Help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MasterAshenVor
HELP! *CHOKEING UNDER ALL THIS STAR WARS STUFF*

i got a question DID THE EMPIRE WIN OR LOSE DAMN IT!

First in the Films its like OH YAY! THE REBELS WIN

Then in the Books and Novella's its like THE EMPIRE IS STILL ALIVE CALLED THE IMPERIAL REMNANT YAY!

Then in this damned Legacy Comics its like YAY WITH THE HELP OF THE SITH THE EMPIRE WINS!

I mean GOD! help me out here PLEASE!

vader11
It is your 18th birthday today?laughing

Gideon
It's a legitimate question, and likely confusing for someone who isn't well versed in EU literature. Essentially, MasterAshenVor, the Galactic Empire was far too large and too powerful to be completely beaten in a single engagement . However, Palpatine designed the Empire to be completely dependent on his existence. When he died at Endor, the central leadership of the Empire collapsed. Without the Emperor to keep everyone in line, dozens of warlords, Moffs, and Grand Admirals immediately fractured the Empire in an attempt to achieve dominance for themselves.

Sate Pestage, Ysanne Isard, and Zsinj were among the most successful of the warlords. The civil war with the Rebellion continued for years after Endor, and even during Grand Admiral Thrawn's campaign, the Empire been the Empire] was still stronger than the Rebellion/New Republic.

What ultimately lead to the Empire's collapse was their own fighting. After Endor, the Imperials started fighting amongst themselves as well, and this is what depleted most of their military. Thrawn came along and reclaimed half of the galaxy with a small detachment of Imperial fighters . Then he was betrayed and killed.

In 11 ABY, the Emperor's clone launched a massive military campaign from the Core Worlds. It pushed the New Republic/Rebellion out into the Outer Rim, and Palpatine - in less than a year - conquered more than 70% of the galaxy. He forced the fighting Imperials to swear allegiance to him again. But, thanks to the efforts of our intrepid heroes and scheming traitors, Palpatine was killed again .

After a few years, the major warlords were executed by Admiral Daala and Captain Pellaeon, and their forces were consolidated into one massive Imperial force. But by this time, the Imperial Starfleet's numbers and ships dwindled down, and they were - for the first time in the war - weaker than the Rebellion.

About 20 ABY, the Imperial Remnant signed a peace treaty with the New Republic. At this time, they were down to 200 Imperial-class Star Destroyers out of their former 25,000; a single Super Star Destroyer, and eight sectors out of an Empire that used to span millions.

To the ignorant, the Rebel Alliance is credited with victory. In actuality, the Imperials did more damage to themselves than the Alliance ever did. Palpatine's arrogance, the warlordism, and treachery ultimately ruined the Empire 'til they were a relatively insignificant force.

Fast forward 100 years, and the psuedo-Sith helped the Empire return to the dominant force in the galaxy. I don't know much about this, though.

ADarksideJedi
He losed!I dont' read the books so I am not sure what theya re tryign to pull to say he was still alive but he lose big time!jm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.