Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost in Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
I wonder when (and if) we will see Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost in Episode III? confused
After all he DID speak in Episode II . . . wink

Ushgarak
Good question. As soon as we know anything we will report it with great alacrity.

All we have now are clues; GL saying that in AOTC they could use Liam's dialogue from TPM for AOTC but that it might be more complex in ep. iii is the best.

Basically, we want QGJ to tie up this whole damn issue once and for all!

finti
I think we will, and I hope we will. At least the ghost thing will be explained....I hope

yerssot
well, they already asked him, but nothing is sure yet of course...
although people like Logan have been asked to keep certain dates open for shooting.

"whether Neeson will return in either corporeal or ghostly form for Episode III, Neeson said, "I can't answer that. The Jedi code of ethics."

Dexx
dunno...perhaps he'll have a small appearance.

yerssot
I thought I heared something about him being there vocally AND physically...could have dreamed that

Dexx
phisically?....that could only be as a clone...

Ushgarak
I think yerssot means Liam will appear in person (i.e. a ghost) as opposed to just recorded lines.

yerssot
as a ghost dexx, like OB1... Yoda... Anakin...

King Jedi
I really hope he is in it. It would be great.
It would be cool if he appeared to Obi-Wan.

Julie
maybe he will maybe he won't....I have a feeling that he won't but that's pure speculation...

yerssot
I hoped he wouldn't be in AOTC, but he came
I hope he won't be in EpIII,
so he will be there

Julie
now isn't that a rather pessimistic way of looking at things?

ToMacco
I'm sure he'll be in Episode III. Otherwise, Liam would have just denied his return rumors.

Sabrea
maybe he wanted ppl to think that he was going to be in the movie, but really wont

queeq
Well, I think he MUST return as a ghost. GL must at least give us one in the PT.

yerssot
it's very realistic

Julie
realistic,...huh....well then I guess I'm just a simple idealist then Happy Dance

yerssot
yes,... let's dance to that

Julie
Who came up with a dancing banana ?????

yerssot
you posted it yesterday!

Julie
Yes I realize that but I was wondering who came up with the little dancing banana...I just had to click on the cute little button but someone had to set it up so I could do that...

yerssot
Raz, he's the only one who can do it

Darth Ninja
When Qui-Gon appears as a ghost to Obi-Wan (and possibly Yoda) . . . what do you think his advice will be?

yerssot
Shoot the boy big grin

Ushgarak
It's all gone horribly wrong; here is what you can do about it (lays out plan for the OT)

Darth Ninja
My guess is that Qui-Gon requests Obi-Wan (and Yoda) to teach Luke.

Sabrea
hes not DEFFINATLY gonna be in ep.III

Ushgarak
We know

Mujaffa
http://www.starwars.stopklatka.pl/images2/fun84.jpg

Sabrea
lol Happy Dance

Mujaffa
laughing out loudHappy Dancelaughing out loud

queeq
laughing out loud

finti
hmm blood??????????

queeq
Where?

Julie
yea where???? uh BTW I don't believe in ghosts:-).......shiney dead jedi yes....ghosts no

Ushgarak
George Lucas comments briefly on this in the DVD, confirming that QGJ's voice in AOTC is the first inkling anyone has had that it is possible to contact the beyond.

Captain REX
Yoda talks to the supernatural...he could make big money, couldn't he? big grin

queeq
laughing out loud

finti
only in the States

Sabrea
figures..you can only make money off of something that stupid in the US roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
well you are kind of well known for being suckers for being a sucker

Sabrea
im not a sucker!!! **a voice** 'oh look there's hayden!'
**me** where?!?! WHERE?!?!?!?!....

queeq
Hayden 'your presence is soothing" Christensen?

jedi_blade
Hayden "the whining, bleating Padawan, who needs to break up with Natalie Portman so I can date her" Christensen?

Ushgarak
That's the one! You got him dead right!

jedi_blade
I'm workin on it. That damn Palpy Lightning is sending shocks through my bionic arm...but the True Jedi Blademaster shall succeed MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

queeq
Meanwhile Natalie's with me. big grin

jedi_blade
You must die then!!!! big grin

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Poor jedi_blade.... he could have had some fun in life. And now it's all over.

jedi_blade
Yeah well unfortunately my fun ended when I was emotionally scarred by queeq when he walked into a strip bar that I was attending and yelled "LET'S BREAK OUT THE REAL LIGHTSABERS!!!" Then he proceeded to depants himself *shudders*

queeq
I know. And you always thought: "size matters not." Well, now you know it does. Sorry, Peewee. evil face

Darth Ninja
Now, back to the original point in this topic . . . QGJ's ghost in Episode 3.

Is there any word if Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost will be in Episode 3?

yerssot
rumor has it, his voice will be back

hana_skywalker
I heard on TV that Qui Gon's ghost was going to appear in Episode II but Liam had an accident and they had to use only his voice instead, so maybe he will appear in Episode III.

yerssot
no, he didn't, they planned on using solely his voice for the movie

Ushgarak
Liam Neeson cast doubt in this happening in interview.

And indeed, he was never prevented from appearing in AOTC by his accident.

Lyn
Hayden... love
*melts*

I don't know if he will, but I'd like to see Qui-Gon make an appearance in Ep III. I had to watch Ep II a second time before I realised it was his voice.

Darth Ninja
I jumped out of my seat when heard QGJ's voice in AOTC. big grin

I think it would be so cool, if QGJ appeared at the end of Episode III and instructs Obi-wan to teach Luke.

Lyn
Yeah!! thumb up Happy Dance

goaltaylor33
I thought he was gonna come back and tell Obi-Wan and Yoda how to disappear when they die...you know, one with the force and all that good shite.
But thats just me.

The One Part 2
Qui-Gon will not be back in Epsiode 3. Liam Neeson said as much after Episode 1. Considering the way he trashed the film, I doubt Lucas would want him anyway. I'm sure Lucas can use his voice, but he definitely won't be seen in Episode 3 if Neeson is to be believed.

amity75
I hate it when SW actors trash the movies. Ewan McGregor is really bad for doing that. He should think himself a very privelaged man indeed coz millions would love to be in his place.

yerssot
well, he gets payed to do something he really doesn't like (acting with bluescreen), so after he films the stuff, he's free to say what he wants about it

Darth Ninja
If an actor does a great gob acting as a certain character, but hates the character/role, then you know he's a good actor. Very often actors will hate the characters they play, but they're allowed to have their own opinion.
wink

VengeanceGOD
Realists don't exist. They're just pessimists trying to sound sofisticated. wink

Ushgarak
Absolutely; actors are paid to act, not act as a mouthpiece for the filmmakers. In the end, Ewan has put 100% effort into the role and done it great without letting any of his dislikes affect the process. What more do you want from an actor? If anything, it is in the Obi-Wan tradition, knowing as we all do the opinion Alec Guiness had on it!

Lyn
Sorry...I don't. embarrasment
What was his opinion on it??

Member.
how did Neeson trash Sw?

xeous
Dumb question but when was QGJ in Attack of the Clones?

yerssot
he wasn't, his voice was, when Yoda was meditating and Anakin was slaughtering the Tuskens

bigsef3
HOW RELIABLE IS THE INFO ON THE "SHADOWS OF THE SITH" WEBSITE. IT HAS A DETAILED PLOT SYNOPSIS AND SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS QUIGON WILL APPEAR TO YODA AND BEN AND TELL THEM HOW TO BECOME GHOSTS. PALPATINE ALSO IS SUPPOSED TO TELL ANAKIN HE KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS AS WELL. IS THE SITE TOTAL B.S. OR IS THIS ACCURATE INFO?

Ushgarak
I would be very hesistant to call it accurate.

BTW, Lyn, Alec Guiness famously did not like Star Wars. Actually, his dislike of it has been overstated but it really was not his sort of film.

Famously he once, upon being confronted by a fan who said he had seen Star Wars 100 times and that Alec was his favourite actor in it, agreed to sign an autograph for the fan on the condition that he never saw that bloody film again...

bigsef3
How much truth is there to the statement GL made that the key to the dissapearing/ghost trick lies in the line of obi-wan to vader, "if you strike me down, i shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine?"

Lyn
I never knew that. I think it's the only series of films I've ever seen him in, so, I wouldn't know what his sort of film is.

Really?? He said that?? Well... laughing
I didn't realise he felt that way...

Ushgarak
As far as we know, 100% truth. That is the founding principle that denies anyone's attemtp to explain it along the lines of 'destiny', 'being killed by a Sith' or 'being prepared for death' because this line, and Vader's response afterwards, shows that this is not just some rare trick Obi-Wan has mastered but a brand new thing that has never happened before.

And Lyn, yeah. AG was an oscar-winning professional actor and SW was a little bit beneath him.

BUT. He did agree to do it, and he did agree to do the sequels (being very happy with a larger role in ROTJ than ESB), he was canny enough to get a share from the merchandising sales and he made a lot of money out of them. So whilst he hated anyone who thought that all he had done was SW, it would be overstating it to say he loathed the films, as some people say he did.

But the principle of Obi-Wan's actor not being a 100% film fan has been carried on rather neatly I think!

And of course, once he had done it, it stopped being 'beneath' him as such because Alec Guiness very much legitimised SW as a franchise where serious actors could appear. That and Peter Cushing, though he far more commonly did apparently go-nowhere films like SW than a man like Alec Guiness.

bigsef3
I was thinking that Lucas is a tricky bastard, and I would like to know the exact quote that he used, and it's context. I have thought about that line over and over since I first read lucas' comment and I have never come up with a satisfactory answer, and I certainly haven't heard anyone else come up with one, either. Which leads me to two conclusions:

1. Qui-gon DOES return in EIII, and offer an explaination on this ability, possibly having something to do with anakin's extremely high midi-chlorian count and acceptance that the force is not just a "force," but has an intelligent will of its own.

2. Qui-gon DOES NOT return in EIII. Yoda discovers some "relic" on Kashyyyk as mentioned in several spoiler reports that somehow holds the key to the death trick. In this case, Perhaps instead of analyzing the LINE GL quoted that was the key, we should perhaps look at the screen, see if there are any gestures, or items on the characters or set, that could clue us in.

Just some ideas. I am interested in your views.

Ushgarak
I think the line should be taken as read.

bigsef3
so do you think qui-gon returns and offers some explaination to yoda and ben, who subsequently use this trick themselves... or do you think yoda discovers this on his own and shares it with ben.

obviously, the ability to dissappear and become a ghost has something to do with anakin, specifically. And possibly has some relation to a part of the prophecy we havent heard yet. Episodes I, II, IV, V, and IV do not provide any solid proof to support the line "if YOU strike me down, i shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine," so this line must make sense in light of something completely new that is revealed in EIII.

LordRevan
it would be good if he were in epIII his voice was in II maby he would apperd before obi wan to warn that anakin in falling to the dark side.

VengeanceGOD
I think Obi-wan might figure that out when Anakin swings a saber at his head. wink

jedimaster10
I think QGJ will come back and tell obi-wan and yoda about what Anakins destiny really is and that he is fufling it.

I think Anakin's prophecy is what is making yoda and obi-wan and QGJ become one wit the force.

That is the balance to the force and thats how Anakin brings balance to the force.

And proof of this is that ben said to vader that if u strike me down i will become more powerful than before. Ben knows this because QGJ told him and yoda.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.