:AHEM: Dr.Strange vs Current X-men, Current Thunderbolts, old Alpha Flight...and Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Ok, this is a big ass fight, and since Strange is so outnumbered in power, strength and even skill, we have to give him prep. Not a lot, only 5 minutes. He can NOT travel back in time. Everything else is fair game.

I, myself, am worried about AF and maybe the mutants. They always have something weird up their sleeve.

TricksterPriest
Are you that hard up for compliments on Dr. Strange? confused Seems to me like he wins handily. Unless Talisman or Shaman can stop him.

guy222
Originally posted by long pig
Ok, this is a big ass fight, and since Strange is so outnumbered in power, strength and even skill, we have to give him prep. Not a lot, only 5 minutes. He can NOT travel back in time. Everything else is fair game.

I, myself, am worried about AF and maybe the mutants. They always have something weird up their sleeve.

Strange falls

long pig
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Are you that hard up for compliments on Dr. Strange? confused Seems to me like he wins handily. Unless Talisman or Shaman can stop him.
I'm actually relying on Shaman to pull something making this much, much harder.

Shaman is good, not AS good, but good nonetheless.

shksprtx
Talisman and Shaman combined can take Strange down. Strange himself has said that Talisman is at least as powerful as he, and Shaman has his pouch and years of experience.

Strange falls, 10/10.

tjcoady
Strange said Talisman is as powerful... that doesn't mean anywhere near as skilled. and that's not taking into account the ridiculous number of things he could gather with that prep... like every artifact he's ever used.... or contacting any of the numerous gods he rarely uses power from. bloodlusted strange, a kmc fight strange, is very different from most showings strange. to win this fight, he might have to use the black magic that he rarely does... I think he can take this 7/10

shksprtx
Originally posted by tjcoady
Strange said Talisman is as powerful... that doesn't mean anywhere near as skilled. and that's not taking into account the ridiculous number of things he could gather with that prep... like every artifact he's ever used.... or contacting any of the numerous gods he rarely uses power from. bloodlusted strange, a kmc fight strange, is very different from most showings strange. to win this fight, he might have to use the black magic that he rarely does... I think he can take this 7/10

1) Talisman has the experience of all the Talismans before her, she just has to tap into it.

2) Shaman can pull artifacts from his pouch to counter whatever Strange pulls.

3) Strange still has to worry about all of the X-men, Thunderbolts, and the rest of AF (including Snowbird who is no slouch herself) and Hulk.

4) Even if Strange resorts to black magic, he is so outnumbered and overpowered that he loses.

Team(s) 10/10.

shksprtx
Also, Prodigy absorbs all of Strange's power and skill and uses it against him...

King_Mungi
Don't forget folks, Alpha Flight doesn't have just two uber magical users they have 4...oh and 2 Gods.

The team has an Omega level mystic, Earthmover and the universe threat that Belasco wanted to use in order to take over the multiverse being Witchfire.

5 minutes is not a lot of time for prep especially against Talisman , who can simply cancel out magic as she did so easily with Loki's.

CasanoVa
Current Thunderbolts get killed straight away.

Hulk get's BFR'ed.

Current X-Men? Depends on the team (not that I see any of them beating him)

Alpha Flight is the biggest threat in this fight, they have two mystics (who IMO aren't as good as Strange, but together they'd be able to hold him off a bit).

King_Mungi
Actually as noted Talisman is as good as Strange, even called her "a primal force of nature". Also they have 4 mystics: Earthmover, Witchfire, Talisman and Shaman.

Anyways unless Strange doesn't freeze time giving him unlimited prep then he would be hard pressed to win.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Actually as noted Talisman is as good as Strange, even called her "a primal force of nature". Also they have 4 mystics: Earthmover, Witchfire, Talisman and Shaman.

Anyways unless Strange doesn't freeze time giving him unlimited prep then he would be hard pressed to win.

I thought she had the potential to be as good as Strange? erm

shksprtx
Originally posted by King_Mungi

I'd hardly call Earthmover and Witchfire part of the "old" Alpha Flight...but then again, that team has gone through so many different lineups that one could probably argue for any vol 1 lineup in this battle.

Personally, when I think "old" Alpha Flight I think Guardian, Puck, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Talisman, and Shaman.

And yeah, at that point, even though Talisman is still young and unsure of herself, she can call upon 20,000 years of experience.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by CasanoVa
I thought she had the potential to be as good as Strange? erm

Yeah and she reached it, that quote was actually said the 1st day she got the Talisman. After that she was controlling Elder Gods like no ones bussiness. Also the Talisman beat Llan 20,000 years ago and 10,000 years ago when Dr.Strange didn't do so favorable.

Also another option is Snowbird transforms into Tanaraq, and basically becomes magic immune..poor Kulan Gath cool

Originally posted by shksprtx
I'd hardly call Earthmover and Witchfire part of the "old" Alpha Flight...but then again, that team has gone through so many different lineups that one could probably argue for any vol 1 lineup in this battle.

Personally, when I think "old" Alpha Flight I think Guardian, Puck, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Talisman, and Shaman.

And yeah, at that point, even though Talisman is still young and unsure of herself, she can call upon 20,000 years of experience.

Thier not part of the original team, but Witchfire has been a stable character in the original run. Earthmover much later. Long pig wasn't specific about the lineup so I went from there

Add Marrina and you have the basics of the original lineup.

Plus the Talisman of Power actually feeds her information as it's the gods talking to her.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Dr. Strange doesn't even get past the current X-Men.

rotiart
Dr. Strange casts a spell that doesn't stop time.. but speeds him up to the point that time appears stopped... he creates a redundancy spell that causes everyone to be teleported to the moment of the big bang. except for strange of course. :P

Symmetric Chaos
Current Strange would be killed by any of them . . .

King_Mungi
Originally posted by rotiart
Dr. Strange casts a spell that doesn't stop time.. but speeds him up to the point that time appears stopped... he creates a redundancy spell that causes everyone to be teleported to the moment of the big bang. except for strange of course. :P

You can't teleport certain members of Alpha Flight, such as Snowbird is immune to being teleported if she doesn't want to be

With one word, "shush" Shaman actually did freeze time. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.