Your Loyalties....Who are they with?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Let's say a good friend of yours, someone you have known for years, is of the opposite sex. He or she hops from partner to partner, always leaving a broken heart. Then she happens to date someone you know, not a really good friend, but still a friend. Do you tell him or her to watch out, to be careful of the person you have known for years, or do you let it play out?

Alpha Centauri
Just let it happen, I suppose.

That way your hands are honestly clean. If you try to get involved either way, you'll end up getting someone upset.

-AC

debbiejo
That's probably good advice, though I don't know if I could hold my tongue. Guess it would depend on how good a friend it was.

chillmeistergen
I'd let it play out. You could end up loosing both of their friendship and it's all a lesson learnt, when that kind of thing happens anyway.

debbiejo
Different friends and I have agreements on how honest we should be with each other. But we always ask "would you like me to tell you something, if not then I won't." Then we let it drop and that is all.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Just let it happen, I suppose.

That way your hands are honestly clean. If you try to get involved either way, you'll end up getting someone upset.

-AC That's the way I see it, pretty much, but I'd hate to see this guy get hurt. Guys fall in love with this girl very easily.

Adam_PoE
Try minding your own business.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Try minding your own business. nice attitude. wink

Wild-Cherry
I think you should ask your good friend if this other person is the same as all the others ( unless it will offend him/her ). Otherwise, just give the not so good friend a subtle warning smile

Rogue Jedi
guess I'll just see what happens.

Strangelove
People make mistakes, it's better to let them learn from than to interfere. Tell said friend your misgivings, but don't go too far.

BackFire
Tell your friend she's a piece of shit whore and to stop spreading AIDS.

Rogue Jedi
suuuuure....I'll tell them Backfire said this.

smoker4
Originally posted by BackFire
Tell your friend she's a piece of shit whore and to stop spreading AIDS.

Sorry but loloscates laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
i know, i did too. laughing out loud

ragesRemorse
Unless your in the military your loyalties shoule lie only with yourself. Friendship is nothing more than a useless perspective. So only trust and follow your family and yourself.

Fishy
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Unless your in the military your loyalties shoule lie only with yourself. Friendship is nothing more than a useless perspective. So only trust and follow your family and yourself.

Family is important but friendship isn't? Friendship can be far more important then any family, at least you can choose your friends..

As for the question, just let it play out. Not your problem and getting involved will likely only get them pissed at you.

Secretus
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Let's say a good friend of yours, someone you have known for years, is of the opposite sex. He or she hops from partner to partner, always leaving a broken heart. Then (SHE) happens to date someone you know, not a really good friend, but still a friend. Do you tell him or her to watch out, to be careful of the person you have known for years, or do you let it play out?

Honestly, keep your ****ing mouth shut .. Then **** her if you get the chance .. I love whores. Details please.

Quiero Mota
Let's say a good friend of yours, someone you have known for years, is of the opposite sex. He or she hops from partner to partner, always leaving a broken heart. Then she happens to date someone you know, not a really good friend, but still a friend. Do you tell him or her to watch out, to be careful of the person you have known for years, or do you let it play out?

Why does the friend have to be a member of the opposite sex? Does it really matter?

As for the situation, I wouldnt get involved porque I don't wanna cause any drama and get sucked into soap opera shit. What I might do is pull my friend (the player) aside, and over some beer ask them 'So why do you do that? So-and-so is a good person, and you'll just cause them pain and maybe make an enemy and you'll eventually wind up dead if you cross the wrong person.'

Rogue Jedi
it just happens that the friend i am talking about is of the opposite sex. it can work both ways.

Mindship
I'd be tempted to say something to my "good friend" the heart-breaker. I mean, if she is indeed a good friend whom I have known for many years, and always leaves a broken heart, I would think that she and I would have discussed this behavior at least once/twice over the years. Depending on her present attitude, then, I might say something to the lesser friend.

Victor Von Doom
The human race is becoming progressively gayer.

yvonekarate
I would probably talk to them both and first of all my good friend who hops from girl to girl.

Regards, Yvonne

Bicnarok

WheretoVirtue?
This is like the scenarios they give us in health class to solve.

I think you just shouldn't tell them at all because it could end up working out for them and then it'll be awkward maybe around them together because you -in a way- tried to break them up.

Bardock42

You could talk to the person that does it.

It's like this one girl I knew she got pregnant, and she really didn't want an abortion, but I convinced her to get it and now we are all happy.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
You could talk to the person that does it.

It's like this one girl I knew she got pregnant, and she really didn't want an abortion, but I convinced her to get it and now we are all happy.
Did she believe in Christ? laughing out loud

Bardock42
Did she believe in Christ? laughing out loud Not afterwards.

She killed herself a few months later.

smoker4
You're such a gas http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/herbvin.gif

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by smoker4
You're such a gas http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/herbvin.gif speaking of gas, his parents died in a horrific gasoline accident.

Bardock42
speaking of gas, his parents died in a horrific gasoline accident. gasoline fight accident...actually.

Rogue Jedi
ala Zoolander?

Bardock42
ala Zoolander? that was the joke, I believe.

Rogue Jedi
that was the joke, I believe. Man, I didnt know if you were serious or not when you told me. FJ was like "Dude, he is joking. That's how he jokes." laughing out loud

Bardock42
Man, I didnt know if you were serious or not when you told me. FJ was like "Dude, he is joking. That's how he jokes." laughing out loud

Well, they say "Bardock works in mysterious ways".

I still can't believe FJ didn't take the blowjob thing as a joke...it was such a good one too.

Rogue Jedi
well, we both took it the wrong way initially. no worries now.

Dreamt
Originally posted by BackFire
Tell your friend she's a piece of shit whore and to stop spreading AIDS. True.

InnerRise
Let's say a good friend of yours, someone you have known for years, is of the opposite sex. He or she hops from partner to partner, always leaving a broken heart. Then she happens to date someone you know, not a really good friend, but still a friend. Do you tell him or her to watch out, to be careful of the person you have known for years, or do you let it play out? Considering that both of these hypothetical people are my friends, good or not, it wouldn't be fair to either one of them to take sides.

Being that the good friend is breaking hearts though, I think I may have to warn the lesser friend anyway, b/c what the good friend is wrong.

If the relationship wasn't serious and both of them were just having fun, then I guess I'd let it fly, but if the lesser friend was really falling for the good friend in a serious way, I'd talk to the better friend to see what their intentions were and tell them to end it if they planned on breaking the lesser friend's heart. If they refused, I'd go to the lesser friend and warn them.

Keep in mind this is all considering that I care.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Bardock42
Originally posted by InnerRise
Considering that both of these hypothetical people are my friends, good or not, it wouldn't be fair to either one of them to take sides.

Being that the good friend is breaking hearts though, I think I may have to warn the lesser friend anyway, b/c what the good friend is wrong.

If the relationship wasn't serious and both of them were just having fun, then I guess I'd let it fly, but if the lesser friend was really falling for the good friend in a serious way, I'd talk to the better friend to see what their intentions were and tell them to end it if they planned on breaking the lesser friend's heart. If they refused, I'd go to the lesser friend and warn them.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

We should also keep in mind that your first sentence totally contradicts the second.

Rogue Jedi
Considering that both of these hypothetical people are my friends, good or not, it wouldn't be fair to either one of them to take sides.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka..... my thoughts exactly.

Bardock42
my thoughts exactly. Originally posted by Bardock42
We should also keep in mind that your first sentence totally contradicts the second.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, it's a confusing scenario. they are both cool people, and I don't want anyone pissed off and/or hurt.

InnerRise
We should also keep in mind that your first sentence totally contradicts the second. In the first sentence I stated that it wouldn't be fair to take sides.

In the second sentence I say I feel I'd still have to warn the lesser friend ANYWAY. (Disregarding the fairness of it all)

Then I continue to explain in detail, the extent of my involvement and how it would come about.

How was I contradicting?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka....

Bardock42
In the first sentence I stated that it wouldn't be fair to take sides.

In the second sentence I say I feel I'd still have to warn the lesser friend ANYWAY. (Disregarding the fairness of it all)

Then I continue to explain in detail, the extent of my involvement and how it would come about.

How was I contradicting?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka....

Well, it wasn't really, just when I say that people like RJ will believe me....have a nice day.

Is it comprehensible....doped

Rogue Jedi
I am # 1 on B's hit list.

Bardock42
I am # 1 on B's hit list.

Rogue Jedi
3 who are the top 2?

Bardock42
who are the top 2?
Raz and Victor Von Doom

Rogue Jedi
Raz and Victor Von Doom pretty sad, B. why even have a hit list?

Bardock42
pretty sad, B. why even have a hit list?

I-i don't.

Rogue Jedi
I-i don't. ninja

InnerRise
Well, it wasn't really, just when I say that people like RJ will believe me....have a nice day.

Is it comprehensible....doped I'll have a fantabulous day. You do the same. doped

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

debbiejo
Hey, if there's a list of something good, I'm on it. smart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.