Now and Then, Here and There

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2D_MASTER
Awhile ago I saw this series "Now and Then, Here and There", it came on late nights on IFC. I found that this series had wonderfull character development, a nice plot. It was a stange anime, in that all the character were kids who lived in a really violent world. The show was probably AIMED at young adults (or adults) since the character suffers many hardships that most wee-childress would cry about. The ending of the series was tragic and pretty good. Any thoughts on this series? That's if anybody has even seen it. STRONGLY recomended for people who are tired of animes about big robots, samurais, and magic.

leonheartmm
i actually saw it sum time around 1999. it still remains one of my favourite serious. la la ru is definately one of the most beautiful women in animedom.

Black Adam
Really sad anime.

Black Adam
to add to my old post and to Happy Dance

I've always loved how the anime starts off all up beat and you get this feeling that it's going to be one of the fantasy magical adventure type shows..then quickly turns into a war drama and how it effects kids.

Also shu and his stick kicked ass. You would think his personalty would get on your nerves but considering it was one the few (if not only)actually optimistic things in a world full of shit, I found his personality enjoyable.

also, dear god did the dub suck. I'm not one of the "ZOMG ALL DUB SUCK SUBS 4LIFE" types but the kids sounded like 20 year olds. Hamdo was alright though...

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/5498/nowandthenhereandtherecc0.th.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.