National Treasure: Book of Secrets (2007)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
Here is the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MbSZuve6LI

ragesRemorse
there is no god

alic88
The first one was average and a fun movie that need not be taken on a serious level. Now that they are going for a sequel, they are pushing it.

Strangelove
I immensely enjoyed the first film, so if this one has a solid plot, I'm in.

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Treasure:_The_Book_of_Secrets

IMDb:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0465234/

=Tired Hiker=
I'll check it out.

SnakeEyes
Meh, the first one kind of sucked I thought.

This one will probably be worse.

Barker
Diane Kruger FTW.

Wolfie
The first one's fun if you don't think about it. I wouldn't pay to see either National Treasure movies though.

Darth Vicious
"Fun" is the keyword. I thought the first one was a lot of fun. Ive watched it way too many times. Dont take it too seriously, its just a fun movie.

The Black Ghost
Its a #2...and its a Disney. Red warning lights.

I liked the first one, but then you'd think they'd at least get new characters for a second coincidential plot. But they never do.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
Its a #2...and its a Disney. Red warning lights.

I liked the first one, but then you'd think they'd at least get new characters for a second coincidential plot. But they never do.

kind of defeats the prpose of having a sequal yeah?

spencerspider
I loved the first one, second one is pushing it but I think it might end up good as well.

MildPossession
Cage, Harvey Keitel and Helen Mirren, I will be there. Still need to see the first one though...

The Black Ghost
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
kind of defeats the prpose of having a sequal yeah?

Well if they are going to make a #2 in my mind then they should come up with a totally new plot, maybe one or two old characters, like Jurrassic Park: The Lost World. I hate seeing old characters doing the same thing over and over again, and getting out of it each time. You'd think they would just ask the second time around.

History Buff
Exactly like some of you had said the first one was strictly a fun movie, nothing more or less. BTW, my wife and i were in D.C. last summer and went to the National Archives where they have the Declaration of In. and Constitution and we couldn't help what recall when they stole it in the movie.

I'll also say that the plot soulns very intriguing. The Assination of Lincoln and Confederate sympathizer Booth??? Hmmmm. I'll def. check it out.

Supreme being
It has a solid cast but it just not my kind of film, now bring on the new indiana jones film and we are talking.

edwinian
I know this thread is old, but Book of Secrets comes out this week, going to check it out Friday.

Here's the new trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nFQE0dg_3Y

Anyone else going Friday. PS- I Love Diane Kruger.

JediSamuraiMRB
This may make a lot of money

Darth Macabre
I've been looking forward to it for a while now, I can't wait for it to come out on Friday.

edwinian
I'm such a fool, I live in DC and all this past year they were filming scenes for Book of Secrets in and around the city and I didn't catch any of it, one of them was right outside my office, near the White House. Uggghhhhh... it will be cool to see familiar locales on the big screen though.

Random question but why isn't Justin Bartha in more stuff? I like that dude, think he's funny.

Discos
He is funny, more saracastic than anything. He should be pushed more for a little bit bigger roles, but hey there aint nowt wrong co-starring alongside the likes of Nicholas Cage and Jon Voight.

I seen him in that movie "failure to launch" pretty much the same role as National Treasure. He was good in that also.

anyways...this movie should rock ass, I cant believe how big a success the first movie ws (hence a sequel).

Disney seem to be on the buton when it comes to live action movies... yeah unless its crap like Hana Montana or that Hilary Duff show.

edwinian
Originally posted by Discos
He is funny, more saracastic than anything. He should be pushed more for a little bit bigger roles, but hey there aint nowt wrong co-starring alongside the likes of Nicholas Cage and Jon Voight.

I seen him in that movie "failure to launch" pretty much the same role as National Treasure. He was good in that also.

anyways...this movie should rock ass, I cant believe how big a success the first movie ws (hence a sequel).

Disney seem to be on the buton when it comes to live action movies... yeah unless its crap like Hana Montana or that Hilary Duff show.

Yeah- but those movies are for a younger audience anyway, and Book of Secrets is appealing to a wider group. I'm going to check it out today, my buddy saw a sneak peak last night and said Bartha was the highlight for him, and he's a real cynic. so Riley must be good. He also said its really fast paced which sounds right in my wheel house.

P23
i like the first one so im waiting for my contact to bring me part 2.

FistOfThe North
Might skip this one. But I'll say it looks more interesting than the first one. Even thought i missed that one too. But i really wanted to miss pt. 1.

With this one, the whole John Wilkes Booth concept does intrigues me but not enough to watch it.

SkinWalker
I saw it last night, I thought it was good. It was kind of like that last one, but more involving and did differ slightly. There is a great comedic scene for Nicholas Cage early on. Overall, it was fun.

JediSamuraiMRB
Nic Cage is poised to make another hit film. This won the week with $45.5 million and should prove to be very successful.

AbnormalButSane
I wanna see this movie. I liked the first.
But I'm afraid the second will disappoint, but that won't keep me from going to see it.

Darth Vicious
Excellent movie. Pretty good for a sequel. Im guessing page 47 is for the next film which Ill gladly watch.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Excellent movie. Pretty good for a sequel. Im guessing page 47 is for the next film which Ill gladly watch. Agreed...I'm intrigued on the whole page 47 thing.

Mr Parker
saw this film the other day.The first film was awesome.Loved it.probably the best film of the year.This one wasnt as good as the first one but still a good flick though.better than most movies made this year.

JackieCD
Never seen the first and won't be watching this one. What is so great about it?

SpaceMonkey
Very good movie. It was very entertaining. No Oscar-worthiness here(then again, that award is meaningless now), but worth the price and I think it does the first one justice. It's somewhat educational as wel as entertaining... B+.

soundtrackgeek
i loved the first one, and I'm definitively going to see this one. I got hold of the movie score recently and it blew me away. If the movie is half as good as the score, we have a winner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.