Should i wait or buy now ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
ok i never brought the OT in my life but i have seen the films . I want the cinema version of the OT and not the SE . I dont want the two disk set versions becouse the transfer is crap and so are the covers .

Should i wait for a good version of the OT to come out on dvd ?

Tangible God
Yes. Knowing Lucas, we're for at least another half dozen editions of the OT.

Sith Master X
Well, we can expect blue-ray sooner or later. That's for sure.

Tattoo
I say wait for the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD version which will have all versions of the films and come in a 6 movie set with the PT bundled and shit.

General G
With so many special features, you won't have to leave your house for days.

queeq
I doubt the theatrical version will ever be in a better format or resolution than the latest DVD release.

coolmovies
But they are non anamorpic and i dont like the covers . I am also waiting for a 12 disk boxset just like the alien box set . I hope it will have loads of extres

queeq
I doubt Lucas will ever have the guts to make a DVD Box as excellent, complete and honest as the Alien Quadrilogy Box. It's still my favourite box set, the best ever... so far.

coolmovies
alot of effort went into making that box set . I dont think lucus wants to spend money on making a set like that .

we can only dream

queeq
Yes...

~JP~
Originally posted by queeq
I doubt the theatrical version will ever be in a better format or resolution than the latest DVD release.

Well that sucks. While it has great resolution, it's also the shitty SE release.

queeq
No, not on the last edition. THat contains the original theatrical release. But it's from the same master as the laserdic.

jon84
Do they even sell the individual LEs anymore? I thought they were released for a limited time only. I bought them, but only because i didn't own the 2004 boxset.

General G
I bought the version where it has the original theatrical versions as well as the digitally remastered versions. It was great.

queeq
THat's the last one. different from the OT box though.

General G
But that came out last year right? So they even have a reason to release yet another one this year, maybe even two.

queeq
Well, that was just an extra. All they did was make the nice menu's. We still want the all-in DVD. With great docs, unseen footage etc.

I got a nice 4-disc DVD via the internet with all the old VHS Making of's en the Holiday special. But I'd like one in full quality. Well, maybe not the Holiday Special. wink

General G
Hmm, that would be a neat set, a DVD one would be a lot better though.

laughing out loud Nobody needs the Holiday Special.

coolmovies
what is annoying is the the OT does not come with extres . They should be just like the PT a bones disk for each movie . Then we whould get a twelve disk box set !

Abit off topic did jabba speak in english in rotj ?? I swear he spoke alien languge in the cinema version

General G
A bonus disc for each would be cool, with lots of stuff on each.

I am pretty sure he doesn't speak english...

~JP~
Originally posted by queeq
No, not on the last edition. THat contains the original theatrical release. But it's from the same master as the laserdic.

Ok what? The last copy I bought came out the same year ROTS did, in the Silver Box.

What is this you are talking about that came out last year?

coolmovies
last year GL brought out a two disk dvd set for each film . On disk one you get the SE and on disk two you get the cinema version which has no changes !

General G
Which I loved and do not regret buying.

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
last year GL brought out a two disk dvd set for each film . On disk one you get the SE and on disk two you get the cinema version which has no changes !

No, it contains the DVD version that came out in the Silver Box. The 1997 SE has never been released on DVD (yet?).
And of course the theatrical edition. It was a limited edition JP, but it may still be around.

here's ANH, you'll find the others soon enough:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-IV-Widescreen/dp/B000FQJAIW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-7574728-9868102?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1180508111&sr=1-2

coolmovies
bang on target

queeq
Boom

General G
Kablooie.

queeq
Guess this thread is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.