13 Tzameti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Please people, please watch this movie. Un-freakin-believable!!!!
I really cannot say more than that. Trust me, I was sceptical at first, being this a french film and although I am french descent, I question if anything worthwhile came out of that culture but damn that movie is all that!!!!
Anxious to hear feedback from you guys.!!!

jaden101
i thought it was the most predictable piece of tat i've watched in a long long time...there are far better french films

irreversible
the beat that my heart skipped

far superior to 13 tzameti

MildPossession
I prefer Beat over 13, but still thought 13 was worth the look. American remake on the way.

Obi-Wan Kenobi'
dasfasfasdfasdfdsafsdfa

Storm
If you don' t have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, then simply don' t participate in them Obi-Wan Kenobi'.

LordFear
Well I still standby this film and really appreciated it. And it was not a predictable movie at all. I disagree with that totally. You really predicted that this kid was gonna end up in this sordid nightmarish "tournament"?
Sorry I just don't buy it and furthermore its better than a lot of trash put out by our movie industry these days

jaden101
Originally posted by LordFear
Well I still standby this film and really appreciated it. And it was not a predictable movie at all. I disagree with that totally. You really predicted that this kid was gonna end up in this sordid nightmarish "tournament"?
Sorry I just don't buy it and furthermore its better than a lot of trash put out by our movie industry these days

you didn't have to predict that he was going to end up in a russian roulette style "game"...that much i knew before i watched the film anyway...i did predict that he would "win" and i did predict that he would face the contestant of the two brothers and i did predict that the other brother would kill him in revenge

you could see that coming a mile away

LordFear
Originally posted by jaden101
you didn't have to predict that he was going to end up in a russian roulette style "game"...that much i knew before i watched the film anyway...i did predict that he would "win" and i did predict that he would face the contestant of the two brothers and i did predict that the other brother would kill him in revenge

you could see that coming a mile away

well first off, YOU knew beforehand that this involved a russian roulette game but to someone who had no previous knowledge or didn't read up on the synopsis. this would not be apparent.
Second, I honestly would have said that the bodyguard dude that kinda help him along the way and acted to be his friend. would of been the guy to off him since at the end he was gunning for him and thats why the kid fled through the backdoor and into the woods.
I would have preferred him dying in the tournament

jaden101
as would i...it would have been less predictable and made the impact of the game harder...more so if it was before the final head to head round

perhaps them getting rid of his body out the back while you hear the final round the final round taken place from a window in the building and see the flash of the last shot.

MildPossession
Man have you guys heard of spoilers tags or what...

jaden101
if someone doesn't want to know about a film before they've seen it then why do they read a thread about it

MildPossession
He wants people to watch this film, if you want people to watch it, why go on in the same topic spoiling scenes.

It's not much effort to put spoiler tags on anyway.

jaden101
doesn't take much effort to not read something either

plus...if you want people to use spoiler tags...have a spoiler tags button along with the "quote" "IMG" etc

Phat J
Originally posted by jaden101
if someone doesn't want to know about a film before they've seen it then why do they read a thread about it
to find out if its worth watching would be my guess

jaden101
my guess would be that people who start threads about films are there to discuss the film...having actually seen it is usually a prerequisite for that...or maybe i'm being backwards...oh wait...no i'm not

MildPossession
Oh dear, this topic was started with people who haven't seen it in mind, that is obvious from the very first post, he does say he wants people to watch it.

So the people who have seen it, need to be careful with spoilers in this topic when giving feedback.

Really not hard to understand is it...

jaden101
so dont read it...what's the problem?

is every thread about every film on this forum aimed at people who haven't seen the films?...make for quite a bland discussion if they are

i'd say this denotes that it's clearly aimed at people who have seen it to respond and give their opinion

Phat J
Originally posted by LordFear
Please people, please watch this movie. Un-freakin-believable!!!!
I really cannot say more than that. Trust me, I was sceptical at first, being this a french film and although I am french descent, I question if anything worthwhile came out of that culture but damn that movie is all that!!!!

what about that?

jaden101
what about it...except it being an insult to the french saying they have no culture...highly ironic given that it was an American that wrote it

lilylidou
It's amazing.
But I don't like such style

Myth
Reminded me why I found Deer Hunter so boring, but at least it was only half the length. I liked the idea, but there just wasn't enough depth to the movie. It was too simple of a concept that could have been a great short, but even 90 minutes was too long.

=Tired Hiker=
Well, I thought it was a very good movie.

Dusty
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Well, I thought it was a very good movie. I also really like the movie. However, the last two minuets or so could have been fixed to something more fulfilling.

SnakeEyes
Caught this today. Could've been better imo (specifically the ending I guess). Reminded me a lot of Deer Hunter, for obvious reasons and also because I thought the lead looked like a cross between Robert DeNiro and James Franco. Anyway, this was an alright film, but I felt it was lacking something. I'm curious as to why they're remaking this, doesn't seem necessary; but hell, how many remakes are necessary?

TheSpade
I agree that it is a good film, really enjoyed it but I don't agree that it was predictable.

There are lots of good French films.

Indeed there are.

Unfortunately not these ones, IMO. Didn't enjoy either of them.

French films I do rate highly though include but are not limited to:

The Class
Angela-A
Cache / Hidden
Innocence.

All superb in fact.

MildPossession
Oh Innocence is fantastic! It's beautifully shot.

Also, If I read right, I can't believe someone with French blood is questioning if anything good came out of their culture... are you insane...

TheSpade
It is, not just beautifully shot but full of intrigue and very thought provoking too. It's an excellent film. Poses so many questions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.