My idea for a character vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Name: Draugar (old norse for ghost) or White Wolf

Origin: Draugar comes from a race of Wakandan mutants (distantly related to storms people) who for centuries have been hunted down and killed. Draugar belongs to a family of refugees who fled Wakanda. Eventually they were tracked down and his whole family were killed and he was stripped of his powers and imprisoned.

While imprisoned he learnt some MA skills and the power of meditation from a fellow prisoner. Eventually he used his powers to escape but eventually ended up dying from starvation and exposure to the elements. Little did he know that he died on ground that was sacred to mythological beings who revived him.

Draugar is now undead and is out to seek revenge and those who made him suffer.

Powers: Draugar is an undead with MA skills with the power to turn himself into a werewolf he has three stage.

Stage 1
Human form Shang Chi level fightings skills. Senses like DD through meditation can sense "vibrations". Hes physical stats are at the absolute pinnacle. Because he is undead cant be killed by conventional means but of course can be Koed.

Stage 2 Starts to look more werewolf. Fangs grow and claws grow. Can channel his chi to his hands to do chi punches or his claws. Strength level reaches 2 tons and now has superhuman reflexes.

Stage 3 ooooooohhhhh ***** GOES BESERK bcomes a proper werewolf (white in colour) Strength level is 10 tons. Chi gives him Luke Cage durability. The amount of chi channeled to his hands has increased. If he uses this form he blacks out after use.

The Prophecy
Wooww sounds dark and creepy! sad ........I LIKE IT cool thumb up
I would propbably have to give the battle to Draugarbecause he's has a high strength and durabilty level. I dont know if I missed but, how good is hos reflexes?

golem370
He would give Wolverine a great fight with a good chance of winning.

Alfheim
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Wooww sounds dark and creepy! sad ........I LIKE IT cool thumb up
I would propbably have to give the battle to Draugarâ„¢ because he's has a high strength and durabilty level. I dont know if I missed but, how good is hos reflexes?

Well at stage 1 hes like Cap absolute pinnacle.

Stage 2 superhuman

Stage 3 hes a BEAST. Its hard to quantfiy reflexes, its not like strength levels. sad

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well at stage 1 hes like Cap absolute pinnacle.

Stage 2 superhuman

Stage 3 hes a BEAST. Its hard to quantfiy reflexes, its not like strength levels. sad

Ok I see. Well I'll still hav eto give it to this guy!

Alfheim
Personality:

Also whats interesting hes kind of like an anti-black panther. Hes feels betrayed by the human race in general but especially by Wakandans and is gunning for them.

he lives in a mystical land which is like a White wakanda where the people are highly advanced in magic but not tech.

Hes not a sell out, its just coincedence that he was adopted by these people but feels bitter that his own people did not protect him.

Ok I see. Well I'll still hav eto give it to this guy!

he might be too powerful. He can change to level 2 with minmum fuss, he can do it while fighting. Stage 3 is a bit harder and he would at least have to stand still and could get attacked in the process, if he succeeds though...whooooa boy!

srankmissingnin
Can he regenerate lost limbs because he doesn't really have any options for turning Wolverine's claws. If he loses an arm/leg/head he is pretty ****ed.

Anyway he is kind of a jumbled mess of a character. An undead who can use chi (life energy) seems pretty contradictory and on top of that he is a werewolf... weird. But I like werewolves and I like undead and I like Shang Chi, soooooooo.... nice work?

golem370
They only thing about fighting Wolverine is the claws

The Prophecy
Personality:

Also whats interesting hes kind of like an anti-black panther. Hes feels betrayed by the human race in general but especially by Wakandans and is gunning for them.

he lives in a mystical land which is like a White wakanda where the people are highly advanced in magic but not tech.

Hes not a sell out, its just coincedence that he was adopted by these people but feels bitter that his own people did not protect him.

he might be too powerful. He can change to level 2 with minmum fuss, he can do it while fighting. Stage 3 is a bit harder and he would at least have to stand still and could get attacked in the process, if he succeeds though...whooooa boy!
What are his weaknesses?

Alfheim
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Can he regenerate lost limbs because he doesn't really have any options for turning Wolverine's claws. If he loses an arm/leg/head he is pretty ****ed.

Yeah but at his skill level its not like thats gonna happen stright away.

Anyway he is kind of a jumbled mess of a character. An undead who can use chi (life energy)

Not true actually. If you look at meditation the nearer you are to a state of death the more energy you get. Furethermore this is how odin got his powers in Norse lore he meditated to a state where he died.

seems pretty contradictory and on top of that he is a werewolf... weird. But I like werewolves and I like undead and I like Shang Chi, soooooooo.... nice work?

Well I like goth and martial arts so you can see where I got the inspiration. Furthermore it also comes from my understanding of meditation in Norse lore and theory in general.

Alfheim
Originally posted by golem370
They only thing about fighting Wolverine is the claws

Yeah but his chi claws are pretty tough as well. Its like a combination of IFs Iron Fist and but with edged damage.

What are his weaknesses?

Silver. Reilgous artifacts weilded by a hostile force.

guy222
Yeah but his chi claws are pretty tough as well. Its like a combination of IFs Iron Fist and but with edged damage.

Howlett's healing factor

The Prophecy

Silver? Uh oh! confused I think the Silver Surfer can easily take this one,unless this is applied to all his levels.

Alfheim
Originally posted by guy222
Howlett's healing factor

Yeah but if my character reaches level 2 im givging him the win. he has class 2 strength. IFs claws superhuman reflexes and Shang Chi level martial arts boosted by his stats. Ok he has a healing factor but not as powerful as Wolverine. At level 2 its about a quarter better than the average undead.

Silver? Uh oh! confused I think the Silver Surfer can easily take this one,unless this is applied to all his levels.

Silver Sufer is well out of his leauge. Anyway I dont think SS is actually made of real silver.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by guy222
Howlett's healing factor

It really doesn't matter in this fight because this guy is undead.

srankmissingnin
Yeah but if my character reaches level 2 im givging him the win. he has class 2 strength. IFs claws superhuman reflexes and Shang Chi level martial arts boosted by his stats. Ok he has a healing factor but not as powerful as Wolverine. At level 2 its about a quarter better than the average undead.

... and which part of that is too much for Wolverine?

Wolverine himself is around the two ton range, with superhuman speed/reflexes and above Shang Chi level martial arts abilities.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Caps Conscience

he can be KOed and can still feel pain. If he gets beheaded he will die.

srankmissingnin
Not true actually. If you look at meditation the nearer you are to a state of death the more energy you get. Furethermore this is how odin got his powers in Norse lore he meditated to a state where he died.

I don't know anything about Norse mythology... embarrasment

But it seems to me that chi is life energy and if you are dead... it stands to reason you have exhausted your life energy. confused

Alfheim
... and which part of that is too much for Wolverine?

Wolverine himself is around the two ton range, with superhuman speed/reflexes and above Shang Chi level martial arts abilities.

Well he has enhanced speed to be accurate....the chi also can really **** up his healing factor because the damage isnt purely physical so it would be alot harder to heal.

When I said he had superhuman reflexes I intended it to be above enhanced.

I don't know anything about Norse mythology... embarrasment

There is an incidence in Norse mythology were Odin hangs himself from the world tree for nine days. The myth has been intepreted in that through meditation he reached a highier level and became undead.

But it seems to me that chi is life energy and if you are dead... it stands to reason you have exhausted your life energy. confused

You see this is the thing from personal experience when I meditate the more "dead" i am the more energy I feel. People have even stated that I look like a corpse. Even in Tai Chi they state that in order to gain more power you need to get into a "dead" like state. Some comic characters are based on this principle.

You know Gouki from street fighter? Gouki means Gou= Dead Ki = Energy. The name implies that death is a different form of life.

Symmetric Chaos
Furethermore this is how odin got his powers in Norse lore he meditated to a state where he died

IIRC he hung himself from Ygdrassil until he gained wisdom. Then he gave his eye to Yimr.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
IIRC he hung himself from Ygdrassil until he gained wisdom.

That is intepreted as meditation. Its symbolic. Hanging is a suspended state physically which symbolically represents the suspended state of meditation.

Symmetric Chaos
That is intepreted as meditation. Its symbolic. Hanging is a suspended state physically which symbolically represents the suspended state of meditation.

hmm

And the part where he voluntarily rips out his eye and gives it to Ymir in order to gain knowledege? What does that symbolise? (other than sacrifice and foresight)

Alfheim
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
hmm

And the part where he voluntarily rips out his eye and gives it to Ymir in order to gain knowledege? What does that symbolise? (other than sacrifice and foresight)

That simply means that if you want knowledge you have to make sacrifices. It also representative of Odins nature its is contradictory. He is undead but still "walks" around. He is an old man but he is a womaniser. He is one eye but can see everything.

Alfheim
Alos SC bare in mind that it decribes in Havamal in more detail what happened when he hung himself from the world tree. It states that he had visions and this is what happens when you go into deep meditation.

guy222
Originally posted by Caps Conscience

Ok

Mindship
Name: Draugar (old norse for ghost) or White Wolf

Cool name. Nicely done. Origin has my interest (and generally, I'm not prone to magical or fantasy-type creatures).

To address the thread question: Wolverine's biggest asset is his healing factor. I see this as a fight where neither can do permanent/significant damage to the other, with Draugar being too fast, and Wolverine being too resilient.

Would be a good fight.

Badabing

Anyway he is kind of a jumbled mess of a character. An undead who can use chi (life energy) seems pretty contradictory and on top of that he is a werewolf... weird. But I like werewolves and I like undead and I like Shang Chi, soooooooo.... nice work? Yeah, comics are NEVER contradictory. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Anyway, stage 3 beats Logan imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.