Why is Lex evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amazon
Smallville has done an awesome job showing everyone how Lex became the way he is. From a sweet boy caught in a meteor shower to a brutal tyrant trying to take over the world with his unholy army of the night.

So why specifically do you think Lex is so evil?
Is it because of his evil father. Who for some reason has become the hero latley. (oooh he just pisses me off)
Or is it residual energy left over from Zod. Being that he did get much darker after his possesion by Zod.
Or is he simply a sociopath. That he was just born destined to become this tyrant, and he has been all along.
Or a combination of all three.

Personally I think it is a combination of Lionel and Zod. Even to this day Lionel is still a bastard when it comes to Lex. He doesn't admit for even a second that the way Lex is now is exactly the way Lionel raised him to be. Now that he's become Alexander the great Lionel is unhappy... STILL
But I also think that Zod had something to do with it. When Clark removed Zod I think that some left over energy was left behind mingling with Lex's own energy, creating a darker more powerhungry Lex. Either that or Lex remembers everything that Zod did, and liked it.

Kal875
Because his father never loved him the way a father should.

Darkchoco
OMG THAT IS SO COOL!!!

UR SIG KAL!!

Amazon
Lionel pisses me off. He raises Lex to be like Alexander the great. Ruthless, powerhunger, dominating and merciless. And now that Lex is everything Lionel raised him to be, he gets all judgemental and trys to take him down. Nothing is good enough for that old bastard. Why the hell doesn't he make up for his mistakes. Lex is the result of being raised by a tyrant.
Lionel is no hero or oracle... except in the way that he is connected to Jor-el. I bet if Lionel just took responsibility for his abuse, or awknowledged how cruel he's been that maybe Lex might ease up a bit on his sociopathic behavior.

And I agree with Darkchoco, your new sig is so cool Kal wink

Kal875
Originally posted by Darkchoco
OMG THAT IS SO COOL!!!

UR SIG KAL!! Originally posted by Amazon
Lionel pisses me off. He raises Lex to be like Alexander the great. Ruthless, powerhunger, dominating and merciless. And now that Lex is everything Lionel raised him to be, he gets all judgemental and trys to take him down. Nothing is good enough for that old bastard. Why the hell doesn't he make up for his mistakes. Lex is the result of being raised by a tyrant.
Lionel is no hero or oracle... except in the way that he is connected to Jor-el. I bet if Lionel just took responsibility for his abuse, or awknowledged how cruel he's been that maybe Lex might ease up a bit on his sociopathic behavior.

And I agree with Darkchoco, your new sig is so cool Kal wink
Thanks.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Amazon

*looks around cautiously*
i don't really belong here, but dad bought the series on dvd and now i think we're in season 2 or 3 or something.. i'm not sure, but i like it a lot.... *trails off*

I think you're right. I've observed in the series... especially that episode when chloe got that 'people-tell-her-the-truth-always' power thingy.. ?lavatos(is that the name of the project)? when Lex told her that he wants his father to love him... it doesn't look like Lionel really did love Lex. And so Lex strived to be the one that his dad wanted him to be.. to be him(his dad).

am i right or wrong in my observation? confused

Kal875
Wow, your in season 3, were in season 6. But you are correct. At 1st Lex wanted his dad to love him, and as far as I'm concerned he still does, just not to the extent that he used to. Now he's just hell bent on getting power.

fostagangsta
The only reason lex is so evil and its simple HE LIKES IT IN THE A.S.S FROM HIS DADDY WHO NEVER LOVED HIM TAHTS FOR U KAL

Kal875
WTF?

Amazon
confused1

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Kal875
Wow, your in season 3, were in season 6. But you are correct. At 1st Lex wanted his dad to love him, and as far as I'm concerned he still does, just not to the extent that he used to. Now he's just hell bent on getting power.

yeah.. happy i've just started watching the series... don't always usually watch it whenever dad watches it on the dvd.... but i kinda like it so i try to watch it whenever possible.. happy

anyway...
as it would seem, yes. Lionel still loves Lex, but not as much as he used to. He wanted his son to be like him, now that he's created that monster, he doesn't love him that much anymore... IMO, he's the main cause of all this.. if only Lex was brought up right.... Clark would have another nemesis.. happy

----
innocent question:
that fostagangsta guy is a troll, isn't he..? erm

Entity
Really I don't think any of it is this cut and dry. I mean I grew up knowing my father didn't give a *uck about me and I'm not some evil bastard. Or am I? shifty

Seriously thou you can't just pen why Lex is the way he is on any one thing. No one has stripped him of his free will and forced him to become the ass he is. I mean don't get me wrong I think all the things that've happen to Lex have been contributing factors in who he's become. Just as it is with everyone but nothing alone or even all combined definitively defines us. We are who we chose to be. We're not born this way, its not force upon us by those around us or even some unseen force.

We are who we are simply because some where down the line this is who we chose to be.
For whatever reasons and blame it on who we may but the denial changes nothing. At the end of the days we're the ones that decide everything we do, regardless of our reasons.

Kal875
Originally posted by Entity
Really I don't think any of it is this cut and dry. I mean I grew up knowing my father didn't give a *uck about me and I'm not some evil bastard. Or am I? shifty

Seriously thou you can't just pen why Lex is the way he is on any one thing. No one has stripped him of his free will and forced him to become the ass he is. I mean don't get me wrong I think all the things that've happen to Lex have been contributing factors in who he's become. Just as it is with everyone but nothing alone or even all combined definitively defines us. We are who we chose to be. We're not born this way, its not force upon us by those around us or even some unseen force.

We are who we are simply because some where down the line this is who we chose to be.
For whatever reasons and blame it on who we may but the denial changes nothing. At the end of the days we're the ones that decide everything we do, regardless of our reasons. Yeah but, Lionel also put's Lex through a lot of tests that may be part of the reason he is the way he is.

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

----
innocent question:
that fostagangsta guy is a troll, isn't he..? erm

He can be at times yes, but other times he actually comes on and discusses topics with us.

Amazon
I think Lionel stopped loving Lex the moment Julian died and he thought Lex did it. Then when Lex's mother died he got even more cold. I mean he stole christmas for christs sake.

I agree that he is responsible for his own actions. He can't blame anyone else for that. However he's only doing what he's been taught. He's never known any other way to deal with things, other than through deciet. He's been tought that he doesn't deserve love, or compassion and that to show mercy is a weakness. And when all of these cruel lessens are taught to you by the person who is supposed to love and protect you, is it any wonder that he turned out the way he did.

I agree, Lex has been trained to be this way.

So, not one person thinks that Zod has anything to do with Lex's current state? I really noticed a change in Lex right after all of that. I'm sure most of it has to do with fear, but Lex wasn't nearly so hell bent on world domination until after Zod possessed him.

rogy3131
Lex is sooo frustrating, but like he said to Clark : there is never a gray area with you Clark! lex does some good , but yeah most of the good things have some sort of selfish intent. However , I couldnt believe he came back to save Clark in nemesis. When lex ran away, I thought, now the fight is on, then BOOM, Lex is back with an act of total unselfishness. It was a good episode, and shows how complex Lex's character is.

chloeclover
I feel that Lex had and has the potential to be a nice person but everything seems to be working against him. Whether it be the pressure of being a "Luther," the money, or the people the criminals that constantly surround him I think that these are just a few factors that have molded Lex to become the evil Luther that he has become

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Amazon
Smallville has done an awesome job showing everyone how Lex became the way he is. From a sweet boy caught in a meteor shower to a brutal tyrant trying to take over the world with his unholy army of the night.

So why specifically do you think Lex is so evil?
Is it because of his evil father. Who for some reason has become the hero latley. (oooh he just pisses me off)
Or is it residual energy left over from Zod. Being that he did get much darker after his possesion by Zod.
Or is he simply a sociopath. That he was just born destined to become this tyrant, and he has been all along.
Or a combination of all three.

Personally I think it is a combination of Lionel and Zod. Even to this day Lionel is still a bastard when it comes to Lex. He doesn't admit for even a second that the way Lex is now is exactly the way Lionel raised him to be. Now that he's become Alexander the great Lionel is unhappy... STILL
But I also think that Zod had something to do with it. When Clark removed Zod I think that some left over energy was left behind mingling with Lex's own energy, creating a darker more powerhungry Lex. Either that or Lex remembers everything that Zod did, and liked it.

I think it's like a bit of both. I think Zod likely did have something to do with it. Rember that episode in season 4 when Lionel & Clark switched bodies? When they changed back, some of Clark's blood may have been left behind, which changed Lionel for the better. Lionel could now see the darkness of his evil ways from the past.

I think a similar thing could have happened when Zod had control over Lex's body, except it had the opposite effect, making him evil & Power hungry. Does anyone else think this could be partly the case?

Surtur
I disagree with most people, I don't blame Lionel or Zod for Lex turning evil. I think that is all on Lex. Make no mistake, it's no secret Lionel was a horrible father to Lex. However, when we first meet Lex in the first season..he is an adult by then(he was 21). He wasn't evil at the time, not even close to evil, despite having been raised by someone like Lionel.

I'm pointing this out because Lex's turn to evil happened during the course of the show. He was an adult by then, and while Lionel could still be cruel to him, at that point since he was an adult..he did NOT have to let that shape him into someone evil. No, Lex's turn to evil all started basically with his obsession with Clark. During the course of the series his own actions lead to that. So I don't blame Lionel because despite how someone was raised..I feel there comes a point where you have to take responsibility for your own actions.

Lionel was a bad father, but you know who wasn't? Johnathan Kent, and Lex saw this, he saw his relationship with Clark. He essentially saw how a father/son relationship should be.

One more thing, Clark being in Lionel's body did not alter his personality and turn him good. What happened was, for whatever reason, Clark being in his body cured a serious liver disease that Lionel was dying from. After finding he was completely healthy, he had a change of heart. I guess it's sort of equivalent to like a religious experience or something? To him, it was an unexplained miracle that gave him another chance at life, and he decided to eventually turn that life around(though he could still be a bastard).

This is why we also can't really say Zod being in Lex's body is what made him go darkside. Lex got Kryptonian powers for a bit before Zod possessed him, and he flat out admits to Clark that he is evil. So you only really have Lex to blame in the end.

C-3POTheClever
When watching season 4, it seems like a turning point was when Lex got obsessed over those 3 stones, & his greed seemed to take him over. I wouldn't say he was at his worst at that point, but I'd say it was that was the start to his path to the dark-side. If you remember, when Lonel was in a comer, Lex even says, "Dad... If you're in there, you did create the son you always wanted." Does anyone see what I mean there? Does anyone agree?

big juggy man
I don't which series you people watched. Lionel Luther treated Lex great until he though Lex killed Julian. Once Lex told Lional that his mom was the one who killed Julian, Lionel tried to be nicer to Lex. Lex didn't accepted it. Lex always wanted power. He was always sneaky. He was evil because he always was. He was nice to Clark at first because he wanted what Clark had.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.