who likes Jaja binks ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Alot of fans hate jaja binks and love darth maul . I was wondring was it worth having Jaja in star wars ??

yettoh
heres my opinion

people hate jar jar as much as they can but.......if they got rid of jar jar they would probably want him back (MY opinion)

Council#13
I don't mind Jar Jar. He was really nice to kid-Anakin. Maybe I'm biased because I was very young when I saw TPM, and thinking about Jar Jar reminds me of how I felt when watching the movie and feeling so carefree.

Schecter
yay another jar jar thread

General G
I wanted to kill him after I saw the new ROTJ and knew he survived.

~JP~
Originally posted by Schecter
yay another jar jar thread

Jeeez Louise, no doubt, not to mention I think we had a thread with almost the exact same topic wording. It sucked then and it still does.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by coolmovies
Alot of fans hate jaja binks and love darth maul . I was wondring was it worth having Jaja in star wars ??

Jar Jar was there to make kids laugh. Kind of like how adults hate Brany but yet every kid loves him.

Sith Master X
Jar Jar= whatever. Didn't really hate him, never really loved him.

What I do hate is people who say he "ruined" TPM. Not by any means is that the case. People don't like TPM mainly because it wasn't what they were expecting. Yay for originality.

Schecter
jar jar didnt ruin the PT. he was just the mascot for everything that sucked about it. the personification of lucas' failure.

General G
And was made into action figures. wink

Sith Master X
Yeah, I can see your point about that. Makes sense actually.

But here's what gets me though. Lucas was a hero to everyone for making the OT. (I don't care that the last 2 had different directors. They're still Lucas' movies.) But then GL makes a few movies that don't live up to some people's expectations, and all the sudden he's the biggest failure, piece of garbage there is. Now, why is that?

I honestly don't see how in god's name that ROTJ can be looked upon as a better film than ROTS. Right there to me, one of the Prequels beat one of the OT movies, by a longshot. ROTJ isn't that great compared to the first 2, but still a good movie in general.

I won't stand here and say by any means that the Prequels were better film's than the originals, becaues they aren't. What I will say is that I just flat out find the newer ones more fun and enjoyable to watch. I can't see what Lucas did that was so horrendous to have people driving a knife in his chest.

To like the Prequels, you have to understand Lucas. He's a visual story teller, and yes, by far the visuals do all the story telling in the prequels. Maybe that upset a few people, but that's his style, and I wouldn't trade it for any other director.

Schecter
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Yeah, I can see your point about that. Makes sense actually.

But here's what gets me though. Lucas was a hero to everyone for making the OT. (I don't care that the last 2 had different directors. They're still Lucas' movies.) But then GL makes a few movies that don't live up to some people's expectations, and all the sudden he's the biggest failure, piece of garbage there is. Now, why is that?

piece of garbage? thats an appraisal i reserve for people who deserve it. no, i only refer to him as a fat lazy arrogant delluded greedy has-been, who hasnt a creative spark left in him (in regards to star wars anyhow). there is nothing original about the PT.
NOTHING.

i point that out and im labeled as a hater, however with SS's well intentioned "visual storytelling at its finest" thread we can clearly see that he's milking his brainchild from 20 years ago with nothing to add but cgi filler. everything that made me go "wow" was already predetermined by the OT. (except for darth maul, but there is nothing more to him than the 'cool factor' of a double blade weilding kungfu master.) the aliens are old and borrowed from 1983 with nothing new and interesting. his universe, rather than expanding as was the progression of the OT, contracted and constricted, suffocating itself right down to the core characters.

(general comment) i could turn around and label all you adament supporters as mindless fanboys, just to let you know how petty it is to throw labels around and try to win the debate ad hominem, but..2 wrongs...

Tangible God
Jar Jar DID ruin TPM. Not to say it's unwatchable, just well below expectations. And from my own perspective, I blame that on Jar Jar first, Jake Lloyd second, and Natalie Portman third.

The movies went from space opera classic in ANH, to dramatic visually stunning (as of 1980) good vs. evil epic of ESB, to ROTJ: which was starting to become unoriginal, rather silly, and childish. Mainly due to the Ewoks and the repeating Death Star.

Lucas latched onto the silly and childish part and dragged it into the PT: perma-fried, mentally degenerated, Rastafarian-sounding Jar Jar, precocious wee Anakin and naive young Padme with their scripted lines, and (in the long run of the movies), an overall useless plot line for SW that served as little more than an introduction to characters and a biological explanation for the Force.

The PT is a box-office, and overall financial success, but fails to deliver its stories in new and original ways, sans the computers. Key actors are either wooden or scripted, which can often fail to create a sense of pity or empathy for them. A number of scenes contain unnecessary and/or useless footage (the random droid shots in the ROTS fight). Where the OT filmed in locations which looked real or alive, the PT forgets that and turns to computers to take away that soul and replace it with jaw-dropping, artificial pixels.

Little stuff for the casual viewer, but to the fans who return again and again, the little things we nitpick at (and can usually be forgiven like LOTR), start to build up. Jar Jar was cute at first, but 8 years and 35 "That smells stinkawhiffs" later, it's getting pretty f*cking irritating.

But it's all Lucas' doing, Lucas-approved, Lucas-directed, LucasArts on every Jar Jar Binks action figure.

masterkit
Originally posted by coolmovies
who likes Jaja binks?

Obviously not you if you can't do justice to his name.

queeq
laughing out loud

Count Makashi
Jar Jar is the worst character in SW, i will never forgive GL for that one and for Ewoks.

queeq
How terrible that must be for you. Now you can only watch two out of six movies.

yettoh
laughing jar jar didn't like destroy tpm but still i compare jar jar = adoring fan

ADarksideJedi
No it would had better not to have him there at all.He was nothing but pointless and stupid.jm

queeq
A lot was pointless. Like spending an entire movie for on the plot points of AOTC.

Sith Master X

(general comment) i could turn around and label all you adament supporters as mindless fanboys, just to let you know how petty it is to throw labels around and try to win the debate ad hominem, but..2 wrongs...

Wow, aren't you Mr. Right? Don't even try to say you can "label" me as mindless fanyboy. I don't piss and moan like you or anyone else. Instead, I just try to have a little fun and enjoy things. You act like the prequels were made to be bad movies on purpose. That's a load of sh*t dude.

I've heard mulptiple people call Lucas garbage. That isn't a label, it's a fact that that term has been used, and I never said you were the one who used it. Secondly, I wasn't debating, or trying to win a debate against you. God forbid someone speaks their mind to the almighty PVS. I was asking a simple freaken question as to why you all talk so lowly of Lucas. He's accomplished more in his life than anyone of us has. To call him a failure would be a tad bit laughable.

yettoh
ya thats why he = adoring fan every get rid of him so

Schecter
Wow, aren't you Mr. Right? Don't even try to say you can "label" me as mindless fanyboy. I don't piss and moan like you or anyone else. Instead, I just try to have a little fun and enjoy things. You act like the prequels were made to be bad movies on purpose. That's a load of sh*t dude.

I've heard mulptiple people call Lucas garbage. That isn't a label, it's a fact that that term has been used, and I never said you were the one who used it. Secondly, I wasn't debating, or trying to win a debate against you. God forbid someone speaks their mind to the almighty PVS. I was asking a simple freaken question as to why you all talk so lowly of Lucas. He's accomplished more in his life than anyone of us has. To call him a failure would be a tad bit laughable.

i said "general comment" (applying to EVERYONE), and the "mindless fanboy" comment was meant to illustrate the ridiculousness of labeling opponents with petty generalised accusations because they disagree with you. it's called 'irony' and i appologise if the point messed your hair up as it flew over your head.

i cant believe i have to frikin explain this. now read again what i said in its proper context, feel silly, and drop it.

:edit: and its very immature to put words in my mouth. i dont care what e-bandwagon you're fighting for, but if this is personal we can resolve it privately.

Sith Master X
This is not personal at all. It's frustration. I'd like to think we could all talk some positive things about SW rather than bash all the negatives.

There were upsides, and downsides to the prequels, and I could say the same for the OT. I'm just as much as PT lover as anyone else is an OT lover, and I never found anything in the law that states that's a bad thing other than a matter of opinion.

Schecter
This is not personal at all. It's frustration. I'd like to think we could all talk some positive things about SW rather than bash all the negatives.

There were upsides, and downsides to the prequels, and I could say the same for the OT. I'm just as much as PT lover as anyone else is an OT lover, and I never found anything in the law that states that's a bad thing other than a matter of opinion.

i dont recall stating that your opinion was invalid, which you insist on continuing to repreat. talk about frustrating

Sith Master X
I didn't, and I'm not saying you did. I meant that everyone here has a chip on their shoulder whenever someone comes along praising the PT.
We're always just fanboys because we like the prequels or respect what Lucas has done.

Schecter
I meant that everyone here has a chip on their shoulder whenever someone comes along praising the PT.
1-you're still doing it. i dont have a chip on my shoulders against people who have a different opinion about a trilogy of fictional films. i have a chip on my shoulder for people who try to discredit my opinion via accusations of...well..simply having a chip on my shoulder. i assure you my opinion is just as valid as yours.

2-i feel strongly that GL has failed to complete his story. i clearly stated that while i feel the OT was a work of genius and love for one's own craft as well as a beautiful imagination, i feel that PT fails completely in continuing this tradition. never did i say that he failed at life. never did i say that people who loved the trilogy are idiots or dont have a valid opinion, never did i say that i knew everything and was 'mighty' etc. so forgive me if i am offended by the constant ad hominem assault.

3-yes it is a debate. a debate is an exchange of opposing thoughts/opinions, which we are clearly having. all i ask is that you address my points rather than trying to dress me down as some bitter hater who has no right to my opinion. that is all.

4-never did i suggest that i was trying to 'win' a debate on a purely subjective topic.

5- for the second time, the "mindless fanboys" comment was meant to illustrate the hypocrisy of labeling opponents rather than addressing their opinions for what they are. it was clearly implied that it was facetious and intended irony.

stop the labeling and we'll get along just fine regardless of our opinions. i assure you of this.

Sith Master X
Ok, now kindly, I'm going to point out a few things.

For one, I never labeled you as a hater, not once. Read what I wrote again and you might find that that word never appears. But calling Lucas "fat, lazy and greedy" doesn't help to imply that you exactly like the guy either. You insist that I'm the one who is labeling, yet you label me as "immature." I can assure you that I'm not. I used to be a regular poster on here until all the good people left. Then I had no more interest, but anyone from the good old days can tell you that normally I was pretty honest and respectful.

The "mindless fanboys" comment, yes, I took that too personally. For that, and I'm making this loud and clear "I apologize." I'm sorry, it was a mistake. I don't what else to say. I have no interest in having a war. I interpreted things wrongly. I didn't come back to this place to try and make enemies, and from what I can remember, I liked you when I was around here a while ago. All the Lucas fails stuff wears on me and makes me take things out of context. I'm sorry, it's just an aggrevation to me, and it makes me say thigns that I don't mean.

Schecter
not that i want to continue this...it just needs clarifying: i didnt label you as anything. i said that what you were doing at the moment was immature. in fact i havent labeled anyone as anything in this thread. (besides , of course, george lucas).

anyway im glad we can let it go.

masterkit
I can understand why people hate him. I mean, it was his partly his fault that Palpatine got power.

General G
How so?

Sith Master X
Because Jar Jar was the one that granted Palpy emergancy powers while he was filling in for Padme.

queeq
He is the true Sith Lord.

General G
Darth Jar Jar, I dunno, it doesn't strike fear.

Sith Master X
Mesa gonna strike you down.

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
That worked.

General G
That was laughter not fear.

Schecter
maybe it was nervous/awkward laughter

General G
But then I tell you that it wasn't.

queeq
I just can't tell with the electronic distortion. Maybe you shouldn't laugh.

General G
I will remember that, but that means you can't because I won't be able to tell.

queeq
Nor do I care. wink

General G
So it is agreed then.

queeq
No.

General G
You confuse people.

Schecter
does he?

General G
You tell me.

Schecter
well i asked you first

unknowable
I heard Jaba has a son. Is that true?

Schecter
hey i know you

~JP~
I swear to god, every last one of you is on crack. no expression

masterkit
Originally posted by ~JP~

laughing

ESB -1138
piece of garbage? thats an appraisal i reserve for people who deserve it. no, i only refer to him as a fat lazy arrogant delluded greedy has-been, who hasnt a creative spark left in him (in regards to star wars anyhow). there is nothing original about the PT.
NOTHING.

i point that out and im labeled as a hater, however with SS's well intentioned "visual storytelling at its finest" thread we can clearly see that he's milking his brainchild from 20 years ago with nothing to add but cgi filler. everything that made me go "wow" was already predetermined by the OT. (except for darth maul, but there is nothing more to him than the 'cool factor' of a double blade weilding kungfu master.) the aliens are old and borrowed from 1983 with nothing new and interesting. his universe, rather than expanding as was the progression of the OT, contracted and constricted, suffocating itself right down to the core characters.

At least the Trade Federation or the CIS's best soldiers weren't defeated by Ewoks wielding sticks and pebbles. Good lord people rank on Jar Jar all the time but you hear NOTHING about Ewoks. The Emperor's BEST SOLDIERS got WTFpwned by a bunch of stick wielding fuzz balls. The Storm Troopers had AT-STs and blasters and speeders! The Ewoks had pebbles!!!!

At least the Gungans lost. Only ONE freaking Ewok was killed. Only ONE!! So not only did the Emperor's BEST SOLDIERS get WTFpwned by the Ewoks but they only managed to kill ONE. People are complaining about Jar Jar but Episode VI had the dumbest battle ever. ROTJ became a joke at that moment. Luke vs Vader and the Rebels vs the Imperial Death Star and Star Destroyers lost all impact just because the Rebels won because the Emperor's BEST SOLDIERS got WTFpwned by the Ewoks which only ONE was killed.

Stop acting like the OT are these godly films with original ideas because nothing about Star Wars was original. Lucas just took the story from myths, the Bible, and old sci-fi movies and shows.

Sith Master X
I'm glad to see someone else share the same opinion with me about ROTJ. Now I won't say that it was a bad movie. I love all 6 Star Wars movies. Like I say, the PT can't be all the that bad. Even for the ones who dislike it, I'd have thought they would at least like ROTS better than ROTJ.

queeq

And you are the supplier. wink

General G

happy

Count Makashi
Pas it around, don't be greedy General G.

General G
You are too young.

Count Makashi
I am older then you probably.

queeq
13?

General G
12,8?

Count Makashi
Originally posted by General G
12,8?

So, thats how old you are, good that you admit it, you mamas boy.

queeq
Ladies and gentlemen, we've got him.

General G
No! mad

queeq
YES!

Count Makashi
Originally posted by General G
No! mad

I guess we hit a nerve, so it must be true.

General G
Don't make me throw empty threats!

queeq
How can a corpse threaten?

Alliance
Jar jar the character is fine...I just wish he wasn't as extreme in his dialogue, etc.

I'd much rather have Anakin show some maturity.

JaehSkywalker
JarJar....

I loathe him.

But he's funny(sometimes. no expression ).

It's complicated.

queeq
Funny????

General G

queeq
Speechless.

General G
Took the words right out of my mouth.

queeq
I bet I did.

Sith Master X
Oh well, at Least Jar Jar didn't appear much in the last 2. GL took the hint.

JaehSkywalker
well. I dunno. I've got a weird sense of humor.

General G
So we've noticed...

Count Makashi
Jar Jar should have died of a violent death in the movies, that would be satisfying. Extremely.

JaehSkywalker
That i agree with.

queeq
I don't. That'd been more screen time for him.

Jaeh_JediPirate
At least he died.

Schecter
Originally posted by queeq

you dont mean that.

Count Makashi

Seeing him die, of a very painful ad agonizing death, would be worth it.

General G
The children wouldn't like it. George Lucas would get criticized.

queeq
Originally posted by Count Makashi

Uhm no.

Violent2Dope
No insult can explain how much I hate Jar Jar. Saying he ruined the movie is ridiculous, but I hate him nontheless. "Mesa Jar Jar Binks!". How about "Mesa blow cock!" or "Mesa a analgroping Queer!" But the Ewoks are worse. Highly trained Stormtroopers, the best Stormtroopers actually, wiped out by hairy midgits with spears and rocks with only one Ewok casualtie? BULLSHIT!

Jaeh_JediPirate

For me it would be.

queeq
How would you imagine it to be then?

Jaeh_JediPirate
Him being crushed by something, just like what it seemed like it was meant to be in TPM.

queeq
Crushed? A big rock?

Violent2Dope
I want to rip his eye stalks off so he'll be screaming and running around bumping into things in an agonizing blind painful death

Sith Master X
I don't think too many people would have cared if Jar Jar died. I mean, as much as I love ROTS, even Padme's death wasn't that emotional.

General G
It really wasn't, I wa surprised.

Jaeh_JediPirate
I don't even remember what my reaction was. If i remember it correctly, i felt sad for a few moments, and that was it.

Yes queeq, crushed. crushed like a tiny ant.

queeq
George is not great at emotion.

Jaeh_JediPirate
As we've noticed.

queeq
Indeed.

Count Makashi
The order 66 scene was very emotinal for me, i even produced couple of tears, didn't cry, but there were tears there.

queeq
Odd.

General G
I was pretty happy there, although I could tell its emotion.

Count Makashi
Odd.

Why is it odd?

General G
Because you cried.

Count Makashi
I said, that i didn't cry, just a couple of tears, i am still manly, right?

General G
Well...

Count Makashi
well what?

General G
I probably shouldn't be the one to say it.

Count Makashi
Say what, if you know something, then say it, i have a right to know.

General G
Du bist kein Mann.

Count Makashi
I am a man, uhmmmm, i knew that before.

General G
You don't know German do you?

Count Makashi
I can count to 100.

General G
I can go higher.

And I appologize, I forgot the gender, it should have been:

Du bist keinen Mann.

Count Makashi
The waffles are very good, yes i know that.

Schecter
closing...

General G
The waffles are very good, yes i know that.

Where did you get waffles out of that?

Count Makashi
From my perfect understanding of German.

Alliance
dickkopf

Jaeh_JediPirate
... nearly closed.

queeq
Closed now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.