Jaden Korr?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Riverollv
I played the game Jedi Academy and everything but I didn't really ever thought about his power or FP or strength and saber skill... how powerful is this guy?

Darth Hord
I don't believe there was ever a FP mentioned. I always thought of him of an above the average to really good. I think he could possibly be at or about the same level some of the pt council memebers.

exanda kane
It's a game. You really can't take it that seriously in your fictional gladitorial battles.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by exanda kane
It's a game. You really can't take it that seriously in your fictional gladitorial battles.

The fact is Jaden still defeated Tavion twice when she had the scepter and the second time she was possessed by Ragnos who knew the secrets of the scepter, also for whatever its worth he battled Boba Fett to draw in which fett retreated 1st. About what you said correct me if I'm wrong but is what your saying because it is a game you can't take it seriously or are you referring to in game stats.

Riverollv
And as I remember, if you were a Dark Side Jaden, you battled Kyle and kicked his ass. Though, I guess this doesn't matter since it's not canon.

vader11
Ya, I don't really think he can beat Kyle.

Riverollv
Yeah, I think he is powerful, though.

Tangible God
Well this is going nowhere. Does Jaden even have a canonical appearance?

Count Makashi
He is probably a very talented student, maybe he can become better then Kyle in the future.

Riverollv
Yes, as I remember, in the game Luke and Kyle believe him to be a very talented, strong, and powerful student. Besides, we played with him in the game ONLY BEING a Padawan and a brand new Knight, who knows how powerful he'd become as a Master.

kamhal
Actually, by the end of the game Luke gave him the rank of Master...

Riverollv
Oh, then I guess I forgot about that... I haven't played the game in a long time.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Riverollv
And as I remember, if you were a Dark Side Jaden, you battled Kyle and kicked his ass. Though, I guess this doesn't matter since it's not canon.

If you took the Dark Side Kyle practically mand handled you if you got to near to him, yes, remember he literally whaps you over the head and sends you packing with the Force.

As to Darth Hord's post I must simply state my exasperated disbelief. What did you say?

Darth Hord
What I meant was because he is in a video game you can't take him seriously or were you referring to stuff like in game force powers?

LORDSIDIOUS01
How powerful exactly is he?

afro

coke

Spidervlad
Originally posted by exanda kane
If you took the Dark Side Kyle practically mand handled you if you got to near to him, yes, remember he literally whaps you over the head and sends you packing with the Force.

As to Darth Hord's post I must simply state my exasperated disbelief. What did you say?

Well, Kyle didnt exactly "PWN" Jaiden.

It was a really good duel from what I remember, and Jaiden collapsed the whole tomb upon Kyle using the scepter, when Kyle was about to win.

They were almost evenly matched, althought Kyle had overcome Jaiden by the end and Jaiden only won the deal by using the scepter's help.

He did not however defeat Kyle, for Kyle emerged from the rocks a little while after when Luke came. But I think he stayed in those rocks knocked out for a preety long time. If Jaiden didn't think that Luke would come soon, I say he would have killed Kyle using the scepter.

And if we are talking about Jaden Korr in dark side, then that also means he has the scepter. And the scepter is very powerful, as we all know.

Added to that Jaden Korr defeated Tavion possesed by Ragnos.
As far as I know I think that just a spirit of Ragnos would be weaker then one who has a body, so Jaden defeated a powerful enemy when he defeated Ragnos's spirit in Tavion. Added to that, Ragnos's Spirit in Tavion also used a sith sword against him.

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by Spidervlad

He did not however defeat Kyle, for Kyle emerged from the rocks a little while after when Luke came. That's like saying that Obi-wan didn't defeat Maul.

ThoraxeRMG
"Jaden Korr was a male Jedi Knight from Coruscant. A student and apprentice of Jedi Master Kyle Katarn, Korr was one of his best apprentices and a key figure in resolving the Disciples of Ragnos crisis in 14 ABY. He continued to serve the New Jedi Order after the Yuuzhan Vong War."

exanda kane
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Well, Kyle didnt exactly "PWN" Jaiden.

It was a really good duel from what I remember, and Jaiden collapsed the whole tomb upon Kyle using the scepter, when Kyle was about to win.

They were almost evenly matched, althought Kyle had overcome Jaiden by the end and Jaiden only won the deal by using the scepter's help.

He did not however defeat Kyle, for Kyle emerged from the rocks a little while after when Luke came. But I think he stayed in those rocks knocked out for a preety long time. If Jaiden didn't think that Luke would come soon, I say he would have killed Kyle using the scepter.

And if we are talking about Jaden Korr in dark side, then that also means he has the scepter. And the scepter is very powerful, as we all know.

Added to that Jaden Korr defeated Tavion possesed by Ragnos.
As far as I know I think that just a spirit of Ragnos would be weaker then one who has a body, so Jaden defeated a powerful enemy when he defeated Ragnos's spirit in Tavion. Added to that, Ragnos's Spirit in Tavion also used a sith sword against him.

All of that doesn't really matter to me because in my opinion Jaden Korr is a particularly dull vessel to explore the Star Wars license with, my opinion yes, but there's nothing new in that character that makes me want to discuss deeply how powerful he is. The guy completes those feats for the sake of the players enjoyment, not to fit into the roster of Mr or Mrs EU 2007 title.

truejedi
Well, you can't take Jedi Academy too seriously. (good game, poor story line) b/c the most powerful character in the game is kyle. And then desann (spawn npc codes) Luke can't beat a rebornmaster. So by obviously selling luke WAY short, they destroy any credibilty they have in assigning force power... (Yes i know this thread is from may, i just was in the mood to talk JA )

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Tangible God
Well this is going nowhere. Does Jaden even have a canonical appearance?

He's mentioned once in Fury.

truejedi
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
He's mentioned once in Fury.

Which book? And what does it say about him? and can we assume the light side ending is the canonical view point then?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by truejedi
Which book? And what does it say about him? and can we assume the light side ending is the canonical view point then?

Legacy of the force book:Fury. not sure what was said and yes light side ending is canon.

0°Mandalore°0
I wish we really knew more about this character.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Legacy of the force book:Fury. not sure what was said and yes light side ending is canon.

Note: This has a slight Fury spoiler.

Light side ending was confirmed somewhere where he and Jan Ors search for Kyle, who was lost somewhere.

As for Fury, the exact script is as follows:

Kyp looked back across the personnel bay of the Broadside , at the other ersatz Guard troops-Jedi such as Valin Horn and Jaden Korr among them, anonymous behind their visors. He raised his own visor and shouted back across the troops: "What's our motto?"
They responded with a single, well-practiced roar: "Let the enemy do the work!"
Kyp nodded and gave them an appreciative smile. "That's the spirit."

truejedi
*Fury Spoiler*

yeah, it took me something like an hour to find that the other day, b/c i simply didn't remember. If he was elevated to Master, then why isn't he listed as a master when the other masters have their "training/planning session" before the failed attempt on Jacen's life?
i personally don't remember him being promoted to master, but a lot of time has supposedly passed between JA and LOTF. And he was supposedly powerful enough to be promoted to Knight in just a very little time. Makes sense he would be a master by now doesn't it?

VPirate2099
I believe he's powerful. Hell he's even more powerful than Rosh.

0°Mandalore°0
I consider Rosh an above-average student, but nothing more. Better said: he's more powerful than Tavion.

Allankles
And was able to beat up Ragnos after he'd possessed Tavion's body. He should be quite powerful by LOTF.

Darth Sexy
Except Ragnos' power was diminished by being in an inferior body, so please stop saying Korr defeated Ragnos..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.