Thanos vs Spider-Man : 60 minutes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kid Kurdy
For some reason, Thanos wants Spider-Man dead within the hour. Spider-Man knows this, and he also realizes that he's no match for Thanos, so he won't try to actually fight him.

But he can't hide either, because Thanos technology can track him everywhere he goes.

Can Thanos - Thanos, not his technology - kill Spider-Man within the hour, without leveling NYC ?

guy222
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
For some reason, Thanos wants Spider-Man dead within the hour. Spider-Man knows this, and he also realizes that he's no match for Thanos, so he won't try to actually fight him.

But he can't hide either, because Thanos technology can track him everywhere he goes.

Can Thanos - Thanos, not his technology - kill Spider-Man within the hour, without leveling NYC ?

Not if Stan Lee writes it

Tron
Why would he care about not leveling NYC?

Gorbag
Originally posted by Tron
Why would he care about not leveling NYC?

Exactly laughing out loud why should Thanos care?

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Gorbag
Exactly, why should Thanos care?
Because the thread starter - a brilliant young new member - said so.

Personally I think Thanos will have a very hard time killing Spider-Man within the hour, but that's just me, it's not like I'm brilliant or so.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Tron
Why would he care about not leveling NYC? Why should Thanos even care about Pete? confused

Kid Kurdy
See above.

Endless Mike
Thanos could just shut down his mind telepathically

jinzin
Thanos can't level NYC?

erm

Guess Petey's home free then.... If they were fighting in NYC, Thanos wouldn't care though, innocent civilians would be easy bait to lour Peter into a losing fight.
If there's no civilians, then peter might be able to hide for 60 mintues.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by jinzin
Thanos can't level NYC?

erm

Guess Petey's home free then.... If they were fighting in NYC, Thanos wouldn't care though, innocent civilians would be easy bait to lour Peter into a losing fight.
If there's no civilians, then peter might be able to hide for 60 mintues.
No hiding for Spider-Man, read the first post.

TheGame17
can thanos run fast?

Kid Kurdy
Not that I know.

Sparkz
Well if all he has to do is run away for an hour he probably could, unless Thanos can move at light speed which I don't think he can but I'm unsure.

xmarksthespot
Or Thanos could just kidnap a dozen schoolchildren and threaten to eviscerate them unless Spider-Man comes.

Kid Kurdy
Again, no hiding or running for Spider-Man. They face each other.

charlemagne9746
Again, no hiding or running for Spider-Man. They face each other.

But, you said that Spiderman would not actually try to fight him....now you say that Spiderman faces him. If Spidey doesn't want to fight him...then his only option is really to run and hide out somewhere...avoid Thanos completely for an hour.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
But, you said that Spiderman would not actually try to fight him....now you say that Spiderman faces him. If Spidey doesn't want to fight him...then his only option is really to run and hide out somewhere...avoid Thanos completely for an hour.
Maybe it wasn't very clear - my apologies - but although Spider-Man faces him, he won't actually try to beat him, because he knows he doesn't stand a chance.

But he's not gonna run either, or hide. He'll just bounce all over the place, annoy Thanos, the usual hit and run tactics, come back to web up his eyes (like that will work but you get the idea) and so on.

Can he do that for an hour against Thanos ?

Rewmac
Again, no hiding or running for Spider-Man. They face each other. This is just nonsense. You always come with no hiding there is no point. Nobody said he is hiding, but luring him into a trap is more of Thanos's way and PEte won't directly fight him he has to fight him and Thanos luring him is the best chance Thanos has to find him.

Rewmac
Maybe it wasn't very clear - my apologies - but although Spider-Man faces him, he won't actually try to beat him, because he knows he doesn't stand a chance.

But he's not gonna run either, or hide. He'll just bounce all over the place, annoy Thanos, the usual hit and run tactics, come back to web up his eyes (like that will work but you get the idea) and so on.

Can he do that for an hour against Thanos ? Won't actually try to beat him? So it's either jumping around or running...There is no actual meaning of this thread there is too much contradiction here.

No hiding, no running but also he is not facing Thanos?? Again I say this there has no actual debate in it.

jollyjim311
Thanos pops Peters head in the first second of the fight, then he levels NYC, then he re-creates it to satisfy the thread.

Wally West
Thanos could just attack his mind.

Or fire off some energy blasts and direct them towards Spidey, in the cosmic cube saga in one fight he fires off a blast that changes direction and sneaks up on Drax from behind. Hes also mentally phased before, i.e. teleported, without tech, so could follow Spider-Man around that way. Or just trap him inside a block of pure force like he did to Odin, which was without tech.

Scarlet_Spidey
So are we saying Thanos WITH or WITHOUT Infinity Gauntlet ?

With : complete and total and superior OWNAGE
Without : this could get interesting

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
So are we saying Thanos WITH or WITHOUT Infinity Gauntlet ?

With : complete and total and superior OWNAGE
Without : this could get interesting

Did anyone mention the Infinity Gauntlet at any point? why even bring it up? it's far from "regular equipment"

Why does someone have to bring up the IG in every single Thanos thread?

erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Scoobless

Why does someone have to bring up the IG in every single Thanos thread?

You really have ask?

Scoobless
Since it constantly happens, yes.

Estacado
Does Thanos have the HOTU?313

Ouallada
^If he did, he would recreate reality without this thread.

Spiderman is screwed. Short and sweet.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos could just attack his mind.
That could work. But Thanos isn't exactly Prof X, mind you.

But I agree, it could work.

That wouldn't work. SM dodges multiple lasers without blinking an eye.

Wouldn't help much. And I don't think he can teleport without using tech.

So Thanos takes an experimental weapon and traps Thor with it, but against Odin, he just "made" the block of pure force just by wanting it ?

That's hard to believe. It's a known fact that Thanos uses a lot of tech, even if you don't see it always. And even if he could do such a thing, SM is a very agile and fast mobile with an built-in alarm system, kinda hard to trap such a guy in pure force.

Estacado
no expression

Rewmac
Originally posted by Estacado
no expression Like I said...No real anything in this thread shifty

Wally West
So Thanos takes an experimental weapon and traps Thor with it, but against Odin, he just "made" the block of pure force just by wanting it ?

That's hard to believe. It's a known fact that Thanos uses a lot of tech, even if you don't see it always. And even if he could do such a thing, SM is a very agile and fast mobile with an built-in alarm system, kinda hard to trap such a guy in pure force.
But he clearly didn't have the weapon he used against Thor in his fight with Odin, and his eye lit up when he trapped Odin in the same way it does when he uses almost any of his powers. He also trapped Cyclops' head in the same sort of thing in Infinity Gauntlet when he reduced himself to the power gem. It doesn't matter how fast Spider-Man is, he isn't faster than Odin, so if he can get trapped so can Spider-Man.

DigiMark007
He doesn't need to level NYC. Building-sized blasts would be more than Spidey could dodge, and still essentially leave the city intact.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Wally West
He also trapped Cyclops' head in the same sort of thing in Infinity Gauntlet when he reduced himself to the power gem. It doesn't matter how fast Spider-Man is, he isn't faster than Odin, so if he can get trapped so can Spider-Man.
But Odin was... just standing there... he wasn't exactly a moving target.

And the Cyclop's thing, well, Thanos had the IG back then, so that really doesn't count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.