New timeline based on trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willofthewisp
I'm trying to keep things straight, so bear with me and see if there is anything to be added. I'm guessing on ages. Jack may be older than what we previously guessed, but here is my speculation.

Jack is born: According to the POTC visual guide, Jack was born at sea in the middle of a storm.

Jack: 15, Will and Liz are born: Will is born to Bootstrap Bill and mother. He lives in England. Elizabeth Swann is born to Weatherby Swann and mother. Sometime before she is 12, her mother dies.

Jack: Between 18 and 22 (most likely)------ Jack works for the EITC under Beckett. Although not specified in film, it is speculated that Jack freed a shipload of slaves, thus branding him a pirate. According to the POTC Visual Guide, Jack is an average/below average swordsman in spite of being taught by an Italian swordfighter in exchange for gold. He is, however, a fantastic sharpshooter. Somewhere in his life, he obtained all his "effects," including a compass that points to what you want the most from the mysterious Tia Dalma.

Jack: 23, Will and Liz: 8----- Davy Jones makes a deal with Jack to resurrect the Wicked Wench. Jack renames it the Black Pearl and somewhere here appoints Barbossa as first mate. He can captain it for 13 years before he has to serve 100 years of service on the Flying Dutchman.

Jack: 25, Will and Liz: 10-----Barbossa mutinies against Jack, maroons him on an island. Jack suffers intense heat exhaustion and escapes only by help of the rum runners. Will and Liz are, uh, 10.

Jack: 27, Will and Liz: 12--- Will and Liz meet after Barbossa as captain of the Pearl sinks Will's ship. Liz finds him and takes his medallion that Bootstrap sent to him. Jack is probably tracking the Pearl. Norrington is about 19 or 20.

Jack: 35, Will and Liz: 20. Curse of the Black Pearl: Our trio meet, Will learns his father was a pirate who may be alive. Elizabeth gets her first real taste of pirates and learns she can hold her own, and Jack gets the Pearl back, shoots Barbossa dead, and escapes a hanging with the help of his new allies. Will is supposed to be the greatest swordsman in the series. This places Norrington at around 27 or 28.

Jack: 36, Will and Liz: 21. Dead Man's Chest: Will and Liz face death for helping Jack. Jack's 13-year deal with Davy is up and the evil captain of the Dutchman tracks him down. Will meets his dad, contemplates a plan on stopping Jones. Liz becomes a pirate, and with Will as a teacher, masters swords quickly. Jack dies. Norrington steals the heart and gives it to Beckett. He is 28 or 29 at this time.

Jack: 36, Will and Liz: 21. At World's End : Jack escapes the Locker and begins to fear mortality even more than before. Norrington saves Liz and dies probably at 29. Will and Liz grow as pirates, he becoming the captain of the Dutchman and Liz becoming Pirate King. The two conceive a child. Jack explores the Fountain of Youth.

Jack: 46, Will and Liz: 31------- Will and Liz have a boy and Will returns from his sea duty. T&T say that the curse is over, although it raises the quesiton of who the captain of the Dutchman is after Will. There is no word where Jack is at this point in time.

SarahB
this makes quite alot of sense to me smile the ages are reasonable aswell lol thanks. smile

willofthewisp
Am I leaving anything out?

JaehSkywalker
Jack is old.. laughing out loud but he's still hot nevertheless... love

sorry. obsession that was.

i don't think you left anything out willo...

willofthewisp
Well, age is only a number.

JaehSkywalker
yeah...

you know, it didn't really strike me that Jack's afraid of dying..... though, that thing that happened to him in Davey Jones locker is bound to be a bit traumatic...

willofthewisp
Yeah, I think that's his whole motivation of stabbing the heart. He wants to avoid death at all costs. Now, being a Christian, I think actual death would be much different than the Locker, but it's enough to terrify anyone. Fortunately, Jack loses out on immortality and decides to help a friend instead.

JaehSkywalker
you're a Christian too? cool.. happy

anyway, if i would imagine being in Jack's place, i would most certainly be freaked out by death. of course, it isn't exactly death in there.... but still.. so that's the whole basis for the fountain of youth. speaking of helping a friend, i am still kinda sorta shocked at the part where davey stabbed will. especially when i saw Jack's and Liz's expressions..

willofthewisp
Oh yes, poor Jack and Liz and poor Will! The scene was so full of anguish, yet so beautiful and poignant. That's love. The three of them huddled together...how I love them.

JaehSkywalker
nah.. poor will? IMO, it's harder to see someone die than to die yourself. but, yeah, poor will... life probably flashed before his eyes and the awful reality that he might never see Elizabeth again..............

willofthewisp
Will went through a lot in addition to the sheer physical pain. But I would agree, it would be harder to watch someone die. Imagine if it were the other way around and Liz was stabbed. It was just such a poignant moment. It made the trilogy as far as I'm concerned.

JaehSkywalker
if Liz was stabbed.... hmm... too bad the dutchman's captain can't be a girl.

yeah. it was. i wonder, if liz was the one stab, i wonder if will would be the one stabbing the heart. he would free his father and could probably see liz in the afterlife (assuming he could go back and forth right?)....

willofthewisp
If a woman can be the Pirate King, she could probably be the captain of the FD. All that it would change is that Will would wait 10 years for her.

JaehSkywalker
that's possible.

but if not...

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
i wonder, if liz was the one stab, i wonder if will would be the one stabbing the heart. he would free his father and could probably see liz in the afterlife (assuming he could go back and forth right?)....

willofthewisp
Yes, if she couldn't do it, Will would probably stab it and go get her in the Land of the Dead.

AudioHeart
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I'm trying to keep things straight, so bear with me and see if there is anything to be added. I'm guessing on ages. Jack may be older than what we previously guessed, but here is my speculation.

Jack is born: According to the POTC visual guide, Jack was born at sea in the middle of a storm.

Jack: 15, Will and Liz are born: Will is born to Bootstrap Bill and mother. He lives in England. Elizabeth Swann is born to Weatherby Swann and mother. Sometime before she is 12, her mother dies.

Jack: Between 18 and 22 (most likely)------ Jack works for the EITC under Beckett. Although not specified in film, it is speculated that Jack freed a shipload of slaves, thus branding him a pirate. According to the POTC Visual Guide, Jack is an average/below average swordsman in spite of being taught by an Italian swordfighter in exchange for gold. He is, however, a fantastic sharpshooter. Somewhere in his life, he obtained all his "effects," including a compass that points to what you want the most from the mysterious Tia Dalma.

Jack: 23, Will and Liz: 8----- Davy Jones makes a deal with Jack to resurrect the Wicked Wench. Jack renames it the Black Pearl and somewhere here appoints Barbossa as first mate. He can captain it for 13 years before he has to serve 100 years of service on the Flying Dutchman.

Jack: 25, Will and Liz: 10-----Barbossa mutinies against Jack, maroons him on an island. Jack suffers intense heat exhaustion and escapes only by help of the rum runners. Will and Liz are, uh, 10.

Jack: 27, Will and Liz: 12--- Will and Liz meet after Barbossa as captain of the Pearl sinks Will's ship. Liz finds him and takes his medallion that Bootstrap sent to him. Jack is probably tracking the Pearl. Norrington is about 19 or 20.

Jack: 35, Will and Liz: 20. Curse of the Black Pearl: Our trio meet, Will learns his father was a pirate who may be alive. Elizabeth gets her first real taste of pirates and learns she can hold her own, and Jack gets the Pearl back, shoots Barbossa dead, and escapes a hanging with the help of his new allies. Will is supposed to be the greatest swordsman in the series. This places Norrington at around 27 or 28.

Jack: 36, Will and Liz: 21. Dead Man's Chest: Will and Liz face death for helping Jack. Jack's 13-year deal with Davy is up and the evil captain of the Dutchman tracks him down. Will meets his dad, contemplates a plan on stopping Jones. Liz becomes a pirate, and with Will as a teacher, masters swords quickly. Jack dies. Norrington steals the heart and gives it to Beckett. He is 28 or 29 at this time.

Jack: 36, Will and Liz: 21. At World's End : Jack escapes the Locker and begins to fear mortality even more than before. Norrington saves Liz and dies probably at 29. Will and Liz grow as pirates, he becoming the captain of the Dutchman and Liz becoming Pirate King. The two conceive a child. Jack explores the Fountain of Youth.

Jack: 46, Will and Liz: 31------- Will and Liz have a boy and Will returns from his sea duty. T&T say that the curse is over, although it raises the quesiton of who the captain of the Dutchman is after Will. There is no word where Jack is at this point in time.

WOW big grin big grin That's Amazing!!!!

surfchikpir8fan
Thankyou so much Willo, that clears up alot! That was really nice of you to take the time and do that.

SarahB
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Am I leaving anything out?

er no i dnt think so...if u did i havent noticed lol smile

willofthewisp
Thanks. It would be so cool to have T&T's blessing to do a guide to the characters, like a biography on all of them. I'd have to get the Bring me the Horizon book at Barnes and Noble to do it. They have a little snippet about all of them included in there.

willofthewisp
Oh, I forgot where Jack is 13 and he goes sees the fairy godmother about this fact that during the day, he's a hot stud, but at night, he's an even hotter stud. She says it will end when he receives love's first kiss. I completely forgot that he locked himself in a tower guarded by a fire-breathing dragon until some brave pirate wench found him. He heard that the girl of his dreams wouldn't even be born until he was 15. Being a typical immature teenage boy, he scoffed at the idea and just left.

LoveJackSparrow
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh i was just thinking.........would if jack yes i mean JACK got stabed......i wonder how elizabeths reaction would be???? i wonder if she would be screaming out JACK!!!!!!! NO JACK!!!!!!!!!! STAY WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!! JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then Will relized that elizabeth loved jack and then he made jack stab the heart and then jack was the captain and elizabeth didnt want to leave jack and will pulled her away. and then jack was even hotter then usuall on the FD. And then Elizabeth and jack kissed on the FD and it was a long kiss and they were making out!!!!!! That would make me happy even tho Elizabeth was all ready married to will sad

siriuswriter
Thank you willo!

For some reason, I always thought Will/Liz were eight on the crossing, and 18 in CotBP. I know you're right, but just curious, how'd you find out they were 10/20?

LoveJackSparrow
Yea how did you find out???????????

willofthewisp
Ooh, well, I'm guessing. I based DMC on Keira's actual age, which was 21 and since a year had gone by, I assumed they were 20 in COTBP which would make them 12 when they came to the Caribbean. I thought for sure T&T said Will and Liz were 20, but I could be wrong there. I just based Jack's age on what we all assumed one time earlier.

siriuswriter
Ahhh. smile I had thought they were 21 as well for DMC, and it was just that a few more years had passed...

But it makes more sense for just one year to have gone by. And it was really more an intuition thing that put Liz at 18. I guess Disney always tends to put their heroines at the cusp of womanhood... I had assumed Liz was the same. Haha, I'm much more comfortable with this. smile

willofthewisp
lol, I'm not sure the ages are set canon, but 20 seems about right because it is somewhere in between Orlando and Keira's real ages. She's supposed to be a little older than her age (COTBP) and Orli's supposed to be a little younger.

LoveJackSparrow
orlando is 30 years old guys......i dont know about keira and johnnys 44 like all of yall know....but just saying orlandos 30 and i know this why because my mom told me i mean i dont know how she knew.

siriuswriter
Kiera's 21 or 22, I believe, and yes, Orlando is 30.

Sifzensinril
I thought that Will is bit older than Lizzie

LoveJackSparrow
Well no duh....lol but to me i thought olando was the same age as keira but i knew that orlando was older like by 8 years.

Mrs Fish
I don't know about Orlando, but Kiera was 17 when they shot The Curse...

Do we know for a fact how long time has past between the first film and the second film..?
cant remember reading about that before....

missme283
willo, where did you find the potc visual guide?

LoveJackSparrow
hmm yea where did you get all this info????????????

missme283
ok this is going to sound soooo dumb but T&T are the writers right?

LoveJackSparrow
do you mean who wrote the timeline or the people that wrote the script

missme283
the script

willofthewisp
The POTC Visual Guide was at Barnes and Noble. I bet it's online if you search for it. I know Orli is older than Keira, but I thought he was playing someone younger than himself. Usually, women play older than what they are men usually play a little younger. But if someone else has a better idea or more information to how old everyone is, share. The book Visual Guide is really cool except it cuts off explaining Calypso. It explains the characters, COTBP, DMC, and some of AWE, but not all of it.

willofthewisp
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=pirates+visual+guide&z=y&cds2Pid=9481

Found it!

missme283
sweet!

LoveJackSparrow
hmmm....IM BUYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.