DE Luke runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
He gets full rest, where does he stop?
1. Darth Maul
2. Count Dooku
3. ROTS Yoda
4. ROTJ Palpatine
5. Ulic Qel-Droma and Arca Jeth
6. AOTC Mace Windu and Depa Billaba
7. Darth Revan and Darth Malak
8. ROTS Anakin, Exar Kun (no amulet blast) and Vodo-Siosk Baas
9. Darth Bane (in his prime w/ Orbalisks), Kas'im and Sirak
10. He makes it (yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic) )

darthsith19
I say he starts to have real trouble at #4, but probably makes it past Palaptine due to superior saber skills (Force is close, I think). 5 might do him in, but if he can get rid of Arca quickly then he can take out Ulic, and 6 I think is probably where he stops (if he is still going). I definitely don't see him getting past 7. I'd say There's a 40% chance he stops at 6, a 20% chance at #7, a 15% chance at #5 and a 5% chance at #4.

Riverollv
I'm still undecisive about WHERE he goes down, but I'm pretty sure he makes the first 4.

darthsith19
Nobody else?

jollyjim311
Three or four, even with full rest.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Doubt he makes it past Maul.

IOU
i see no reason why hed be getting past yoda myself

vader11
He will die before 5.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Barley makes it by Maul and Dooku and gets pissed on by Yoda. Luke in DE WITHOUT the the aid of two other Skywalkers boosting him (and supposedly channeling the entire lightside) is not really all that special. Sidious completely owned him in their first duel. And theres nothing to suggest his skills without the before-mentioned boosters are even close to that of Yoda's.

jollyjim311
Do you see him beating Dooku, though?

Riverollv
Yes, I've thought about it and I can safely say he will not beat Yoda at any circumstances.

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Doubt he makes it past Maul.

no expression

Gideon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Luke capable of blocking AT-AT blasts with his bare hands and creating powerful illusions without assistance from Leia and Anakin?

Riverollv
Yes, you're right, Gideon. We know DE Luke is a very powerful Force user, one of the best, but in saber combat he hasn't shown us anything extraordinary.

Lightsnake
You mean besides surviving for three seconds against Emperor Palpatine, AKA "I mean faster than the eye can detect, and you can only follow me by detecting the aura of Dark Side power..." and winning, and his skills with a saber were noted as more formidable than his powers with the force...

Riverollv
If that's true, then he makes it far in this gauntlet

darthsith19
Originally posted by Lightsnake
You mean besides surviving for three seconds against Emperor Palpatine, AKA "I mean faster than the eye can detect, and you can only follow me by detecting the aura of Dark Side power..." and winning, and his skills with a saber were noted as more formidable than his powers with the force...
Just out of curiosity, when was it stated that his skills with a saber are more formidable than his powers with the Force?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by darthsith19
Just out of curiosity, when was it stated that his skills with a saber are more formidable than his powers with the Force?

Your guess is as good as mine. laughing laughing

kamhal
I think Luke could make it until 3 or 4, but after that.. Yoda or Sidious could probably beat him, i think.

LORDSIDIOUS01
He gets full rest, where does he stop?
1. Darth Maul
2. Count Dooku
3. ROTS Yoda
4. ROTJ Palpatine
5. Ulic Qel-Droma and Arca Jeth
6. AOTC Mace Windu and Depa Billaba
7. Darth Revan and Darth Malak
8. ROTS Anakin, Exar Kun (no amulet blast) and Vodo-Siosk Baas
9. Darth Bane (in his prime w/ Orbalisks), Kas'im and Sirak
10. He makes it (yeah right roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I don't see DE Luke going past Maul. However is he did, he could get to ROTS Yoda. That is a tough match. Honestly speaking Luke would have trouble surviving, he could though.

jollyjim311
DE Luke is a top tier character. As far as power goes, I'd put him around equal to Mace, or maybe even Yoda. If he makes it past three, though, he loses four after a helluva match.

He's like ROTS Anakin with a blade, but better control and much better force powers and showings.

Riverollv
If he's in the same level as RotS Anakin with a saber, then he makes it through Yoda and Sidious.

xxXAcStylesXxx
I've yet to see any proof that puts him on the level of Anakin who is arguably the best pure duelist in Star Wars.

Lightsnake

Early DE, I believe it says he's 'even more formidable with the Jedi Lightsaber'

vader11
Originally posted by xxXAcStylesXxx
I've yet to see any proof that puts him on the level of Anakin who is arguably the best pure duelist in Star Wars. DE Sidious & NJO Luke are better duelist than Anakin.

xxXAcStylesXxx
arguably the best pure duelist in Star Wars.

Spartan ll
He makes it.

He's pretty much more powerful than Yoda or ROTJ Sidious by DE. And the novel tapes do say that he was defeating the Clone Emperor all by himself, which indicates that he is far more powerful than any on that list, since the Clone Emperor is stated to be the most powerful Sith Lord who lived.

That and combined with the fact that he has learned both Light and Dark powers and is able to control them, makes him more than a match for any on that list.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Um no, he's not, the audio tapes do not out weight the comics and even so they say he was channeling the entire Lightside to do so, which is the only way that scene makes sense as he got his ass handed to him by Sidious a few hours earlier.

And Luke with his few years of training does not compare to someone like Yoda who has you know 700 years on him.

Gideon
Experience and length of training isn't the end all, AC. Luke was capable of blocking AT-AT blasts with his bare hands and he is adept at creating illusions capable of fooling his sister - a person equal to his Force connection and someone who knows him better than anyone else . Combining all the feats he performed in DE, he is certainly above Maul, Dooku, and depending on his alignment (dark side or light side DE Luke?) he's better than Mace. He'd give Yoda - at the very, very least - one hell of a fight.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Experience and length of training combined with being flat out stronger then Luke at that point ARE the end all.

Where in DE did he block blaster fire with his bare hands? I clearly saw him using his lightsaber.

Thats great, she's equal in force potential, but how much training does she have? A few weeks at best? Thats like saying TMP Anakin who has more force potential than either would be able to tell the difference between the illusions.

Didn't dispute that, but it wouldn't be a cake walk for him as you seem to imply.

Either alignment Mace is better, since I'm under the impression that Sidious isn't all that stronger then his previous incarnations as this forum makes him out to be, I believe he was always that strong he just lacked the knowledge of how to perform his leat powers (The Force Storm), He obviously could perform these amazing feats prior to DE with his mind whipping Coruscant, affecting the moral of every Jedi across the Galaxy, moving faster then Maul could see, and by AOTC already being called the "Most powerful Sith ever."

Everyone points to how he was slow draining Byss but wasn't he using this energy to sustain his body? Didn't he not en-mass drain the entire populace at once and seemed only to be taking what he needed to you know: Keep them alive. So he gains an unknown power up from that, other then that and his force storm all his traits and abilities are consistent of what we already know of Palaptine from TMP to ROTJ. Logically you'd think for a human he'd have reach his peak of power by his 60's. And the only thing he could further attain was more knowledge.

With that said Mace shit on Sidious, Luke with out help got pissed on with one flick of Sidious's blade, thus Mace > Luke, doubly if luke is trying to use the Dark Side. He'd outduel Luke Skywalker two ways to Sunday. The force is anther story.

Yoda would win comfortably, he'd have to exert more energy then he did against Dooku but he'd win nonetheless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.