Ahh!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tramps Lady
on nine msn theres this:

In the follow-up to the record-breaking smash 2006 hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest", we find our heroes Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann allied with Captain Barbossa in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow from his mind-bending trap in Davy Jones' locker - while the terrifying ghost ship, The Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones, under the control of the East India Trading Company, wreaks havoc across the Seven Seas. Navigating through treachery, betrayal and wild waters, they must forge their way to exotic Singapore and confront the cunning Chinese pirate Sao Feng.
Rated: MODERATE VIOLENCE, SUPERNATURAL THEMES
Cinema release: 24 May 2007
Director: Gore Verbinski
Running time: 168 mins
Stars: Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Chow Yun-Fat, Bill Nighy
Links: Official Site
IMDb
Rotten Tomatoes

What we say
The Depp End of the Ocean

Mark Beirne, yourMovies

The trilogy craze of 2007 continues with "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End", the third instalment in the swashbuckling action-adventure series.

While the frivolous insanity of "Dead Man's Chest" is lacking in this new tale, there are enough spectacular action sequences, tongue-in-cheek humour and eye-popping special effects to keep fans of the series entertained.

When we last saw Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), he was eaten by the Kraken and taken to the end of the earth. Now, Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) team up with Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush) and Tia Dalma (Naomie Harris) to save him - but they need the help of Chinese pirate Captain Sao Feng (Chow Yun-Fat) to make it to world's end.

Meanwhile, Lord Cutler Beckett (Tom Hollander) and the East India Trading Company are sending any and all pirates to the noose in an effort to bring the seas under their total control. With the help of the tentacled Captain Davy Jones (Bill Nighy), Beckett launches a voyage to lure our heroes to their doom.

"At World's End" doesn't waste time explaining the backstory, so audiences who haven't seen the previous instalments are recommended to hire the DVDs in advance. Even those with a basic understanding of the character arcs might feel a little baffled at some of the illogical leaps and bounds of the plot.

Depp turns in a typically brilliant performance as Sparrow, channelling Keith Richards and even getting to share the screen with the Rolling Stones rocker in the later stages of the film. Knightley is given more to do this time around, while Rush makes a welcome return after sitting out part two.

The action sequences are mostly confined to sword fights and cannon bombs between rival ships; audiences who delighted in the jungle and beach antics of "Dead Man's Chest" might be disappointed. At 168 minutes, "At World's End" can get tedious.

The ending paves the way for a fourth instalment. You didn't really think that a franchise this financially successful would end at number three, did you?

Plot at wit's end

Kerry Bashford, yourMovies

Although one wouldn't expect it to set sail into the sunset anytime soon, "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End", this third instalment of this spectacularly successful series, seems intent on bringing the action to a close. There is a sense of world ending, as the title suggests, and this is certainly as apocalyptic as an epic gets. But try and make sense of the story and "At World's End" will have you at your wit's end.

While the first "Pirates" concentrated on character and the second accentuated action, the third episode settles for splendour and spectacle. Gore Verbinski takes us on a breathtaking journey with battles more brilliantly rendered and adventure more daring than the first two films. But with all the colour and movement and sound and fury at their disposal, it doesn't make up for a story that seems lost at sea.

What passes for a plot in "At World's End" is a confusing mash of mythologies and seafaring legends as the film struggles towards a coherent climax. In keeping with this being perhaps the darkest of the series, the conclusion is also more melancholy than might have been expected. In fact some might find the whole thing too long and languorous with even the exhilarating set pieces not enough to stop a certain sinking feeling.

Certainly there is no issue with the acting. Having created one of the truly iconic performances of his generation, Johnny Depp does not disappoint. He so owns the character Sparrow, he gets to play it several times over in a number of fantasy sequences. Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom are given a bit more to work with too this time around but seem lightweight compared to the scene-stealing swashbucklers at their side.

Thankfully this time Geoffrey Rush steps more into the spotlight and his lock on the character is as impeccable as his timing. Bill Nighy is more touching than terrifying under all that tentacled prosthetics and Chow Yun-Fat is a welcome addition although he is so duplicitous it's hard to make out his motivation - but then everyone seems to be charting their own course here.

In the end the world of the pirates is so treacherous not even the viewer can chart a course safely through its waters. Each character seems on a different quest but in the end, amidst the ear-splitting chaos, you may cease to care.

which means....MORE PIRATES!!!!???

Tramps Lady
or just go here

http://yourmovies.com.au/movies/index.cfm?action=movie_info&title_id=31176

IheartPocky
I totally didn't get the "More pirates" out of that.

Tramps Lady
The ending paves the way for a fourth instalment. You didn't really think that a franchise this financially successful would end at number three, did you?

jdl1224
!!! big grin!

Bloomaholic
i loved the pirate movies too much to want a 4th....that soudns crazy...but i want it to go out with a boom and Keira, Orlando, and gore don't want to do a 4rth...dont get me wrong Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow and Jack is Jack...but it won't be the same and it won't even be the same kind of adventure....I dunno....I don't want to push it

by the way anbody know the international box office numbers for pirates 3 this weekend?

jdl1224
**SPOLIERS**

See. At first I didn't want a 4th. But I think that the story line can come out even further. IMO, I think AWE was a little shallow. There were a lot of secrets in DMC and it was all being linked together. AWE, there's nothing really to link, there's no craziness really, there's nothing that really stuck out in my mind, besides Will getting stabbed- but I even expected that. I think a 4th would give it a chance to play out some more. Have some interaction with the kid and Jack, see how that goes. Can you imagine Jack Sparrow talking to a child? Hilarious! Especially if it is his wanna-be-wife-who-married-another-pirate's kid! Aah, it'd be awesome. :] What about Calypso's curse? She said she was going to punish all the pirates. And we still don't know much about Calypso and Davy Jone's relationship. They could even go back and show Jack's childhood now that his parents have been introduced- that would be interesting, little Jacky as a boy. :]

I am a fan of AWE, because it was simply amazing but I did get a bit bored with the plot towards the middleish. Idk. I don't think we NEED and fourth one, because I know what you're saying about ruining it... but I think we could def. use one for more explaination. Either way I'm happy. I wasn't until the end with the kid and the green flash- but that settled it that I'm okay either way- but I would def. love a 4th because well, I love these movies! :]

JaehSkywalker
JACK, as a boy? or even talking to a child? i want to see that!

jdl1224
haha! i'm glad i'm not alone!!

JaehSkywalker
maybe they'll argue or something... I would like to see Jack handle an argument with a child... he could argue with other pirates, sure.. but a child? laughing out loud

jdl1224
you can picture those little kids who just keep talking and talking and talking and jacks face being like "shut up!!" haha. and then saying something really funny that they don't understand. so theyre like, "huh?" and then it just all repeats. ha.

amazing.

JaehSkywalker
Jack having patience with a little kid... out of the question! That would've been funny... Jack would say... shut up, something funny they don't get, they'll all say, huh? then Jack would repeat it, and the kids would bug him again...

w00t woohoo!

AudioHeart
Awwwwwwe little Jacky as a Boy, CUTE!!!!!

LoveJackSparrow
Ohh I'm trying to imagin him as a kid......ohh a complete cutie, still with a pirate attitude, and still likes rum and still has sence a humor. Definutly A kid Jack Sparrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.