What makes a good Logo For a Superhero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy
Superman's logo and batman's logo goes well wither names but how can logo be interesting?

CasanoVa
Can you stop making threads? erm

Rewmac
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Can you stop making threads? erm Owning...

NoFate007
Simple yet not too simple. Superman's S-shield is a good example. Essentially, its just an S with a border, but its not literally just "S" inside of a triangle or something. If Batman's logo was just a giant letter B, nobody would remember it. Spider-Man's logo is a spider shape but it doesn't have tons of detail. Etc.

The Prophecy
what about this one?

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/Qezel360/0qlogo.gif

manorastroman
qezel is a stupid idea and i hope you drop it. soon.

The Prophecy
Edited Down

The Prophecy
Originally posted by manorastroman
qezel is a stupid idea and i hope you drop it. soon.

Some people said the Same thing about Superman and looked what happened. But just to satisfy my curiosity why do you think it's a stupid idea?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Prophecy
Some people said the Same thing about Superman and looked what happened.

Superman is still a dumb Superhero though erm

But just to satisfy my curiosity why do you think it's a stupid idea?

You need to contact the industry not us. The character you've concienved is also ridiculously powerful (over God?) so writing a story for him would be hard to sell and harder to write.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

You need to contact the industry not us. The character you've concienved is also ridiculously powerful (over God?) so writing a story for him would be hard to sell and harder to write.

SC how many times have we discussed this matter. I thought we all came up with the conclusion that Qezel dosent start off like that. He starts off as a low level metahuman. meaning it takes him years ans years to get where to his potential. Anyways Superman may be stupid to you and some others but he happen to be a worldwide icon...right?
Also I'm posting threads about Qezel do get everyone's opinion on things before I finalize him. Out of all people I an believe you would not already know that....... sad no

CasanoVa
Sounds like a bad, rehashed Spawn to me erm

The Prophecy
Sounds like a bad, rehashed Spawn to me erm

Well of course it's going to sound similar too something you may know. Everything is about already taken. Also what is it that is bad about it and dont say everything unless you read his origin. Otherwise your assuming therefore. You conclusion has no back. Also instead of givong me such bad remarks you would be giving me advice or saying nothing at all.
Another thing Spawns is not the son of the devil or his first Trinity.Also Spawn's mother is not a Sepherim angel,with a son that has the energies of th emost powrful of all time flowing through his veins And as I said before he doesnt start off like this. I'll make it interesting.

CasanoVa
Well of course it's going to sound similar too something you may know. Everything is about already taken. Also what is it that is bad about it and dont say everything unless you read his origin. Otherwise your assuming therefore. You conclusion has no back. Also instead of givong me such bad remarks you would be giving me advice or saying nothing at all.

It's an open forum, I'll say whatever I want to.

I am trying to help, if I wasn't I would of said:

"It sounds shit"

But I didn't wink.

It sounds too similar to Spawn to be honest, whatever differences there may be in their origins they are both very similar in the fact they rise from street level to like God. It's like Superman and Captain Marvel really, Qezel (i dont like the name at all), would be the Captain Marvel to Spawn's Superman.

And I don't think there'd be enough room on the market for another Spawn type character really erm.

The Prophecy
It's an open forum, I'll say whatever I want to.

I am trying to help, if I wasn't I would of said:

"It sounds shit"

But I didn't wink.

It sounds too similar to Spawn to be honest, whatever differences there may be in their origins they are both very similar in the fact they rise from street level to like God. It's like Superman and Captain Marvel really, Qezel (i dont like the name at all), would be the Captain Marvel to Spawn's Superman.

And I don't think there'd be enough room on the market for another Spawn type character really erm.
Oh I'm not taking away your freedom of speech. It wasn't a command.
He also is born with his powers after being sent to earth ant the beginning of the first Holy war to another time and universe than his other siblings. Therefore he doesn't start off as a street leveler but as a low ranked meta-human. Why don't you like the name?

CasanoVa
Oh I'm not taking away your freedom of speech. It wasn't a command.
He also is born with his powers after being sent to earth ant the beginning of the first Holy war to another time and universe than his other siblings. Therefore he doesn't start off as a street leveler but as a low ranked meta-human. Why don't you like the name?

Well, the story aswell just goes along with it.. the whole thing seems too biblical to be honest.

Without a large publisher, I don't see any biblical-ish character getting very far to be honest erm.

The name just seems too cheesy, it sounds like you're purposely trying to make his name sound cool. Something simple would do alot better.

The Prophecy
Well, the story aswell just goes along with it.. the whole thing seems too biblical to be honest.

Without a large publisher, I don't see any biblical-ish character getting very far to be honest erm.

The name just seems too cheesy, it sounds like you're purposely trying to make his name sound cool. Something simple would do alot better.

No No No! trust me it's not going to be very bibical! They'll be alot of fictional things in the series! (Qa-Zel)Qezel. Do you have another name?

Redatom65

BLASPHEMY! mad

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Redatom65
BLASPHEMY! mad yes I agree

Redatom65
when i saw your logo. first thing i thought of. Incredibles

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Redatom65
when i saw your logo. first thing i thought of. Incredibles
I could see why. smile That's why I'm asking people on how I can make it better . but still simple.

Redatom65
Just telling you the first thing that popped into mind. Good luck with your character amigo

The Prophecy
Yep Thanks!

Rick/Genis
So.... does is this "qezel" supposed to be Smart? Because he SHOULD know that After "Q" there must come a "U"...

Alfheim
Can you stop making threads? erm

Dont think hes breaking the rules. Leave him alone?

Superman's logo and batman's logo goes well wither names but how can logo be interesting?

He doesnt have to have a logo.

Originally posted by Rick/Genis
So.... does is this "qezel" supposed to be Smart? Because he SHOULD know that After "Q" there must come a "U"...

I suspect Qezel is a transliteration so it may not matter.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Alfheim
Dont think hes breaking the rules. Leave him alone?

He doesnt have to have a logo.

I suspect Qezel is a transliteration so it may not matter.

Thanks Alfheim! smile I just thhough it would be cool for him to have a logo because of him being the second son of the Devil maybe like a family crest. Then after a while he changes it on his own.

The Prophecy

It's pronounced. (Qa-Zel) anyway.

Darth Vicious

I agree completely. Same thing with Superman, Ive never being a big fan of the character because he is too powerful. Most of his villains are plain stupid to believe they can bring Supes down. Only a few of his villains are actual threats (Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Mogul). Same thing with ur character, waaaayy too powerful to be interesting.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I agree completely. Same thing with Superman, Ive never being a big fan of the character because he is too powerful. Most of his villains are plain stupid to believe they can bring Supes down. Only a few of his villains are actual threats (Luthor, Darkseid, Doomsday, Mogul). Same thing with ur character, waaaayy too powerful to be interesting.

Well I'm basically trying to challenge myself like I said he dosent start off like that. The way his finalized origin is going to be he's going to seem very weak. I understand this though.

Eventually his powers will be scattered into separate individuals. They will form a groung called the Choosen Ones. ( I'm still thinking if I want to do this or not?)

Alfheim
Well I'm basically trying to challenge myself like I said he dosent start off like that. The way his finalized origin is going to be he's going to seem very weak. I understand this though.

Eventually his powers will be scattered into separate individuals. They will form a groung called the Choosen Ones. ( I'm still thinking if I want to do this or not?)

Dont call them chosen ones, that name has been done to death.

The Prophecy
Dont call them chosen ones, that name has been done to death.

yeah your right I'll figure something out. I'm just really adgravated right now. Lately people have been attacking saying that Qezel is a stupid idea and this other stuff. I've come a long ways this idea. He started off as just an Angel with a whit trench coat and a cross on his chest. But as I learned and studied more I began to understand how corny and "already used" that was.Their all seriously making me want to give up. But...I'm not I have a good feeling about this. it just take time and lots of hard work. But I can't do it alone. However if I have to so be it.

roughrider
As a symbol, I think a lightning bolt is very effective & powerful.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by roughrider

But that's taken by so many Ill think I'll stich with Qezel's crest(my avatar) for now.But thanks anyway! smile

Rick/Genis
I have an Angel Character too... his name is Noel......... I CANNOT believe I just admitted that on here...

Disappear
It's pronounced. (Qa-Zel) anyway.

that's the thing. most english-speaking persons don't know how to pronounce q without u. so is "qa" supposed to sound like "kah" or "kweh" or what? honestly, after seeing it once, i assumed it was pronounced like pretzel. "kwetzel," more closely.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Disappear
that's the thing. most english-speaking persons don't know how to pronounce q without u. so is "qa" supposed to sound like "kah" or "kweh" or what? honestly, after seeing it once, i assumed it was pronounced like pretzel. "kwetzel," more closely.
Yeah I kind of figured that! smile Yeah it'swith a "qa" Like quads, or qiet.
While the second syllable is pronnounce Zel, like bell or fell.
so Qa-Zel(Qe-zel).

Alfheim
Originally posted by roughrider

BBBBBBBBBBoring! Its been done to death. Your biased you have Thor on your sig.

I have an Angel Character too... his name is Noel......... I CANNOT believe I just admitted that on here...

Hey everbody Rick just called a character he created Noel, lets beat him up! angrymob

The Prophecy
BBBBBBBBBBoring! Its been done to death. Your biased you have Thor on your sig.

Hey everbody Rick just called a character he created Noel, lets beat him up! angrymob
laughing laughing laughing

Rick/Genis
What's wrong with Noel confused

King Kandy
I always envisioned Qezel as being pronounced kwezel.

If you think your story might be stupid, you can always use mine...

Mindship
yeah your right I'll figure something out. I'm just really adgravated right now. Lately people have been attacking saying that Qezel is a stupid idea and this other stuff. I've come a long ways this idea. He started off as just an Angel with a whit trench coat and a cross on his chest. But as I learned and studied more I began to understand how corny and "already used" that was.Their all seriously making me want to give up. But...I'm not I have a good feeling about this. it just take time and lots of hard work. But I can't do it alone. However if I have to so be it.
Whether or not you ever get published should be secondary right now. The main thing is, have fun with your ideas. Imagine, create...and write. If you can't draw, consider maybe a short story format, at least for now.

(PS - I always thought it was "Keh-zel"wink

The Prophecy
Yeah that's seems far enough! Also a lot of people thought the name was always (Kew-Zel)! It's in another language I made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.