Anakin/Darth Vader Respect Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
I want to prepare a case on another site by Vader is more powerful than Revan.

They prioritize actual feats over statements however and I need evidence of what powers Anakin or suited Vader has displayed.

I'd be much obliged if I can get help on this.

Rampant ox
He bet Dooku. sad

Nikkolas
Yeah, got that one. smile I just know I heard Vader knew Force crush and did some nifty Force things while in the suit.

ADarksideJedi
I would say he is alot more powerful!Love your siggy by the way!jm

Tangible God
Aren't Revan's feat and abilities based on many Game Mechanics that can't be taken into account as entirely consistent or accurate?

I'd still say he's better than Suit-Vader though. A little lightning and...

Nikkolas
I know, I know.

But this topic isn't about Vader vs. Revan.

iI just want some listing of feats of the powers Vader had while suited or not.

Darth Sweers
Darth Vader is the most powerful sith lord yet after Datrth Sidious who wore the kyber crystal. Darth Revan is nothing compared to him. Even Lord Maul had MUCH more potential and midicholorean level then revan ever would have.

kamhal
And you have to stop going to supershadow supercrap site...

Anyway, i give vader my respect, even though I believe anakin>suited vader

jollyjim311
I've got pages of this somewhere...

Well, off the top of my head:
*Vader's hate helped to keep him alive for twenty years.
*In SOTME Vader activates his lightsaber and kills an individual "faster that the human eye can follow," along with blocking another blade with a "lightning gesture" There are quotes of him being "lightning fast" and the sort from RODV and the scripts.
* He killed the Dark Woman in a very cool fight, and reveals to us that , like his former self, he becomes more powerful the longer he fights.
*When Vader went up against Boba, Vader used the force to hold Boba in one spot, and hid grip was compared to steel or something. Also, he pops someone's head.
* Vader has a form that relies mainly on strength, and he is tremendously powerful, he can easily crush a lightsaber in his hand, has mechanical limbs along with Sith alchemical substances that even further amplify his strength and other physical abilities.
*Unless it's been retconned, Vader can make "a ball of pure white energy" using the force, as he did in SOTME.
*Vader toyed with a pair of Clone Wars veteran Jedi, who had a lot of synergy, and defeated them in seconds.
*Vader has used his hatred to heal himself for a short period of time in SOTE (and had done it before that incident).

Meh, it's kind of lame without actual links to comics and such...
RODV is very good though, so people should check it out, and see what Vader's capable of for themselves.

Plus: These are Vader's supposed apprentices, and they are capable of the following: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3qJrV11TUa8

However, nothing is confirmed yet, so...

Riverollv
I agree... I think Vader is highly underrated. Probably if the OT was remade with today's tech, Vader would appear faster and stronger.

vader11
No, I don't think Vader is highly underrated, especially most people here say Vader>Dooku.

Riverollv
Originally posted by vader11
No, I don't think Vader is highly underrated, especially most people here say Vader>Dooku.

Yes, but all the newbies that no nothing about the EU, underrate Vader's strength, powers, and speed.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Riverollv
Probably if the OT was remade with today's tech, Vader would appear faster and stronger.
Heh. So true...

But unlike Anakin, because of how slow Vader was in the OT (in terms of movement), I'm afraid he wouldn't be that much more of a match for Revan than he was for Luke (in RotJ, not ESB stick out tongue)... I can see why some think he's underrated though, and I agree with that.

Originally posted by Riverollv
Yes, but all the newbies that no nothing about the EU, underrate Vader's strength, powers, and speed.
Meh. While I'm no newb to Star Wars at all, perhaps I have been underestimating his speed... I'm no stranger to his strength and powers though. smile I admit though, I do have a bit of a... lack of knowledge about the EU sad (even though I'm familiar with Darth Revan and what not). *wishes I knew more about it*

Count Makashi
How is he underrated, he is recognized as one of the most powerful Sith Lords ever on this forum.

Riverollv
I said by newbies...

Manslayer
Originally posted by kamhal
And you have to stop going to supershadow supercrap site...

Anyway, i give vader my respect, even though I believe anakin>suited vader Anakin >>> vader in saber skills but in force mastery vader greatly surpasses anakin

And yes vader IS the most underrated sith lord. By newbs logic anybody who has lightning > vader automatically. The fact weather vader is in the top 5 sith lords is debateble and dooku is closely behind vader in power because imo dooku is a little bit underrated

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Manslayer
Anakin >>> vader in saber skills but in force mastery vader greatly surpasses anakin
Hmm. Now that ya mention it, you're right. Now if only everyone were to realize this, then Vader won't be so underrated, eh?

ThoraxeRMG
I won't say he's better than Revan, just equal in terms.
I still respect Anakin like I do to Revan.

Darth Martin
Freakin Uber!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBiYpD3SDc&feature=related

Darth Hord
It is but it is not Vader

Darth Martin
Actually I believe it is.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Actually I believe it is.

It clearly is not.The game is about Vader's apprentice and he says right after "you have done well my apprentice"

Pause at 42 seconds and look close at the body detail,you can tell his arms don't have the same detail that vader's arms have and his hood is just that a hood not a helmet. Look at a pic of the apprentice from the front and it is pretty obvious that is either the apprentice or it would have to be one of the worst cutscenes I have seen on a next gen. consle But it is much more likely the first.

And it is obvious in his lightsaber pose that it aint vader(they show the same pose more times used by the apprentice and not just int his video). Plus you play as the apprentice in the "field" it only makes sense it is the apprentice. To further show that is not Vader they have concept art of the apprentice with his lightsaber out.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#/story/concept_art/

Darth Martin
Oh well, but we can make a good assumption that since Vader is a Sith Lord and is the dude's master then Vader should be able to perform the same task if not greater.

GahLakTus
I hope the apprentice isn't more powerful than vader, or that would be utter bullshit considering the fact that the apprentice can just zap and kill vader rather than bow to him.

Darth Martin
He isn't more powerful. Because every source clearly states with the exception of the Emperor, Darth Vader is the most powerful figure in the galaxy.

Light_Sith
I'm a Revan fan boy.

I am a bit of a Vader hater.

Anyhow, if you want to argue for Vader being more powerful, just point at Lucas' official list.

That should do it.

As for me, I cannot picture Vader fighting more than one skilled force user at a time. Does he do it? Probably. He probably takes all the remaining Jedi to school. You would have to read some comics I guess.

It would be pretty hard for a writer to describe the battles in detail however since from what we see in the films, he is very slow.

Meh.

Sylar
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I'm a Revan fan boy.

Anyhow, if you want to argue for Vader being more powerful, just point at Lucas' official list.

That should do it.

As for me, I cannot picture Vader fighting more than one skilled force user at a time. Does he do it? Probably. He probably takes all the remaining Jedi to school. You would have to read some comics I guess.

It would be pretty hard for a writer to describe the battles in detail however since from what we see in the films, he is very slow.

Meh. ok vader-hater, Notice that vader has actually took on 7 jedi knights at once and wtf owned 4 of them? Or the fact that he has shown great strength in the force such as ripping out a bridge into pieces and using it as missles.

Oh and vader IS fast, just not as fast as the others like dooku maul sidious etc as seen in the comics, and didn't leland chee state that EU speeds do not contradict movie speeds? Or that would make mace windu as slow as vader seeing we only saw him fight once in the movies?

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Sylar
ok vader-hater, Notice that vader has actually took on 7 jedi knights at once and wtf owned 4 of them? Or the fact that he has shown great strength in the force such as ripping out a bridge into pieces and using it as missles.

Oh and vader IS fast, just not as fast as the others like dooku maul sidious etc as seen in the comics, and didn't leland chee state that EU speeds do not contradict movie speeds? Or that would make mace windu as slow as vader seeing we only saw him fight once in the movies?

He owned 4 Jedi at the one time? As I said I would never have doubted such a thing, but would idly guess that it would be difficult for a writer to describe it blow for blow.

It really is not a matter of any great consequence (unless you go to the versus forum apparently).

To seriously attempt to find "proof" on these things is akin to finding proof that a certain God exists.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I worship the FSM.

Antaeus
Darth Vader killed Sidious.
He is the most powerfull of them all.

Antaeus
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I'm a Revan fan boy.

That should do it.

Meh.

Anyone who could post Lucas' official list in here.
And a link would be great too.

Darth Martin
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strongassteelap9.png
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darkwomanbattlenc5.png
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tarkcommitzk7.png
http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beastbattlejb4.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.