Heroes - Another Story(Character Creation Thread)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Miracle
Yes, I have permission by Ush so anyone trying to say it doesn't scram. Read the unhosted thread

Heroes - Another Story

As the event of Heroes takes place, this is set into an alternate universe in which all the characters don't exist. You must create your own, your special ability will be decided upon making a character, no calling of powers yet. No characters are godlike, even a character like Claire or Peter can be killed, just cut their heads off and you'll see. Characters that absorve powers(Peter Petrelli) will be extremely limited.

The villain will be similar to Sylar almost to the point of being identical. But there is also the option of your character being evil.

The villain is setting out to conquer the world and to do this he needs to acquire powers and gather followers into his cause. You are one of the "special" people, your choice will be to stop this villain in the name of justice and whatever, or join him for ultimate domination. An amount of storytelling will be needed as many of the characters will not know each other at the start of it and will probably live in different parts of the US, but don't limit yourselves to American or even Japanese chracters, you can make them from around the world. The story will advance through contribution though there is a general idea that must not be deviated by radical plot twists or subplots.

The rules are no godmodding, respect other people, etc. No major plot events without prior discussion with me.

Character sheet

Name:
Country of Origin:
Hometown:
Abilities: (Only one per character, empaths as Peter Petrelli can cause Godmodding and that would ruin the RP if everyone is an Empath, no empaths only one of them wil be and he will be an NPC controlled by me)
Bio:

Here's mine:

Name: Rory Camila James
Country of Origin: USA
Hometown: San Diego, California.
Abilities: Regeneration, minor telekinesis(atm she doesn't know it yet for sure that she's got it).
Bio: Rory was born in Hartford, her father had died in a car accident six months before she was born and her mother died at birth. Not having any known relatives, or at least so they said, she was put into adoption. She was adopted when she was one year old by a doctor and a school teacher. She has two other siblings, younger brother and sister. She discovered her regeneration while having a practice with her volleyball friends, she accidentaly fell over a wire that pierced her hand and when she got up and saw her hand after removing the wire, it suddenly healed by itself and closed the wound as if nothing happened. She decided to keep this to herself. She is at Highschool and is one of the cheerleaders as well as a star in the volleyball team.

NPC.-
Name: Sean Hamilton
Hometown: Orlando, Florida
Abilities: Empath
Bio: A computer programmer at a gaming software company, Sean is a little extroverted as oposed to most of his work friends who are more of a bunch of nerds. Sean is a lively guy though he takes things pretty seriously and often has trouble prioritizing. He has not discovered his power yet because he hasn't met anyone with powers but it's all about to change as he takes a flight over to California to take his well deserved vacations, and learn of the future that is awaiting him.

Alright guys create characters so we can start this off.

TwilightPrince
Name: Alexander Rider
Country of Origin: America
Hometown: New York City
Abilities:Energy manipulation
-Concussion beams
-Energy blasts
-Force field
-Energy conversion
Bio: Alex is an 18 year old Mechanic he dropped out of school when his mom and dad died in a car crash so he can take care of his little sister Elena. He trys his best but it is hard for him to handle running a house and a job at the same time. When his siter gets time off from school Alex decides to take him and his sister to California to relax a bit and enjoy themselves.

Thunder Fox
Name: Tokala Elsu
Country of Origin: born in America
Hometown: West Bend, Wisconsin
Abilities: Telekinetic
Bio: an native american who was born in a reserve but him and his family left at about 14 and moved to west bend he wasn't exactly happy about it but showed no resistance when he had gotten his power afew months ago

TwilightPrince
So Sean is the bad guy?

True Geek
Name: Khalon Az
Hometown: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Abilities: The ability to see in the future, also known as premonition, precognition, and foresight. Can only be used while sleeping at the moment.
Bio: He grew up in the "bad" neighborhood, so he got in a lot of fights, but he also had a lot of technology and was very interested in it. Through constant combat, he learned how to fight alright. Through the computer, he also learned a lot more. He discovered his power when he forsaw many disasters, such as 9/11, the large tsunami, Katrina, and some others. Through the passing years after the 2nd time, he kept on trying to figure out how to use it quickly and at will, but that just made him concentrate (like Hiro did in Heroes) too hard and get a headache. Life continues for him as normal, but with knowledge of the future that would cause global panics.

TBJ
Name: Vladimir Ustinov
Country of Origin: Russia
Hometown: Saint Petersburg, Northwestern Federal District
Abilities: Transformation into the personification of Earth, Wind, Water, or Fire.
Bio: Born into the family of an affluent Russian politician, Vladimir has lived a mostly pampered life. As with any teenager, though, the young Ustinov sometimes wished he would just "disappear." One time, when he was about to be busted by the police for possesion of an illegal drug, Vladimir simply turned into the wind and blew away. He has since discovered the rest of his powers and learned to keep them under his control.

Miracle
Sean is not the bad guy. The bad guy will soon be discovered. I will post the story thread tomorrow so keep an eye smile and thank you guys for joining

Camille's_Death
May i join?

Miracle
yes you may post up your character

Shalimar_fox
Name:Jenny Crawford
Country of Origin:U.S.A
Hometownmessedaginaw,MI
Abilities: Force
Bio:born into an family of five.her dad was an NBA player and her mom and doctor.At 8 she was sent to prep school where her powers became active by falling from an tree; inches away from the ground her body stopped due to an forcefield she had mistakenly placed around herself.
As with most if not all psych-powers she has yet to master it.

Bizzy Bullet
Name: Harlan Morales
Hometown: Chicago
Abilities Minor regeneration, Tell the future(I forgot the real name of that power)

Biography: Harlan grew up Chicago.His mother was a hotel worker and his father was a engineer. Since his parents didn't take time with him because they had to work he wanted to do something to fuel his wanting. He joined a gang called "G.Ds The Gangster Desicpals" He wasn't able to drop out until he messed around and got his a** whooped by his own members. Therefore he never went back to being in a gang. One day the G.Ds shot Harlan and at that point of time he found him self regenrating his bullet wounds. His other power he was able to see a another tragic attack come from the G.D again once they found out he was alive. This time he was able to get away.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u91/bootysophat1/untitled.jpg

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by Bizzy Bullet
Name: Harlan Morales
Hometown: Chicago
Abilities Minor regeneration, Tell the future(I forgot the real name of that power)

Biography: Harlan grew up Chicago.His mother was a hotel worker and his father was a engineer. Since his parents didn't take time with him because they had to work he wanted to do something to fuel his wanting. He joined a gang called "G.Ds The Gangster Desicpals" He wasn't able to drop out until he messed around and got his a** whooped by his own members. Therefore he never went back to being in a gang. One day the G.Ds shot Harlan and at that point of time he found him self regenrating his bullet wounds. His other power he was able to see a another tragic attack come from the G.D again once they found out he was alive. This time he was able to get away.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u91/bootysophat1/untitled.jpg future telling is premonition

Bizzy Bullet
oh ok thanks. It was hrad for me to think that up.

Thunder Fox
yeah its fine

The Force
Hah dont know how long ill stay in this RP but i figure ill make a character.

Name: John Aoikaze

Country of Origin: Japan

Hometown: Kamikawa, Hokkaido, Japan

Abilities: Augmented Speed. (Speed in this sense not only means that he can run very fast, but his agility, acceleration, reaction time, dexterity and regeneration can also be sped up. I.E. Defying gravity by running up buildings, Punching or kicking 20-30 times in a second, instant 90 degree turns while sprinting, dodging some projectiles(maybe handgun bullets, but nothing the speed of something like a sniper rifle), reacting and thinking faster by increasing the speed of the electrical signals in his brain, accelerating to his top speed in an instant over a short distance(to create a sonic boom), stopping the flow of blood out of small to medium sized wounds faster then normal When he discovers more of what his powers effect then of course, like everyone else, he will get stronger.)

Bio: His family name means Blue Wind (i believe). John's Father is Japanese while his mother is African Amercian. Therefore he is Afro-Japanese. They met in Tokyo, Japan, then moved up to Kamikawa, Hokkaido. They got married there and had their first child John. Fourteen years after their first child they moved to the U.S.; Houston, Texas to be exact. Since John grew up in japan he is very skilled in the martial arts and knows how to wield many weapons. John has lived a pretty normal life, the only 2 traumatic experiences that he had in his life was moving away from Japan and when he discovered that he was special. One summer day ,in japan when John was 12, his father and his younger sister were both working on some of the shingles on the roof while john was helping his mother inside the house. His sister unfortunetaly slipped on one of the loose shingles and fell off the roof. John caught a glimpse of her while he was watching her fall, from inside the house. Everything seemed to move in slow motion as he attempted to save her. The next moment he appeared outside with his younger sister in his arms. His mother had not even seen him move but the front door was open as if he had ran outside. His life changed from that point on. He certiaintly isn't shy about using his powers though, as he is cocky and confindent; he also likes a challenge.

Should be fun. Now i just need to differentiate John from The Flash lol.

Bruce Leeroy
Name: Rayden Shiong
Country of Origin: United States
Hometown: San Fracisco, California
Abilities: Manipulation of Electric Current
Bio: Rayden lived an average life with both of his parents in Surberbial bliss. He got slightly above average grades in electronics and after gradutating from High School became an electrician apprentice. Rayden discovered his powers when he narrowly avoided being shocked to death while on the job. He has kept his powers under wraps since then.

Shalimar_fox
Jenny

Lord Follen
I LOVE HEROS!! CAN I JOIN!!! big grin

Thunder Fox
im sure she doesn't mind

Lord Follen
SWEETTTTTT

Name: Zake Scythe
Country of Origin: UK
hometown:Glastonburry
Abilities: umbrakinesis (manipulation os shadows to the extent he can creat them by forcing photons (light) from him.
Bio:Born and raised as an under privliged he lived in the spiritual town Glastonburry where as he aged he soon took intrest to the Tour... a lone tower that eminates with paranormal energy.
His father recently got a bonuse in his check and decided to send his son on holiday to the americas to visit the citys on the east coast such as boston and new york.

Thunder Fox
should of made him near me stick out tongue

Lord Follen
Originally posted by Thunder Fox
should of made him near me stick out tongue stick out tongue well i didnt... hes on holiday

The big EH
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
Name:Jenny Crawford
Country of Origin:U.S.A
Hometownmessedaginaw,MI
Abilities: Force
Bio:born into an family of five.her dad was an NBA player and her mom and doctor.At 8 she was sent to prep school where her powers became active by falling from an tree; inches away from the ground her body stopped due to an forcefield she had mistakenly placed around herself.
As with most if not all psych-powers she has yet to master it. some old guy they called Lucas gonna get his lawyers here stick out tongue
Name: Jacen Stern Morder
Country of Origin: Canada
Hometown: Solina, Ontario
Abilities: pyrokenisis
Bio: discovered his powers in highschool and was pretty open about them to get people to leave him alone and stop bullying him. although he can only manipulate it he's recently noticed that when he gets angry and loses control he creates it himself and once had his hand on fire. since highschool which he almost failed at despite his high IQ he has gone though college which he paid for by being a magician mostly dealing with fire, he is very successful and known unkown for having powers, anyway after college he oppenned up a comic/videogame/toy store in Bowmanville and even has a self published comic of which he thinks might happen in about twenty years or so

The big EH
forgot a pic now instead of brown hair he has dirty blonde hair and an mp3 player

Quincy
Sweet a heroes rpg. Except rylel is TOO much like sylar. and some of these powers aren't "heroes-esque."

This could have been something really good.

Miracle
Well what powers are not heroes-esque? Energy manipulation isn't too far fetched, Ted Sprague could manipulate nuclear energy, radiation. Pyrokinesis was the power that Claire's real mom had so which powers are you referring to?

Quincy
I mean Heroes is more or less "underpowered" with the exception of Peter and Sylar. The cheerleader in this roleplay can regenerate AND is telekinetic? And I also read the "transformation of Earth, Wind and Fire?" What is that? I get the energy manipulation one, since Sprague could do that too, but he couldn't exactly shoot blasts and concussive waves. Or create a force field. And someone else can regenerate AND tell the future. Sounds kinda lame to me. But I'm not even in this roleplay so it shouldn't bother you. But if you are going to have someone with Sylar's EXACT powers and Sylar's EXACT motives, and Sylars EXACT background, you might as well just call him Sylar. And I thought you said that the regular heroes characters weren't going to be in it, but I see that the Haitian and Bennet are in there.

Miracle
yeah they are somewhat like them. But the Doctor has a power too that I'll disclose later and the skinny guy(Haitian) is yeah mostly like him. Rylel copies the powers, but I'm changing him into something like he absorbes the powers after he kills not open their heads.

EDIT.- I'll probably restart the whole thing into something more like the show actually cause I'm thinking about stuff but the whole kidnapping them thing is a little slow so it will get boring after a while.

Lord Follen
lol well you need to figure out how when and where your going to snatch them.....

Shadow Okami
<<if it's too late, just kick me out. sry to intrude, if so.>>

Name: Jacc Arlington
Hometown: Lawrence Kansas
Abilities: Time Control (like Hiro Nakamura-san)
Bio: Born in Lawrence, Kansas, Jacc was the type of kid who always hung away from the crowd. He loved comics and video games, and eventually picked up guitar, starting his own band, "One Night Stand." He also started sword-fighting with his sister, as a sort of hobby the two could share. At 15, he discovered that he could stop and travel through time, and is now dead set on using this to find the man who killed his sister.

MadMel
lol another time dude
i wanted that
o well

Name: lester andrews
Hometown: West Bend, Wisconsin (just to be near TF)
Abilities: super speed (keeping to true heroes style, his power isnt well developed..he could outrun a car if he pushed himself)
Bio: born and bred in west bend, lester hated his life..he was constantly bullied at school until he discovered he could run at amazing speeds. then he turned his powers onto his attackers..realising that school wasnt an option, lester became a wanderer, constantly practicing his power..

Iron
Is it too late to join the story?

Miracle
no it is not expect a restart thread soon, like tonight or tomorrow

JaccTheRipper
kewl, 'cause i got lost tryin' to find an entry point... i'll post a charry pic tomorrow...

Iron
Name: Conrad St. Clair
Country of Orgin: United States of America
Hometown: Seattle
Abilities: Camouflage
Bio: Conrad hates school and his parents ignore him and they favor his brother over him. He wants to do something interesting with his life instead of being bored for the rest of his life. When he first discovered his powers was when he camping with his family.

Miracle
To make this work, I was thinking that maybe we could all meet someplace for some sort of vacation or maybe you all get kidnapped and someone lets you out, so now you are in California running away from these people and you meet up with my characters while you are running. You can also make suggestions as to how you want your characters' intro and I'll work something with you so that it happens as you want it smile Oh and Like Quincy said we are keeping to heroesque powers, so anyone with powers that are more Xmen-ish will be asked to change them to something more appropriate.

Thunder Fox
like what powers no expression

JaccTheRipper
Originally posted by Miracle
To make this work, I was thinking that maybe we could all meet someplace for some sort of vacation or maybe you all get kidnapped and someone lets you out, so now you are in California running away from these people and you meet up with my characters while you are running. You can also make suggestions as to how you want your characters' intro and I'll work something with you so that it happens as you want it smile Oh and Like Quincy said we are keeping to heroesque powers, so anyone with powers that are more Xmen-ish will be asked to change them to something more appropriate.

i was thinking of having Jacc wake up in an alley somewhere, passed out from some kinda drug or something (his own doing to cope with his sister's loss) and then heading out to meet someone, so Cali's fine.

Miracle
TF yours are more than fine, Telekinesis is fine. Rory will have only regeneration like Claire. So everyone with two powers will have to decide on only one.

Thunder Fox
ok

Arcane
is this starting up soon, and maybe a different starting line, all kidnapped doesnt sound too great, and if eevry one has the same powers as the tv show, then u might as well just call it heroes two and make your own season two, think of some thing new, like psychometry or gravity manipulation

kayakat

Ordained
Hope you'll let me join...

Name: Simon Redgrave
Country of Origin: U.S.A.
Hometown: Rochester, MI
Abilities: Causes explosions
Bio: Simon just recently found out about his powers after he got mad at his college roommate. They were in a heated argument when the microwave exploded after Simon pointed at it. After other stuff started to explode whenever he got mad, his roommate moved out and Simon was now by himself to learn how to control his destructive power.

He knew he was different. He is now learning how to control his temper and now his power. But seeing that he is such a hothead, it is easier said than done.

Miracle
The Story thread is up now so look for it smile

Sorry for the delay.

Sighmons tamer
Can I still join.

TwilightPrince
is my character OK or do I need to change things
-Energy blasts
-Force field
-Energy conversion
Bio: Alex is an 18 year old Mechanic he dropped out of school when his mom and dad died in a car crash so he can take care of his little sister Elena. He trys his best but it is hard for him to handle running a house and a job at the same time. When his sister gets time off from school Alex decides to take him and his sister to California to relax a bit and enjoy themselves.

Miracle
well you need to select one ability only, we already have another two people who have energy manipulation, select one of the three powers.

Try not to think Xmen and think more like the show, the superpowers are not that huge in the show and all have some explanation, force fields are a bit to marvel-esque.

Quincy
take my advice.

You might not want anyone to join with a multitude of powers, or overpowered people.

Like heroes, there are limitations with what people can do - Sylar and Pete being exceptions.

JaccTheRipper
Originally posted by Shadow Okami
<<if it's too late, just kick me out. sry to intrude, if so.>>

Name: Jacc Arlington
Hometown: Lawrence Kansas
Abilities: Able to walk through walls (like Nikki/Jessica's husband)
Bio: Born in Lawrence, Kansas, Jacc was the type of kid who always hung away from the crowd. He loved comics and video games, and eventually picked up guitar, starting his own band, "One Night Stand." He also started sword-fighting with his sister, as a sort of hobby the two could share. At 15, he discovered that he could stop and travel through time, and is now dead set on using this to find the man who killed his sister.

character edit: powers.

sorry, but it hasn't affected my posts yet, so...

TwilightPrince
Originally posted by TwilightPrince
is my character OK or do I need to change things
-Energy blasts
Bio: Alex is an 18 year old Mechanic he dropped out of school when his mom and dad died in a car crash so he can take care of his little sister Elena. He trys his best but it is hard for him to handle running a house and a job at the same time. When his sister gets time off from school Alex decides to take him and his sister to California to relax a bit and enjoy themselves.

Ordained
So, am I in?

nmensfinest
Name: Joey Francini.
Country of Origin: America.
Hometown: Miami, Florida.
Abilities: Forcing his will into reality.
Bio: I will reveal during RP.

Miracle
sure ordained

Sighmons tamer
Name: Marc Kramer
Country of Origin: U.S.A
Hometown: New york new york (bronx)
Abilities: He is able to shifth luck into his favor.( able to make it easier to get the nuber he want's on a die, ETC)
Bio: I will reveal during RP

Genosis
Name: Elijah Arnold
Country of Origin: Great Britian(Scotland)
Hometown: Glasgow
Abilities: Shadowmancy(able to control and manipulate shadows. Can make them anything he wants; beings, bridges, knives, spears, tenticles, portals, buildings, animals, signs, etc.)
Bio: Unknown, but soon all shall know

Iron
Have we decided the plot because I don't know what to do next.

Sighmons tamer
Also he may beable to fix luck to make it more likely for him to live after a stunt or a acident.

JaccTheRipper
yeh, and I don't see any more posts on it. *gasps* we haven't... died... have we?

Miracle
Genosis your power is a really not heroes-esque, we are seriously underpowered like the characters in the show so please as I said, think Heroes not Xmen.

Sighmons tamer
Am I in.

Miracle
I'm still a little reluctant about your power Tamer, but if you feel you can make it work in a way that you don't godmod with it, I guess then it's fine.

Sighmons tamer
I can switch it if you want. I have sme other ideas.

Miracle
well you can pitch them in, I want it to be as faithful to the show as possible but only way that can happen is if we all work together for it.

Sighmons tamer
Ok how about this as the rpg goes on he get's his power stronger. Like when he first uses it he can only do small things like change the rll of the die or a spinner.( things like that).
But by the end of it he could now use to fall from the roof of a building and not be as baly hurt as somebody else.( so he can still get hurt but not as bad)

Miracle
Well if you think you can pull it off then go ahead wink

nmensfinest
Yeah, that's the same kind of thing I would be doing with my character too, so he doesn't become too overpowered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.