The Prophecy is taking a Break! Are you tired of me?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy

SpunkySmurph
I thought of a way to work around your name problem (because, frankly, nobody likes Qezel. It's too... exotic?).

You shold make that his birth name. But you said he starts off as a mid-meta-ish.

So have him known as something else, to the people. A cooler, more memorable name. Something more identifiable. You think people would have bought Superman if they had called him Kal-el?

The Prophecy
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I thought of a way to work around your name problem (because, frankly, nobody likes Qezel. It's too... exotic?).

You shold make that his birth name. But you said he starts off as a mid-meta-ish.

So have him known as something else, to the people. A cooler, more memorable name. Something more identifiable. You think people would have bought Superman if they had called him Kal-el?

hmmmmm! Good point!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph

So have him known as something else, to the people. A cooler, more memorable name. Something more identifiable. You think people would have bought Superman if they had called him Kal-el? By exotic do you happen to mean phonetically crappy. Kal-El at least has a good ring to it.

Oh and FYI a registered trademark requires an approximate $300 to file the application alone, that's just the US though. You can't just put TM at the end of it. To do so worldwide would cost several thousand dollars. And copyright is nonexistent since you've released everything into the public domain, and thus have no way to prove other things are derivative. Additionally as already pointed out you yourself probably violate multiple copyrights.

Creshosk
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
By exotic do you happen to mean phonetically crappy. Kal-El at least has a good ring to it.

Oh and FYI a registered trademark requires an approximate $300 to file the application alone, that's just the US though. You can't just put TM at the end of it. To do so worldwide would cost several thousand dollars. And copyright is nonexistent since you've released everything into the public domain, and thus have no way to prove other things are derivative. Additionally as already pointed out you yourself probably violate multiple copyrights. ~$250-275 and that covers all characters attached to the property.. and I think it gets covered by the berne convention internationally... that part I'm going to have to look up to double check.

Mindship
http://www.copyright.gov/

The Prophecy
By exotic do you happen to mean phonetically crappy. Kal-El at least has a good ring to it.

Oh and FYI a registered trademark requires an approximate $300 to file the application alone, that's just the US though. You can't just put TM at the end of it. To do so worldwide would cost several thousand dollars. And copyright is nonexistent since you've released everything into the public domain, and thus have no way to prove other things are derivative. Additionally as already pointed out you yourself probably violate multiple copyrights.

Yes of course, and like I mentioned before and I'm going to say again I am starting over. I have no posted any pictures of my exact chracter just only his crest. I have not posted any of the characters besides Lucifer and God etc. I have not stated any other information beyond that.Therefore I hae not released evrything here. My previous threads from a year ago and form some of my other heroes I have had them deleted.Also how exactly are you pronouncing Qezel(Qa-Zel)?So instead of critizizing it you can at least tell me how to improve it. I wish people woud stop being so ignorant an tell me how to improve things instead of degrading me. That why I have posted numerous threads FOR HELP!But all I get is "you character sucks",or "that name sounds crappy", however I do get some good remarks. I jusr wish peple would give a reason why they feel the way they do so that I can improve and learn from my mistakes.

The Prophecy
Oh yeah I have the copyright thing ready,I've always have. I'm just trying to get help from people without them dissolving one of my goals.

DARK_GAZER
Yeah I noticed how ignorant people can be on these forums. All this guy is asking for is help.

Darth Vicious

The Prophecy
I understand. smile

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Yes of course, and like I mentioned before and I'm going to say again I am starting over. I have no posted any pictures of my exact chracter just only his crest. I have not posted any of the characters besides Lucifer and God etc. I have not stated any other information beyond that.Therefore I hae not released evrything here. My previous threads from a year ago and form some of my other heroes I have had them deleted.Also how exactly are you pronouncing Qezel(Qa-Zel)?So instead of critizizing it you can at least tell me how to improve it. I wish people woud stop being so ignorant an tell me how to improve things instead of degrading me. That why I have posted numerous threads FOR HELP!But all I get is "you character sucks",or "that name sounds crappy", however I do get some good remarks. I jusr wish peple would give a reason why they feel the way they do so that I can improve and learn from my mistakes. I don't feel any need to offer constructive feedback when I have no equity in the creation. The reason you receive criticism is because of numerous threads of the exact same thing, of which no one particularly cares, nor has reason to care i.e. spam.

So in answer to this thread's question: Yes, only a few people could be bothered humoring you in the first place.

The Prophecy
I don't feel any need to offer constructive feedback when I have no equity in the creation. The reason you receive criticism is because of numerous threads of the exact same thing, of which no one particularly cares, nor has reason to care i.e. spam.

So in answer to this thread's question: Yes, only a few people could be bothered humoring you in the first place.

I SAID I WAS STARTING OVER THEREFORE I NEED ADVICE ON WHAT NOT TO DO AND TO DO.So why are you steady degrading me. Very ignorant. I've admitted to the numerous threads.I'm only trying to pursue a goal. So if you don't want to help then leave me the HELL ALONE. You and some others may not care but there are still people that do. I'm trying to be nice but people are pushing me to far. I'm also trying to adjust to my audience so that I can satisfy them and myself. I dont see the problem in that. Look, all I'm trying to say is I need help. I dont mean to spam or be annoying whatever you call i.I'm just trying to reach a goal. Like anyone else would. I have many years to prepare. I'm still in high school.

DARK_GAZER
I don't feel any need to offer constructive feedback when I have no equity in the creation. The reason you receive criticism is because of numerous threads of the exact same thing, of which no one particularly cares, nor has reason to care i.e. spam.

Your such an a**hole! Leave the kid alone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.