Samurai RPG Sign Up/Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TBJ
Welcome to the Sengoku Period of Japanese history. In this RP, you will take the role of a Daimyo (the leader of a clan of samurai), a noble, a samurai that has pledged allegiance to the Daimyo, or a peasant who works the land and is occasionally recruited to the ranks of the army in wartime. This is an era of Japanese history in which there was no de facto ruler of the island nation. Instead, the Daimyo ruled as they wished, and their clans often operated more like independent nations than prefectures of the Shogunate.

As a Daimyo, you will attempt to advance your clan in prestige, wealth, and territory. Once you have done far so more successfully than any other, then, and only then, may you claim victory. Now, it might seem like it is my whim to simply recreate history, that is not so. The clans will be created by you, the Daimyo. You may create your own capital, and name it however you want. We will probably not be using a map, so it will be by mutual consent who borders who, or we can leave it arbitrary.

If you're planning on being a Daimyo, however, you will need to PM me an RP sample once the idea has been approved. This is to keep a limit on the number of clans in existence. I want people to be in depth with their clan, and if we all just RP as leaders , that will be next to impossible. Granted, it will be impossible to go through this without NPCs, but I want to keep them to a minimum. Lastly, there will be a limit on how many people can sign up for one clan, to prevent the other from being deprived. If you've read this far, I'll take it that you are interested in joining, so sign up!

I'm going to leave the character sheet template up to you, but be sure to include plenty of information.

I'll have my character up once interest is shown in this.

Survivor01
Name: Keiji Maeda
Appearance: Long white hair, Red armor or red kimono(depends on situation), Longer then normal katana, large gray horse.
Class: Wandering Swordsman for hire
Personality: Greedy, loyal, arrogant, strong, friendly, sarcastic,
Background: After being trained since the age of five in the ways of the samurai and Bushido, he set off to find a life for himself. He was tired of rules and regulations so he decided to become a mercenary. Now all he does is travel from province to province looking for work.
Weaponry: Three foot katana and 1 foot wakizashi.
Loyalties: none

TBJ
Originally posted by Survivor01
Name: Keiji Maeda
Appearance: Long white hair, Red armor or red kimono(depends on situation), Longer then normal katana, large gray horse.
Class: Wandering Swordsman for hire
Personality: Greedy, loyal, arrogant, strong, friendly, sarcastic,
Background: After being trained since the age of five in the ways of the samurai and Bushido, he set off to find a life for himself. He was tired of rules and regulations so he decided to become a mercenary. Now all he does is travel from province to province looking for work.
Weaponry: Three foot katana and 1 foot wakizashi.
Loyalties: none

Accepted, and Welcome!

TBJ
Name: Fujiwarano Yuki
Hair: Short, black
Eyes: Large, round, brown
Body: Medium height, well-built, albeit a bit bulky
Class: Daimyo
Personality: Wise, noble, and with a sense of humor.
Background: Born the oldest son of the leader of the Fujiwarano clan, Yuki (which means "snow"wink grew up in Northern Japan, playing in the snow, and knowing, that one day, he would be leader of his father's clan. At the age of thirty-two, he assumed leadership due to his father's terminal illness, and, ever since, has lead the clan to new, great heights, and has brought upon himself glory to the extent that the likes of it have never before been seen.
Weaponry: The usual and customary katana and wakizashi.

Survivor01
I like the wise part so in the future you may have a traveling swordsman on your side.

TBJ
Originally posted by Survivor01
I like the wise part so in the future you may have a traveling swordsman on your side.

Sounds like a plan. big grin

Now we just need more people to join...

Survivor01
Yep.. people seem to do that a lot. Sign up then do nothing with it

Advent
Sorry. embarrasment

I'll try to have my sheet up later today, or tomorrow (if this is still alive, heh). I've just been busy with Memorial Day weekend, and all.

TBJ
Originally posted by Advent
Sorry. embarrasment

I'll try to have my sheet up later today, or tomorrow (if this is still alive, heh). I've just been busy with Memorial Day weekend, and all.

That's ok, at least you've shown up.

Hopefully bumping this thread will bring in more people.

Newjak
Name: Yama

Hair: Bald

Eyes: :Light Golden Brown

Body: Tall, Athletic, powerful

Appearance: He wears Green Pants and one armor sleeve outlined with brown trim.

Class: Daimyo

Personality: Humble, Honorable, and Kind

Background: Yama hails from the Tsuchi Clan. His name translates into the Mountain of the Earth Clan. A name he earned through his sheer size. He stands almost a full head over a normal person with broad athletic shoulders. The Tsuchi Clan was once the most power clan in the lands of Japan. The village home sitting in a Valley nestled between two mountains. His clan upholds Honor above all else. Their Duty to their country and eachother and the blade helped forge them but now it has been their down fall. The modern tactics of Ambush and Assassins has slowly diminished their power over three generations. Now they are on the brink of collapse. They do not hold the manpower to hold the lands they once did but Honor bound to protect them anyways. It is under this that Yama gained his rule. His father the strongest warrior before met his end in an ambush. Yama succeeded him as eldest of the family at 21. The gentle giant now holds the future of his people in his hands. Whether to abandon the old ways or go down fighting.

Weaponry: He carries a large halberd that is 9 feet in length and with a large 20 pound blade attached.

TBJ
Accepted, and Welcome!

Newjak
Thanks I'm looking forward to this

Advent
Just met my deadline.

Character's Name: Nakamura Sosuke.
Alias(es): Nanryū.
Character's Age: 28.
Appearance: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8370/sosukeqn0.th.png
On certain occasions during battle, Sosuke dons the demon mask as pictured.

Weapon(s): Single sheath katana. Ornate, gray.
Social Class: Samurai.
Affiliation: Fujiwarano clan.

Background Information: Sosuke was born in the Hyūga province of Japan to a middle-ranking army commander, early in his childhood he was discovered to have amazing intellect. This lead the then lord of his father's army to quickly recruit him into the ranks, so as to further develop his strategic and planning abilities. As the years went by, he gained much acclaim throughout the lands for his tactical prowess, and went on to win many battles for his daimyo. All seemed well for the time being, but eventually, Sosuke grew worried over the small numbers of the army in comparison to others, and feared they might be conquered, even his plans of overthrowing the lord seemed uncertain. Because of this, he defected to one side he knew might have a chance of winning the lands, the Fujiwarano clan. A smart move, considering his prediction was correct, and the army died out shortly thereafter without the aid of one of their top strategists, an inevitable situation. Now, his "loyalty" lies within the Fujiwarano, under the leadership of Yuki. His plans for the future, however, have his loyalty lying with himself.

Personality: Sosuke is for lack of a better word, a snake. Manipulative, scheming, and methodical, he rarely takes risks, and makes no mistakes. Due to his high intelligence, it has made him somewhat of an ego maniac. Otherwise, his behavior can be summed up as outlandish, and effeminate.

--

Hope that's okay (and hope this gets active!).

TBJ
Originally posted by Advent
Just met my deadline.

Character's Name: Nakamura Sosuke.
Alias(es): Nanryū.
Character's Age: 28.
Appearance: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8370/sosukeqn0.th.png
On certain occasions during battle, Sosuke dons the demon mask as pictured.

Weapon(s): Single sheath katana. Ornate, gray.
Social Class: Samurai.
Affiliation: Fujiwarano clan.

Background Information: Sosuke was born in the Hyūga province of Japan to a middle-ranking army commander, early in his childhood he was discovered to have amazing intellect. This lead the then lord of his father's army to quickly recruit him into the ranks, so as to further develop his strategic and planning abilities. As the years went by, he gained much acclaim throughout the lands for his tactical prowess, and went on to win many battles for his daimyo. All seemed well for the time being, but eventually, Sosuke grew worried over the small numbers of the army in comparison to others, and feared they might be conquered, even his plans of overthrowing the lord seemed uncertain. Because of this, he defected to one side he knew might have a chance of winning the lands, the Fujiwarano clan. A smart move, considering his prediction was correct, and the army died out shortly thereafter without the aid of one of their top strategists, an inevitable situation. Now, his "loyalty" lies within the Fujiwarano, under the leadership of Yuki. His plans for the future, however, have his loyalty lying with himself.

Personality: Sosuke is for lack of a better word, a snake. Manipulative, scheming, and methodical, he rarely takes risks, and makes no mistakes. Due to his high intelligence, it has made him somewhat of an ego maniac. Otherwise, his behavior can be summed up as outlandish, and effeminate.

--

Hope that's okay (and hope this gets active!).

Certainly! I think I'll start this once one person joins the Tsuchi clan.

Captain Snafu
That sorely pisses me off. I had an entire profile typed, and I couldn't post the picture link.
ERGH!
Here's another one...

Name: Akane Hoshi(Literally: Deep Red Star)

Hair: Long, black, and unkept.

Eyes: Deep blue with veins of crimson

Body: Lean, muscular, but not bulky by any means

Class: Ronan

Personality: Calm, funny, sarcastic, kind, loyal

Background: Former member of the Tsuchi clan, Akane was dismissed for acts considered 'dishonorable'. At nineteen, that was a harsh thing to do, especially when accusations are just that, accusations. Akane did not think of dishonor, or humility, he just left. He wondered from place to place, bearing the torn symbol of the Tsuchi clan, automatically labeling him as a wretch. No one would sell him food, forcing him to become a street rat. The only bit of honor he has left is is sword, the only thing that will never hate him.

Weaponry: Katana with a crimson blade, daimond at the base of the tang to fit his namesake. Wakazashi with six Kozuka Blade's in the Saya. Two Kama held at either side of his belt. He wears a Kimono, with Hakama pants tied by a black belt.

Newjak
Originally posted by TBJ
Certainly! I think I'll start this once one person joins the Tsuchi clan. Cool stick out tongue

Krone
Name: Samousake Keibi

Hair: Longish Black hair

Eyes: : Brown

Body: Average build, athletic, strong

Appearance: see pic

Class: General

Personality: Honorable, calm, n

Background: Sam hails from the Tsuchi Clan. Sam was born in the Tsuchi clan, guarnted a high rank, his farther before him was a great general and a loyal servant to Yama and his farther before he passed away. Now he serves Yama as one of his most loyal generals.

Weaponry: He carries two katanas, both with red hilts. He also has a long bow for ranged combat.

TBJ
Snafu and Krone accepted. I'll post an RP thread once I get up a solid opening post.

Krone
Kk cheers

Pic:

Spidervlad
Name: Kaiju Wasamaki

Hair: A peculiar sight among most Samurais, Kaiju's hair is blonde and it stands tall, in a "spiky" like manner.

Eyes: Sky blue

Body: Slim and lean, yet you can still see muscles bulging out, althought very little.

Appearence: Only wears Kimono's during celebration. He usually wears a tight shirt black shirt that usually looks like it's shining, with two steel(Or iron? Whatever they used in those times) shoulder pads on each of the shoulders. Over that he usually wears a blood red cloak with a hood, which usually conceals his identity. Sturdy boots which were built especially for him, which has bamboo between the sturdy material inside and the soft material inside on the tips and the soles.

Clan:Tsuchi

Personality: Loyal, Friendly, Carless, Cherfull, Humorous.

Background: Ever since the age of 12 he had wanted to join the Tsuchi clan, yet only at the age of 18 was he permitted in it as a righful warrior. To most samurai he is very peculiar, for he is probably one of the nimbest and fastest samurai's yet to be seem. He uses tricks and agility to fight, rather then his sword, and is a master of martial arts. However, if left to fight an opponent face to face with a Samurai sword, an average samurai would probably beat him, but so far Kaiju had been careful and was respected as one of the more dangerous members in the Tsuchi clan. However, his good spirit and cheerfullnes makes up alot of the Tsuchi's clan mood and spirit. He is also none for being cheerful at even time of despair.

TBJ
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Name: Kaiju Wasamaki

Hair: A peculiar sight among most Samurais, Kaiju's hair is blonde and it stands tall, in a "spiky" like manner.

Eyes: Sky blue

Body: Slim and lean, yet you can still see muscles bulging out, althought very little.

Appearence: Only wears Kimono's during celebration. He usually wears a tight shirt black shirt that usually looks like it's shining, with two steel(Or iron? Whatever they used in those times) shoulder pads on each of the shoulders. Over that he usually wears a blood red cloak with a hood, which usually conceals his identity. Sturdy boots which were built especially for him, which has bamboo between the sturdy material inside and the soft material inside on the tips and the soles.

Clan:Tsuchi

Personality: Loyal, Friendly, Carless, Cherfull, Humorous.

Background: Ever since the age of 12 he had wanted to join the Tsuchi clan, yet only at the age of 18 was he permitted in it as a righful warrior. To most samurai he is very peculiar, for he is probably one of the nimbest and fastest samurai's yet to be seem. He uses tricks and agility to fight, rather then his sword, and is a master of martial arts. However, if left to fight an opponent face to face with a Samurai sword, an average samurai would probably beat him, but so far Kaiju had been careful and was respected as one of the more dangerous members in the Tsuchi clan. However, his good spirit and cheerfullnes makes up alot of the Tsuchi's clan mood and spirit. He is also none for being cheerful at even time of despair.

Approved, and the IC thread is up!

Zasalamel

TBJ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.