James Norrington- Cheers (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
Here is the thread to send your regards and eulogize the great James Norrington.

To James Norrington! (raise rum bottle) You died a hero and got more action in the last 5 minutes of your life than you did in the first two films combined! Way to kiss the girl! Way to ram your sword into the most evil creature on the seven seas! You were a good man from start to finish in my opinion and you deserved a longer part. But you left us wanting more, Jamie-lad, and we love you.

To James!

IheartPocky
To James.. cry He was a good man.

weep

Spartan005
naahhh... he was an *******

SammySparrow
To James!!! *cries*

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/Eomer_of_the_mark92/norrington1.jpg

IheartPocky
Originally posted by Spartan005
naahhh... he was an *******

Blasphemy!

All James wanted was his rank! Sure, he made some bad choices and gave up some things along the way but when it went too far he redeemed himself by saving Lizzie and her crew!

So there.

smile

willofthewisp
Great man, James Norrington. In Heaven, he's shaking his head at everyone else and having a good laugh as some gorgeous babe massages his shoulders...and then his balls.

SammySparrow
I'm going to be writing a story dedicated to him....just don't know where to start.....*thinks*....watch me able to draw him and not able to write about him. >__>

Tramps Lady
willo....no

willofthewisp
Too raunchy? Sorry. I cheerfully withdraw it.

IheartPocky
lol

I'm watching AWE clips on youtube big grin

SammySparrow
O.O Like they filmed it or released ones?

Man,my dad want's to take me back to the movies and see it again...I don't think I can do it. TT.TT

IheartPocky
Pirated clips haha

SammySparrow
What did you type to find them?

IheartPocky
there were really only two which disappointed me. I miss the good old days of youtube when copyright didn't matter.. sigh.. i just typed in the full name of the movie and then clicked "date added"

Barker
Take this stuff seriously much?

~dorkerina~
Says the kid with the freakishly involed/animated pokemon signature.

Norrington!!!!! I actually yelped ooutloud when he died. I was so sad. And the kiss was so sweet. He was truely adorable, and loved Elizabeth enough to let her go. And still be a gentleman to her, and a friend. Thats what I call true love. *sigh*

JaehSkywalker
ahh... James... he's so hot...

sailorleo
to my husband *yes i wish* death is but a door, time is but a window, you shall return...love ya babe!

JaehSkywalker
lol...

Lizzie got to kiss too many hot guys... Lucky. ermm

laughing out loud

calypso
Everyone Lizzy kissed DIED! Even Jack figured that out at the end.

JaehSkywalker
lol! i just noticed! talking about the kiss of death lol...

i really hate that norri died! it would've been okay if he had longer scenes... he was soo cute.

'One is enough' lol.

ivebeendepped43
*sigh* poor Norri. when he was killed, my stomach lurched. I felt like i was gonna puke. I had tears in my eyes and i thought "Sailor will be devastated!"

Barker
Originally posted by ~dorkerina~
Says the kid with the freakishly involed/animated pokemon signature.

Norrington!!!!! I actually yelped ooutloud when he died. I was so sad. And the kiss was so sweet. He was truely adorable, and loved Elizabeth enough to let her go. And still be a gentleman to her, and a friend. Thats what I call true love. *sigh*
Yeah, so?

You're not part of the inside joke on it.

ivebeendepped43
^^ ttly off topic people. this is a Norri thread, dont bash others. I want a screen cap of their kiss

SammySparrow
I have that scene. I'll post a few caps of it. XD

ivebeendepped43
yes! where u get it?

IheartPocky
I have the first 20 minutes. NO, I DID NOT GET IT ILLEGALLY! shhh stop screaming! oh no.. i've caught the jack-ofrenia...

I need some sleep..

SammySparrow
http://i8.tinypic.com/53j36lt.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/4xksl90.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/6cnc0gz.jpg

ivebeendepped43
lol thats ok!!

SammySparrow
Youtube video converter. Does wonders. I got it before the scene was taken off since they had posted the whole movie.

IheartPocky
eek! me too lol i use it alot. sometimes haha.

ivebeendepped43
wow!! whole movie!!

IheartPocky
oh i haven't gotten the whole movie. argh.

SammySparrow
sadly I was only a able to get this scene and another. I'll be posting more pics of James soon.

SammySparrow
http://i16.tinypic.com/62xgqx1.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/4lyogon.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/5ybbz2h.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4q7jzh4.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/53sj9tx.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4xxmddy.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/54bzw51.jpg

SammySparrow
http://i11.tinypic.com/6h8fp5g.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/627sqi9.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/5xilvnc.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/4kbidlw.jpg
http://i15.tinypic.com/4kbh378.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/4qsp0r5.jpg

http://i14.tinypic.com/4oto2t2.jpg

ivebeendepped43
ccuutteee!!!

SammySparrow
I plan on making a siggy that says: Fate had intervened and now destinies have been intertwined....

ivebeendepped43
aww!!! yeah!!

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by SammySparrow
Youtube video converter. Does wonders. I got it before the scene was taken off since they had posted the whole movie.

where did you get the program?

aww.. James is so cute.. all of their expressions were so cute...

imagine this.. James didn't die.. instead, when Bootstrap caught him he shot the rope and got on it and became a pirate.....
then.. the part before Will was stabbed by Davey... James saw that it would happen, and because he loves Liz so much he decided to intervene for Liz's happiness... so he ends up the one who got stabbed not will... Then Liz takes the heart and the knife and stabs it by james hand.. so he was the one who stabs it... then the crew got its new captain: James. then SAILOR comes along and offers to take care of his heart and they see once every 10 years... not counted the time they looked for loopholes in the rule so they could see each other!

SammySparrow
http://mediaconverter.org/

if you join,you can download dirict from a YT link.

But then I'd STILL be sad because he got stabbed. But it would be neat to see him as captain of the FD...

JaehSkywalker
well.. unless you can think of another way so that everyone would have their happy ending.... smile

thanks for the link.. happy

SammySparrow
It would be a Norribeth ending.Are we all ok with that? =3

Any you're welcome.

JaehSkywalker
ahhhhh... nice sig.. and not all of us... stick out tongue i'd choose whatever goes.. yes

but still.. if we would just.. kinda.. twist the ending.. what i said could be a possibility.. wink

SammySparrow
Thanks,I forgot the 't' in 'destinies'.

I think it would be great if he became the FD captain. big grin

JaehSkywalker
i didn't notice that!

yeah.... if he did... he couldn't leave the story lol..

SammySparrow
lol! And we thought that in the trailer she was yelling 'Jack' when she was in the water.

Looks like it was 'James'.

JaehSkywalker
"James!"

ahh.. James... another person who got caught up in the story... if they hadn't met Jack and will.. then Norribeth is a go...

but then no POTC.. erm

ivebeendepped43
oo! yeah i luv ur sig!

SammySparrow
^-^

ivebeendepped43
lol hehe

SammySparrow
I'm so mad I misspelled destinies! I cant go back and fix it because then I'll have to redo it all. TT.TT

Oh,I will be making a Norrie video soon!!

ivebeendepped43
why would u have 2 redo it all?

SammySparrow
I never saved it while I was making it. Just the finished picture. So if I open it on PS,it'll be one picture,no layers.

Ericadawn
Elizabeth will totally get him back!

Terry "There might be some story to be told where Elizabeth manages to make a trip to the land of the dead, with the help of someone, etc., etc., to find Will, etc. "

James is definitely that "etc." after Will

SammySparrow
Really?! Where did you get that from?

sailorleo
cough, cough, sailorrie, ending is good for me smile

sailorleo
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker

imagine this.. James didn't die.. instead, when Bootstrap caught him he shot the rope and got on it and became a pirate.....
then.. the part before Will was stabbed by Davey... James saw that it would happen, and because he loves Liz so much he decided to intervene for Liz's happiness... so he ends up the one who got stabbed not will... Then Liz takes the heart and the knife and stabs it by james hand.. so he was the one who stabs it... then the crew got its new captain: James. then SAILOR comes along and offers to take care of his heart and they see once every 10 years... not counted the time they looked for loopholes in the rule so they could see each other!

that's like totally hawt!!!!!!!! *bounces up and down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

PirateDiva
LMAO LMAO!!! Talk about Lizzie giving the the Kiss of Death....if they kissed Lizzie I felt so sorry for them cause they Got the Lizzie Curse!! lol....Props to Jack for not taking his chances in kissing her again...lmao (even though that ment no Sparrabeth)!!!

But hey Lizzie wanting to kiss him counts for something right?

Sunshine_Flame

awbig grin isnt that sweet? sadly it didnt happen.... sad i liked James and i almost cried when i saw what really happened... poor James sad
but what you had done is cute!!!big grin smiles happilybig grin

Sunshine_Flame
It would be a Norribeth ending.Are we all ok with that? =3

Any you're welcome.
im ok with it :3 smile love smile

ivebeendepped43
id be ok!!!

SammySparrow
sweet! big grin

ivebeendepped43
teehee

JaehSkywalker
ehehe.. thanks guys! big grin

if i get the script for AWE ( which i'm still trying to find but none still) i may put in a scene and some lines.. wink

cheers to Admiral Norrington!

Ericadawn
Really?! Where did you get that from?

Sorry about being slow, Terry said that on Wordplayer.

Besides, Elizabeth rescues all the men that she gets killed with a kiss.

wink

JaehSkywalker
about my post, 'twas for the post before all yours.. about those comments.. embarrasment

ahh... it certainly looked like he gave away the kiss of death.. stick out tongue

ivebeendepped43
yes! CHEERS TO ADMIRAL/CAPTAIN/COMMODORE/PIRATE NORRINGTON!!

SammySparrow
I CALL ADMIRAL AND COMMODORE!! I didn't like pirate Norrie....

JaehSkywalker
Admiral and Commodore!

Ahh.. Pirate Norrie is the best one deary.. well.. IMO. next to the admiral i suppose.. big grin

Ericadawn
They're all dead sexy to me.

JaehSkywalker
AGREED! eek!

SammySparrow
=3 I likes him how we first met him,then how we last see him....great...now I'm sad again and my B-day is friday....

IheartPocky
I love him when he is being sweet and stuff with Lizzie.

JaehSkywalker
Happy birthday(advanced) Sammy!

i love him... when he's staring at Lizzie.. you could see his face...

HE's so hot during times like that..

IheartPocky
Sensitive Norrie awww So sweet.

JaehSkywalker
yeaaaahhhhhhh.... love

SammySparrow
You mean this one?

http://i17.tinypic.com/62d4g74.jpg

JaehSkywalker
yeah!

SammySparrow
yeah,I love it!

JaehSkywalker
*sigh*

SammySparrow
*cries* WHAT did he do to deserve this?!

JaehSkywalker
he did nothing. sad that's why......

if only..... *trails off*

SammySparrow
...here's the scene...well,towards the end....

If only he had locked the brig....

and I hid the clip well so it can't be found.

Z5njP6GAuoo

JaehSkywalker
i can't see it! cry stupid slow internet connection!

it's still fresh in my mind anyway.

if only he came with Lizzie...

SammySparrow
I know! If he had just gotten on the rope and then cut it,TA DA! He'd still be alive and free! ...but no.....

IheartPocky
lol you hid it well? good. hehehe

SammySparrow
Yup,in the title,summery and tags there is NOTHING that has to do with PotC..or anything else really....

IheartPocky
lol fooberry!

stick out tongue

SammySparrow
yeah..that's my friend's word. XD

ivebeendepped43
*screaming bloody murder-like* JJJAAAMMMEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!! NNNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

lmao!! "If i might lend a machete to your intellectual thickhead..." lmao!! "and you're free to be with your charming murderess." "I don't have the face for tentacles."good stuff!

IheartPocky
i thought he said thicket confused

siriuswriter
"Do you fear death?"

*stabs Davy Jones*

"I'll take that as a no."

YAY NORRIE!

JaehSkywalker
gaah! bloody... turner! (will's father... )

he shouldn't have sounded that bloody alarm!

oooohhhhh.. bloody.. i like that lol.

IheartPocky
i like to say bloody. it s fun heh heh

JaehSkywalker
*giggles* it sounds kinda piratey lol....

IheartPocky
You know whose blood we need?

I know whose blood you need.

*watching CotBP*

*giggle*giggle*

JaehSkywalker
so unfair lol!!!!

bloody pirate... bloody jedi... bloody EITC.. bloody sith scum.. laughing out loud

Gideon
Norrington was the man. AWE's biggest screw up was not giving him enough time. As much as I love Chow, Sao Feng was not necessary, they should have given his screentime to Norrington and Jonathan Pryce.

JaehSkywalker
well.. Sao feng was interesting, but they could've made a little more screentime for Norri.. yes.

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by Gideon
Norrington was the man. AWE's biggest screw up was not giving him enough time. As much as I love Chow, Sao Feng was not necessary, they should have given his screentime to Norrington and Jonathan Pryce. i agree 100%. thank you for saying that.

SammySparrow
Same here. The only time we saw the governor was when he was at a desk and even then they were saying 'time to kill him',then we saw him in the boat and that was it!!!

With James it's like the same story. We saw him and the governor at the same time in the office then we saw him on the ship. That was it.

We saw Sao Feng and he dies a little while later...I didn't see the point of him really.

willofthewisp
I don't understand why James choosing to be on Liz's side was the end of his character arc. The writers said everyone's story comes to a close. Yeah, death's a close, but they really didn't think he could develop any more than that? Let's see...a good man who was almost always good does a bad thing, and then dies being very, very good. James would have contributed a lot to the film I'm sure. I really wanted to see him in another swordfight. He really held his own against Will and Jack.

And Gov. Swann, where was the character arc there? Jonathan Pryce said he would only reappear in DMC if his character was given something to do. That's why Swann goes to that trouble to get Liz to England, which doesn't work out. So what happened with giving the guy stuff to do? He has two scenes in AWE and I don't even think he speaks in the first one. And who's running Port Royal while he's gone? Does he have a deputy governor, or is it in the hands of the buccaneers now? I don't see how his character developed. He was a very caring dad and did his best in a world that he wasn't really suited for, but that's it.

SammySparrow
Beckett took the Governor's powers.

But I agree,it seems they could of developed more.

ivebeendepped43
i almost cried when Gov. Swann died!!

IheartPocky
Keira was good at acting hysterical when her papa and hubby died.

ivebeendepped43
^^yeah she was.

JaehSkywalker
Keira was good at acting hysterical. like, in everything. i bet she could act hysterical even if everyone's laughing. >.<

Ericadawn
I loved when Keira got all hysterical when her former fiance, would be hubby died...

willofthewisp
I think everyone involved upped their acting by like 100%. Just when I thought all of them couldn't do any better, they surprise me! I thought they were great before, but now...wow. I was floored by Keira's performance. Anyone who says she can't act is dead wrong, just dead wrong.

siriuswriter
Even Orlando started to chip in a little.

Did those words just come out of my mouth?

Indeed they did.

JaehSkywalker
yeah... now.. back to Norri! love

IheartPocky
I'd liked Will in CotBP more. He was so innocent. In the last 2 he was just angry. sad

siriuswriter
He was like CAPSLOCK HARRY in OotP - just lettin' out his emotions. A love or hate kind of deal.

I hope people will get that reference... confused

JaehSkywalker
OotP? oohh.. order of the phoenix... nope. heard of it, haven't read the book.. *shrug*

seems like we won't be back to norri huh...

Will was nice when he's innocent... innocent pirate.. huh, ironic combination.

siriuswriter
OotP? oohh.. order of the phoenix... nope. heard of it, haven't read the book.. *shrug*

seems like we won't be back to norri huh...

Will was nice when he's innocent... innocent pirate.. huh, ironic combination.

Wha - WHAT?

BLASHPEMY!!

I'm going to go off and have a heard attack now.

JaehSkywalker
sorry... >.< only follow the movies.. *sheepish smile* my cousin has the series though.. gah.. no offense but the terminology is making my head hurt. not really interested.. (once again, sorry!)

*revives, CLEAR!*

willofthewisp
I thought Will was angrier in COTBP. He was ready to just pound everyone. DMC he matured a little and in AWE he was out-pirating everyone. He shed his wimp reputation by AWE. James Norrington, however, never had a wimp reputation.

JaehSkywalker
reverse that.. wait.. wait.. wait!

willo is right! Will was just immature and wanted to get his own way in CotBP... in DMc, he matured a little. in AWE, he matured alot, he kinda gets what he wants but at the same time learned how to listen.

James? well... definitely totally not a wimp.

Ericadawn
I thought Liz was more like OotP Harry especially after James dies in front of her.

JaehSkywalker
*knocks head on table* what are you guys talkin about?!

ivebeendepped43
i think James is a ssexxi beast...teehee like Johnny

JaehSkywalker
agreed.. love

ivebeendepped43
sigh*ssexxi...

JaehSkywalker
I like him better as Norri.

ivebeendepped43
hes ssexxi as both...

JaehSkywalker
still James. stick out tongue

ivebeendepped43
lol he will always be hott

JaehSkywalker
yeah.. yes

ivebeendepped43
*sigh* so cute

JaehSkywalker
love

ivebeendepped43
hott!

willofthewisp
Aw, look at his face! This was so...words just can't explain it.

ivebeendepped43
i know! another...

Bruce Leeroy
Originally posted by willofthewisp
and got more action in the last 5 minutes of your life than you did in the first two films combined!

*cough* *cough*

So how is a ten minute sword fight on top of a rolling wheel less action packed then dying pitifully in five minutes?

James went out like a punk, which sucked because he was my second favorite character in the series.

willofthewisp
Well, I meant "action" as in kisses/affection with the opposite sex. I thought he died a hero which is better than nothing, but he should have lived.

lovethemtigers
i'm toasting my glass to Norrington..I just felt like Jack Davenport got slighted in AWE...and was pushed aside for Beckett...and others...I so wished he would have thrown his wig into the ocean and reunited with Jack and company......I do not like what T and T did to Norrington.....

IheartPocky
wine

willofthewisp
On the other hand, this may boost Jack Davenport's career. If people recognize he's underused, they may hire him for more projects.

JaehSkywalker
I was flicking the channel to HBO when i saw some old movie where a guy with the wig just like Norri(except it has 3 curls) was stabbed!!! It eerily reminds me of norri and i can't bare to watch it because that guy was stabbed!

it was like him dying all over again. cry

sailorleo
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Well, I meant "action" as in kisses/affection with the opposite sex. I thought he died a hero which is better than nothing, but he should have lived.
yeah unfortunately he's british and he ends up being type casted....

ADarksideJedi
The only line I like in Dead man's chest that he says is

"unfortunately Mr Turner he is right!"That line always makes me laugh!jm

ivebeendepped43
why do you always end your posts with "jm"? i was just wondering...

JaehSkywalker
good question IBD. why?

ivebeendepped43
ibelieve it stands for Jackie Malfoy, but im not sure

JaehSkywalker
that's kinda my guess too...

ivebeendepped43
but why she posts it after all her posts idk

JaehSkywalker
puzzling...

Ericadawn
I'm excited about Jack Davenport's new projects as well, but I refuse to believe that James stays dead.

JaehSkywalker
He's not dead!!!

I refuse to believe that James is now in the locker! Me and sailor will hire a crew and sail to the locker and save james!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>