The Bible doesn't claim its own veracity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Rather, a group of texts compiled into a single book known as "the Bible" corroborate the veracity of the Judeo-Christian faith.

xmarksthespot
Corroborate implies a degree of certainty and conclusiveness, not present. Basically "The Bible claims the veracity of Christianity," which begs the question "What verifies the Bible?"

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Corroborate implies a degree of certainty and conclusiveness, not present. Basically "The Bible claims the veracity of Christianity," which begs the question "What verifies the Bible?"

Duh, the Christian faith.

BananaKing
I read evolution in science books, but i've never seen evolution happen before messed people tell me it's "scientifically proven" but i have no faith AND i've not seen it myself so i don't believe >_>

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by BananaKing
I read evolution in science books, but i've never seen evolution happen before messed people tell me it's "scientifically proven" but i have no faith AND i've not seen it myself so i don't believe >_>

How perfectly irrelevant.

Bicnarok

Caps Conscience

Shakyamunison

Nellinator
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Co sign it happened in the nicene council. One of the most powerful books was omitted. The Book of Enoch. The Book of Enoch was eliminated from Old Testament scriptures at the Council of Jamnia in 90 AD not Nicea, by the Jews because of its prophecies pertaining to Christ according to the best source on the subject (Tertuallian, c. 200AD). It is in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible and it was considered divinely inspired by some of the most earliest and most influential church fathers like Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, Origen, Clement of Alexandria and Tertullian and by many others because it is quoted in Jude. Interestingly, that doesn't really attest to its canonicity though because Paul is known to have quoted a pagan poet.

FeceMan
'Cause, you know, there would NEVER, EVER be false prophets about God looking to make a buck or something and then passing off their horseshit as divine revelation.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by FeceMan
'Cause, you know, there would NEVER, EVER be false prophets about God looking to make a buck or something and then passing off their horseshit as divine revelation.

Yeah . . . I wonder how many they missed.

Oh right.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yeah . . . I wonder how many they missed.

Oh right.
None, I'd presume.

Symmetric Chaos
None, I'd presume.

Because they were working only in the interest of the people?

FeceMan
Because they were working only in the interest of the people?
They were working in the interest of the truth.

Symmetric Chaos
They were working in the interest of the truth.

Which they were qualified to decide how?

FeceMan
Which they were qualified to decide how?
By being the guys in charge of the Bible?

Symmetric Chaos
By being the guys in charge of the Bible?

They're qualified to decide the truth because they're in charge of the bible. Which is a position they got because they're qualified to decide the truth.

thumb up

Nellinator
Which they were qualified to decide how? Apostolic succession.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by BananaKing

No, it isn't scientifically proven.

FeceMan
They're qualified to decide the truth because they're in charge of the bible. Which is a position they got because they're qualified to decide the truth.

thumb up
Straw man, away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.