How did you like Part 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jacky Sparrow

To Freedom
Something happened along the way - scripts were changed, scenes were definitely re-shot. Lots of scenes that we saw in trailers and clips, especially Sparrabeth ones, got cut out, except the very last scene, after DJ's heart was stabbed. SPOILER:

Parachute scene between Jack and Liz was the only sparrabethy scene which hints of Jack's love for Liz. Almost like a scene out of the old Superman movies (think Lois and Clark flying in the air - I cried.)

ADarksideJedi
Had not seen it yet.Comment tomorrow after I see it!jm

Tramps Lady
LOVED IT!!!!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by To Freedom
Something happened along the way - scripts were changed, scenes were definitely re-shot. Lots of scenes that we saw in trailers and clips, especially Sparrabeth ones, got cut out, except the very last scene, after DJ's heart was stabbed. SPOILER:

Parachute scene between Jack and Liz was the only sparrabethy scene which hints of Jack's love for Liz. Almost like a scene out of the old Superman movies (think Lois and Clark flying in the air - I cried.)

now thats interesting! in the green script..he expresses his feelings for her a WHOLE lot earlier than that. right at the start in purgatory he basically expresses his feelings for her..then uts confirmed when beckett runs into them on the beach (if that scene is still in there)

theres a LOT of fishy things going on here when it comes to all the J/E stuff cut out and changed. ESPECIALLY the last scene after the credits.

lovethemtigers
^^^ wow, lovelyone...you're here....

well, SPOILERS...HERE is a review of the movie:

Saw a spanking digital print of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End last night and I came away puzzled, confused and disappointed. The entire franchise, which was heading for the rocks with middle sequel Dead Man's Chest, has finally sunk to the bottom with this third installment.

Firstly, the plot. Well, I'm not entirely sure there was one amongst the crosses, double crosses and triple crosses that pretty much every character inflicts on every other character. Add in occult mystics, a goddess of the sea, a love struck villain (aha motivation! - oh no, it's another double cross), pirate councils, nine pieces of eight (huh?), hundreds of crabs, four lead ships, three separate crews, a wedding, several battles/swordfights and you can't complain that Pirates 3 doesn't offer lot for your entry fee. It's just a shame that it doesn't make any actual sense.

The trouble is that every now and again, almost hidden beneath tons of turgid exposition dialogue, bizarre hallucination sequences, and loud, confusing action, lie some real gems of comedy - mostly involving Depp and Kevin McNally. Keith Richards is also excellent, though his scenes are much less fun than they should have been. Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa is still a fun character and the two pirates Mackenzie Crook and Lee Arenberg have much more to do than in the second movie and are a good watch. In virtually every scene is Knightley, who does a good job of developing Elizabeth Swann and actually acts a couple of times, but basically spends her time looking extremely pretty.

However Chow Yun Fat, Orlando Bloom and Tom Hollander are bland, dull characters who are paper thin. Biggest crime of the two sequels is the treatment of Jack Davenport's character Norrington, who could have been interesting to watch develop, but was abandoned in favour of Hollander's.

Ultimately the characters, the plot, the script and the fun are all overwhelmed by the (admittedly fantastic) CGI. Though Depp pretty much saves every scene he's in, he can't save the full three hours. Pirates 3 has its moments, and at times is really great fun, but it is too long, too confusing, and too dull to be really worth the price of admission - though I suppose a feeling of being robbed could add to the pirate experience.

Shame.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449088/

lovethemtigers
However Chow Yun Fat, Orlando Bloom and Tom Hollander are bland, dull characters who are paper thin. Biggest crime of the two sequels is the treatment of Jack Davenport's character Norrington, who could have been interesting to watch develop, but was abandoned in favour of Hollander's.

this is the truest comment of all.....I hate what became of Norrington..i so enjoyed the interactions between him and jack....oh well....

LovelyOne
who did Tom Hollander play?

Ditte3
Beckett

lizi
it was brill,
jack nd liz didnt get 2 gether??? sad
waz anoyed that ending wasn't showed after credits??!! mad

reine_mk
it was amaaaaaazing ,i m still getting used to that wonderful feeling when i realised taht this is probably the best of 3 films!! well maybe as good as the first one actually (first one has a special place in my heart)

I didn't like the fact that Will and Liz couldn't be fully happy,even though they are married and tied forever, and I did like the ending- Jack going to sunset alone smile))) acting is great, Keith' s performance is so brill ,

movie is AMAZING I WILL DEFINETLY GO TO SEE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN ....... LOVE IT smile))
P.S. LOVE CAPATAIN SWANN smile AND I'M SORRY FOR POOR NORRYsad

K1ll3r
It was a very awesome movie, Jack beat them all in the end even though he only had his dinghy and a map.

Shadow0fabandit
The ending was shown after credits. I seriously hate Disney for what they did to Will. That was just bullshit on their behalf.

kiddo44
Great Movie, Jack Sparrow is the Man. And i loved the ending.

thesithlord3
i think the calypso thing and the lockar were ****ed up, but other than great, GREAT MOVIE

JacksSweet

Sifzensinril
exactly, that's all, that's the grand development of infamous captain Jack Sparrow, again from begining, with new flag and without single drop of rum, and with compass, which doesn't work. it was worst than CotBP, it was the Whelp's movie, entire triology was whelp movie... so Disney moral is: If you are whelp and hate pirates, you will have everything.

this movie sucks, there is no rum in it, just the Whelp and Whelp and Whelp, it's just made for fangirls who want Jack for themselves. this movie broke my heart, but I'm still Sparrabeth fan. Sparrabeth is good strong ship and she will stand it, after all, crew of Sparrabeth is united, because we are on Sparrabeth for same reason, not like Willabethers

jdl1224
why hello, hello everyone! i haven't been on here in FOREVER. today was my last day of school though- which means i'm going to be absotluley obsessed with talking about this movie just like i was last summer with DMC! but alright. here's what i have to say! big grin!

-first off. because of this website, i was not at all suprised with how everything played out. i distinctly remember LovelyOne saying "will is going to end up cutting his heart out and being the captain of the flying dutchman for his father" and as soon as it happened i thought of that. so nice going Lovley. :]

-i totally called tia dalma would turn out bad! haha. but i guess in a way she didn't. she didn't destory everyone like she told davy she was going to. so that was good, i guess.

-so many people died!! :, sao fang, then norrington, then tia dalma , then davy jones, then WILL. . i was so sad throughout all of this! bah!!

-i am a HUGE j/e fan- HUGE. but i'll admit, i'm actually not too mad about will and elizabeth being together. i was rooting for jack the whole movie- until will's death scene when you hear elizabeths SCREAM and hurt. :

-i thought i was in heaven when there were like, oh, 20 jack sparrows! my sister leaned over to me in the theater and goes, "can i live there?" haha. i thought it was funny. johnny depp is so talented. :]

alright. i guess that's it FOR NOW. you better believe i'll be on here for a while, and for oh, the rest of the summer! but i do have a question, have they confirmed its just a trilogy? no chance of there being a 4th?

bah. i love these movies! as much as i was dissapointed in this movie with the whole jack/liz thing NOT developing, it was an amazing film. i'm a graphic-designer in training and the work on this is just incredible. they really outdid any other movie that has even attempted this before- they blew everyone out of the water! i think the plot could of been better, but the film quality its self... i'm just in awe.

Tramps Lady
my poor norrie...my poor beloved jack!!!

Tramps Lady
no idea....BUT I LOVED IT !!! I MISS NORRY!!!! but im glad jack was sooo noble with will, how he made him stab the heart so he would live to be with liz once every10 years.

When Bootstrap stabed Norrie, i shot up and ran to the screen and p***ed the hell outta people, and i did the same with Will coz i didnt want it to happen, so i tried and believed it wouldnt lol

ivebeendepped43
*sigh* 50 Jacks.....more than heaven.

ivebeendepped43
i died and went to Davy Jones Locker with shirtless JAcks. thats what i thought of it.

Legendary Thor
i wont read anything oyu say so i woudent spoil it for myself but im going to see it today.

IheartPocky
im still.. thinking about. undecided. i dont like how they sorta dropped the whole sparrabeth thing. at least give it some closure i mean come on... my brother agreed with me about how they just sorta dropped it. i really didn't like the whole clypso scene. it was kinda stupid. the people behind me even said "this is stupid"

IheartPocky
HOLY CRAP

i just remembered the part when lizzie and jack swung on the rope after will got stabbed. that was awesome. i love jack. such a good man.

AND I TELL YOU!! I WAS RIGHT!!! DAVY JONES DID SNAP JACK'S SWORD IN HALF!!!! DID I TELL YOU??? DID I TELL YOU??????? I DID.

ahem... so.. im still unsure about the whole thing. ill decide when i watch it again mwhahah

Kenny16
I enjoyed the films in the most. I thought the Two Jacks appearing on Jack's shoulders was a step too far. I can't believe that people are still whinging. I told you from when I join, Sparrabeth was never going to happen. Jacksweet, cry me a river, just because Jack didn't get the girl? He was never going to get the girl. Jack Sparrow was never the focus on the POTC films, it was always Beth and Will.

Great end to the trilogy, wide open for a fourth in a few years time.

Now, where did I put it? A-ha!!

fridayN
POTC3 was premiered in Russia yesterday. First of all, I'd like to tell a couple of words about its translation. It was terrible, even worse than in the official trailer, and also they changed the voices of Jack and Tia (the last one completely lost her accent). sad

But the movie as it is was brilliant, exellent, almost perfect. I said "almost" only because is was toooooo predictible!!!
Not just because of the 56 pages of movie script we read long before the premiere. The thing, the cause, is that so-calling "rules of genre".
Is there anyone who did really think that Jack & Liz or Norri & Liz could be together in the final of the trilogy? Come on... =))) We just hoped. And finally some of us got even more than we were hoping for.
What was good:
- Visual effects and the new colours of the movie. It was well notisable since the opening scene.
- Music. Better than in the DMC.
- Direction. Gore Verbinski made the impossible thing: the 3rd part of the movie is much better than prequels.
- All the actors did the best they can. NOW I BELIEVE! )))
Fav movie moments:
- Liz & Norrington. Their meeting, their kiss, their last sincere words, his tragic death, her "James, no!". ;.-(
- Liz and her father in the boat.
- The scene with raising pirate flags.
- Beckett's death. The thing that no one expected to see: he died like a HERO. The captain's gone with his ship. (((
What was bad:
- The story of Callipso. Half of the movie they told us that Callipso is Elizabeth. Everybody believes this, including her, but... Here she is, - Tia Dalma... Why?
- The contrast of comic and tragic scenes changing each other too fast all along the movie.

Nevertheless, POTC3 is really GREAT movie! thumb up

AudioHeart
Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 was AWESOME, AMAZING, THE BEST MOVIE EVER AND THE BEST ENDING TO THE BEST TRILOGY, even though it was't Sparabeth

It was funnier, darker and just in general...better!!, I could watch this movie (as well as the other two) everyday for the rest of my life lol!!!

Simply Loved it!!! big grin big grin happy love love

k-a-rin!
The monkey should win an oscar!

taliakai
i liked the movie alot, but if it were up to me i would have changed the ending. i would of had bootstrap jump infront of will when he gets stabed and then bootstrap will be captin, will and elizabeth get to go off to smoochy smoochy land( P.S. that part at the end is kinda inapropriet but whatever) and jack goes off to try and steal all the rum in the world!but i did like the fact that norington and lizzys dad died. never liked them much. evil face

Jacky Sparrow
well guys, I was sooooo disappointed and angry, I couldn't believe it. And the end was soooo kitschy sick

kiwibird
SPOILERS

Forget about shipping, I felt the entire movie was one huge disappointment.

1, It was 3 flippin hours, yet I didn't get enough time to laugh or cry. One moment Will gets stabbed *sniff* and the next something funny happens...

2, I think I would have been satisfied if the fountain of youth thing was introduced sooner rather than thirty seconds before the conclusion of the movie. There was no mention of any fountain of youth and it sort of leaves you with a wtf? And to be quite honest, they shouldn't have bothered with giving Jack an ending, seeing as they had already destroyed the character we fell in love with.

3, Jack! There was absolutely no character development. Halfway through the movie it became apparent that he was there to deliver a comical line, when things got too bore...erm "dark and serious."

4,I was on the edge of my seat during the sword fights in DMC. They were unique and fun. But in AWE there were ever so tiresome... No cool moves, giant wheels just fighting... etc And there were like twenty!

5, Jack and Will. Forget Jack and Liz, there was not closure to Jack and William's relationship. Dude you could of at least thanked Jack for saving your life...

6, Calypso sorta...well disappeared...One moment she was like in your face and then she turns into crabs and there is no mention of her again.

7, Beckett and Jones. I LOVED them in DMC, but the whole feel sorry for Jones it's not his fault he's hard and bitter got sooo annoying, and Beckett was just sitting there, explaining what was going on, and confusing everyone.

I tried really hard to like this movie...But hey Babossa is back...

PirateDiva
*major Spoilers*

I Honestly have to say I LOVED THE MOVIE!!! yes the ending broke my heart a little because it wasnt Sparrabeth.....but it WAS STILL AN AMAZING MOVIE!!! I Laughed so hard it was Hilarious....and i agree Jack the Monkey was adorable Definately a show stealer...lol!

lol.....and i guess we did see Dominic Scott Kay in the Movie....lol....also adorable!! smile

I Loved Jack being Crazy!!! Loved the Jack in Davys Locker scene! Loved it!!!

and Guess what ladies WE GOT NIPPED!!!! woo0o0o0o0o!! lol

Oh Man I was in awe from the Minute the movie started to the minute the movie ended and im still in awe!!!

Ya the Calypso scene was to "Gulliver Travels" for me....i would have preffered to see her become into a beautiful mystic godess or something.

I Loved How Will and Liz got married....I Have to Admitt it was HOTT!! Cant believe Disney had that moment between Will and Liz...lol!!! though i couldnt help but imagine that be Jack and Liz!!

I seriously have to say that I absolutely cried when Will got stabbed....and the look on Jacks face was heart wretching!!

Loved the It would have never worked out between us, keep telling urself that darling scene....with Liz trying to kiss him and he said I Think once is enough!! lmao....although i was sad at the same time!!!

The Music was amazing....and they did not lie when they said this Movie was bigger and better!!! smile I Loved it Hands down!!

Major opportunity for a fourth....but i doubt they'd include Liz and Will for it seeing as though they sort of already set their course and Liz having a kid and all waiting for Will every 10 years...we know their destinys!!

ahhhhhhh....But most of all im sad because its over....a Pirates 4 wouldnt be the same with out everyone.

Jacky Sparrow
well, no! in my opinion it was disappointing.
1)Where were all the funny sentences of Jack? I mean the crazy speaking, the typical Jack?? I'm missing it.
2)And sometimes I think they haven't produced/created the right mood. When Liz and Will didn't speak. Fine, but no one gets the feeling that they're disappointed or angry or whatever.

Okay, the rest was funny, but it was only because of the jokes from the films before. Nothing new.

PirateDiva
Did we watch the same movie because the At Worlds End i just saw was HILARIOUS!!! Had the whole theater laughing!!!

Jacky Sparrow
yeah, laughing. But not the right laughing. I mean the entertainment was good, but the right humor was a bit missing. Well, and I saw it in german, so it depends on the translation, ya know? It's not always the best.

PirateDiva
Oh Man guys watching the movie was a real treat today!!!

I watched the movie at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood....and i can Honestly tell u there is no other experiance like watching it at the El Capitan!!!

They raffled things, they had the actual costumes worn by Geoffry, Keira, Johnny, Orlando, Chow Yun Fat and Even the Monkey!! lol...they had props from the Movie too.

PPl were dressed up....there were Guys on Stilts and yes we even had surprise cast members introduce the movie....Marty Keblah and Reggie Lee ( Marty and Tai Huang in the Movie) and the Parrot... as well as Ted and Terry (yes they were there!!)

They gave us VIP badges.....and a Pirate Folder with Goodies inside!!!

and Right before the Movie they had a 2 minute Spectacular light show with Music from Pirates and shot Aztec Gold Confetti into the Crowd!!!

Serioulsy u have not watch At Worlds End until u watch it at the El Capitan Theater.....I couldnt have had a better TIME!! It was amazing and the crowd simply LOVED IT!!! I took Pics I'll post Later!!

Made Me Love the Movie that Much More!!! smile

allofyousuckkk
I actually liked the movie. The double and triple crosses are what made it as good as it was. It showed how the characters developed in a way unlike regular disney movies in which they are out to save themselves and not everyone. However, the hallucinations and the ending( very very ending) were really boring and could have been changed or deleted completely. (as well as the giant tia dalma, wtf?)

SammySparrow
I really liked it....'cept for a few scenes.....those where REALLY sad....but I LOVED the crab!!!! That was so funny!! 'Being followed be a rock'

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by Kenny16
I enjoyed the films in the most. I thought the Two Jacks appearing on Jack's shoulders was a step too far. I can't believe that people are still whinging. I told you from when I join, Sparrabeth was never going to happen. Jacksweet, cry me a river, just because Jack didn't get the girl? He was never going to get the girl. Jack Sparrow was never the focus on the POTC films, it was always Beth and Will.

Great end to the trilogy, wide open for a fourth in a few years time.

Now, where did I put it? A-ha!!

na...if it was all about will and liz then that's how disney would have promoted it...this trilogy was about jack sparrow and how a selfish pirate can meet to young people and look beyond his wants and needs and sacrifice eveything he's ever wanted for the good of others....Jack Sparrow is the true hero.....

as i told you on another thread....by all means, play your tamborine...but I still beleive that Jack and Elizabeth were meant to be...and i'll bet they'll be some great deleted scenes on the DVD and i'm praying and hoping for an alternative ending.... wink but if not, i'm okay with that...Johnny rocks as Jack Sparrow

calypso
I liked it actually, but there are some exceptions to everything and the one thing I did not like was that Jack was portrayed as being intimidated or borderline coward after being rescued. Like he couldn't even command his ship when Barbossa was around. Maybe not that but like a little boy who couldn't get it together. I don't know, it is so hard to explain. Maybe he played it too much like a dufuss, which to me was not the confident Jack we met sailing into Port Royal in a drowning dingy.

Basicly I think that Elizabeth knew at the moment Jack voted to make her Pirate King how much he loved her and she didn't want to address that issue because she loved Will so much. She tried in a Jack-way to make amends at the end when she started to kiss Jack good-bye and he crossed his arms and said something about once was enough for him.She also told him it would never have worked between them and that was the Lizzy version of what Jack said to her at Fort Royal before he fell over the parapet in COTBP. I felt that her look at him in that moment said "another place another time Jack it would be you and me."

I have tickets for tonight, too so, I guess I will try to either re-evaluate my opinion or develope some new ones.

My first reaction was I really liked it. If I were not such a Sparrabether then I might have liked it even better. There was clapping and chearing at the end in the theatre and those ppl probably don't ship either way.
I feel like Norrington's death was unnecessary. They could have used him for another plot twist or betrayal rather than kill him off. And the last scene w/him and Lizzy was too campy.
The last scene before the credits with Will and Lizzy saying goodbye was just incredible. As he was leaving and trying to put on a boot he said he needed his other one too and the camera pans to Lizzy's leg with the boot on it and then Will takes the boot off and caresses her leg very lovingly. There left no doubt for me whose child was with Lizzy in the final shot.

I think the thing I am having trouble with is that there were 3 movies and it just doesn't work for me with Jack's feelings in mind, but last night when I got home, I realized that if you look at 2 and 3 as basicly one film then it is easier to see the progression of W/L rather than J/L.

DMC stopped in the middle of the progression with the intents of making us dangle for a J/E ending, like stopping in the middle of a scene. But, if you were to see them together, then you would realize there never was a J/L ending in the making. I guess when I realized that is when I finally cried myself to sleep last night. Talk about Pirates. This whole trilogy just pirated my time, feelings and emotions.

IMHO if you can put J/L totally aside, then it may be one of the most incredable movies you will ever see in your lifetime because the plots, twists, scenes, dialogue, actors, characters and Johnny Depp are the best. That's what I am going to do tonight.

Maybe it will work this time.

Ditte3
thanks Calypso.I go and watch it soon.

lady_captinjack
ok so there are prolly about a million of these already but, tell me you all saw pirates last night!! was it not amazing! how many time did you get turned on because of the hotness of the guys??? ok and elizabeth, she had kissed how many guys now?? jack, will, norrington.....ok and how hot was will at the end? OMG! ok so tell me what you guys all thought and any pros and cons you want to bring up...and oh, btw the critics hated it...(they must be on drugs or something)...anyways, let me know!

Leggy_n_Merry
I haven't been on this forum in ages, mostly because I was afraid of finding out spoilers to the film, but also because I've been busy with revision, but as I have now seen it I have returned!

I really did enjoy the film. I thought it was far better than the second, and I did really like that one (but not as much as the first). I also didn't think this one was as good as the first but that one is entirely different to the second two and any one they made would never beat it.

I really wasn't expecting the ending which was obviously a good thing. It's a really sad thought knowing they're not properly together sad I know many of you won't feel the same as me on that one but as you might remember (well you probably don't) I was always for Will and Elizabeth. As someone mentioned, the scene where he caresses her leg is so beautiful. It made it so sad when he had to leave and then she runs over to kiss him. Awww I'm gonna cry now haha. I really liked their marriage scene too.

I agree with the Norrington thing also. He wasn't in it very long at all, he didn't really do anything except save them. He just became good again all of a sudden and then he was killed. It was still sad that he died though 'cause I love Norrington sad I did want him to become good (sorry for the use of word I don't really know what else to say) though so I'm glad that happened.

I liked Beckett's death scene, did anyone else think the same?

Oh and I also like the fact it ended the same as the first one. I love the references that they put it in from the first film. There was still a load about rum in this one aswell which I suppose does get a bit tiring but things like that don't really bother me.

The battle at the end was a great way to end it I think. I can't really remember any specfic parts that I loved at the moment but when I see it again I might come back on here to comment on them. It was all amazing anyway.

I can't wait to see it again. I'll be seeing it at least two more times as one of my friends couldn't go yesterday and I'll be seeing it with my mum too. Yay!

lovejohnny
The movie was awesome! I want to go see it again. I am unhappy that I didn't get to see what was shown after the credits its killing me!!

SarahB
i havent seen it yet..but im plannin to!!!! smilesmilebig grinbig grin

ladygrim
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
i died and went to Davy Jones Locker with shirtless JAcks. thats what i thought of it. i know i was like big grin

Council#13
I thought that the movie was a little bit slow to start off with, but it picked up speed half-way in. You know, when Jack came into it. A lot of the stuff was really confusing at the beginning but all of it was eventually explained.... to an extent. I think that the movie was a bit of a disappointment, but it was better than the second POTC, but no where near as good as the first.

calypso
I would rather have seen Norrington in a plot twist in which he killed, well wtf I just forgot his name, anyway the dude who killed Gov Swann, you know Becketts lacky. Anyway, I think in the scene where Norrington dies, he should have been discovered helping Lizzy by what's his name and then Norrington kills him. It would have added more to his credibility of being the upright good man he always was and would reaffirm the line Gov Swann spoke at the end of COTBP in which he asked Norrington "to pursue them is an act of piracy?" Why did they have Bootstrap kill him, I can't get that? That just doesn't work for me. Then it would have been a race between Norrington and Jack to see who killed Beckett first. Norrinton's reasoning would be not only for revenge for killing Gov Swann, but for disgracing the crowns representation in the Caribbean through EITC. If there is a POTC4, there is no feared pirate hunter to look for Jack. The fourth with probably only be Pentel, Regetti, the monkey, the parrott and no Jack anyway.

Who rescued the Poochie? When did he start carrying the keys to the Pirate Codex book?

I still didn't get if Bootstraps curse was lifted with Will's death, then how could Bootstrap go under water for long periods again without drowning?

I thought DJ cut him heart out because of the pain for loving Tia Dalma not because he was the Captain of the Flying Dutchman. So why did Bootstrap cut out Will's heart. That left me going ?????

Ok, so someone tell me what I missed. And is the monkey still undead?

To Freedom
Originally posted by calypso

Precisely the point about AWE. Too many loopholes in the plot. Not as well-written and tight like CoTBP.

The Jack/Liz/Will story arc was crap. What triangle? As for seeing DMC and AWE together to see that Will/Liz IS the couple - that's bullshit 'cos I can see Sparrabeth since CotBP! Jack/Liz feelings and emotions were totally cut out like DJ's heart! Hardly any moments or decent conversation between them at all unlike CotBP and DMC and so unlike the junior novel too and some people say even the script! Why?????

Tia Dalma/Calypso thing - anticlimax! Why a giant Tia Dalma and then nothing? But I like the chemistry between her and Davy Jones when they met in the Pearl's brig.

The best part of show: Parachute scene with Jack/Liz - unspoken but so much meaning and chemistry!!!!!!!!!!

Big battle was fun but too much CGI. Loved Jack and Davy Jones' fighting.

Unnecessary part of the show: Will and Liz in beach after sex scene. They already married on the Pearl - what more does Disney want to shove down our throats?

Leggy_n_Merry
I'm pretty sure the monkey is still undead seeing as he didn't die when he was put in the cannon. Haha I was laughing my head off at that bit. Plus there'd be no reason why he wasn't still undead.

Didn't Will's heart had to be cut out because whoever stabbed the heart had to become the captain of the Flying Dutchman which must mean his heart had to be cut out.. for some reason. I might be wrong 'cause I'm not entirely sure, I'll feel stupid if I am but nevermind haha. But yeah Davy Jones did cut his heart out because he loved Tia Dalma so hmm. Someone else will have to explain.

Leggy_n_Merry
I thought DJ cut him heart out because of the pain for loving Tia Dalma not because he was the Captain of the Flying Dutchman. So why did Bootstrap cut out Will's heart. That left me going ?????

Didn't Will's heart had to be cut out because whoever stabbed the heart had to become the captain of the Flying Dutchman which must mean his heart had to be cut out.. for some reason. I might be wrong 'cause I'm not entirely sure, I'll feel stupid if I am but nevermind haha. But yeah Davy Jones did cut his heart out because he loved Tia Dalma so hmm. Someone else will have to explain 'cause I don't really know..

And is the monkey still undead?

I'm pretty sure the monkey is still undead seeing as he didn't die when he was put in the cannon. Haha I was laughing my head off at that bit. Plus there'd be no reason why he wasn't still undead.

Edit: Oh crap sorry people I didn't realise I hadn't edited the other post to be this one so now there are two.. I didn't mean to sorry.

And sorry I forgot to put spoiler things on 'cause I assumed people would know there would be spoilers sad Oh no I feel bad now.

jdl1224
hahaha ivebeendepped43. it was a glorious sight!! haha. trampslady, did you actually run up to the screen!? that's amazing!! haha.

has anyone heard about a 4th supposedly johnnys all for it but keira says she's done. idk about orlando. but i haven't heard it from either of their mouths, just heard about it. and supposedly jerry is done too? but he's the producer- not the director. so the show could still go on, right? but. AH! the more i think about it, the more i like it! everyone says it was a cliffhanger but i don't really think it was.

Surreal_44
Calypso:

The CORRUPTION of DJ has been lifted...the 'curse' technically hasn't. All the pirates are still dead, technically. They can either serve with Will on the Dutchman or move on.

Also, I don't think that Will is taking the Dutchman underwater so much as he is moving into a 'between' place to ferry souls.

I agree about Norrington. He had such an interesting character arc, and they really rushed through it. I think they could have done a lot more with him if they had bothered to cut back some of the battle sequences and some of Barbossa's scenes (while Barbossa is entertaining, I felt like he had almost too much screen time).

As for Will's heart, Davy Jones put his own curse upon the Dutchman, so that whoever became the next captain had to have their heart cut out. Bootstrap cut Will's heart out not just because the Dutchman needed a heart, but also because Will was dead and in a weird way, losing his heart was the only way to save his life.

Try wrapping your head around that once!

I know Sparrabethers will hate me for saying this, but I think that there was plenty of J/E interaction, and it was done well. Yes, he had some feelings for Liz after she kissed him and chained him up, but then look at all the horrible suffering he went through after he went to the Locker.

I don't blame Jack for wanting to keep his distance. If he'd been all lovey on her, I would have thought it was weird. Also, since Elizabeth was never in love with Jack, it made sense to not have her be hanging all over him.

I do think that one more scene with Will, Liz and Jack altogether would have been nice, but the image burned into my mind when I think of them right now is of Liz and Jack kneeling above Will as he's dying, Liz holding Will's head, Jack forcing Will's limp fingers to grip the knife...

What an incredible moment!!!

calypso
Yea, that scene was done very well. We saw Jack in front of Will and then Davy stab Will and immediately Jack responded to save Will because Lizzy loved Will so much just the expression on her face told it all. It was real eerie to see DJ and his crew turn back to human form.

akanai
I don't really care if this topic was here or not. The movie was great, but this ending with Will and Liz... and this kid... >< and Jack in the movie... why he was only SOMETIMES in this movie?!?!?!?! Why he was left in the end... For what point all people connected to this film made all this Sparrabeth stuff in DMC? (I know they're also Willabeth fans, I know, don't bother) Why? Oh, don't say I'm annoying. Everybody are alone now in this movie. Will's alone (okay, well, with FATHER), Elizabeth is far away from her (khy khy khy) dearly (khy, she kissed Jack passionately!) beloved and she is WAITING (10 years, and she didn't even get older!) with their child made once upon a time on the beach and Jack, alone, without Pearl... (btw - good point for them to make another movie, this stuff with map... but what kind of movie? story of this kid?!). And Jack - he made Elizabeth the king, he felt something for her, she fall for him (see DMC, see!), and now? she didn't even see Jack, she hasn't met him for all this time! She REALLY didn't like him?!?!?! Write here what you think. The special effects in movie were awesome. Places were beautiful... but... why I have to have BUT this BUT?! (but why is the rum gone?!?!?! XD)

eh, you can wisit my site www.awe.glt.pl if you want to, you can write there what you think also.

Jack, you're youppieyaay! ;___; you're still the one ;___;

akanai
Movie was awful in my opinion!
Jack was like a character of secondary importance....
Moreover Sparrabeth was totally killed...
I'm so sad... When I had backed home I started to cry... T____T
I'm totally depressed... Oh....

Sifzensinril
we must calm down..
but my heart is broken now, I can't see the movie again till I'll calm down

IheartPocky
im hoping my feeling of indecisiveness and blahness will go away when i see it again..

Surreal_44
Calypso: Jack responded to Will's death for Will's sake. He likes Will, respects him in his own way. He looked as if his own heart had been ripped out when Will was stabbed. I'm sure he did help Will because he wanted Liz to be happy too, of course. big grin

It's a great scene. big grin

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Calypso: Jack responded to Will's death for Will's sake. He likes Will, respects him in his own way. He looked as if his own heart had been ripped out when Will was stabbed. I'm sure he did help Will because he wanted Liz to be happy too, of course. big grin

It's a great scene. big grin

Will is dead?

cry

Bwa Ha Ha
K. Let me get this straight.

How many people die, and who are they?

Surreal_44
Have you seen the film? If not...go see it!!!!!

But in a sense...yes, Will died. It was an incredible scene. Unbelievable in so many ways, shocking...

There was a great audience response to it.

Surreal_44
For how many people die...lots. big grin If you mean main characters:

1. Swann
2. Sao Feng
3. Gov. Swann
4. Norrington
5. Mercer
6. Davy Jones
7. Will Turner
8. Beckett

There are lots of other deaths though. Several hundred EITC crew members, lots of Chinese Pirates, anyone associated with Pirates in the beginning of the film, including a cute-as-a-button little boy who sings the song to summon the Bretheren Court.

Lots of death, lots of destruction.

Will becomes Captain of the Dutchman though...Bootstrap saves him by cutting out his heart (weird, huh?). The good news is, Elizabeth breaks Will's curse in ten years, so Will is free from the Dutchman and can spend time with Elizabeth and his family now.

sailorleo
EVERY ONE LIZ KISSES DIES AT SOME POINT IN THIS SERIES!!!!! I'm changing her name to the black widow....

Arachnid1
Have you seen the film? If not...go see it!!!!!

But in a sense...yes, Will died. It was an incredible scene. Unbelievable in so many ways, shocking...

There was a great audience response to it.

You cant have a pirates 4 without Will...

God, I hope he comes back in number 4 if their is one...

sad

IheartPocky
Beckett's death scene was so incredibly awesome.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by IheartPocky
Beckett's death scene was so incredibly awesome.

Sooo who killed him? Actually, I don't want it spoiled. Nvrmnd

IheartPocky
Well. Okay then haha. no one person actually kills him

Arachnid1
Well. Okay then haha. no one person actually kills him

Dammit. I read the spoiler. I cant keep away from spoilers even with a spoiler tag...

So, I guess that means he is killed by multiple people? He never really did anything bad in previous movies. So who takes over? Norrington is dead. Beckett is dead. Next your going to tell me Jack Sparrow will become commander. big grin

big grin

IheartPocky
i'm not gonna say much, because I have the same problem as you and I was spoiled soooo much.. but here's a little something for you to think about hehe captain goes down with the ship concerning beckett that is. So that tells you everything and nothing at the same time! smile eek!

Arachnid1
i'm not gonna say much, because I have the same problem as you and I was spoiled soooo much.. but here's a little something for you to think about hehe captain goes down with the ship concerning beckett that is. So that tells you everything and nothing at the same time! smile eek!

Alright then. Thanks. Happy Dance

Bwa Ha Ha
Hey, when you listed "1. Swann" did you mean Liz?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by akanai
Movie was awful in my opinion!
Jack was like a character of secondary importance....
Moreover Sparrabeth was totally killed...
I'm so sad... When I had backed home I started to cry... T____T
I'm totally depressed... Oh.... Originally posted by Sifzensinril
we must calm down..
but my heart is broken now, I can't see the movie again till I'll calm down

L laughing out loud L Z!

"Sparrabeth"?

laughing -BWAHAHAHA!

stupid fangirls.

That's what you get for wanting Elizabeth to be a whore and leave the good clean young man who loves her and she loves back.

I hope you grow up to marry the "bad boy" and he beats you, has a beer, and cheats on you.

JacksSweet

*jcd*gmc*
I saw Pirates 3 last night and you guys were all right!

About Calypso being Tia, and Calypso and Davey Jones having a relationship with the whole necklace thing, and I was so amazed when everything came into play. Also I'd just like to say I was excited to see parts that I read about in the early copy of the script--that was pretty cool. The only disappointment was Will and Liz...but I thought he was going to die in the end anyway.

Well the movie was great and THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF THE ENTIRE MOVIE was the end because it hints that there will be a fourth installment. Jack...by himself...on a dinghy...with rum...and a working compass. Just because Jerry Bruckheimer doesn't think he can pull off a fourth one doesn't mean some other producer can! Also Johnny said he'd gladly do more. YAY!

*jcd*gmc*
Originally posted by LovelyOne
now thats interesting! in the green script..he expresses his feelings for her a WHOLE lot earlier than that. right at the start in purgatory he basically expresses his feelings for her..then uts confirmed when beckett runs into them on the beach (if that scene is still in there)

theres a LOT of fishy things going on here when it comes to all the J/E stuff cut out and changed. ESPECIALLY the last scene after the credits.

i didnt wait to see what was after the credits...what was it?

IheartPocky
its on youtube. it shows Lizzie and her son 10 years later when Daddy Turner comes home.

lady_captinjack
im seeing it again tonight!!

Tramps Lady
yes i did! lol. orli said hed do a pirates 10. but the funny thing is. last night on BB australia, they have these games, the friday night games, and the night was celeb night, the second round there was this big newspaper and they had to match a celeb photo to a headline, the second team got JD and im like i already no the headline thats right! and coz they were boys, they didnt know what it was it was"i want to do pirate movies for the rest of my career" lol

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by lovejohnny
The movie was awesome! I want to go see it again. I am unhappy that I didn't get to see what was shown after the credits its killing me!!

well...i saw advanced screenin ticks day b4 it came out in Aus then i saw it first session it came out, then i saw it that night, tonite im seein it for my friends bday, then im seein it again with my mumwink

Solo
I saw it a few days ago, didn't like it too much. Mind you, it was better than the second.

Bruce Leeroy
I'm sorry, but did anyone else fidn this movie to be pretty bad? erm

I mean, it was DEFINENTLY the worse of the three, and I think PotC 3 made the same mistake as Spiderman 3. Too, too many people, not enough time to deal with them all.

Davey Jones was killed so damn suddently, and after he fell over the ship we never even heard of him again.

Calipso didn't do SH!T! After getting released, she... made a little whirlpool? That's it? What all these pirates were afraid of... was a damn whirlpool that didn't even do anything? Weak.

Will's story was okay, but for some reason I just don't like the huge change he's made throughout the 3 movies. In the first one he was mostly a sissy who showed some courage and skilzl at the end. In the second one, he had somesword fighting skills, and made a reasonable improvement in terms of influence. In this movie, he's Mr. badass Black Smith who screws over more experienced and much more brutal Pirates, commands his own vessel on two occasions, and suddently has a say among people like the East India Trading Company, a corporation who basically owns the entire sea's? They tried to hard to make Will look cool.

Same story with Elizabeth. She lived like frigan ROYALTY almost her entire life, and yet SUDDENTLY she's a master Swordsmen who kills trained professional soldiers with ease, and somehow gets elected as King of the Pirates? Who the hell is she to be a king? And her little rally speech at the end was also pretty bad.

Norrington got killed off prematurely, in my opinion. It was so damn sudden, and for basically no reason. It didn't effect nor further the plot at all.

Beckett. He was evil, and his death was the usual villain death. Nothing special, nothing bad either.

Barbossa didn't really do anything bad. He just did what he was supposed to do, and did it well.

Jack played his part the best, imo. He basically did what he does best, be a Pirate, and a funny one at that.

IheartPocky
I didn't think it was bad. I do think the Calypso thing was a little weird like you said, it just kinda dropped.. but I still could reason and say "Well, it was a big whirlpool that was meant to pull those ships in. Probably would've gotten more powerful if Davy hadn't of died."

And I think Davy's death should've been longer i mean he was supposed to say "Calypso.. I love you" not "Calypso, Ahhhhh"

I loved Beckett's death scene. And Norrie could've used maybe a little longer of screentime.. goodbye time smile

Barbossa didn't really have anything bad to do, so he didn't do anything bad smile

But I don't think it was bad.

Tramps Lady
wheres the end credit scene, cnt find on youtube....give link plz

Surreal_44
Bwa ha ha: I apologize. I'm running on about three hours of sleep in 48 hours. I lost track. stick out tongue I put Gov. Swann on the list twice because I can't count, apparently.

Sorry!

Jacksweet I'm sorry J/E didn't work out, but the movie wasn't all bad. But honestly...Elizabeth killed Jack. Did you think that after the horrible death he suffered and the horrible after-life he suffered he was going to just throw his arms around her and forgive her?

He went through an awful lot BECAUSE of her (not really for her), so I don't think it would have been logical for him to be all lovey dovey with her.

Jack's scenes are strange because he was driven insane by the Locker. You want to blame someone for his craziness, blame Elizabeth; she sent him there. Anyway, I hope that you go see the film again and try to enjoy it the second time around. There's a lot of sweetness between Jack and Elizabeth, you just have to look for it. big grin

EDIT TO ADD: Bruce Leeroy: I disagree with your take on Will's story arc. You mis-characterize it; it's no wonder you dislike it so much.

Try again on your analysis of Will. stick out tongue I think the only thing you got correct was that Will is a blacksmith and is a good swordsman.

Tramps Lady
Originally posted by Arachnid1
You cant have a pirates 4 without Will...

God, I hope he comes back in number 4 if their is one...

sad

he is back jack made will stab the heart when he was dead, then bootstrap took wills heart and put in chest, we saw him alive on the dutchman

diddly
wait wait... wat happend 2 will?

Tramps Lady
well he got stabbed my davy jones then jack was noble and saw how hurt liz was and put the broken sword in wills hand and made will stab the heart. then davy died and bootstrap took wills heart...so will came back alive

diddly
so is will like cursed?

Tramps Lady
yea, hes like davy now...but wats funy is that davy jones locker...mightnt be called that any more lol

katelovespirate
Well, before anyone freaks out, I'll start by saying, SPOILERS, and, for fairness, it was a very well-made film in terms of the technical side.

I'd like to begin by giving a brief sum-up of the movie:

300+ innocent victims die to make a political jab at Bush and the Patriot Act. Kid with bizarrely obvious braces sings a song with no tune. Poor taste naked Lizzie jokes ensue, bad hair all around, as Singapore is entirely destroyed by a monkey who gets more screen time than all the main characters combined.
Beckett drinks extreme amounts of tea, whilst Davy Jones cries copiously about some chick that broke his heart like, a million years ago. (get over it, dude). Will betrays everyone to save the skeezy father that abandoned him and his mom to go off with his drinking buddies. Elizabeth kisses every man in sight, variously screaming over the many people close to her who die tragically (and often by the hand of previously mentioned skeezy father). James' wig makes an unfortunate reappearance.
The writers, having no further clever or funny things for Jack to do, try to make up the slack by having 10 Jacks on screen at any given moment. Gratuitous skin scenes abound. Flow charts hopeless in tracking the endless betrayals.
Calypso makes her way through Gulliver's Travels, Elizabeth finds time for shopping for a new wardrobe, while Will and Elizabeth's relationship completely deteriorates, only to magically resolve itself by a bizzare decision to tie the knot in the midst of an epic battle. The film arbitrates between an extremely gory episode of CSI, and a miserable attempt to be epic like Lord of the Rings. Appendages are pulled off during bad weather, and an electric guitar takes the film into a Rent-like lurch away from pirate film and into the realm of bad dream after too many drugs.
Jack continues to be massively hott.
The entire royal navy decides to leave the pirates alone after one of their ships is destroyed. Jack and Elizabeth make a parachute, and Sparrabeth finally dies as fans everywhere realize the writers are giggling behind the camera.
Will and Elizabeth share the most cheesy fan-fic/bad romance novel honeymoon sequence of all time, making fans across the nation gape and pull their much higher quality honeymoon fics out to enjoy. Elizabeth obtains funky lingerie from the middle of nowhere. Worst possible ending is decided upon, as the couple gets no happily ever after, Jack loses his ship, character arcs flop. On a positive note, Gibbs finally gets some.

Best moments:
the Ocean's 13 Preview
"We must fight to run away"
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here..."
When they all pulled out their "pieces of eight" aka, whatever junk they had in their pockets.
The pirate lord with the voice like the knights who say ni.

Now, before ya'll jump on me with the "if you dont like it, don't come on this forum" stuff, remember that I am an avid and extreme fan of films 1 and 2, and am entitled to my opinion and to discussing and most of all, debriefing from the trauma with fellow forum members. Anyone else feeling slightly sad with how things turned out?

diddly
wat will turners locker???

Tramps Lady
well imo i absolutely lovedd it, but its ur opinion, so i wont jump uo on u, unless ur my friend in real like and i would slap u across the face lol but fair enuf, atleast u had ur reasons lol

Tramps Lady
i dunno...maybe....

diddly
wow that bad?

diddly
wow so uh... is there gonna be a 4

Tramps Lady
i think it was great....but just remember, u have to watch it to think it bad

Tramps Lady
i hope soo...coz im not ready to let go of dear ol jack my beloved, but i dunno

diddly
true I've yet to do that!!! lol

diddly
well we'll see.... ttyl

Tramps Lady
lol

katelovespirate
eh, i think i was completely taken aback by the amount of violence, to be honest. film 2 pushed things, but generally had a happy fun feel to it. this one just felt dark and heavy, which is really sad cause these films are meant to be fun. this one wasn't fun for me. the plot felt thin at best, and i was bewildered by the character interactions. i'm not gonna lie to you, i've read fan fics that struck me as a better way to do it. but hey, i'm not the writers/ filmmakers.
but it wasn't a totally negative experience. i had a great time dressing up with my friends, eating lots of candy, etc. Jack was fantastic, and Barbossa was amazing.
sometimes before seeing a movie that i'm really looking forward to, i'll have these weird dreams about it, and wake up thinking, man that was bizzare- thank goodness that wasn't it and i get to see the real film tonight! seeing this film pretty much felt like one of those dreams. haha.

Pirates life fo
I personally enjoyed it. I thought it was well done and the events that happened, whether I thought they should or not, made sense. I respect any opinions of course about not liking it once you have seen it. I dont think it will do as well at the box office as DMC but there are several reasons for that.

Tramps Lady
fair enuf....ur opinions r urs and urs alone...dont let any1 change that...evn tho i loved it lol

IheartPocky
I liked it okay. There were parts I didn't like at all.. and parts I loved..

I didn't think it was gory at all hehe. I mean you see swords in people and gun wounds but no blood(for the most part) I'm glad they didn't have anything like the crow eating the dude's eye in DMC.

NOTHING compared to CSI.. CSI is just UGH.. Ewness..

Of course I now remember the part with Mercer and Davy.. That was kinda gross..

Orli43
I actually quite enjoyed the movie, but I can see where you are coming from on a lot of those points. It was way too difficult to keep track of who was betraying who and who was on what side. I thought it was a bit too violent for a Disney movie (especially that part with Jones and Mercer) but not so much so that it was past a PG-13 rating. Yes, it was pretty dark and kind of angsty, but I thought it was good that they weren't afraid to go there. After DMC, it felt very natural for the story to continue in that way.

As far as the whole thing with Will and Elizabeth, I actually liked how it ended with them. It felt so much like the ultimate love story. Two people whose love for each other is so strong and yet they can only see each other once every ten years. However, I just heard today that, although it's not explained real well in the movie, Will is free of the Flying Dutchman after those ten years. Apparently, if the captain of the FD has a love who is faithful to him, he is free from his duty as captain after that first decade. I guess that was supposed to go for Jones as well but because his love never showed up, he was stuck as captain of the FD until Will killed him.

ADarksideJedi
I still can't make up my mind reather the other two were better then this one or the other way around.I was not feeling good during the movie so I guess that is why.
It was not a bad movie.Not the best movie I had ever seen.But I thought well done and who can't say no to seeing Depp in the movies?If it was not for him it would suck.
But good lines throughout the movie I must say!jm

pirate179
well...i loved the movie...but the ending imo was very disappointing..i mean well, like i said i LOVE the movie as a whole but i was upset w/ the ending..i mean like no one got what they wanted in the end..jack didnt have the Pearl, barbossa didnt have the maps, elizabeth didnt have a man (well kinda but she will only see him every ten years) and i know will got Bootstrap but come on......anyone know what i mean??? i dont think its over well....i certainlly hope not!!!!!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
he is back jack made will stab the heart when he was dead, then bootstrap took wills heart and put in chest, we saw him alive on the dutchman

Dammit... I've got to stop reading spoilers...

BUT that means Will will come back in 4!!!!

pirate179
is there gonna be a 4 for sure??

Tramps Lady
no1 knows...hope so

mmoviejunkie
only will got a closure
wasn't fair

and we dont even know what happens to elizabeth after she leaves

Tramps Lady
apparently she has a son after the creds

Arachnid1
Originally posted by pirate179
is there gonna be a 4 for sure??

It hasn't been confirmed, but I'd bet anything there will be. No one would stop a series of movies that have been that successfull after 3 movies. Its like the Spiderman movies. Spidey 3 made so much money like the other versions that Sam Raimi already confirmed he was making a 4, 5, and 6. Chances are, he won't stop their either.

It will be the same with POTC.

pirate179
so do i ..i really dont think pirates is over yet!!! there has to be more..the ending was satisfying enough for me

pirate179
i KNEW she was pregnant !!!! i really did...just had a feeling!! hehe!! but ya i agree only will got closure so i really hope they do 4 so everyone gets closure!!

Arachnid1
i KNEW she was pregnant !!!! i really did...just had a feeling!! hehe!! but ya i agree only will got closure so i really hope they do 4 so everyone gets closure!!

Mainly jack.... from what I hear, he got a sucky ending.

pirate179
ya he did!!!!i was very disappointed in the ending

Bruce Leeroy
EDIT TO ADD: Bruce Leeroy: I disagree with your take on Will's story arc. You mis-characterize it; it's no wonder you dislike it so much.

What part did I mischaracterize?

IheartPocky
I didn't want a 4. But If it has a better ending for jack then by all means make a 4!!!

pirate179
totally agree pocky..totally agree!!!

jdl1224
Originally posted by katelovespirate
Well, before anyone freaks out, I'll start by saying, SPOILERS, and, for fairness, it was a very well-made film in terms of the technical side.

I'd like to begin by giving a brief sum-up of the movie:

300+ innocent victims die to make a political jab at Bush and the Patriot Act. Kid with bizarrely obvious braces sings a song with no tune. Poor taste naked Lizzie jokes ensue, bad hair all around, as Singapore is entirely destroyed by a monkey who gets more screen time than all the main characters combined.
Beckett drinks extreme amounts of tea, whilst Davy Jones cries copiously about some chick that broke his heart like, a million years ago. (get over it, dude). Will betrays everyone to save the skeezy father that abandoned him and his mom to go off with his drinking buddies. Elizabeth kisses every man in sight, variously screaming over the many people close to her who die tragically (and often by the hand of previously mentioned skeezy father). James' wig makes an unfortunate reappearance.
The writers, having no further clever or funny things for Jack to do, try to make up the slack by having 10 Jacks on screen at any given moment. Gratuitous skin scenes abound. Flow charts hopeless in tracking the endless betrayals.
Calypso makes her way through Gulliver's Travels, Elizabeth finds time for shopping for a new wardrobe, while Will and Elizabeth's relationship completely deteriorates, only to magically resolve itself by a bizzare decision to tie the knot in the midst of an epic battle. The film arbitrates between an extremely gory episode of CSI, and a miserable attempt to be epic like Lord of the Rings. Appendages are pulled off during bad weather, and an electric guitar takes the film into a Rent-like lurch away from pirate film and into the realm of bad dream after too many drugs.
Jack continues to be massively hott.
The entire royal navy decides to leave the pirates alone after one of their ships is destroyed. Jack and Elizabeth make a parachute, and Sparrabeth finally dies as fans everywhere realize the writers are giggling behind the camera.
Will and Elizabeth share the most cheesy fan-fic/bad romance novel honeymoon sequence of all time, making fans across the nation gape and pull their much higher quality honeymoon fics out to enjoy. Elizabeth obtains funky lingerie from the middle of nowhere. Worst possible ending is decided upon, as the couple gets no happily ever after, Jack loses his ship, character arcs flop. On a positive note, Gibbs finally gets some.

first off. katelovespirates!! i'm so happy you and lovleyone are still on here!! yay!! i've like disappeared for a year. hah. school will do that to day. but yesterday was my last day- so that means i'll be on here 24/7 like the old days. yipee!! big grin!

second off. your summary... is genius. i'm so serious, you should become a critic! haha. even though i did like the movie, that summary was hysterical. it made me laugh out loud... dang.

third off. here's my opinion. :] i agree with pretty much everything you said. and you know i'm a HUGE jack/liz fan. but for some reason i wasn't mad about them ending up together. i noticed this when davy stabbed will in the heart and i GASPED, i was like 'NO!! you can't do that!!" haha. as for gory- i so agree! as amazing as it was, that maelstrom scene went on WAY too long. after all was said and done and the credits were rolling my sister and i sat there and were like, "i can't decide if i liked that." i agree the plot was shallower also. digital graphics were absolutely astonishing. jack wasn't as witty. and never said "oh bugger" which i was waiting for the whole movie. overall i did like it- but what's weird, is i pretty much completely agree with you.

pirate179
ya he did!!!!i was very disappointed in the ending

ok now that i have found out...if its true....that after the 10 years will can be set free it his love proves true or whatever i am not too disappointed w/ the ending anymore...im kinda happy!!!

IheartPocky
lol i sat there afterwards and couldn't decide if i liked it too smile

Probably at about 3 something today I decided I liked it enough.

pirate179
lol after finding out the curse will be broken after 10 years i very happy now

Anakin2009
I thought it was the best out of the 3, it had it all, humor, action, romance, betrayal and also great special effects. I believe Gore Verbinski and Jerry Bruckheimer and everyone who worked on this film really out did themselves.

Lizziegirl
How do we know that Will is released after 10 years? Is it in a press release or something? Because I have always been a hard core Will/Liz fan and I was DEVASTED from the second Davey Jones stabbed him until I saw Liz with their son at the end. It just doesn't seem right that they aren't REALLY together. It was incredibly disappointing to me, so hearing this info makes it a lot better to me smile

Lightningrod
loved the movie
mr johnny depp was at his finest!
best out of the 3 movies
and yeah i hope there will be a 4

Surreal_44
Ah, I enjoyed the film, and I thought it was even better the second time around.

I had hated the multiple Jacks, but I see what they're for now, and I like them. I love how Jack finally gets rid of them, and if you pay attention, you'll see how he becomes himself again by the time the film is over.

I really enjoyed all the W/E scenes, and I enjoyed it when they were separated, because it gave them time to think and to understand each other a bit more. They made up during the parley scene, and their good-bye was incredible.

It's very subtle, but if you watch that scene closely, you see that Will has released her from her vows...it's why he doesn't kiss her, why he looks at her that one last time, because he doesn't expect her to wait. Elizabeth understands immediately when he pulls away what he's thinking, and she races after him to reassure him that she will wait.

I think that was just beautifully handled, and I like how they changed it from the first draft...that Will and Liz didn't use words, that they did not cheapen that moment with silly lines, but instead that incredible kiss.

I loved that at the end we see that Elizabeth and Will have a child. Check out Liz's clothes; they are NICE. Whatever she's been up to, it has been successful. big grin I loved Will's return. Very nice.

The scene where Will dies is stunning. Davy Jones really showed what a bastard he was, first by stabbing Will, and then by shoving the sword in deeper and then twisting it. Poor Will, I can't even imagine how much that hurt. Elizabeth's reaction, Jack's reaction, Bootstraps' reaction....all of it is just incredible.

Bootstrap cutting out Will's heart? Shocking, unbelievable. I loved it.

What else? Oh yes, the marriage in the middle of the battle. Great moment, lots of fun.

My Norribeth kiss!!!!!! *squees of happiness* The dog with the keys, yay! Keith Richards...woot!!! The Bretheren meeting, the hangings in the beginning...sad, sad, but nice way of looping the beginning and ending of the film together.

Davy and Calypso...beautiful. I wish that they had made it a little clearer on how the curse was broken, but due to unfortunate editing, we don't fully understand how that works.

Terry addressed it on Wordplayer, as well as the silly ideas some people have in their head that Elizabeth and Will wouldn't try (and possibly find) a way to bend the rules of the curse, or that Elizabeth remained land-locked and was 'only' a mother. As Terry said, Elizabeth is still Pirate King. big grin

I am a bit peeved on Norrington's death, because I think they could have handled it differently and still had him die nobly, but that's really my only complaint.

I was a little annoyed that the monkey and Barbossa had so much screentime, I felt some editing prevented understanding of storylines, but all in all, I really enjoyed the film. I'm going to see it tomorrow, again. big grin Third time; it should be fun. big grin

vintageSW77
bunch of crap
i want my 3 hours back
another shite blockbuster to sit alongside Spidey 3
its funny that this movie is on about 5 screens at my local cinema whilst the critically lauded THIS IS ENGLAND hasnt even graced the screens there

yawnsome and the critics are right -a two star movie

PirateDiva
I saw At Worlds End again today!! smile Yay Me!! And I Loved it Even More!!! I've Even accepted Willabeth (But I still Believe Jack and Liz so Belong together) lol!

But u Know, not every question was answered i still want to know...What Mark did JACK leave on BECKETT??? Did i miss it? or did they not say?

vintageSW77
bunch of crap
i want my 3 hours back
i had to go as i was the minority last night
another shite blockbuster to sit alongside Spidey 3
its funny that this movie is on about 5 screens at my local cinema whilst the critically lauded THIS IS ENGLAND hasnt even graced the screens there
we didnt get Grindhouse here but yet we get overblown tripe like this with cinemas chock full of mr and mrs average scoffing their popcorn and jizzing all over the seats wholl go to see any big budget shite whilst original outstanding flicks such as This Is England and Pans Labyrinth make peanuts

yawnsome and the critics are right -a two star movie

katelovespirate
Originally posted by jdl1224
first off. katelovespirates!! i'm so happy you and lovleyone are still on here!! yay!! i've like disappeared for a year. hah. school will do that to day. but yesterday was my last day- so that means i'll be on here 24/7 like the old days. yipee!! big grin!

second off. your summary... is genius. i'm so serious, you should become a critic! haha. even though i did like the movie, that summary was hysterical. it made me laugh out loud... dang.

third off. here's my opinion. :] i agree with pretty much everything you said. and you know i'm a HUGE jack/liz fan. but for some reason i wasn't mad about them ending up together. i noticed this when davy stabbed will in the heart and i GASPED, i was like 'NO!! you can't do that!!" haha. as for gory- i so agree! as amazing as it was, that maelstrom scene went on WAY too long. after all was said and done and the credits were rolling my sister and i sat there and were like, "i can't decide if i liked that." i agree the plot was shallower also. digital graphics were absolutely astonishing. jack wasn't as witty. and never said "oh bugger" which i was waiting for the whole movie. overall i did like it- but what's weird, is i pretty much completely agree with you.

heya! smile welcome back--- hopefully it WILL be just like the old days... the good old days after film 2... oh gee... lol. smile
I agree with everything you said--- it was definitely a moment of decision when the credits were rolling.

katelovespirate
wait a second... did I see a different version of the film? I saw no scene with Elizabeth and a kid... did I miss something?

Surreal_44
It's at the end of the credits. A little boy comes running through a field of grass, singing the "Drink Up Me Hearties" song, Elizabeth, looking lovely in a fairly simple but nice skirt, blouse and vest dealie comes up behind him. They look out at the sea over a cliff.

As the sun sets, there is a green flash, and then the Dutchman appears. Liz breaks out into a smile, and then we see Will, holding onto some lines as the Dutchman sails closer to land.

Then the film ends. The kid is cute, and although I know people will argue with me, I think he looks a lot like Orlando did as a kid. Young Will Turner. Awww.

The problem is, one important line got cut from the film. With the green flash, it means the curse is broken for Will, and he is no longer captain of the Dutchman. big grin So now he's allowed to be with his wife and son. Yay!

Gold
It was the biggest pack of shite I have ever seen!. Now thats out of the bag what the hell was this movie about.

There are too many plot lines trying to resolve themselves in this movie. It became a case of who want's to kill who and them forgetting why the want to kill that person.

The begining had more dialog then the bible. Everyone practacally spoke out COTBP and DMC as if the audience are idiots.

The end was rushed reguarding the will/liz thing. Really weird to have her suddenly scream "You thought I loved him" Which is so F**king obvious in DMC and the begining of the film. That line was out of the blue.

The middle was nothing but fighting and endless bickering over who's betraying who. It happened soo much that I completely lost track.

Please explain why Tia was so sad and wanted her man back, but then betrayed him. Please tell me why he went to kill her and then say he loves her, only to be betrayed.

WTF is with Liz kissing everyone and looking at them like she has loved them for an eternity. ****!!!!. Oh poor Jack, Oh poor Will, Oh poor James, I was waiting for her slip a tougne to good old Barbossa. She even gave him the same look!!!.

I'm gonner have to see it again to try and figure out what on gods earth happened.

For christ sake. One or two betrayal plots at a time not 20!!!!.

It is as if they planned the story, got half way through the filming and took a 360degrees to failure.

How can TPTB get it sooo wrong. What a waste of opportunity.

no

tia dalma
I went to see it 3 days ago and the cinema had cut the bit with the kid and Liz. That sucked i waited until all the credits had ended and nothing.
I wonder what else got cut, cuz its supposed to be a 3 hour film and we watched 2 and a half. I wish they wouldn't do that mad

k-a-rin!
I think it was a great, entertaining film. And no offense but i think people are over analysing it far too much.

surfchikpir8fan

Ditte3
I'm going to see it 3 hours and ten minutes from now.

katelovespirate
what the crap... Liz went back to society and became a stay at home single mom? in my wildest dreams I couldn't have come up with a more tragic ending.

Surreal_44
Who said anything about Liz going back to society? Who said she didn't have adventures? Only you, my dear.

Terry pointed out that at no time did Elizabeth ever give up her title of Pirate King, nor does he expect that she simply sat around waiting for Will and mourning and all that.

What he does think is that Elizabeth and Will have their own adventures, and that they work to find a way to bend the rules of the curse so they might be able to see each other before Will is released.

Doesn't sound like TnT expect Elizabeth to be a quiet, demure woman who sits and does embroidery while sobbing over her husband, nor is Will so noble and purpose-driven in his new career that he wouldn't fight to see the one that he loves.

Instead of seeing how limiting this is for either of them, you should be thinking on how many doors this opens up for them. Will and Elizabeth fought and over-came all the odds, even death. A little curse isn't going to stop them from doing whatever the hell they want to. big grin

Cheers to TnT for making such strong, vibrant characters who defy tragedy in such a breath-taking fashion.

katelovespirate
well, I am not too interested in thinking up ways the noble pair bent the rules, overcame their difficult circumstances, etc. cause despite everything, they seriously don't interest me as a couple. still. a dramatic wedding and cheesy honeymoon scene don't make up for complete lack of relationship development.

marvel_knight90
all i can say was i loved it

jessigem
my butt hurt from sitting so long, but seeing jack lose his sanity was totally worth it.

i love his crazy facial expressions happy

IheartPocky
my butt hurt too lol but i didnt really think about it cause i was too into the movie..

Tramps Lady
my butt didnt hurt, it was very comfy, but my back...man the back of those seats are painful

willofthewisp
Okay, I saw the movie and sat for 3 hours, but that's not how it felt. It felt like I was in the middle of an epic battle between pirates and the dark lords who threaten their way of life. If anyone feels differently, I offer this commentary to the film.

We have a beautiful, dark, haunting beginning that truly conveys Beckett's sinister personality. It gives us such a wonderful song that stays with you throughout the whole movie and introduces the Pieces of 8.

Next we're given a scenic, exotic locale where all fans of Liz can grin. She and Barbossa working on a project together? Who would have thunk it! And just when Sao Feng (great character!) seemed bad enough, in storms the navy! This is a wonderful first battle for our heroes and all of them fight gracefully, creatively, and bravely. Jack would be proud of them.

Speaking of Jack...I have to get my girliness out of the way first and say I was happy to finally see shirtless Jack. Now with that out of the way, this film gave Jack so many layers. His stream of consciousness is made known to the audience early, and if you think he doesn't grow, you weren't paying attention. And the reunion scene was just what it should have been: desperate and awkward. Tia has much more to do, and our trio and supporting cast are together again in full form. Is the electric guitar a little too much? Yes. It's grating and terrible, but no film is perfect.

So on we go to the betrayals. It's in character for pirates to betray. Keep in mind that our trio does watch out for each other, though. Will always makes sure Liz is taken care of, as does Jack. She only puts Will and/or Jack in danger when she TRUSTS them enough to know they'll get out of it and further the trio's interests. Also, if you think there are no sparrabeth moments, then we have to suck it up. Do I think T&T missed an opportunity? Hell yeah I do. But they did something rather wonderful with Jack and Liz's relationship that Hollywood still doesn't do: they have a man and a woman love each other deeply without being "in" love. For canon, we have to be happy with that. Our imaginations can run wild in videos and fanfictions. Be happy these two are as good with each other as they are. And remember, anything can happen in 4.

Bad guys? Weren't they deliciously evil? Beckett, I have one question: what mark did Jack leave on him? I didn't catch it or they didn't explain it, so I have a beef with that. Davy, talk about layers! His reunion with Tia is heartbreaking and somehow hot. He's a bastard, but I was so happy they both wanted to be with each other. Mercer, his death scene rocked! And Beckett, that's what he gets for branding Jack, hanging all those people, and killing Liz's dad. Watching Liz and her dad touched everyone, especially me.

So, what is left? James' death? Poignant wasn't it? He needed more screen time, but he fully redeemed himself. The Pirate Brethren? Teague was great, Jack voting for Liz: loved it. Will being a smart-ass? Perfection! The final battle? Ridiculously fun. I didn't want Liz and Will to marry and I would have changed that, but such is life.

So you see, the good far outweighs the bad. Savvy?

IheartPocky
Aye!!!!!

It's made me start talking pirate-y for the last two days haha.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>