Magneto vs. Peter Petrelli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phase
Another collision between the Heroes world and the Marvel Word.

Magneto happens to be causing mayhem in Kirby Plaza. Peter flies by, and says "No!" "Bad!" mad

They soon engage in combat.

Now Peter end of season 1 (but lets just sayhe doesnt explode) has:-
Flight
Precognition
Spontaneous Regeneration
Telekinesis
One-Way Telepathy
Invisibility
Radiation Manipulation
Superstrength (gains it from Niki ryt at the end)
+ Sylar's abilities of:-
Telekinesis
Cryokinesis
Superhearing
Metallic Liquefaction
Eiditic Memory (arguably)
Precognition
Radiation Manipulation eek!

Sooooooooooo, have we finally found a character who can take down the Master of Magnetism?

Oh ye, peter now also has Magnetic Manipulation!!!!!

SO, is Magneto's experience enough to counter Peter's numerous but poorly used powers?

wat will happen? sad

celestialdemon
Careful. I believe Digimark is already tired of the Heroes threads.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Careful. I believe Digimark is already tired of the Heroes threads.

He is.

Pete wins.

celestialdemon
Before it's closed, I'll go ahead and answer.

A lot of Pete's abilities will be useless. Invisibility, telepathy, precognition, and super hearing. Peter could win the fight if he had enough experience using his powers. Magneto would beat him.

phase
Oooh, well i havnt been here for a while, so i didnt know the rule on heroes. Technically the character s are comic based, since there are Heroes comics online (which will soon be published!!).

Anyway, I believe Peter should take this fight, using his cryokinesis, he could cool Magneto down, even inside a shield. And his spontaneous regneration should prevent magneto from crushing him.

Peter 8/10

....but i'm sure there'll b sum ppl ready to defend magneto?!?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by phase
Oooh, well i havnt been here for a while, so i didnt know the rule on heroes. Technically the character s are comic based, since there are Heroes comics online (which will soon be published!!).

Primary source material is the TV show (which also happens to be the only existing canon parts).

It's been tolerated for a while though.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Not another Heroes thread

Swanky-Tuna
Aren't the comics based on the TV show, thus making them TV based?

Xplosive
Come on, what has Peter done to match Magneto power level. He hasn't shown not even 1% of Magneto power level.

Magneto crushes him with ease.

Destroying New York isn't enough to defeat Magneto.
Only with his time abilties maby he could defeat Magneto, with other powers is out of the question, since Magneto faced far more powerful energy wielders and psychics.

Lethal_Rise
yes it's a TV SHOW turned comics, you'd get the same static from posting something like "smallville's lex luthor vs. earth prime superboy" or something like that. Magneto destroys him easily.

phase
No-one has provided a strong enough argument to defend Magneto, only "Magneto destroys him easily" and "Magneto crushes him with ease".

IMO magneto could try to send an energy beam at peter, but, even if it hit him, he would stop time, heal, have plenty of time to think, decide to use cryokinesis on magneto, as he would not haveto unfreeze time to do this. Therefore, magneto is cooled to -74 degrees, peter unfreezes time, and uses superstrength to shatter him, or rip him on half (which Jessica has been shown to do.)

Peter win 10/10

llagrok
Magneto rips him in half.

A[BAW]Endrict
DIGI FTW!!!

don't shiv
Originally posted by AEndrict
DIGI FTW!!!

co-signed.

ragesRemorse
Magneto is a master mutant...Peter is a novice, that doesnt even have full controll of his abilities...hmmm

celestialdemon
No-one has provided a strong enough argument to defend Magneto, only "Magneto destroys him easily" and "Magneto crushes him with ease".

IMO magneto could try to send an energy beam at peter, but, even if it hit him, he would stop time, heal, have plenty of time to think, decide to use cryokinesis on magneto, as he would not haveto unfreeze time to do this. Therefore, magneto is cooled to -74 degrees, peter unfreezes time, and uses superstrength to shatter him, or rip him on half (which Jessica has been shown to do.)

Peter win 10/10

Magneto could freeze Peter in his place and not allow him to access his powers like he did to the X-Men in Fatal Attractions. From there, he could do whatever he wanted with him.

As for the ice attacks, Peter doesn't even have a fraction of the experience Iceman has, and Bobby hasn't had much luck against Eric.

Peter's only hope is to freeze time, and there's no guarantee that will even work since even Sylar was able to unfreeze himself.

phase
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Peter's only hope is to freeze time, and there's no guarantee that will even work since even Sylar was able to unfreeze himself.

Sylar did not unfreeze time, Hiro did, otherwise he would not be able to stab Sylar in his "time-frozen" state, as all "time-frozen" objects are unbreakable.

But anyway, if its true that Magento can stop ppl accesind their powers (how, i dont no) well then Magneto prbably wins, unless Peter freezes time, in time....

Magento 7/10.

Scoobless
Sylar did not unfreeze time, Hiro did, otherwise he would not be able to stab Sylar in his "time-frozen" state, as all "time-frozen" objects are unbreakable.

I don't remember that ever coming up.

phase
Its stated in one of the online comics, and its obvious, examples are like wen Hiro finds it extremely difficult to move D.L., holdin the woman from the car, and must teleport them instead. It makes sense as well. if something is time-frozen then nothing can happen to its state, so the sword would strike sylar, but sylar's atoms could not move, nor the bonds break, and so the sword would not penetrate him. Tht's y hiro unfroze time........but again this is gettin off topic.

Symmetric Chaos
Its stated in one of the online comics

erm Non canon.

and its obvious, examples are like wen Hiro finds it extremely difficult to move D.L., holdin the woman from the car, and must teleport them instead. It makes sense as well. if something is time-frozen then nothing can happen to its state, so the sword would strike sylar, but sylar's atoms could not move, nor the bonds break, and so the sword would not penetrate him. Tht's y hiro unfroze time........but again this is gettin off topic.

Not being able to move something and not being able to break it are very different. Especially when you consider that Hiro would technically be striking at superluminal speeds.

celestialdemon

Then why does Hiro look so surprised to see Sylar catch his sword? If he did unfreeze time, he did it unintentionally.

And where is it stated that time-frozen objects are unbreakable? If that's true, then Peter definitely doesn't stand a chance against Magneto even with those powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.