K' vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charlotte DeBel
That thread is made just as some sort of investigatory experiment, out of curiosity. Digi, I promice you that won't become a trend (unless some socks take up "bad example"wink so please don't close that one immediately.

K' (Neosun comics version)
vs
Wolverine

Fight is on 20*20 arena, KO for 15 seconds is a win.

Estacado
bump

Charlotte DeBel
So, the point was to see how would Wolverine fare against a skilled martial artist, who's arguably faster than Logan (has a great deal of feats to support that), agile and has desent energy-based powers.

IMO, against calm and patient fighter Wolvie's berserker rage would be little help.

llagrok
How fast is this guy? Compared to a comic book character.

Avalonofthewind
She linked to his respect thread on the first post.

llagrok
Yeah, I asked her to compare him to a comic book guy smile

Charlotte DeBel
Look at the respect thread. There're comics showings (it's a pity that part of Balckout showings was ruined by recent Imageshack "plague"wink.

But if you want numbers... In games, his Blackout evasive move is shown as a teleportation. In reality (and in NeoSun comics on which I've based the thread) it's just a speedup to the point when he looks like a black blurry shadow to the human eye. The speed is compared (and maybe even greater) to the one chi-amped Iron Fist demonstrated when dodged bullets by "weaving" betweeen them. K' has a bit similiar feat in comics when he used his Blackout speedup to dodge computer aimed mashinegun fire (last post on the second page of his respect thread)...So, that's basically low level speedster level.

llagrok
Could probably speedblitz Wolverine then.

Superboy Prime
I think the more important point is if K's firepower will actually K.O. Wolverine, and for how long before his HF kicks in.

But I haven't seen the comics K', so I can't tell for sure.

Charlotte DeBel
As for speed fighting, well...he can deliever about 14-15 punches per second.
As for strenght...I think that he's on Nightwing level, maybe a bit higher. But definetely not as strong as Wolverine with adamantium skeleton. On the other hand, K' can (and often does that) use his fire-related powers to add extra strength to his kicks and punches. You know, focusing flame inwards and things like that...

Superboy Prime
BTW I will check the K respect thread later, kind of busy at the moment.

Charlotte DeBel
Actually, in comics K' is even stronger than in games...He has some interesting (and desent) flame control feats- like the one with lava stream. See the respect thread for more..

And as for KO...KOing for 15 seconds is a win.

Charlotte DeBel
Actually without KO rule the only Wolvie's steady chance in that fight is to regenerate from everything (from skilled kicks/punches to deadly flame blasts that are capable on blowing up skyscrapers) and to wait until his opponent gets tired...or bored, which is more likely to happen.
And with this rule... K' is more than capable of KOing Wolvie for those 15 seconds. He's faster and more agile than Wolverine on average, capable on keeping distance and is a skilled martial artist with his own mixed (most probably Jet Kun Do based) but very effective fighting style. While Wolvie fighting skills are a bit rusty by now and fighting on instincts and berserk rage against patient skilled fighter is not the best idea in the world.
IMO, that's enough for 9\10 victory.

long pig
K sounds like Deathstroke but not as strong or smart....which is still enough to beat wolverine.

Speed+Strength+Long Range wins again!

Charlotte DeBel
As for battle calculation, he justdoesn't need to do it himself- he has a Canadian cyborg partner and best friend who does it for him if needed, so he dosn't suffer from the absense of Midnighter-like calculation powers, having a friend with those powers. But he's very creative person when it comes to battle improvisation...

Strenghtwise K' might be weaker than Wolvie...at least when it comes to lifting strenght (he wasn't seen lifting anything heavier than 240 kg). But lower lifting strenght doesn't matter there, since K' can hit with at least a few tons force (speed affects the force of hit; also he can add tis pyrokinesis powers into it). And it isn't a weightlifting contest, so Wolvie's lifting strenght advantage doesn't help him much.

Charlotte DeBel
Another Wolvie's supporters argument is his experience- Wolverine is almost 200 years old, while his opponent is just 19 years old (though he was raised as a "killing machine" since he was around 10 years old)... Well, Wolvie was KOed by people much younger than he...and his Chang Chi fight is f*cking PIS...Chang Chi is a horribly underrated character...maybe even more underrated than Taskmaster.

So age isn't the thing that matters there, especially taking into account that Wolverine rarely uses his fighting skills on "uber level" so without practice they became a bit rusty.

llagrok
Wolverine's fighting skills aren't rusty.

Taskmaster is skilled but has turned into a jobber lately. He doesn't possess any ACTUAL skill, he copies others.

Shang Chi should beat anyone below class 40. If Wolvie beat him, that's PIS.

Check out "The hunted" and "best there is" for insane Wolverine feats. The man can have his eye ripped out with no healing factor and still survive smile

If K uses his speed then he should win this pretty much every time. If he tries to use ranged, Wolverine can endure it and kill him. Skill won't save Wolverine when his speed is sub-par.

Charlotte DeBel
I know about Wolverine's feats. And Wolvie's fight with Shang Chi was a bit like his fight with Lobo. Shang Chi is easily one of the best Marvel martial artists..and he gets owned in 4 panels of relatively crappy fight? That was stupid. Shang shouldn't have lost like that...And that shameful 5 in handbook...Poor Shang...

And about tactics...You're right. Pyrokinesis alone won't be the key to the Kay Dash's victory...but superior speed and agility are. Pyrokinesis helps only in the way that unlike Wolvie, K' isn't limited to close range attacks, and fast and agile enough to avoid Wolvie's claws...but he isn't someone like Torch or Nitro, who are pyrokinesis-happy only. He's at least at Iron Fist level as a martial artist. And 15 well landed fiery punches and kicks per second would surely be more that annoyance to Wolvie...

llagrok
No 19 year old is on Iron Fist' level. Take X-23 for example, trained for many, many years. Still no comparable to Iron Fist.

It's true that Shang has turned into a jobber lately, he got owned by that Dragon in "Wisdom" as well. He doesn't get as much credit as he should.

Wolverine's no slowbie either, he has enhanced strength which is above peak human and he has very good feats against speedsters. Given his strength, I'd give Wolverine the majority here, strength and healing factor.

Attacking tires K. Wolverine took bullets and cuts from a hundred people smile

Charlotte DeBel
KO for 15 seconds is a win.
How do you think- is this
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8819/kof992610xz5.th.jpghttp://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4361/kof992611fb9.th.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/4271/kof993328ga5.th.jpg

enough to KO Wolvie for 15 seconds?

Charlotte DeBel
Yes, I'm stubborn. And intensive "supersoldier" training which started when our whitehaired handsome adaptable flame was around 10 years old (intensive to the point that K' still hates everything related to regular training, including official sports competitions) surely had its results...

He can't boast the knowledge of various styles (it's like "I know many scary foreign words..."wink but he has his personal mixed fighting style (includes elements of Jet Kun Do, Vale Tudo and a great deal of improvisation), which employs his strong points (speed, agility, firepowers).

llagrok
Wolverine's the best there is. 'nuff said.

The Fake Macoy
Looking at those scans, it does look like K' has a good chance to beat Wolverine.

llagrok
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Looking at those scans, it does look like K' has a good chance to beat Wolverine.

Didn't you get the memo? You're Canadian, you don't have a choice but to stick up for him smile

Charlotte DeBel
K' was brought up by a Canadian...So, Wolvie's origin shouldn't affect the decision.

And K' wins 8-9\10 wink

Jebus reborn
K' was brought up by a Canadian...So, Wolvie's origin shouldn't affect the decision.

And K' wins 8-9 wink F*ck I hate those Canadians...

Charlotte DeBel
They are normal. It isn't K's guilt that his best older friend (who is like a guardian or adoptive father to him) is Canadian...

Jebus reborn
They are normal. It isn't K's guilt that his best older friend (who is like a guardian or adoptive father to him) is Canadian... Ya, I'm Canadian.

What are you implying?
stick out tongue

Charlotte DeBel
Nothing, my dear maple syrup lover.

llagrok
Well, if it's 15 sec K.O then isn't it enough to simply hold your opponent down? Wolverine's healing factor needs more time to work :P

Charlotte DeBel
Well, let's make it 40 seconds KO. Because I have heard too much of that " conmpletely regenerates in half a minute from being scorched to the bones"...

llagrok
I don't think K would burn away all his flesh, it'll probably go like it did in "the best there is" Where Wolverine walks through flamethrowers and rains of bullets and uses a flaming body to lit his cigarette smile

Charlotte DeBel
With one "minor difference". K' wouldn't just stand there and watch surrealistic picture of flaming Wolverine ramming towards him. He'll dodgesmile

llagrok
With one "minor difference". K' wouldn't just stand there and watch surrealistic picture of flaming Wolverine ramming towards him. He'll dodgesmile

Good point.

I can't really say I know enough about K to give an objective reply. I've read 30 years worth of Wolverine comics. I'm biased as hell xD

Charlotte DeBel
I understand. K' has not too impressive portfolio in games and comics- his first appearance was in 1999.

I've discussed that versus with a friend of mine, who's a Wolverine fan. He says that Wolvie would most probably lose that since to win he has to prevent Kay Dash from using pyrokinesis by stabbing him really fast and really serious. Giving K's superiority in terms of speed and agility, it would be a difficult task.

Bouboumaster
Wolverine fight against the Hulk, I don't think a dude who can lift barely 240kg will affect him to much.

I think that Wolverine will win, because the manga boy will be to tired after a while to continue to fight.

I hate manga.

Estacado
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine fight against the Hulk, I don't think a dude who can lift barely 240kg will affect him to much.

I think that Wolverine will win, because the manga boy will be to tired after a while to continue to fight.

no expression

Charlotte DeBel
Also, when talking about "raw power" people often confuse lifting strength with the force of hit. In terms of lifting strength SNK guys for the most part are not that impressive (Captain America level), but the power of their hits/punches is devastating. That's where chi-amping comes into play... For example, Terry's lifting strength is peak human (Captain America level), yet the force of his hits is in 5-10 tons range at least (he destroyed giant boulder with the punch once).
Lifting strength and the force of hit aren't the same thing. Speed and energy amping affect the force of hit very much... Just to avoid misinterpretations.

Lifting strength isn't what matters there. The force of hits matters.

That's why Shang Chi is much more dangerous opponent than Rhino...

llagrok
Lifting strength isn't what matters there. The force of hits matters.

That's why Shang Chi is much more dangerous opponent than Rhino...

Rhino's a notorious jobber, so that was a bad example smile

That's why Northstar is much more dangerous than Mammoth.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by llagrok
Rhino's a notorious jobber, so that was a bad example smile

That's why Northstar is much more dangerous than Mammoth.

That's right. And lifting strength is the last thing for K' to rely on in his fights. His strongest points are speed\agility\pyrokinesis, which all are exploited by his unique mixed fighting style which is effective enough to cause troubles even to Wolverine...despite "little hairy god with claws" adepts would disagree with this.

And as for stamina...a person who's not spoiled by healing factor (he has only conditioned metabolism and maybe some sort of chi healing- but K' definetely can deaden himself to pain) but can deliberately allow to be stabbed with rapier just to get himself in better position for beating rapier's owner and then continue to fight with desent level of skill, definitely can last for at least a couple of minutes against Wolvie.
Though Wolvie's unlimited stamina is one of his greatest advantages there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.