Ok a question from me (spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
I haven't watched the movie yet, I know how it ends and have done for a while though..like 5 months but something about all this puzzles me

even in the script I managed to read, the whole last scene after the credits is in no way explained and it doesn't appear to be in the movie itself either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXYJJHfZKE4

Ok bare in mind I have not seen the movie but I know the basic outline.

Will and Elizabeth do not have sex in the movie. Is there even a hint of it?

this whole scene just "comes out of the blue"

Jack goes off in search of the fountain of youth doesn't he when it ends?

we supposedly "dont get an ending for Jack"

well at the end..is that little kid in fact Jack? I mean Jack after finding the fountain of youth of course.

he's singing the pirates song, in a bit of a Jackish accent he has Jacks hat on?? and most important of all (to me anyway)

When Dominic Scott kay was cast..he was apparently called "a younger version of Jack Sparrow for a flashback scene" by the studio when giving out info about his character.

Terry also has sort of said before that the ending is not an exact answer, its a surprise to see but its in fact the answer to 3 possibilities..not just one.

ladygrim
No i think we can safely say that the child is wills son.

LovelyOne
has it been confirmed then by T&T?

Ditte3
Good idea but i don't htink so.I was wondering whe the child wears a captain's hat?

LovelyOne
yeah, just a theory of mine really.

but if Will and Liz get the closure..Jack should have too by the end of the movie..maybe that was it?

lots of peeps are pissed that he didnt get the closure like W/E did..but If that was him..it means he would have

and that scene is supposed to be a cue for the 4th movie apparently

I cant see how that scene is going to want to make people see movie 4 unless it has something to do with Jack

mondenschein
I'm totally sure that it's Will's son.

and the pirate song actually comes from Liz, if you remember the deleted island scene from part 1, so it't no surprise that her son knows it from her.

and there IS a hint for will&liz having sex wink

anyway, if it would be little jack I have to say I clearly prefer the adult version =)

LovelyOne
oh god..poor Liz can only have sex once every 10 years..good ***** deserves that after being such a whore in movie 2 lol

SarahB
Originally posted by LovelyOne
oh god..poor Liz can only have sex once every 10 years..good ***** deserves that after being such a whore in movie 2 lol

haha lol! laughing out loud

ladygrim
oh god..poor Liz can only have sex once every 10 years..good ***** deserves that after being such a whore in movie 2 lol laughing out loud to right

Sifzensinril
the island where she lives, she lives there alone or in some villige, city?

Ericadawn
She's the freaking Pirate King, isn't it Shipwreck Cove?

As for her standing around doing nothing and not having sex, I think I'll repeat what Terry had to say about it when asked whether Will and Liz wouldn't be able to see each other during that ten year period:

"I don't know that I would say, "forbidden." There might be some story to be told where Elizabeth manages to make a trip to the land of the dead, with the help of someone, etc., etc., to find Will, etc.

But the basic requirement is that Will agrees captain the Flying Dutchmen (in return for what the film reveals) and that he can step on land but once every ten years, and that at any time, if he finds a love that is true (this is part of the original Flying Dutchman opera by the way) then his attachment to the ship is broken. "

a-k-a-amber
what you said earlier the answer to the three possibilities...

you dont really think TnT would do that do you? that would mean its either A) Jacks kid B) wills kid or C) young jack like you were saying

surely after the movie has been out a bit they will explain it dont you think?

Tramps Lady
THE KID ISNT WILLS UNLESS ITS THE SCENE AFTER THE CREDS!!! that scene with the kid wasnt in the movie...i couldnt stay back after creds

IheartPocky
Yeah. The scene after the credits is on youtube.. or was. maybe it still is..

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by ladygrim
No i think we can safely say that the child is wills son. ditto, i agree

Jacky Sparrow
Originally posted by Tramps Lady
THE KID ISNT WILLS UNLESS ITS THE SCENE AFTER THE CREDS!!! that scene with the kid wasnt in the movie...i couldnt stay back after creds

I think it is Will's child. I mean it's kind of showed that they had sex after the battle, where Will and Liz are on this island and Will is searching his boot.

PirateDiva
*spoilers*

The child is Wills...they had a simulated sex scene....and the scene after the credits was Liz and the little boy waiting for Will!!

jdl1224
i think it's wills's kid. here's my reasoning...

-there is a hint of a sex scene. will says, "i'm going to need the other one" talking about his boots, and liz has it on, with no pants. the only reasons i would say otherwise is how liz responds to will like, kissing her leg. it seems as if they didn't. but if they had- it would make the leaving even harder, which is what it looked like.

-there is no evidence of a sex scene between liz and jack. so where would the kid come from? that's even more out there then saying it's wills.

-think about it, if it was jacks, wouldnt liz not look so excited to see will's ship? wouldn't she be a little scared to be like, "oh hello husband, meet mine and jack's 10 year old kid..." awkward!

-it can't be a flash back to jack. liz probably wouldn't even be alive!

this is what i immediatly thought though. there's a kid at the very beginning of the movie. and at the very end. is there some connection between them? it doesn't make sense since the kid died... unless it was liz and will's kid. but then it plays right into the story like it's present. but how does this kid have one of the piece of eight!? that's what doesn't make sense to me. there was so much emphasis on that kid- that he has to be SOMEBODY. i just can't figure out who!!

dang. as much as i liked awe... there better be a 4th just to clear that last scence after the credits up. BAH!

ADarksideJedi
Wait I saw the movie and I am confuse myself.Who is the kid in the begining?Will and Liz's son?If so where are they when he was getting hung?JM

Surreal_44
No, the child in the beginning is just to start the singing to summon the Bretheren Court.

I do think it's a sort of...circular form of story telling. The film begins with a grim scene of a child awaiting death, the story ends with a child awaiting his father's return. big grin

jdl1224
oh really!? is that why lord beckett said "finally" after that guy said, "they're starting to sing". that would make sense! haha.

Surreal_44
That would be my guess. big grin

calypso
He was an heir to a pirate lord . Remember Barbossa, Tia or someone asked about Jack's piece of eight when he went to pergatory and did not have a chance to pass it on.

That who opening shot is just so chilling I had a hard time watching all of it especially when they put the child on the barrel. It all symbolizes the end of the pirate era and Beckett and EITC are in charge now.

jdl1224
wait. that doesn't really make sense. they are all still alive. and they dont use those pieces anymore. bah. so confusing.

yeah it was hard for me to watch that too. but when the coin dropped and didnt show the feet, i thought that was really creative. after the title and everything i leaned over to my sister and was like, "that was awesome" they did such a good job with digital graphics!!

Surreal_44
The pirate lords were broke when they bound Calypso into human form originally. big grin That cracks me up. Gibbs explained it in the film. big grin

The idea that the Pieces of Eight were used is simply a legend, like a lot of stuff that involves pirates.

There are so many small things in this film that it's really necessary to see the film numerous times. big grin I'm going again today. big grin

IheartPocky
Pieces of whatever we happen to have in our pockets at the time hahahahahhahahahha

jdl1224
haha. "change it to what, pieces of whatever we happen to have in out pockets at the time? yeah. that sounds real piraty." hahaha. i loved that part!!

IheartPocky
Yes. And I've just relized this.. there wasn't much of Gibbs in number 3.. I love Gibbs..

AudioHeart
I know this sounds weird...but what if AWE should have started with the ending scene and have been played backwards, maybe in the beginning it is the same boy in the end who gets killed, either that or it could be a flashback

Okay, dw people, that didn't even make much sense to me, but my friend suggested it, so I though I might share it

jdl1224
see now, that's what i was thinking. something like that. bc there seems to be so much emphasis on that kid. hmp hmp hmp. this is usually where lovelyone comes in with some amazing theory... haha.

ADarksideJedi
That maybe true.jm

Surreal_44
The kid isn't really a flashback, although you could look at it from the perspective that this is what would have happened to Will's child if the events hadn't happened the way they did. It was an interesting way to tie the beginning and end together. big grin

katelovespirate
Lovelyone, I've MISSED YOU!!!! I was totally traumatized and depressed by the film and I need major therapy!!!! are you here? have you seen it??? do you want to rant with me?????

pirate179
omg kate i feel the same way about the movie

katelovespirate
awe yay!!!! misery loves company! smile hahaha.

pirate179
haha im still very depressed about this..if i knew for sure they were doing a Pirates 4 i would be ok but...ya....

katelovespirate
well, at least we can have some rum and pop in our dvds of 1 or 2 to take our mind off things. smile

Shadow0fabandit
Every news channel keeps saying this was the last film but if it was then it wouldn't be the way Disney is. I have never known Disney to end a movie on a sad note (They wern't very clear about Will's curse). Also, too many things and I mean too many things were left unanswered, Calypso especially. I mean, is she just going to forgive the pirates and not seek revenge upon them?

Tramps Lady

mind I have not seen the movie but I know the basic outline.

Will and Elizabeth do not have sex in the movie. Is there even a hint of it?

they did have sex actually, the day, the first day will became capt on FD they met up, their swords in a cross, and liz has no pants on, will is putting on his boots....prooves they didwink

willofthewisp
"wait. that doesn't really make sense. they are all still alive. and they dont use those pieces anymore. bah. so confusing."-----jdl1224

I think they CAN use piece of 8. Jack uses the actual coin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.