed, no. They dont fight like dragonball z characters, they are able to hit you fast, ill give them that people on same speed level as rhino has hit them without a problem. Just as equus who scratched a chunk out of supermans chest.

Avalonofthewind
Well mimic has super speed also; example

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles15158eh.jpg
http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles15162eh.jpg

goes close to the speed of light but people seem to hit him. Do you not understand that yeah supes, mimic, etc... has super speed but does that mean that they fight as super speed, no. They dont fight like dragonball z characters, they are able to hit you fast, ill give them that people on same speed level as rhino has hit them without a problem. Just as equus who scratched a chunk out of supermans chest.

Superman vibrated intangible during a fight... and catches machine gun bullets without breaking a sweat. What you are implying makes no sense whatsoever.

Put DBZ characters in a comic, and Rhino would hit them as well...why? Because nobody wants 2 panel comics...

carver9
Superman vibrated intangible during a fight... and catches machine gun bullets without breaking a sweat. What you are implying makes no sense whatsoever.

Put DBZ characters in a comic, and Rhino would hit them as well...why? Because nobody wants 2 panel comics...

dragonball seems to make more sense than comics unless comics is saying what i just posted above.

Everyone that goku fight has super speed to KEEP UP with him because he FIGHTS at super speed. Superman has slower enemies because yes he does have speed (which he only use for traveling) but he fight at the pace of his villian because he dont know how to fight at super speed, he cant. It takes training in order to do things like that and goku and others from dragonball trained on that from day one.

Superman can not fight at super speed. I have seen him move at super speed while fighting someone but it is very rare and i think that the writer just wanted to do something different. The fact of the matter is superman would have to take a punch in order to land one just like any other character. His entire career he has been hit by people that is much slower than him but on kmc they give superman powers and abilities that he just dont have.

Avalonofthewind
dragonball seems to make more sense than comics unless comics is saying what i just posted above.

Everyone that goku fight has super speed to KEEP UP with him because he FIGHTS at super speed. Superman has slower enemies because yes he does have speed (which he only use for traveling) but he fight at the pace of his villian because he dont know how to fight at super speed, he cant. It takes training in order to do things like that and goku and others from dragonball trained on that from day one.

Superman can not fight at super speed. I have seen him move at super speed while fighting someone but it is very rare and i think that the writer just wanted to do something different. The fact of the matter is superman would have to take a punch in order to land one just like any other character. His entire career he has been hit by people that is much slower than him but on kmc they give superman powers and abilities that he just dont have.

Wrong. On KMC people avoid the PIS that occurs. Flash could IMP the mess out of every DBZ character before they could even begin to blink. Do you think this would happen in a comic? Of course not, once again...because you would be interested in a fight that lasted more than 2 panels for your dollar.

DBZ characters train and yes, it does make them faster, but these guys are not lightspeed, nor will they every be..whether it's travelling or fighting. There is a huge difference between them, Flash, Superman, Doomsday, WW, Etc.

carver9
Wrong. On KMC people avoid the PIS that occurs. Flash could IMP the mess out of every DBZ character before they could even begin to blink. Do you think this would happen in a comic? Of course not, once again...because you would be interested in a fight that lasted more than 2 panels for your dollar.

DBZ characters train and yes, it does make them faster, but these guys are not lightspeed, nor will they every be..whether it's travelling or fighting. There is a huge difference between them, Flash, Superman, Doomsday, WW, Etc.

Lets not turn this into a dragonball z thing but this is the last thing that Im going to say about them. I dont think that flash, superman, or doomsday has enough speed to keep up with dragonball z characters. Thats just my opinion. I consider dragonball to be faster. One reason why Im saying this was because in the dragonball era, not dragonball z but dragonball, when goku was fighting tien and took off the weighted clothing, it was stated THEN that he could move that the speed of light. Thats when he started spinning around in circles showing off his speed, creating a tornado. It was also stated by picollo that raditz moved faster than the speed of light.

Goku should be able to beat the hell out of superman and flashed teamed together without much effort. Again thats my thoughts.

Back to the topic. Superman cant fight at super speed but he can easily fly at super speed. Silver surfer cant fight at super speed but he can easily fly at super speed. Mimic cant fly at super speed but can easily fly at super speed. Same goes for wonder woman. I have never seen superman do anything that comes close to what people on dbz do. I have seen him fight people of slow speed that hits him throughout the entire comic.

If superman and doomsday moved so fast why was humans able to see the entire fight. They werent moving at any kind of impressive speed. Everyone that was outside that day seen the entire fight until the last blow. Someone was actually recording it and it was on news for the world to see. Juggernaut can hit superman and if you think that superman stands a chance in hell against anyone on dbz beside chazoo then you need to get off the weed.

I watch Pokemon
when goku was fighting tien and took off the weighted clothing, it was stated THEN that he could move that the speed of light./B]

Never happened, and Goku's trip through Snake Way proves he wasn't going at light speed.

It was also stated by picollo that raditz moved faster than the speed of light.

Dub error. Once again Goku's trip through Snake Way proves this.

Avalonofthewind
Lets not turn this into a dragonball z thing but this is the last thing that Im going to say about them. I dont think that flash, superman, or doomsday has enough speed to keep up with dragonball z characters. Thats just my opinion. I consider dragonball to be faster. One reason why Im saying this was because in the dragonball era, not dragonball z but dragonball, when goku was fighting tien and took off the weighted clothing, it was stated THEN that he could move that the speed of light. Thats when he started spinning around in circles showing off his speed, creating a tornado. It was also stated by picollo that raditz moved faster than the speed of light.

Goku should be able to beat the hell out of superman and flashed teamed together without much effort. Again thats my thoughts.

Back to the topic. Superman cant fight at super speed but he can easily fly at super speed. Silver surfer cant fight at super speed but he can easily fly at super speed. Mimic cant fly at super speed but can easily fly at super speed. Same goes for wonder woman. I have never seen superman do anything that comes close to what people on dbz do. I have seen him fight people of slow speed that hits him throughout the entire comic.

If superman and doomsday moved so fast why was humans able to see the entire fight. They werent moving at any kind of impressive speed. Everyone that was outside that day seen the entire fight until the last blow. Someone was actually recording it and it was on news for the world to see. Juggernaut can hit superman and if you think that superman stands a chance in hell against anyone on dbz beside chazoo then you need to get off the weed.

Ok...that confirms it....you are definitely a dbz fanboy.
Flash alone would smoke any dbz character...the guy has moved faster than death and travels through time... he could IMP any of them with no issue.

Superman is pretty damn fast as well but of course Flash is faster.....DBZ guys are way behind them in speed. It sounds like you are making ridiculous excuses to hype up your guys. We'll leave them as is though, your bias comes through in pretty much all your posts and I realize this is a waste of time.

I'll let this go back on track to it's regular topic.

carver9
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
Never happened, and Goku's trip through Snake Way proves he wasn't going at light speed.

Dub error. Once again Goku's trip through Snake Way proves this.

Did goku display any kind of speed going through snake way. I dont think that he was because I didnt see any. Everything that i told you was the truth. I dont know what happened to goku when he was on snake way but during the dragonball era and when he fought raditz everything was true.

I watch Pokemon

SpunkySmurph
Flash alone would smoke any dbz character...the guy has moved faster than death and travels through time... he could IMP any of them with no issue.

Superman is pretty damn fast as well but of course Flash is faster.....DBZ guys are way behind them in speed. It sounds like you are making ridiculous excuses to hype up your guys. We'll leave them as is though, your bias comes through in pretty much all your posts and I realize this is a waste of time.

I'll let this go back on track to it's regular topic. "You're an incredibly big fanboy, devoid of intelligence, with ineptitude in abundance.

But, that's off topic, so we won't talk any more about it."

I like your style. smile

And, since I'm bored, who knows the correct response to that?

carver9

I'll let this go back on track to it's regular topic.

I like dragonball but Im not a fanatic like a lot of these people are, I like all anime but Im into comics more. Can tell you more about superman and flash then anything about dragonball. Until the day that i see superman or flash fight like this im not going to consider them nothing but a piece of dirt under goku boots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT5Q-4PFuUw

Back to the fight doom should win.

carver9
Also you know that speed feat that superman fans seems to bring up when he was fighting doomsday and doomsday fist was going through him (the only good speed feat that superman has). You do know that goku was doing that when he was a child. Superman finally accomplished something that goku was doing when he was 6. You know when superman was fighting imperiex and he was grabbing imperex leg then they showed him doing something else, you do know that goku did something better than that when he fought master roshi. The speed feats (besides traveling) that superman has done goku did them when he wasnt even 10.

I watch Pokemon
Also you know that speed feat that superman fans seems to bring up when he was fighting doomsday and doomsday fist was going through him (the only good speed feat that superman has). You do know that goku was doing that when he was a child. Superman finally accomplished something that goku was doing when he was 6. You know when superman was fighting imperiex and he was grabbing imperex leg then they showed him doing something else, you do know that goku did something better than that when he fought master roshi. The speed feats (besides traveling) that superman has done goku did them when he wasnt even 10.

Do you speak any language that non-gibbering idiots can understand? Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

If your brain matter was axle grease, there wouldn't be enough in your head to grease the dynamo on a lightening bug's ass. You're just another Internet-addicted idiot suffering from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the mind. You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. How true is Stanislaw J. Lec's famous remark: "Every now and then you meet someone whose ignorance is encyclopedic."

I'm busy trying to imagine you with a personality. Maybe you'd be less boring once I got to know you, but I don't want to take that chance. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't an 'idiot savant' without the 'savant' part; if your weren't so fat that a "Place Your Billboard Ad Here" is printed on each of your butt cheeks, or if you didn't have a face that makes your dentist treat you by mail-order. Nah, of course you would.

In conclusion, why don't you go away and play Russian roulette with all chambers fully-loaded?

dvampire
Carver9 is crazy.

Superman takes majority against Doom if his speed is that of a normal human.

carver9
Do you speak any language that non-gibbering idiots can understand? Your post is an orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity; an exercise in literary impotence, and an offense to all of good taste and decency.

If your brain matter was axle grease, there wouldn't be enough in your head to grease the dynamo on a lightening bug's ass. You're just another Internet-addicted idiot suffering from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the mind. You've got a big hole in your head, now shut it. When you are at a loss for words, your loss is our gain. How true is Stanislaw J. Lec's famous remark: "Every now and then you meet someone whose ignorance is encyclopedic."

I'm busy trying to imagine you with a personality. Maybe you'd be less boring once I got to know you, but I don't want to take that chance. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers. Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't an 'idiot savant' without the 'savant' part; if your weren't so fat that a "Place Your Billboard Ad Here" is printed on each of your butt cheeks, or if you didn't have a face that makes your dentist treat you by mail-order. Nah, of course you would.

In conclusion, why don't you go away and play Russian roulette with all chambers fully-loaded?

sad

Oh my god, I never got cursed out like this before. I guess I did say something wrong in my post, if I did my bad. I understand your fustration because me and you always end up on the wrong path and we're always disputing against each other.

That was a page full of insults, I dont even know what to say after it. I'll let you have that though because I guess I said something that you dont agree with. Next time just let me know and maybe I can correct it. confused

Lets get off of the dragonball topic and get back to doom getting the majority over superman.

I watch Pokemon
laughing out loud

Anyway, I think this fight could go either way.

carver9
laughing out loud

Anyway, I think this fight could go either way.

laughing

I can tell that youre not a positive guy. I dont smoke cigerettes but I'll be glad to buy you some if it calms you down.

I watch Pokemon
laughing

I can tell that youre not a positive guy. I dont smoke cigerettes but I'll be glad to buy you some if it calms you down.

You just want to give me lung cancer. sad

carver9
You just want to give me lung cancer. sad

I'll holla at you all tomorrow and pokemon I was just messing with ya about the cigarettes. Even though you gave me 3 paragraphs of insults that was college level, your still cool with me.

Have a good night
and by tomorrow I hope everyone changed there mind and voted for doom beating superman.

guy222
supes

Branlor Swift

In conclusion, why don't you go away and play Russian roulette with all chambers fully-loaded? This is the greatest post ever

JakeTheBank
looool

Philosophía
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This is the greatest post ever It got me hard at "orgy of stultifying cacophonous verbal depravity;"

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Rorschach

I was getting ready to see which long banned sock member must have been on the receiving end of this verbal crucifiction.....

.... wow really wasn't your day was it Carver.

DarkSaint85
He's a hero and inspiration to us all.

Mindset
Lol, what ever happened to Rorschach?

dmills
Damn. Ouch.

And yet even after that carver kept it classy.

sad

Oh my god, I never got cursed out like this before. I guess I did say something wrong in my post, if I did my bad. I understand your fustration because me and you always end up on the wrong path and we're always disputing against each other.

That was a page full of insults, I dont even know what to say after it. I'll let you have that though because I guess I said something that you dont agree with. Next time just let me know and maybe I can correct it. confused

Lets get off of the dragonball topic and get back to doom getting the majority over superman.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by shksprtx
Doom...Supes is vulnerable to magic IIRC...

lol i love this argument. yeah, I know how old this comment is btw.

ODG
Doom.

cdtm
No prep gimps Doom more then no speedblitz gimps Superman, considering Supes should be quicker on the draw with his HV/Super Breath then Doom with his spells..

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
This is the greatest ever

It's decent as far as insults go,and Carver has my respect for taking it in stride.

But it doesn't hold a candle to this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Aakla
Originally posted by cdtm
No prep gimps Doom more then no speedblitz gimps Superman, considering Supes should be quicker on the draw with his HV/Super Breath then Doom with his spells..

Doom is always upgrading his armor. he doesn't have special armor for each occasion. the armor he has now stood up to 3 versions of the hulk along with hulks son and his sword and doom just laughed at him. Doom's armor can protect him from Superman long enough for doom to come up with something. but most likely doom has embedded his armor with Kryptonite since his last fight with Supes. the same way he has pieces of the original Cross in his armor just incase Dracula shows up. its not a "what armor should I use now deal".

abhilegend
Superman.

Mindset
Loses.

Mindset
I'm not a Doom fan, he's alright, but I love Superman.

Unfortunately, I don't see any possible way Doom does not win this fight 10/10.

erm

deathlife
Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.