Annihilus vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos

vs.

Annihilus w/Quantum Bands

starlock
Thanos

Annihilus was a plot for his own sake,to fuel the series

norrinradd43
Thanos kills annihillus in 3 seconds

guy222
Originally posted by starlock
Thanos

Annihilus was a plot for his own sake,to fuel the series

The Living Death that Walks FTW

LORDSIDIOUS01
Wasn't Thanos afraid of him recently in the Annihilation comcs?

Mider999
he had a major power up thats for sure.

He beat up on nova and quasar like nothing then killed quasar and took his gauntlets beside that he fought nova when nova after he became uber nova.

llagrok
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Wasn't Thanos afraid of him recently in the Annihilation comcs?

He was I think. Didn't Thanos mention that Annihilus had become too powerful for him to beat, and he had to release the only one who could, Galactus.

norrinradd43
he never said that, it was the annihilation wave that got out of control thats whythey needed galactus thanos could have killed annihilus at any time but the wave was too much for thanos alone

llagrok
Originally posted by norrinradd43
he never said that, it was the annihilation wave that got out of control thats whythey needed galactus thanos could have killed annihilus at any time but the wave was too much for thanos alone

Riiiight.

Thanos could've made himself disappear from the Wave's radar easily.

the Darkone
Thanos has fought more powerful beings than Annihilus, it would be a walk in a park for thanos to battle Annihilus. The wave was out of control , Thanos never feared Annihilus at all anything else would be speculation.

llagrok
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos has fought more powerful beings than Annihilus, it would be a walk in a park for thanos to battle Annihilus. The wave was out of control , Thanos never feared Annihilus at all anything else would be speculation.

Annihilus w/ Quantum bands was too much for him.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/2nhp5a9.jpg

norrinradd43
that pic of drax proves nothing...drax was scientifically created to be able to kill thanos, it is common knowledge that thanos' weakness was potentially Drax. Thanos was the mastermind behind the annihilation wave anyway....he was allowing it all to happen and was going to stop it when it got out of hand...he held all the cards the whole time

guy222
that pic of drax proves nothing...drax was scientifically created to be able to kill thanos, it is common knowledge that thanos' weakness was potentially Drax. Thanos was the mastermind behind the annihilation wave anyway....he was allowing it all to happen and was going to stop it when it got out of hand...he held all the cards the whole time

Right

Thanos feared Galactus' retribution

Teh Big G most impressive feat was when he yelled

laughing out loud

Lord Annihilus knows Death

the Darkone

thumb up exactly, Drax is Kryptonite to Thanos and this time it killed him for now, Annihilus never fought Thanos if he did he would have gotten embarrse even with the quatum bands. Thanos has fought beings with more raw power than Annihilus, Rot, Galactus, Omega,Tyrant, Odin, The Maker, Silver Surfer etc Thanos planes things out all the time. What does annihilus have over Thanos it's sure ass hellain't intelligence, power and might.

norrinradd43
"ANNIHILLUS...KNOW ME...KNOW FEAR..." I think that is what galactus said exactly

guy222
"ANNIHILLUS...KNOW ME...KNOW FEAR..." I think that is what galactus said exactly

That even shook me big grin

norrinradd43
I know what ur saying lol

mykke
Thanos easily, not even a contest

Jebus reborn
I don't think Thanos can win easily, nor am I even sure of this battle either.
Probably give the edge to Thanos, but some people in this thread, know nothing of either character...

Also, Thanos shut Annihilus up, in the mothership, and when Annihilus had a whole army at his hand... so, ya...

Mider999
give me a break you all buy that drax bull explenation, if he was like that for thanos why didnt he kill him when he was more powerful with the ability to fly and etc etc.

Annihilus was powered up so i dont know if thanos could have killed him, DID thanos state he could kill him any time.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Mider999
give me a break you all buy that drax bull explenation, if he was like that for thanos why didnt he kill him when he was more powerful with the ability to fly and etc etc.
Because Drax has never got that clean of a cheapshot before, and he's never glown.
If it was an actual fight, Drax would have gotten one-shotted like his other 5 or so fights.

TricksterPriest

Annihilus was powered up so i dont know if thanos could have killed him, DID thanos state he could kill him any time.

Mider, do you not understand the concept of PIS? no Drax got WTFPWNed every other time he's tried to kill Thanos. This time, he backstabbed him with a glowing hand o' doom thing.

Annihilus was powered up. But I believe Thanos could take him. Bringing down the Wave solo, now that is beyond Thanos's capabilities.

Mider999
the drax thing was PIS

i cant judge annihilus losing or winning we dont know his power set

llagrok
KNOW ME ANNIHILUS. KNOW ME AND KNOW FEAR!

That one scared me out of my SS boxers.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by llagrok
KNOW ME ANNIHILUS. KNOW ME AND KNOW FEAR!

That one scared me out of my SS boxers.

You have Silver Surfer boxers? ninja

llagrok
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
You have Silver Surfer boxers? ninja

They're being washed as we speak.

I'll get a picture tomorrow! Happy Dance

norrinradd43
how is it pis that Drax did what he was ment to do, all he needed was that clean of a shot at him which he finally got and he took it, hell thanos may have even allowed it

boriquaking55
thanos was never afraid of Annihilus - if anything he constantly disrespected him throughout that series with smark remarks. C'mon lets get real, Thanos isn't afraid of much of anything anyways.

norrinradd43
Thanos has screwed over beings like Mephisto without blinking an eye, that being said he was never sweating annihilus

Mider999
mephesto vs thanos mephesto would womp his butt.

Jebus reborn
mephesto vs thanos mephesto would womp his butt. Thor, Surfer, Adam Warlock, etc, have all beaten Meph in his own realm...

norrinradd43
Mephisto beating thanos, come on now Thanos is too smart to ever fall for the only way mephisto can truly beat anybody, he has proven this more than once

quanchi112
first off annilhilus had the troops thanos had the mind and without thanos he would have never gotten galactus or known anything about the power cosmic anywho the question is who is mightier and to post a a pic up of drx CHEAPSHOTTING thanos is sickeneing to use that in any argument dude uh it was a cheapshot and a plot device where he can now kill thanos... back to the question thanos would beat him even in his upgrade , annihilus was beefed up for story but thanos needs no beefing up becuz he is badass all the time

Wally West
Drax got different abilities each time he was ressurrected, his powers evolved, this current Drax is the only one with the 'kryptonite' effect.

Hasn't Annihilus had a confrontation with Odin before? I don't think he did as well as Thanos did against him.

quanchi112
annihilus started as a fantastic four villain meaning he wasnt the bad ass he is today. even with his major upgrade i believe thanos would still take him as annihilus didnt prove anything against someone like the silver surfer whom thanos has owned every time they fought. annihilus beat the putz quasar which doesnt mean hes that bad ass and fought a nova who just got his powers. annihilus is powerful yes but thanos is well thanos of titan aka baddest motherfreaker in the universe

Estacado
Didn't Moondragon call Drax an idiot after he killed Thanos cause he was the guy who had the power to beat Annihilus?

basilisk
Originally posted by Estacado
Didn't Moondragon call Drax an idiot after he killed Thanos cause he was the guy who had the power to beat Annihilus?

I'm wondering if she just meant beat Annihilus overall - Annihilus, and the wave etc, - stop his entire plan. Not just Annihilus as an individual.

basilisk
Annihilus was way badder in this series than I ever remember him. Have to say I was annoyed that he killed Quasar and I think any other appearance Quasar could have taken him. Same for the newly powered Nova. Maybe original Quasar will come back some day, since any Starbrand wielder can't really die and he's come back before.

But despite the unexplained power-ups (or were they explained somewhere?) I still think Thanos could take Annihilus down one-on-one having survived against Tyrant, Odin etc.

quanchi112
i concur 100 percent basilisk
tyrant could piss away annihilus if he held it in for a while

Tenebrous

Moondragon called her pop an idiot because Thanos was the only one who could free Galactus, who in turn was the only one who could stop annihilus.

Originally posted by basilisk
I'm wondering if she just meant beat Annihilus overall - Annihilus, and the wave etc, - stop his entire plan. Not just Annihilus as an individual.

When Thanos has moondragon use telepathy to scan annihilus' thoughts, thanos starts shitting bricks because he realizes that annihilus plans to turn Galactus into a bomb to destroy the negative zone as well as the marvel universe proper. At that point, Thanos pretty much confirms that he's powerless to stop annihilus at this point, and that the only way to avert total disaster was to free Galactus.

That's why Thanos doesn't even turn around or blink an eye as drax is approaching him. People complain that Thanos was cheap-shotted by drax, but you have to remember that Thanos wasn't even trying to fully defend himself. He was so concerned about freeing Galactus before Annihilus would find out his betrayal that all he did was put up a force-field as an after-thought while he tried to free big G. Drax, growing more powerful as he grew closer to Thanos, ripped through everything and killed thanos before Big G was freed. That's why moondragon was lamenting and telling drax that he had just doomed them all, as thanos was the only one who could free big G.

and two issues later big G makes a gesture and obliterates annihilus' wave. nearly annihilus himself as well.

llagrok

Stop, not beat I believe. Many people could beat Annihilus, but I doubt anyone could stop the annihilation wave.

Tenebrous
Originally posted by llagrok
Stop, not beat I believe. Many people could beat Annihilus, but I doubt anyone could stop the annihilation wave.

From the old Annihilation thread:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p105/Manjaro_/Annihilation5004.jpg

she's calling him an idiot because he prevented thanos from freeing galactus.

the Darkone
Thanos could have punk'ed Annihilus anytime he wanted too even if he had the quantum bands, Adam Warlock stated that Thanos full potential has never been seen, if they would have fought instead of Nova, Annihilus would have gotten obliterated. Basically Thanos told Annihilus you ain't shit, in other words Thanos would have raped Annihilus in front of his troops.

FearOfBlood
Annuhilus for the majority.

the Darkone
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Annuhilus for the majority.

laughing laughing laughing , and i am the Black Superman.

quanchi112
thanos has fought way tougher opponents than annihilus and been the centerpiece to way more cosmic universe changing storylines. they amped up annihilus for this but he would go down to thanos amped or not.

guy222
Originally posted by quanchi112
thanos has fought way tougher opponents than annihilus and been the centerpiece to way more cosmic universe changing storylines. they amped up annihilus for this but he would go down to thanos amped or not.

thanos falls

living death that walks wins

they share a bond, both know death

quanchi112
how could annihilus beat him annihilus got his jaw ripped open by nova a hero still unproven thanos owns the silver surfer who would own nova.

guy222
how could annihilus beat him annihilus got his jaw ripped open by nova a hero still unproven thanos owns the silver surfer who would own nova.

the wave did a lot

nova did stop the bug

he will return

thanos feared teh big g's rage

big g yelled, that was impressive laughing out loud

boriquaking55
This is an interesting matchup considering that circumstances that surrounded Annihilation. Classic Annihilus was never that powerful (in fact he was merely mid-tier) and before Annihilation would have never been considered a real threat to a being such as Thanos. However, Annihilus was considerably powered-up for Annihilation, and was apparently powerful enough to withstand an upfront assault from two heralds and kill one of them with relative ease. I have no doubt that Thanos, in theory, could do the same - but it really bugged me that there was never any sort of explanation for the powerup, the series even failed to touch on the subject. Something tells me that with the upgrade, Annihilus had just enough power to dissuade Thanos from trying to usurp him and take control. Also, Thanos did seem a bit watered down in Annihilation, without his defense/tech up he seemed very vulnerable to Moondragon's telepathic attack (annihilation #4) - something that was uncharacteristic considering the way he has handled psi attacks in the past.

Annihilus 6/10. Thanos could get majority if Annihilus fights stupid, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt

quanchi112
dude in annihilus powered up story he got his jaw ripped out. thanos died in this story becuz all of a sudden this writer says drax can kill him and he cheapshotted him in one of the biggest cheapshots ever.

boriquaking55
dude in annihilus powered up story he got his jaw ripped out. thanos died in this story becuz all of a sudden this writer says drax can kill him and he cheapshotted him in one of the biggest cheapshots ever.

I thought about that too but the way he just ate Quasar got me thinking he had to have been way powered-up. Classic Ani would have never been able to pull something like that off. Add in the Quantum Bands and he was a force. IIRC, Annihilus survived the huge Galactus explosion pretty much unscathed also. (the one that destroyed the fleet) The throat rip is something that's open to speculation, as we don't know just how powerful the current Nova is with the full Novaforce.

Tenebrous

well you have to remember that the nova that beat him possessed the entire nova corps at his power, so that's a pretty big fukkin upgrade.

it was basically regular nova + (the worldmind + the entire Nova force)

vs.

regular annihilus + ("upgraded power" cosmic control rod + the quantum bands of Quasar)

and nova was still losing. this is after annihilus survived galactus' blast at point blank range, and was weaker as a result.

quanchi112
i understand all of this but nova was still unexperienced with his new powers no matter how powerful down the line he becomes with his powers. i still dont see nova beating silver surfer one on one nor can i see this annihilus beating thanos either. whether annihilus is amped or not thanos just has to be normal thanos to get the w and he would get the w.

the Darkone
i understand all of this but nova was still unexperienced with his new powers no matter how powerful down the line he becomes with his powers. i still dont see nova beating silver surfer one on one nor can i see this annihilus beating thanos either. whether annihilus is amped or not thanos just has to be normal thanos to get the w and he would get the w.

thumb up

the Darkone
Thanos punked The Maker a (cube being), Odin, Tyrant, Silver Surfer, Warrior Madness Thor w/power gem, In-Betweener, The Collector, The Champion, The Fallen, etc Annihilus would get a$$ raped, Thanos was disrespecting Annihilus every chance he got, if Thanos wanted to take out Annihilus he could've, Thanos is one of the smartest beings in the universe.

quanchi112
i concur dark one

redhotrash
I have to agree with the majority here. How did Nova beat Annihilus? Now picture in your mind Thanos doing the same exact thing. Does it seem like a stretch? As for Drax killing him, he might as well have ripped his heart out while Thanos was sleeping. Wouldve been equally as cheap. This is the equivilant of giving Stiltman kryptonite and catching Clark right after a fight with Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by redhotrash
I have to agree with the majority here. How did Nova beat Annihilus? Now picture in your mind Thanos doing the same exact thing. Does it seem like a stretch? As for Drax killing him, he might as well have ripped his heart out while Thanos was sleeping. Wouldve been equally as cheap. This is the equivilant of giving Stiltman kryptonite and catching Clark right after a fight with Darkseid. exactly when thanos dies its always due to crazy cheapness. the first time he was killed by a ghost. aghost of the man he killed earlier what does he have to do to catch a break erase u from existence. that was cheap and then the 2nd time he was even engaging and had his back turned and drax changed for this fight his whole character and also has the ability to kill thanos where his body has the strange aura. thanos would have bent nova over and beat him good. thanos owns silver surfer. while nova stil young beats annihilus and tears his jaw open.

redhotrash
Kinda odd, Captain America dies and hes on the evening news. Thanos dies and even hardcore comicbook fans arent aware of it.

starlock
Originally posted by basilisk
Annihilus was way badder in this series than I ever remember him. Have to say I was annoyed that he killed Quasar and I think any other appearance Quasar could have taken him. Same for the newly powered Nova. Maybe original Quasar will come back some day, since any Starbrand wielder can't really die and he's come back before.

But despite the unexplained power-ups (or were they explained somewhere?) I still think Thanos could take Annihilus down one-on-one having survived against Tyrant, Odin etc.
thumb up

CaptainStoic
Thanos

Mr. Slippyfist
I don't know what comics everyone else didn't read (well... I do), but Annihilus was always pretty f*cking powerful.

He just didn't go killing heroes before, but he has killed off a herd of Blastaar's race armed to the tooth with one shot before.

lannfear
thanos ftw

quanchi112
Thanos crushes him.

lannfear
a weakened Odin defeated Annihilus so easily it wasn't funny......Thanos took some good shots by Odin in Asguard, and wasn't down and out for the count.....
thanos ftw
eek!

the Darkone
bump

Black bolt z
Thanos takes this.Annihilus is strong but thanos is stronger.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos but Annihilus would put up a fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by Blanket
Because Drax has never got that clean of a cheapshot before, and he's never glown.
If it was an actual fight, Drax would have gotten one-shotted like his other 5 or so fights.

Probably. Unless the glowy thing also makes him immune to all of Thanos's attacks and weakens him like Kryptonite.

Cheap shot or no, he did peel apart the shield like nothing. Even Thanos couldn't believe it.

And Thanos wins the fight here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos but Annihilus would put up a fight. Based on?

cdtm
Based on?

Surviving Galactus's wave attack?

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
Surviving Galactus's wave attack? Who did it really even kill?

Thanos survived a blast aimed directly over top Thanos' head not just omniblast.

brownqk

That was PIS and some sort of sequel set up. There's no real reason Annihilus should have survived a 3 star system plus destroying blast like that.

D_Dude1210
Annihilus = The Living Death that Walks.

Thanos = Death loving purple giant.

Thanos helped Annihilus to get a piece of that @$$? :O

If that series ended the way Thanos wanted, it would be:

Annihilus = The Living Death that Walks with a slight limp...

/gasp

Nihilist
Thanos wins, but its a decent fight

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins, but its a decent fight This

Johnny Sorrow

It drained his personal shields, plus he had the Quantum Bands for support.

cdtm
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
It drained his personal shields, plus he had the Quantum Bands for support.

Yes, and Annihilus has the bands for this fight. And I still think Thanos will win this.

But surviving the attack is a good enough reason for Thanos having to work at it, imo.

Can't really see Annihilus doing anything to hurt Thanos though, while at worst Thanos will think of the same strategy Nova used.

Could go either way.

Yes, and Annihilus has the bands for this fight. And I still think Thanos will win this.

But surviving the attack is a good enough reason for Thanos having to work at it, imo.

Can't really see Annihilus doing anything to hurt Thanos though, while at worst Thanos will think of the same strategy Nova used. But nova only succeded because A had been weakned by G

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
Could go either way. Based on what? His showings are nowhere near Thanos'.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Annihilus puts up a decent fight, but he isn't defeating Thanos. Let's be serious here people.

psycho gundam
thanos has fought way tougher opponents than annihilus and been the centerpiece to way more cosmic universe changing storylines. they amped up annihilus for this but he would go down to thanos amped or not. that's "superman wins" logic

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's "superman wins" logic This is a much earlier post of mine. Thanos is smarter, more powerful, more durable, and stronger so he stomps him.

Black bolt z
Not stomp but win.Probably 7-8/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Not stomp but win.Probably 7-8/10 Annihilus has no showings to suggest he take a single win.

Black bolt z
Annihilus has no showings to suggest he take a single win. Being uber strong...

quanchi112
Being uber strong... What showings suggest he's uber strong?

Estacado
Thanos 10/10

bbrem123
thanos rapes him all day long

cdtm
Being uber strong...

What he did to Quasar was pretty baddass.

I think his outer shell + shields amped by the quantum bands can stand up to direct attacks from Thanos for awhile.. I'm just not sure Annihilus will do more than annoy him with his attacks.

Thanos has the weight of history on his side here, as opposed to Annihilus only having Annihilation, and really nothing on the level of Thanos's high end feats.

Power Cosmic II
What he did to Quasar was pretty baddass.

I think his outer shell + shields amped by the quantum bands can stand up to direct attacks from Thanos for awhile.. I'm just not sure Annihilus will do more than annoy him with his attacks.

Thanos has the weight of history on his side here, as opposed to Annihilus only having Annihilation, and really nothing on the level of Thanos's high end feats.

Good post^ sums up pretty much all rational points.

Gecko4lif
Thanos is weak to peircing

Bug boy could defiantly take it

the Darkone
Thanos takes his life force.

the ninjak
There is a reason Annihilus summoned Thanos' company and alliance when he invaded.

the Darkone
bump

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

dmills
I see Annihilus ending up like Lord Mar-vell.

carver9
Thanos stomps.

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
There is a reason Annihilus summoned Thanos' company and alliance when he invaded.

And now he's more durable and stronger + can't die.

Stomp.

Power Cosmic II
Current Thanos.

Though ironically, if Annihilation were happening now instead of 5 years ago, and we used current Thanos instead of Giffen Thanos, then Annihilus and Thanos WOULD come to blows since Thanos represents everything Annihilus does not want (a being aside from himself who lives forever due to being un-killable)

the Darkone
bump

the Darkone
bump

ThereIsHope
Isnt Annihlus unkillable?

the Darkone
Originally posted by ThereIsHope
Isnt Annihlus unkillable?

No in a sense, he can be killed it just a new hatchling will take his place with the same abilities. He is still below Thanos regardless if he has quantum bands or not, Thanos was his superior!

ThereIsHope
Not anymore smile

the Darkone
Not anymore smile

Thanos is still Annhilus superior, Thanos rapes him hard

ThereIsHope
Nope, not anymore. I think that Annilhus would have an easy go at an avengers team. Unless he got depowered gah. I need to pick up Hickmans FF and Fantastic Four run, but then again, who cant the FF beat?

the Darkone
Nope, not anymore. I think that Annilhus would have an easy go at an avengers team. Unless he got depowered gah. I need to pick up Hickmans FF and Fantastic Four run, but then again, who cant the FF beat?

Uh.. Thanos is still more powerful than Annhilus and that's fact. During annihilation Thanos was punking him in front his troops. Thanos by feats and statements is superior, it took four teams too slow him down, Annhilus isn't even in Thanos league, Annhilus is low level herald as Thanos is mid to high trans!

Ash_J_Williams
I agree that Thanos takes this, but there's no way in hell that Annihilus with Q-bands is only low herald.

Estacado
Thermos.

ThereIsHope
If you say so, I didnt see any fighting between Thanos and Annihlus. So i dont know what you mean by punking.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Ash_J_Williams
I agree that Thanos takes this, but there's no way in hell that Annihilus with Q-bands is only low herald.

Annihlus is low Herald without Q-band, and he is high herald with them. Thanos is mid to high trans, sorry for the misunderstanding.

the Darkone
If you say so, I didnt see any fighting between Thanos and Annihlus. So i dont know what you mean by punking.

Thanos was verbally punking Annhilus, even in front of his troops. Thanos at his best will squas the bug, Qbands won't help Annihlus at all, he's not strong enough or powerful enough to beat Thanos.

Tony Stark
annihilus started as a fantastic four villain meaning he wasnt the bad ass he is today. even with his major upgrade i believe thanos would still take him as annihilus didnt prove anything against someone like the silver surfer whom thanos has owned every time they fought. annihilus beat the putz quasar which doesnt mean hes that bad ass and fought a nova who just got his powers. annihilus is powerful yes but thanos is well thanos of titan aka baddest motherfreaker in the universe

confused

FF villains being wimpy...

You ever heard of Galactus... or Dr. DOOM...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

FF villains being wimpy...

You ever heard of Galactus... or Dr. DOOM... That post was made in my first three months on here. With that being said Annihilus' best showing doesn't even match up with Thanos' average. Thanos is simply on another level.

dmills
Originally posted by the Darkone
Annihlus is low Herald without Q-band, and he is high herald with them. Thanos is mid to high trans, sorry for the misunderstanding.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4999/bananadead.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.