He-Man Returns to the Big Screen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam_PoE

ADarksideJedi
Should be interesting but no way am I watching it.The tv show was lame and so the movie will suck!jm

Green Scar
Nah.

Eldon
jim carey should be he-man lol

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I have no idea who is playing He- Man. There were only a handfull of good episodes. I hope they get some sort of bodybuilder type.

dave_kodak
Dolph Lundgren

Green Scar
laughing

Yoshi Fanatic
I'm sure that any body builder can play He-Man. Of course, he has to have ripped abs. Some body builders are bulky and don't really have a ripped midsection. Take this from someone with a chiseled 8 pack, big grin : abs makes a body builder look a lot better.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Yoshi Fanatic
I'm sure that any body builder can play He-Man. Of course, he has to have ripped abs. Some body builders are bulky and don't really have a ripped midsection. Take this from someone with a chiseled 8 pack, big grin : abs makes a body builder look a lot better. Originally posted by dave_kodak
Dolph Lundgren

Yoshi Fanatic
Who's Dolph Lundgren? Would you mind posting a good picture of him?

Adam_PoE

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/dolphlundgren/dolphlundgren4.jpg

Yoshi Fanatic
Oh, okay. He would make a great He-Man. I wonder if he would WANT to portray He-Man...

Count Makashi
Jack Black, would fit the role perfectly.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Jack Black, would fit the role perfectly.

I didn't realize He-Man was going to be a comedy.

Yoshi Fanatic
I hope it isn't a comedy. It needs to be packed with action.

dave_kodak
Who's Dolph Lundgren? Would you mind posting a good picture of him? He WAS He-man, thats why i said it.

In the first Live Action movie of Heman he was Heman.

Yoshi Fanatic
Oh. Well, if he already played He-Man in a live action movie, then I doubt that he would portray He-Man again. I'm pretty sure that a younger, yet muscular actor should portray He-Man.

dave_kodak
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093507/ lol

Yoshi Fanatic
Cool. Now all we need is for someone who looks like him to portray He-Man. Any suggestions?

charlemagne9746
I heard Brad Pitt was cast to play He-Man

dave_kodak
Dolph could still do it! and if not him... erm... Paul McGillion

Thorrin
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
I heard Brad Pitt was cast to play He-Man Yeah, like he would commit career suicide like that.

Marxman
No body builders! It would just suck if they got a body builder just because he was big and strong. They should just find an actor in good shape and work him out like they did to the guys in 300.

Pandemoniac
To bad they messed up the first movie (not that it's source material would make a really good movie). Lundgren was perfect for the role of He-Man back then, can't think of anyone that has those looks and moves now.

2D_MASTER
I heard that Danny Devito was going to be He-man.

pr1983
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
To bad they messed up the first movie (not that it's source material would make a really good movie). Lundgren was perfect for the role of He-Man back then, can't think of anyone that has those looks and moves now.

i liked the dolph lundgren movie...

dave_kodak
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
To bad they messed up the first movie (not that it's source material would make a really good movie). Lundgren was perfect for the role of He-Man back then, can't think of anyone that has those looks and moves now. the only problem i found with the old movie was the fact their writers... they kinda Really sucked.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I have no idea who is playing He-Man. I hope they get someone good and can act. Also hopefully the cgi effects will be great.

Adam_PoE

Faith27
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news2927.jpg

Mark Question
This guy has a bit of sense about him... Could be cool.

Mark Question
He should start with the minicomic and go from there: "In the earliest series of minicomics released with the original toys, He-Man is a wandering barbarian on the world of Eternia, which is dealing with the aftermath of a Great War that has devastated the civilizations that once ruled supreme over all lesser beings, but has left behind advanced machinery and weaponry. The Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, called "The Goddess" in some early appearances, gives He-Man special powers and weapons, and he sets out to defend the secrets of Castle Grayskull from the evil villain Skeletor."

Faith27
Dolph Lundgren???Is he the guy on Stallone's Rambo film???

Deicide
Peter Jackson should make a He-Man movie. he could bring the world of Eternia to life and give new life to the franchise.....

coolmovies
Great news skeltor said he would be back but only 20 years later
Now make Thundercats !!!

Deicide
make a f^^kin GOD of WAR movie!!!!
Kratos Rules!!!!!!!!!

tonylenk
dolph for he man!!! his IQ is massive

Dreamreaver
Another freaking He-Man movie? Why don't they just make a live action Sponge Bob movie. I won't lie, as a child of the late 80's early 90's I liked He-Man but c'mon. I think everyone in the universe can admit that it sucked in just about every way possible.

Robtard
He-Man didn't suck, it wasn't as good as GI Joe, Transformers, Inhumanoids or Thundercats, but it was decent. It's still far better than a vast majority of the shit cartoons they have today. She-Ra, now that sucked.

mr.smiley
Last I read WB bailed out on making this.
Was looking a little foward to it though.

Adam_PoE

Kazenji
Lets hope they don't **** it up.

CATMANEXE
if they make it like it was intended, like the original Lovecraft-esque comics that came with the figures then it will rock, but im not holding my breath.

Robtard
Here's hoping they keep He-man in that uber-gay studded bandoleer and furry loincloth.

Adam_PoE

Kazenji
I've got a baaaad feeling about this since its the same guy that did the Chun-Li movie script.

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE

Benhacker
Here is a fan made trailer for the He-Man movie

He-Man: Masters of the Universe Movie Teaser

Benhacker cool

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65056

Robtard
Here's hoping they cast Matt Damon as the lead.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Here's hoping they cast Matt Damon as the lead.

why don't they just get dolph again? stick out tongue laughing laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
why don't they just get dolph again? stick out tongue laughing laughing

-He's a shit actor

-He's aged very poorly

BruceSkywalker
-He's a shit actor

-He's aged very poorly

yes he is

yes he has

but honestly i have no idea who can play him

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
yes he is

yes he has

but honestly i have no idea who can play him

Matt Damon, I already told you.

BruceSkywalker
Matt Damon, I already told you.

i forgot big grin

Lord Shadow Z
Here's hoping they keep He-man in that uber-gay studded bandoleer and furry loincloth.

You forgot the bleach-blond hair and instant tan! laughing

Kinasin
HE-MAN FTW

FistOfThe North
my picks for adam

brock lesnar
that chatham dude
the guy who's palying as capt. a
the guy who's playing as thor
drew brees
eli manning
fred from youtube
stone cold
toby mcguire

skeletor

chris walken
benicio deltoro
the guy who played the new freddy kruger
dude who played g.g. in spiderman 1
the guy who played as whiplash in ironman 2

ha..

Kinasin
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
my picks for adam

brock lesnar
that chatham dude
the guy who's palying as capt. a
the guy who's playing as thor
drew brees
eli manning
fred from youtube
stone cold
toby mcguire

skeletor

chris walken
benicio deltoro
the guy who played the new freddy kruger
dude who played g.g. in spiderman 1
the guy who played as whiplash in ironman 2

ha..
Nrock lesnar is way to ugly and mickey rourke to old

Kinasin
MfLiwcbgYJ4
another fan trailer

alex4u
I really want to see He man on the big screen.

roughrider
Originally posted by alex4u
I really want to see He man on the big screen.

He-Man is silly and has been made redundant by the success of THOR.

In essence, Masters Of The Universe is a roundabout rip off of THOR anyway. The 1987 movie patterned itself after DC Comics New Gods series, and the New Gods were created by Jack Kirby as an attempt to do Marvel's THOR in a purely science fiction setting, with many of the characters getting different names.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by roughrider
He-Man is silly and has been made redundant by the success of THOR.

In essence, Masters Of The Universe is a roundabout rip off of THOR anyway. The 1987 movie patterned itself after DC Comics New Gods series, and the New Gods were created by Jack Kirby as an attempt to do Marvel's THOR in a purely science fiction setting, with many of the characters getting different names.

Didn't know that, cool.

I wouldn't say He-Man is redundant though, he has his own line of supporting characters, he has a transformation whereas Thor doesn't, he can't fly or use any elemental powers. His look is completely different to Thor. His abilities are obviously sword based, although the '87 movie had him firing lasers which really suited what they did with that particular movie.

We still haven't seen the transformation angle or Cringer/Battlecat not to mention a whole host of other characters/concepts that weren't given an outing.

The '87 movie by itself did a lot of things right really (which is why I think a re-make hasn't happened yet), Lundgren's look and presence in the role, having 'He-Man' there at the outset, giving a more techy feel to the universe (the cosmic key, lasers), believable Man-At-Arms and Teela, Evil Lynn being sufficiently creepy, The Beastman, Sorceress and the amazing portrayal of Skeletor-no one will top Langella's performance.

Victory-prime
i hope they'll do it right, this time.

Adam_PoE

Robtard
Have little hope that this will be good(see: GI Joe), but am looking forward to it cos it's He-Man.

FUEGO BEATS
That seems interesting but I am waiting for Thundercats. I have been waiting since I was like 8 lol. I hope they ont screw the movie up tho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.