The question on everybodys mind.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PIRATES=SEX
IS THERE GOING TO BE A 4TH?

It seemed quite possible with the ending.

Highlight to see.
How jack cut the piece from the map to the fountain of youth. But then again with the whole secret ending its possible there may not be a 4th , all in all i really hope there is.

Bloomaholic
really? i felt it would be less possible with the ending and if there was a pirates 4...it wouldn't continue in this trilogy...it would most likely be a new story which for some reason I find sad

T.Maria
definately be a new story.
And if its a new story then its highly unlikely that there would be all the same cast...and for me, POTC doesnt work without all the original cast.

The death of norrie upset me, because of how great his character had become in DMC...i LOVED him in DMC because his role was just so different, and we saw a side of him that we all loved.

Does anyone get the impression that the death of Governor swann and Norrie was really...bland???
No big build up and no real sense of them actually dying?

It was just like;

You're dead? Oh no, thats so sad...ok, lets move on...

If theres a 4th then i hope its really original and they can find a way to bring back characters into the script possibly find a way for lizzie and Will to be there, too ...

Cause lets face it;

Most of us aren't all that keen on new characters becoming main characters within a film/television franchise that we love...

Bloomaholic
i was freaking out A LOT when Will died and jack pulled her away while she was screaming for him...i was like "omg omg!!! oh no, guys will is dead" and my friends are like "just wait, maybe he'll be okay" (one was upset with me...the other could care less) :LOL big grin

Naz
I don't think there'll be a fourth, it would really just kind of be repeating itself. Like how in the beginning of the first one Jack is shipless and all.

Bloomaholic
well jack was shipless at the end of Pirates 3 anyway...right back where he started from!! lol!

ADarksideJedi
I think it would be horrible if they make a movie four!It is so good how it is now so why ruin it?I think it is good for a three part movie and that is it.JM

Bloomaholic
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I think it would be horrible if they make a movie four!It is so good how it is now so why ruin it?I think it is good for a three part movie and that is it.JM

I agree...it wouldn't even have the same characters...not cool lol

calypso
Ok, what hooked all of us on POTC? Was it Will and Lizzy, Jack and Lizzy, the monkey and Lizzy, Norri and Lizzy, or anybody who wanted to be kissed by Lizzy and die?

No, it was CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW. So if, and I say if they decide to to another POTC, it will either be a back story of Captain Jack Sparrow, a spin off on a couple of characters, i.e. Pentel and Regetti, in a cartoon series or maybe another trilogy with Captain Jack Sparrow on more adventures.

I hope we have more CJS. I love the character as much as Johnny Depp does and I for one would love to see him in action again. Do ya'll really not want to see another trilogy with CJS. Are ya'll so locked into Will, Lizzy and CJS making POTC what it is? Well, I am not, and I hope for another great hijinks on the seas with the rascally Captain Jack Sparrow.

AudioHeart
Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Legend Of Jack Sparrow has a great ring to it, just like the game!

big grin big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue

LoveJackSparrow
That was beautiful calypso, so beauitful of what you typed. It all makes since to me and probally to others as well. And I want a PotC 4 too! Maybe with Jolly Roger trying to kill Jack Sparrow but hopefully if there is a 4th they make it a whole movie not a trilogy but a whole movie. And maybe Jack Sparrow will try to save Elizabeth if she is in the 4th movie from Jolly Roger and maybe Will Turner will try to save Elizabeth too! It would cool or maybe instead of Eilzabeth it will be her kid! It would be awesome.

Surreal_44
Well, Terry (or Ted, I forget which) said on Wordplayer that a Pirates Four does not necessarily have to take place AFTER the ten years are up. So...perhaps they do an inbetween story, and show us Will/Elizabeth togeth during that time (bending the rules, perhaps?), along with Jack to do some more adventuring?

That'd be so cool!!!

ETA: I actually am not a big fan of Johnny Depp or Captain Jack Sparrow. My draw to the films? Norrington and Will big grin

IheartPocky
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

You do love Johnny and Jack. You just don't realize it. evil face

PirateDiva
lol laughing

Micheal_Myers
I dont think there will be a fourth.The secret ending kinda leaves Will and Liz out of it if there is.Does anyone ever see Jack settlling down anytime soon?I sure as hell dont.His ending was simply a "Well, that guy's is gonna keep doing what he always does.Adventure..."

Surreal_44
^^ I did just state that the writers mentioned Pirates 4 doesn't have to take place after the ten years are up, so Will and Liz could possibly be in a fourth film.

And I know, shocking as it is, I just am not overly fond of Jack Sparrow. He's entertaining but ah...meh. I just don't enjoy him as much as I do the other characters. I know, it's terrible. wink

Arachnid1
I think their will be a four. Like I said, I think it will be about Wills son. It should be a couple of years into the future though so he is grown up and the movie could be about him helping jack find the fountain of youth before Barbossa catches up to them. I really don't want Barbossa to be a bad guy again though. Still, Jack and him aren't really friends. They only teamed up in that movie for the sake of pirates.

And if you don't want that, it could be even more into the future so Wills kid is an Adult and Jack already ound the fountain of youth and drank it so he is immortal and looks exactly the same as every movie. Will would still be around too because he can't age or die since he is the captain of the Dutchman.

Barbossa would jst be older and either Elizabeth would be dead (murdered) or she is busy being the new governer of wherever her dad ruled over so she wouldn't make as much appearances.

Surreal_44
^^ Will isn't captain of the Dutchman any longer.

lovethemtigers
if the fourth movie is what goes on between will and elizabeth during those ten years...it will be a major box office flop, because although you may not be drawn to the pirate movies because of johnny and jack...you are in a very small minority...cuz the majority of the fans.,,and the main reason for the success of the three movies..is Johnny Depp and jack Sparrow..and that's just a fact....

Surreal_44
I also said that Jack would be in the film as well. Here's how I picture a fourth film could work...

Jack and Barbossa have been chasing each other across the seas, fighting over the Black Pearl, the map, etc. So far, neither one of them has managed to get to the Fountain of Youth. It's about three years after the end of AWE, so Will and Lizzie's child is about two and a half...

In the middle of Jack and Barbossa snarking at each other, a pirate ship rolls up to them with dire news; Elizabeth has been attacked while on a return trip to Shipwreck Island. She was injured badly, and William the Third is now 'a guest' aboard the enemy ships.

Thinking that they've killed her, the pirates have gone to Shipwreck Island to declare that a new King be elected.

Jack and Barbossa stop screwing around and get thier butts back to Shipwreck Island, where they get worse news; Will's heart has been stolen by some other-worldly creatures, and Elizabeth's injuries are life-threatening.

Meanwhile, in the Land of the Dead, Will is having his own problems, having irritated a goddess or other supernatural being because he refuses romantic overtures or refuses to be swayed into straying from his proper duty.

In order to seek to control of Will and the Dutchman, this creature has taken Will's heart, and they begin to change Will from being honorable and noble into something twisted and evil, and worse than Davy Jones.

Calypso pops up to ask Jack and Barbossa for help, finds out about Elizabeth's injuries (which can only conviently be healed in the Land of the Dead by some sorcerous), and helps them get to the Land of the Dead to 1. Save Will, 2. Save Liz 3. Restore order to the Land of the Dead.

Meanwhile, Daddy Teague holds political type meetings etc to hold off the kidnappers until Elizabeth has been healed and can resume her rightful place.

More exciting stuff happens which I'm too lazy to think of right now, everyone is saved, Will becomes good again, they come back, kick the bad pirates' asses, and Liz and Will manage to have a whole evening together, where Will meets his son and he gets to snog Lizzie. Then Will says good-bye to everyone, and heads back to fulfill his duty as a non-evil person ferrying souls.

Barbossa and Jack decide they work very well as a team and decide to go find the Fountain of Youth together, so they can have some and also take some back to Lizzie. As they sail out of Shipwreck Harbor, they begin to argue over who is rightful captain of the ship, and the credits roll.

So yeah, you could totally work out all the characters being in this film again without having it be 10 years in the future, and I only spent a few minutes on this. big grin

Surreal_44
Double posted, sorry. big grin

Surreal_44
Aieee, Triple posted. Excessive amounts of apologies. *kicks computer*

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Surreal_44
^^ Will isn't captain of the Dutchman any longer.

Why not?

Surreal_44
Go to this thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/452601_4-10-year-rule-spoilers

Second page. It has an explanation and links to quotes from Ted and Terry at Wordplayer.

potcphreak
I think that if there is a fourth movie, there are two options: continue with Captain Jack. i can see a new villain, maybe Jolly Roger, going to the island where Will and Elizabeth are and kidnapping Lizzy. Then Jack, Will, and the son of Will and Lizzy all set out to rescue her. The other option I see is possibly a prequel to CotBP. Possibly explaining how Jack got Jones to raise the pearl from the depths, then the agreement of them that Jack would be captain of the black pearl for 13 years, then explain how Jack got his crew, then explain the mutiny, and then the sea turtles. big grin What do y'all think?

IheartPocky
Jack should baby sit Jack Jr. (as im calling the little Willabeth child) while Liz and Will have their time together before Will has to get back to work at the end big grin

potcfan2003
Originally posted by T.Maria
definately be a new story.
And if its a new story then its highly unlikely that there would be all the same cast...and for me, POTC doesnt work without all the original cast.

The death of norrie upset me, because of how great his character had become in DMC...i LOVED him in DMC because his role was just so different, and we saw a side of him that we all loved.

Does anyone get the impression that the death of Governor swann and Norrie was really...bland???
No big build up and no real sense of them actually dying?

It was just like;

You're dead? Oh no, thats so sad...ok, lets move on...

If theres a 4th then i hope its really original and they can find a way to bring back characters into the script possibly find a way for lizzie and Will to be there, too ...

Cause lets face it;

Most of us aren't all that keen on new characters becoming main characters within a film/television franchise that we love...

I watched the movie in he drive in.. I cried, and one of my friend was screaming and you could hear her actually sobbing!! I saw the movie again last night bc i could not hear wat anyone was saying! I went with a group of girls and we all screamed so loud when we realized that will was not dead.

potcfan2003
And i forgot to add... No offense to anyone, but i thought norrinton was really stuck up. I wasn't happy when he died, but not sad either, kinda like ehh.. But the second time i saw the movie , i was sadder. by the way, how do u get signatures?

AudioHeart
Originally posted by potcfan2003
And i forgot to add... No offense to anyone, but i thought norrinton was really stuck up. I wasn't happy when he died, but not sad either, kinda like ehh.. But the second time i saw the movie , i was sadder. by the way, how do u get signatures?

On the top, Go to "Quick Links" then go to "User Control Panel" then to "Edit Signature" then upload one from your computer via "Upload Custom Signature Image" (just click on it and choose the one you want to use as your siggy), Oh and there's a certain limit to how big it can be

Then copy the code thing into the little box on top of where the "Upload Custom Signature Image" writing in blue was and click save

...Make Sense? big grin big grin

JaehSkywalker
*helps AH*

big grin

what she said^ is right, but if you don't get it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/295619_1-setting-a-signature-under-your-post

AudioHeart
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
*helps AH*

big grin

what she said^ is right, but if you don't get it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/295619_1-setting-a-signature-under-your-post

Thannnnks!!! big grin big grin lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.