Thor, Hulk or Silver Surfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Who makes more sense for Superman to rival in a crossover? Who would you rather see?

Assume CIS is applied, and that there won't be any speedblitzing against Hulk. Also assume the scenerio is well enough put together that the match makes sense. (IE, Superman isn't on Earth against the avengers, and suddenly Surfer flies out of nowhere and tackles him...)

Which one of Marvel's heavy hitters should face off against DC's flagship in a crossover?

TricksterPriest
Gotta be Thor. Even in a forum match, it's close between them.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Who makes more sense for Superman to rival in a crossover? Who would you rather see?

Assume CIS is applied, and that there won't be any speedblitzing against Hulk. Also assume the scenerio is well enough put together that the match makes sense. (IE, Superman isn't on Earth against the avengers, and suddenly Surfer flies out of nowhere and tackles him...)

Which one of Marvel's heavy hitters should face off against DC's flagship in a crossover?

The best fight in all around terms would be Supes vs Surfer IMO.

However an in character fight between Supes and Hulk is probably my fave match up. It's similar to fighting a less powerful Validus in that Superman is aware that his foe doesn't entirely understand what's going on. It adds a whole layer to the fight that is lost with the other two. Sure Surfer and Thor make a more epic fight but Hulk makes for a more interesting one.

Redatom65
Hulk would be better against someone like Doomsday. Silver Surfer and Supes never ends well on forum. It's gotta be Thor, even though Superman still beats him whistle

tkitna
Sentry

grey fox
It's Thor.

Hulk is far too weak and 1D wheras Surfer is much much much too strong.

Thor JUST fits nicely , also his magic weapons make him a damn good match even if his strength can't match up...

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
It's Thor.

Hulk is far too weak and 1D wheras Surfer is much much much too strong.

Thor JUST fits nicely , also his magic weapons make him a damn good match even if his strength can't match up...

Right, surfer is far too strong for Thor.

Hercules
I like Thor vs Superman, that fight should have gone a lot longer and been much closer than in the JLA/Avengers crossover imo.

Superman standing up without a mark on him and claiming Thor was one of his toughest opponents ever didn't satisfy me in the least!

I don't mind if Superman takes it in the end, I just want to see the two of them go at it for an entire issue and really mess each other up.

guy222
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

hmmHulk

llagrok
I'd say Hulk would be matched up against Supes because he's so popular and everbody knows who he is.

Thor is a better match though.

NiņoAraņa
i read the title and all i could think of was "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong, one of these things is not like the other, can you guess by the end of this song?" laughing out loud

Priest
Thor and Superman crossover would be the shit

Endless Mike
Thor

His Airness
Originally posted by llagrok
Right, surfer is far too strong for Thor.

Thats obviousy why in nearly every single match up the two have Surfer ends up on the losing end of the battle? ermm

roughrider
The Silver Surfer-Superman crossover already happened.

Hulk and Superman have met several times.

Now, Thor and Superman on their own - I'd actually like a four way. Thor and Beta Ray Bill teaming with Superman and Captain Marvel!

DigiMark007
Surfer >> Superman
Superman = Thor
Superman >>> Hulk
Surfer > or = Thor

...Thor's the only logical matchup. In a crossover they'd make it close regardless of who he fights, but Surfer should destroy him via energy drain (or red sun blasts), and Hulk is nowhere near Supes in overall power.

Either one should have an edge on Thor because of their speed advantage, but he's been shown to be able to hang with them consistently, so it's really a tossup with Thor. He's not any more powerful than Supes, but he's a better matchup against Surfer because he can absorb Surfer's energy, and should also probably beat Supes because of Kal's weakness to magic.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by His Airness
Thats obviousy why in nearly every single match up the two have Surfer ends up on the losing end of the battle? ermm

PIS. durfist

Jimmy Buggs
Alot of hulk haters in here.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs

lookaround

Juntai
Supes is powerful enough to mesh with any of them. The best team-up stories here though I think would be with Thor, because although I like him, Surfer isn't a character that drives a story well, but rather is driven by the stories around him. Supes is definately in his league though.

roughrider
A lot of the Hulk supporters hang their hat on the idea that, since he gets stronger and harder to hurt as he gets angrier, as the fight goes on etc. that he should emerge the victor against nearly anyone. But, if that was really true, Hulk couldn't be knocked unconscious - and lots of people have done it - because he should heal up right away and come back stronger. If you don't buy that argument, then you can't support Hulk against some really high-ended foes. Decades of editiorial inconsistantcy doesn't help; sometimes Hulk looks unstoppable against multiple opponenets, other times he's been knocked out by a python. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
However an in character fight between Supes and Hulk is probably my fave match up. It's similar to fighting a less powerful Validus in that Superman is aware that his foe doesn't entirely understand what's going on. It adds a whole layer to the fight that is lost with the other two. Sure Surfer and Thor make a more epic fight but Hulk makes for a more interesting one.

Kid Kurdy
Superman > Thor.

Superman > Hulk.

So I guess Surfer has to fight Superman.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't think people are getting that this isn't about how powerful they are. This is a completely in character fight based o my reading of the OP.

starlock
Thor for the best matchup

Juntai
I don't think people are getting that this isn't about how powerful they are. This is a completely in character fight based o my reading of the OP. Well I was considering what type of story the eventual team-up after the scuffle would be. Being where power and personality come into play.
big grin

Mindship
Originally posted by Redatom65
Hulk would be better against someone like Doomsday. Silver Surfer and Supes never ends well on forum. It's gotta be Thor, even though Superman still beats him whistle I agree: Thor would be best.
And I also agree with your sig. Christopher Reeve made for a good Superman, but I still think George was the best.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Juntai
Well I was considering what type of story the eventual team-up after the scuffle would be. Being where power and personality come into play.
big grin

Tell me more of this "team up".

How would Thor help drive a story with Supes in it?

Juntai
Tell me more of this "team up".

How would Thor help drive a story with Supes in it? IT was more theoretical than something I've already played out. I think a story that would involve these two characters and either some cosmic threat, or asgardian threat of some such or another, would be kind of badass, after Supes knocked the crap out of Thor again.

Newjak
It would have to be Thor.

Silver Surfer logically should own Superman for most of their match. Hulk is just too slow. So yeah Thor should be the guy.

SpunkySmurph
I don't think people are getting that this isn't about how powerful they are. This is a completely in character fight based o my reading of the OP. That's exactly right.

People, this isn't about who would match power levels exactly, or who would win in a forum match.

What would make the best story? What would be the most epic? Which of Marvel's heavy hitters should be the one to face off against DC's flagship?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by roughrider

Now, Thor and Superman on their own - I'd actually like a four way. Thor and Beta Ray Bill teaming with Superman and Captain Marvel!

Much as I love this idea, it's pretty obvious that team DC would stomp them.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Much as I love this idea, it's pretty obvious that team DC would stomp them. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider

As Homie The Clown would say: (headslap) "I don't think so!"

Jebus reborn
Thats obviousy why in nearly every single match up the two have Surfer ends up on the losing end of the battle? ermm Never happened.

Rewmac
Thats obviousy why in nearly every single match up the two have Surfer ends up on the losing end of the battle? ermm laughing Surfer is stronger than Thor. Maybe Thor has magical abilities but the arenal Surfer has is more than enough.

Jebus reborn
Much as I love this idea, it's pretty obvious that team DC would stomp them. DC wins?
Because I thought the characters would win, not the company... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rewmac
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Never happened. Actually it did happen against warrior madness Thor.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Rewmac
Actually it did happen against warrior madness Thor. I thought he meant on the forum, plus, that wasn't under normal circumstances either.
And therefore, not usable in a normal fight between the two.

Jimmy Buggs
Hulk is supposed to be amped up right now. Lets not end this untill after WWH

His Airness
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
PIS. durfist

Call it PIS if you please, but it happened and it happened consistently.

His Airness

Your a fanboy. ermm

His Airness
Originally posted by Rewmac
laughing Surfer is stronger than Thor. Maybe Thor has magical abilities but the arenal Surfer has is more than enough.

Really? In comics that never appeared to be so. ermm

Avalonofthewind
Superman >Thor>SS/Hulk

I vote Sentry as the one to fight Supes. Thor and Hulk are too slow, SS does terrible against bricks.

Sentry is still developing and quite a bit can still be done with him.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Superman >Thor>SS/Hulk no expression

llagrok

Sarcasm retard.

His Airness
Originally posted by llagrok
Sarcasm retard.

The irony. ermm

Rewmac
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
I thought he meant on the forum, plus, that wasn't under normal circumstances either.
And therefore, not usable in a normal fight between the two. We can say not normal but there weren't any too special. Thor was bloodlusted...The funny part was where Surfer went down Beta Ray didn't.

Jimmy Buggs
I would rather see the FF4 vs Superman

Can someone link a FF4 respect thread , if there is one?

tdawg14
Superman >Thor>SS/Hulk laughing

I vote Sentry as the one to fight Supes. Thor and Hulk are too slow, SS does terrible against bricks.

Sentry is still developing and quite a bit can still be done with him.

DC would not let a SS/Superman fight happen for fear that Supes gets whooped. Thor would be the logical choice. SS does terrible against bricks. lol. Check out his fights against Hulk, Champion, Durok.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by tdawg14
DC would not let a SS/Superman fight happen for fear that Supes gets whooped. Thor would be the logical choice. SS does terrible against bricks. lol. Check out his fights against Hulk, Champion, Durok.

Check out SS performance against BP. smile

Superman already has beaten GL's and the Eradicator, who can both do anything SS can.

Juntai
Check out SS performance against BP. smile

Superman already has beaten GL's and the Eradicator, who can both do anything SS can. And other guys more powerful than that. He's seriously taken on high end cosmic threats, more near Galactus than Surfer.

Surfer has the tools to hurt Superman, that's why people give him the nod, however, tons of other characters, more and less powerful, have too. It doesn't seem to matter.

Jimmy Buggs
I didnt think you can beat superman by "hurting" him

Sin I AM
Although i am an avid Hulk fangirl, other than being Marvels Flagship Brick he should in no way battle Clark...Norrin written well is by far his superior, plus it wouldn't be an interesting read...However Thor would..plus with the right writers they should e evenly matched

roughrider
Unfortunately, there is a difference between what Superman is capable of, and what DC would allow to happen to him.

Sin I AM
which is why I see crossovers as lame reads...because no-1 wants their poster boy or girl to be beaten by the competition ...

Jimmy Buggs
I like the hulk but really enjoy his battles with superman and dont mind seeing him take a beating to supes. I really dont care about silver surfer and I dont see any reason or way he can beat superman in a battle.

D-Block
Originally posted by roughrider

That would be a hot crossover. But out of the 3 here it would have to be Thor. He and Supes could have a great battle with Thor coming out on top of course cool

NoFate007
Out of these three, I'd say Thor, but I'd recommend Sentry to fight Supes more than any of these 3.

Superman has too many powers for Hulk and Silver Surfer's got too much for Superman (for the most part) so that it wouldn't be a calculating match, but rather just a sort of punch for punch type of thing...oh and not a literal punch for punch lol.

Sentry, though, seems to be well-rounded enough for Superman so that we can see more than just an arm wrestling competition like what Supes/Hulk would be, but still some gritty "throw the guy into a building" type of stuff that you wouldn't see with SS.

Imagine when Sentry throws Clark into the sun and realizes he's doing him a favor, lol.

joesha28
Ignore the fights. Check how the story will be, esp if it gonna be a limited series. SS will be the story too cosmic, venues will be deep space. Hulk will be earth bound....controling the monster in him kinda story. Thor on de other hand will be best of both worlds. Other dimensions and earth too.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by NoFate007
Out of these three, I'd say Thor, but I'd recommend Sentry to fight Supes more than any of these 3.

Superman has too many powers for Hulk and Silver Surfer's got too much for Superman (for the most part) so that it wouldn't be a calculating match, but rather just a sort of punch for punch type of thing...oh and not a literal punch for punch lol.

Sentry, though, seems to be well-rounded enough for Superman so that we can see more than just an arm wrestling competition like what Supes/Hulk would be, but still some gritty "throw the guy into a building" type of stuff that you wouldn't see with SS.

Imagine when Sentry throws Clark into the sun and realizes he's doing him a favor, lol. Yeah, but I figured I'd go for the more traditional marvel figures if it came to a company crossover.

Meh.

FearOfBlood
Thor vs Superman

Hulk vs DD

SS vs Green Lantern

Jimmy Buggs
Im pretty sure FF4 can beat all four of them. (Not at the same time)

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Thor vs Superman

Hulk vs DD

SS vs Green Lantern

1. good match.

2. Spite. Hulk dies hard.

3. good match.

2/3. Not bad, fanboy. 131

Jimmy Buggs
Dude is SS v GL is a good match how can SS beat superman.

joesha28
Well anyway when Thor returns, it's official that he's gonna meet Iron man 1st.

His Airness
1. good match.

2. Spite. Hulk dies hard.

3. good match.

2/3. Not bad, fanboy. 131

1. Yep

2. It would be written as a good fight with Hulk most likely winning.

3. good fight

2/3. Not bad fanboy 131

His Airness
Originally posted by joesha28
Well anyway when Thor returns, it's official that he's gonna meet Iron man 1st.

where was this stated?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.