Gay Flamingos Become Proud Parents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam_PoE

Tex
That's SO gay, and in a totally good way! zorro

Devil King
If god had wanted them to be parents, they would have heard the cry of the unborn chick they were "elected" to corrupt, the way that they were meant to hear. If flawed god-created, evolution-loving, human's hadn't inter ”fear” ed, the chick would have died, the way god meant it to be...rather than be raised by a couple of fa*gots who love buttsecks and hate baby Jesus.

allah be praised!

Lightningrod
Originally posted by Tex
That's SO gay, and in a totally good way! zorro

yeah you would only say that tex stick out tongue

Violent K
Originally posted by God's b!tch
If god had wanted them to be parents, they would have heard the cry of the unborn chick they were "elected" to corrupt, the way that they were meant to hear. If flawed god-created, evolution-loving, human's hadn't inter ”fear” ed, the chick would have died, the way god meant it to be...rather than be raised by a couple of fa*gots who love buttsecks and hate baby Jesus.

allah be praised!

Jesus and God can kiss my ass.

Nellinator
How angsty of you.

Strangelove
Cute

Naz
That's cool. I like flamingos.

Ytse
Originally posted by Nellinator
How angsty of you.

For realz.

Schecter
i think the greatest tragedy of this story is the poor baby flamingo who will have to grow up under morally bankrupt and unnatural parents. i will pray for their forgiveness.

Ytse
Originally posted by Schecter
i think the greatest tragedy of this story is the poor baby flamingo who will have to grow up under morally bankrupt and unnatural parents. i will pray for their forgiveness.

Not only that but many flamingos are poached to be used as croquet mallets.

Fishy
Originally posted by Violent K
Jesus and God can kiss my ass.

That's kinda gay dude... God and Allah hate gays...

Lightningrod
Originally posted by Fishy
That's kinda gay dude... God and Allah hate gays...

so you think roll eyes (sarcastic)

FeceMan
Why is this news again?

WOAH GAY FLAMINGOS

Of course they're gay. Not only are they pink--their diet makes them gay, much like soy milk in humans--but they have "flaming" in their name.

Fishy
Originally posted by Lightningrod
so you think roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, It's because the Bible and the Koran say so, and we all know that books written at least 1200 to 1700 years ago by humans is God's word. Not one mistaken translation, nothing was added by humans and I am 100% sure nothing was changed by them either.

Goddess Kali
Flamboyent F@gs ....nothing is gayer than a fkn pink flamingo...except me

FeceMan
No, It's because the Bible and the Koran say so, and we all know that books written at least 1200 to 1700 years ago by humans is God's word. Not one mistaken translation, nothing was added by humans and I am 100% sure nothing was changed by them either.
The Law in the Bible was communicated via angels, but that's really beside the point.

Fishy
Originally posted by FeceMan
The Law in the Bible was communicated via angels, but that's really beside the point.

And every single translation from the very first bible to the one we have now? How was that done, by angels as well?

lil bitchiness
Why does every gay discussion eventually turns into religion discussion? Get over it.
There are non-religious homophobes.

Fishy
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Why does every gay discussion eventually turns into religion discussion? Get over it.

Maybe, I don't know any though.

lil bitchiness
Maybe, I don't know any though.

There are a lot of people you don't know. And much about them.

The fact that ''if you are religious you MUST be a homophobe, and if you are an atheist you certainly cannot be one'' is oversimplified and simply untrue.

Robtard
What makes them factually gay though? Two males raising a child together doesn't equal homosexuality. Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and Steve Gutthenburg must have been gay characters then...

Fishy

The fact that ''if you are religious you MUST be a homophobe, and if you are an atheist you certainly cannot be one'' is oversimplified and simply untrue.

I never said all religious people are homophobes, I believe in God myself, and I also happen to know plenty of religious people that do not hate gays.

However I don't know any homophobes that hate gays for reasons other then religious one's.. Now you are right I don't know the entire world so there might be a lot of homophobes that don't have religious reasons, that doesn't mean however that the majority of homophobes are religious extremists...

Originally posted by Robtard
What makes them factually gay though? Two males raising a child together doesn't equal homosexuality. Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and Steve Gutthenburg must have been gay characters then...

Probably them having sex together

Robtard

Probably them having sex together

The story didn't mention anything about "having sex"; the vast majority of male birds do not have penises, are they rubbing their genital openings together in a mating like ritual?

Fishy
The story didn't mention anything about "having sex"; the vast majority of male birds do not have penises, are they rubbing their genital openings together in a mating like ritual?

I would assume so, I'm no expert on flamingo's but I would assume people would be sure that these birds are gay before they would be called gay.

Robtard
I would assume so, I'm no expert on flamingo's but I would assume people would be sure that these birds are gay before they would be called gay.

Assuming can be dangerous.

FeceMan
And every single translation from the very first bible to the one we have now? How was that done, by angels as well?
I'd assume by possessed typesetters or something.

Quiero Mota

Ive never met or known of anyone who hates gays for reasons other than religious. Fred Phelps is your quintessential homophobe.

Bruce Leeroy
One of my neigbors is an Athiest who hates gays.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Ive never met or known of anyone who hates gays for reasons other than religious. Fred Phelps is your quintessential homophobe.

''I don't know'' and ''I have never heard'' is simply not an argument. Ignorance is not an excuse and certainly not a claim.

backdoorman
''I don't know'' and ''I have never heard'' is simply not an argument. Ignorance is not an excuse and certainly not a claim.
It certainly implies a lot though, it would seem the great majority of homophobes are so because of religious beliefs. Which makes it unsurprising that discussions about homosexuality eventually lead to religion.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by backdoorman
the great majority of homophobes are so because of religious beliefs.

Where did that conclusion come from then? Do you have numbers, statistics, research?

Where did ''great majority'' claim come from? Do you know the numbers of homophobes per 1000 people? Even approximately?

If not, my earlier post applies to you as well.

Fishy

Like backdoorman said the fast majority of homophobes are religious people.

Just look at the religious nations in the world, Poland who refuses to admit homosexuality is normal, Russia where the Russian Orthodox church has a huge powerbase that the Russian people would attack the Gay pride parade, must Muslim nations where Homosexuality is not accepted. And in the more extreme country's punishable. In Spain where the catholics made a huge protest when gay marriage was allowed, in Italy where people are protesting a law that would make it possible for two gay man to live together as partners. In the US where gay marriage is heavily protested as well, by the religious right.

There might be people out there who don't hate gays because of religious reasons but because of other reasons, but the fast majority doesn't. And really arguing about a few exceptions is really useless.

lil bitchiness
Like backdoorman said the fast majority of homophobes are religious people.

Just look at the religious nations in the world, Poland who refuses to admit homosexuality is normal, Russia where the Russian Orthodox church has a huge powerbase that the Russian people would attack the Gay pride parade, must Muslim nations where Homosexuality is not accepted. And in the more extreme country's punishable. In Spain where the catholics made a huge protest when gay marriage was allowed, in Italy where people are protesting a law that would make it possible for two gay man to live together as partners. In the US where gay marriage is heavily protested as well, by the religious right.

There might be people out there who don't hate gays because of religious reasons but because of other reasons, but the fast majority doesn't. And really arguing about a few exceptions is really useless.
All you said is ''churches don't like homosexuals'' which everyone knows already.

What people in this thread claim, is that majority of all homophobes are religious people, and seeing how you most probably do not have any research or even a guess on how many homophobes there are, even roughly, you CANNOT make that claim.

All you can do, is reinstate that Church hates homosexuals - that however excludes any religious people, who are either homosexuals, or do not believe in persecution of homosexuals.
AND it excludes people who are Atheists and homophobes.

There are 1.1 billion atheists. I think you or anyone else in this thread will have hard time proving or even claiming that of 1.1 billion people none are homophobes - since being Atheists they have no bases to be one.

That also, is untrue.

backdoorman
Where did that conclusion come from then? Do you have numbers, statistics, research?

Where did ''great majority'' claim come from? Do you know the numbers of homophobes per 1000 people? Even approximately?

If not, my earlier post applies to you as well.
Keywords "it would seem" and "implies". Look at the political opposition gay rights get in the western world, its virtually all religious. No I do not have statistics but I dare you to find three influential secular political organizations in the United States or Britain that are fighting against gay rights.

lil bitchiness
Keywords "it would seem" and "implies". Look at the political opposition gay rights get in the western world, its virtually all religious. No I do not have statistics but I dare you to find three influential secular political organizations in the United States or Britain that are fighting against gay rights.

Who said anything about political groups or organizations for that matter?

It is irrelevant. Political system of USA have terrorist tendencies, but that means ZERO in regards to the actual people of USA.

Being a homophobe is a personal feeling. Telling me that ''there are influential groups in America (like America is the centre of the world)'' means nothing again.

America does not mean world, and we're speaking in a global, general terms.

You still fail to prove that majority of homophobes are religious. 1.1 billion atheists in the world - and and not a homophobe amongs them.

Fishy

It is irrelevant. Political system of USA have terrorist tendencies, but that means ZERO in regards to the actual people of USA.

Being a homophobe is a personal feeling. Telling me that ''there are influential groups in America (like America is the centre of the world)'' means nothing again.

You still fail to prove that majority of homophobes are religious. 1.1 billion atheists in the world - and and not a homophobe amongs them.

Again there might be homophobes amongst them but how many of them do you know? Can you name one?

It's easy to name dozens if not hundreds of homophobes that are so because of religious reasons.

backdoorman

You plead temporary blindness where I said "western world" and "Britain"?

Now, if ALL political organizations that are against gay rights in country X are religious, it certainly says something about the general public in country X. It doesn't provide a specific and detailed picture but it does provide a very rough sketch.

Yes, that is precisely what I said, isn't it? "There is not a single homophobe among Atheists." yeah...

Finally, please do tell where I said there was proof the majority of homophobes are Christian.

lil bitchiness
Again there might be homophobes amongst them but how many of them do you know? Can you name one?

It's easy to name dozens if not hundreds of homophobes that are so because of religious reasons.

Soho nail bomb, dropped in a gay bar in London, work of Neo-Nazis. Killed dozens of people. No religion involved.

The point is (I waited too long for this) that there has been research done on the boys in schools particularly and the homophobia.

Today, it appears that homophobia, and ''beatings'' of boys suspected of homophobia comes from the hyper-masculinity of many societies today.
But this study was carried out only in Sweden and England.

Beating up someone, or bullying someone for being homosexual, or suspecting to be a homosexual, is also a defence mechanism in assuring that you yourself will not be bullied or beaten up, as beating a homosexual shows that you are a ''real man''.

Religion is a stale reason for homophobia. There are far more sinister and reasons for being a homophobe, that ''religious people are homophobic'' simply takes the eyes away from the real issues.

Homophobia is a SOCIAL problem. And it will NOT go away if we remove religion. That thinking is a just looking for a simple solution to an extremely complicated problem.

There are a lot of people who are not homophobic because of religion, but because of numerous other socially related pressures.

A nail bomb incident in Soho in a gay bar, was a responsibility of Neo-Nazi group, who targest, black, asians and homosexuals.

Conclusion then IS, that you cannot simply point to religion and sing ''homophobes'' because reality is not that simple, and there are brutal atheists who will do brutal things to homosexuals. Ignoring that will not make it go away.

Not to mention that you simply ignored the homosexuals who get abused and beaten, sometimes killed by members of their own family - nothing to do with religion, but with ''shame''.

lil bitchiness

Now, if ALL political organizations that are against gay rights in country X are religious, it certainly says something about the general public in country X. It doesn't provide a specific and detailed picture but it does provide a very rough sketch.

Yes, that is precisely what I said, isn't it? "There is not a single homophobe among Atheists." yeah...

Finally, please do tell where I said there was proof the majority of homophobes are Christian.

Have I mentioned Christians? I don't think so. Freudian slip by you? Perhaps.

Fishy
Soho nail bomb, dropped in a gay bar in London, work of Neo-Nazis. Killed dozens of people. No religion involved.

The point is (I waited too long for this) that there has been research done on the boys in schools particularly and the homophobia.

Today, it appears that homophobia, and ''beatings'' of boys suspected of homophobia comes from the hyper-masculinity of many societies today.
But this study was carried out only in Sweden and England.

Beating up someone, or bullying someone for being homosexual, or suspecting to be a homosexual, is also a defence mechanism in assuring that you yourself will not be bullied or beaten up, as beating a homosexual shows that you are a ''real man''.

Religion is a stale reason for homophobia. There are far more sinister and reasons for being a homophobe, that ''religious people are homophobic'' simply takes the eyes away from the real issues.

Homophobia is a SOCIAL problem. And it will NOT go away if we remove religion. That thinking is a just looking for a simple solution to an extremely complicated problem.

There are a lot of people who are not homophobic because of religion, but because of numerous other socially related pressures.

A nail bomb incident in Soho in a gay bar, was a responsibility of Neo-Nazi group, who targest, black, asians and homosexuals.

Conclusion then IS, that you cannot simply point to religion and sing ''homophobes'' because reality is not that simple, and there are brutal atheists who will do brutal things to homosexuals. Ignoring that will not make it go away.

Not to mention that you simply ignored the homosexuals who get abused and beaten, sometimes killed by members of their own family - nothing to do with religion, but with ''shame''.

And where do you think that these feelings come from? It's the church and the mosque that started spreading believes that homosexuality is wrong in the first place. People may not go to church anymore but they still have the feelings they have against homosexuals because of the morale values the church put on us years ago.

That doesn't mean that there aren't any religious people out there that accept homosexuals, a great deal of them does. In some country's the majority in other country's it's the opposite. One Neo-Nazi group who in spirit of Nazism are often religious attacking a group of gays does not even come close to the amount of people in religious groups that hate gays without Nazism.

The entire social issue you speak of was created by religions and is kept up by religions, if the Pope would come out and say he had a vision where God told him gays were good that would solve a hell of a lot. In the end the church created it, and in the country's with the strongest anti-gay movements it are the churches or the imams leading the protests against gay rights.

Those school kids beating somebody up is a small result, but not that important kids beat kids up because they are different. Kids are cruel but they will likely grow out of their homophobic behavior unless they can continue to have a reason. And the most likely reason is upbringing, extreme Christian or Muslim upbringing.

backdoorman
Have I mentioned Christians? I don't think so. Freudian slip by you? Perhaps.
Trivial. If you choose to respond to my post in an eloquent manner, I will be glad to reply.

lil bitchiness

Much like Fishy, all you're saying is that church and religious groups don't like homosexuals. We all know that. What is it ''new'' that you're claiming?

You're also implying that if there was not religion, there would not be homophobia - which is just simply untrue.

lil bitchiness
And where do you think that these feelings come from? It's the church and the mosque that started spreading believes that homosexuality is wrong in the first place. People may not go to church anymore but they still have the feelings they have against homosexuals because of the morale values the church put on us years ago.

That doesn't mean that there aren't any religious people out there that accept homosexuals, a great deal of them does. In some country's the majority in other country's it's the opposite. One Neo-Nazi group who in spirit of Nazism are often religious attacking a group of gays does not even come close to the amount of people in religious groups that hate gays without Nazism.

The entire social issue you speak of was created by religions and is kept up by religions, if the Pope would come out and say he had a vision where God told him gays were good that would solve a hell of a lot. In the end the church created it, and in the country's with the strongest anti-gay movements it are the churches or the imams leading the protests against gay rights.

Those school kids beating somebody up is a small result, but not that important kids beat kids up because they are different. Kids are cruel but they will likely grow out of their homophobic behavior unless they can continue to have a reason. And the most likely reason is upbringing, extreme Christian or Muslim upbringing.

And yet again, you absolutely ignored my comment of the scrutany of gay people by their family members, out of ''shame''.

People don't wake up one day when they're no longer in school and proclaim they are homosexuals. Their feelings are not all of a sudden born after they left school. Scrutinizing begins there, and so does fear, and the research gave reasons as to WHY.

Nor are the kids who leave school all of a sudden like ''well what I did was wrong, I love homosexuals''.

Homophobia is entrenched everywhere - like a plague. You working, but not receiving equal treatment, sly comments and looks, intimidation, and all around hostility which is almost unnoticable, is all homophobia.

Homophobia is not just some crazy religious/fanatic/neo-nazi group giving a speech.

That kind of homophobia is easy to stamp. Its there. Its visible. Few morons waving their books around.

If that was only what the homophobia entailed, I don't think we'd have these kinds of problems. It is the one which is not visible, which is entrenched into the very system of society which one needs to work to eliminate.

If you believe that men created religion, then men created hostility towards homosexuals.

Hostility existed BEFORE religion, HENCE it was incroprated into it.

Fishy
And yet again, you absolutely ignored my comment of the scrutany of gay people by their family members, out of ''shame''.

Yet again? I didn't address it specifically once, big deal. The rest of my post still applied to this. Family's that are ashamed because their children are gay are so because they live in a place where extreme religious morales are common. Whether they are religious or not doesn't really matter, they wouldn't have hated gays if they weren't raised religious.

Who ever claimed it did? I personally believe gays are born as gay. But that is completely irrelevant isn't it? Children will be picked on all the time, it's just the way the world works. It's what children do to feel better. It's easy to pick on people, especially when you think you are better then them or when you think that their behavior is unnatural. Which comes from religious idea's.

No they aren't, but they will usually grow to be more accepting them around them, if their community is. Which is the case in most country's not ruled by religious nut jobs or overrun by them.

Which can be done by stepping away from the teachings of the church. Almost every country in the world that has problems with homosexuality has so because of religious groups in the country. The way to change the general opinions about gays is to take away the biggest factors that create hate against them. The religious groups. IF they were to say homosexuality isn't wrong, that it's normal that God doesn't hate gays and that we misinterpret the bible it would remove a lot of problems.

Yes you are right problems would continue to exist, it's part of our culture but that will change overtime with enough hard work. What you are doing is ignoring the reason why people hate homosexuals in the first place.

Yes men created hostility towards homosexuality, they did this through religion. Does that make the churches in this world innocent? Of course not, they are still responsible for what they preach, if a church moves away from those points then there is no real danger anymore, if they continue to preach their bullshit then the problem will only continue.

backdoorman
Much like Fishy, all you're saying is that church and religious groups don't like homosexuals. We all know that. What is it ''new'' that you're claiming?

You're also implying that if there was not religion, there would not be homophobia - which is just simply untrue.
What is "new" about what I am saying? What the hell are you on about? I am saying that it is likely that there are more religious homophobes than atheist homophobes.

Hahaha, I love it when you make stuff up, it's sexy. Don't bother to reply unless you prove I implied that.

Devil King
I have met homophobes that observe few, if any, religious traditions....except homophobia.

I think the reason so many people on here want to lump religion and homophobia is because so many people who hate gays are using religion as a mental refuge for their hatred. They couldn't give two shits about their religion. (a religion they haven't really practiced since their mothers dressed them up on Sunday afternoon and made them go to church) They are only looking for a justification for their hatred.

When backed into a corner, religion is really the only excuse they can throw out without refute, because there is little logic needed to fall back on religious doctrine.

And how is this possible? Because many religions spew this doctrine of ignorance that allows them refuge.

There are many christians, muslims and Jews that have abandoned those aspects of their faiths that allow for this type of blind hatred, as they have done over the centuries with a number of their outdated religous beliefs. But, on the other hand, there are a large number of those faithful that refuse to realize that religious doctrine can be updated and tweaked to get the point of their faith across without all the needless baggage of hatred.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Devil King
There are many christians, muslims and Jews that have abandoned those aspects of their faiths that allow for this type of blind hatred, as they have done over the centuries with a number of their outdated religous beliefs. But, on the other hand, there are a large number of those faithful that refuse to realize that religious doctrine can be updated and tweaked to get the point of their faith across without all the needless baggage of hatred.

thumb up

Bardock42

And?

It's not like the pro-homo people turn it into a religious debate alone, now is it?

It makes kinda sense...seeing as ... well...most homophobes on here are indeed religious...what is your point? Really?

FeceMan
Some people might just not like gays, much like some people just don't like stupid people.

Robtard
The vast majority of gay haters I have met and/or heard have used religion as a 'reason' for their hatred. As Devil King pointed out, are they factually religious or just using religion as a means to rationalize their irrational bigotry... I'll never know. I'm willing to "bet $6.00 dollars and my left nut" that most people in here have had similar experiences with people when it comes to "homophobia" and the reasoning used behind it.

lil bitchiness
I think the reason so many people on here want to lump religion and homophobia is because so many people who hate gays are using religion as a mental refuge for their hatred. They couldn't give two shits about their religion. (a religion they haven't really practiced since their mothers dressed them up on Sunday afternoon and made them go to church) They are only looking for a justification for their hatred.

Exactly. thumb up

All those people who create little groups like ''most homophobes are religious'' searching for some other group to point to - to distance from themselves and point like -

''look at me, I am not religious, thus I am not homophobic''

If you have a outright religious person, saying ''homosexuality is bad'' at least you know how you can deal with that. Its right there, in front of you.

If you have sly people, who look for someone else to point at in order for them to feel like they cannot be called homophobic are those who I dislike the most. Not just on here, but in real life especially.

Those are the same people who say things like:

''I have nothing against homosexuals''

Like homosexuals waited for their approval or something, and now they will clap and congratulate them for saying they have nothing against them.

Religious or not, there is still these sick superiority and the feeling that gays wait for their approval for being gay, and that they will be celebrated as 'friends of gays'' because THEY have nothing against homosexuals.

These people do not wish to understand homophobia, nor how it must be stopped - all they're concerned about is not being called a homophobe.

As I said previously, if it was only religious people homosexuals had problems with, that would cut down homophobia increasingly, and would give a complete and straight answer as to whom to target in regards to educating.
Reality is not that simple, and making it simple, is overlooking the real important issues.

lil bitchiness
The vast majority of gay haters I have met and/or heard have used religion as a 'reason' for their hatred. As Devil King pointed out, are they factually religious or just using religion as a means to rationalize their irrational bigotry... I'll never know. I'm willing to "bet $6.00 dollars and my left nut" that most people in here have had similar experiences with people when it comes to "homophobia" and the reasoning used behind it.

See people I met mostly, talk about homosexuals as not being ''real men'' and that they should be treated as that 'not real men'. (beaten)

Others were saying things like 'they are psychologically damaged / retarded''.

Some were saying that they were disgusting for the reason that they like the same sex, which is not normal.

Other excuse is homosexuality is abnormal because we were meant to reproduce and continue our speicies.

Others say that homosexuals will make other people think homosexuality is ok.

Most popular answer is that they are sick - so far.

Maybe because we live in different areas of the world.

Bardock42
Exactly. thumb up

All those people who create little groups like ''most homophobes are religious'' searching for some other group to point to - to distance from themselves and point like -

''look at me, I am not religious, thus I am not homophobic''

If you have a outright religious person, saying ''homosexuality is bad'' at least you know how you can deal with that. Its right there, in front of you.

If you have sly people, who look for someone else to point at in order for them to feel like they cannot be called homophobic are those who I dislike the most. Not just on here, but in real life especially.

Those are the same people who say things like:

''I have nothing against homosexuals''

Like homosexuals waited for their approval or something, and now they will clap and congratulate them for saying they have nothing against them.

Religious or not, there is still these sick superiority and the feeling that gays wait for their approval for being gay, and that they will be celebrated as 'friends of gays'' because THEY have nothing against homosexuals.

These people do not wish to understand homophobia, nor how it must be stopped - all they're concerned about is not being called a homophobe.

As I said previously, if it was only religious people homosexuals had problems with, that would cut down homophobia increasingly, and would give a complete and straight answer as to whom to target in regards to educating.
Reality is not that simple, and making it simple, is overlooking the real important issues.

Y-you know that Eis, the guy you debated with....is actually gay, right?

Hardly fits your little group you just made up.

But it really doesn't matter, as the answer to the initial question is easily answered as it is a fact that on KMC the outspoken part of the anti-homosexual movement is Religious.

It ends that way not because everyone wants to just discuss the Religious aspects, but because that is the aspects that are used as arguments from that side.

If someone sometime should bring up secular reasons only why homosexuality is wrong, it will be discussed by those standards, just....that never happens here.

FeceMan
Correct on this point.

Unlike Sithsabre...he hates gays.

Religious doctrine can be updated. Religious truth, however, cannot. You'll find that any "outdated" religious beliefs espoused by Christianity were not, in fact, biblical at all.

Devil King
Unlike Sithsabre...he hates gays.

I don't think Sithsabre hates gays. I think he thinks he should, and that his religion tells him that they deserve less than equal treatment and consideration by the law.

Religious doctrine can be updated. Religious truth, however, cannot. You'll find that any "outdated" religious beliefs espoused by Christianity were not, in fact, biblical at all.

Is the Torah a part of the christian Bible?

FeceMan
I don't think Sithsabre hates gays. I think he thinks he should, and that his religion tells him that they deserve less than equal treatment and consideration by the law.
*Rubs his temples.*

Why do you say that?

Yes...

Devil King
*Rubs his temples.*

Why do you say that?

That's what I've gathered about him from his posts. Compare the two of you. You're religious, but you don't hate gay people. You even realize that a couple of the stories from the bible that are used to propagate the notion that god hates gays are misinterpreted. Well, he's one of those people who takes the bible as literally as it's explained to him by his minister and fellow bible thumpers. I'm so hard on him because he's being willfully ignorant. (plus that crap about my dad molesting me when I was a baby)

Yes...

Good.

FeceMan
That's what I've gathered about him from his posts. Compare the two of you. You're religious, but you don't hate gay people. You even realize that a couple of the stories from the bible that are used to propagate the notion that god hates gays are misinterpreted. Well, he's one of those people who takes the bible as literally as it's explained to him by his minister and fellow bible thumpers. I'm so hard on him because he's being willfully ignorant. (plus that crap about my dad molesting me when I was a baby)
First of all, those verses aren't stories. Whether you believe the Bible as being the Word of God or not, the Law is merely a set of rulings for the Jewish people.

Secondly, any true Christian--blasted Calvinists--will say that God loves gays even if they believe that homosexuality is a sin.

*Scratches his head.*

Devil King
First of all, those verses aren't stories. Whether you believe the Bible as being the Word of God or not, the Law is merely a set of rulings for the Jewish people.

I was talking about sodom and gomorrah.

Secondly, any true Christian--blasted Calvinists--will say that God loves gays even if they believe that homosexuality is a sin.

I'm not talking about god loving the sinner. I'm talking about you.

*Scratches his head.*

There's a lot of crap in the old testament that a lot of people took seriously for a very long time.

Bardock42
I must say your interpretation of Sodom and Gomorrah gave me more insight than I had before, and actually made me hate Christianity less...I still think sithsabre should be killed though...just for good measure.

Quiero Mota

You really wanna kick Sithsaber's ass dont you?

Devil King
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You really wanna kick Sithsaber's ass dont you?

No. Does it sound that way?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.