What do you like about Master Qui-Gon Jinn?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Heinous
What do you like about Master Qui-Gon Jinn?

Darth Daft
I like the way he's not scared to give his own opinions to the Jedi Council and disagree with what they think is right. I think that although a Jedi should be respectful towards his/her fellow knights, he/she should still be allowed to show his/her own views rather than just go with everyone else. Qui-Gon does exactly this.

Darth Heinous
I could write a whole book about what I liked about Master Jinn! I like the way he stood up to the Jedi council masters especially Mace Windu and (Grandmaster) Yoda. He said some cool lines also:
"You almost got us killed. Are you brainless?"
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here."
"There's always a bigger fish out there."
Master Jinn is excelllent in the Jedi apprentice novels. I was crying (as were two of my friends) when he died at the end of The Phantom Menace. Hope he comes back as a ghost. Cheers!

Ratcat
I like those too DD. I hade the 1st one as my sig tag line for a while.

Darth Daft
You mean DH don't you?

Anyway, I like his dedication to his mission at hand. The way he continues to protect the Queen and put his life at risk to get others out of tough situations. Despite being rather rebellious he was still dedicated to his mission and actually cared about what happens rather than just moan, "God, when can I go home and sit down for a nice cup of coffee?"

Xizor
I liked how his personality was so diffrent from his apprentices.

Darth Daft
I liked his obvious liking of Shmi. You can tell he has a thing for her.

Xizor
I liked it when Darth Maul ran his blade right through Qui-Gon's midrift!!

Darth Daft
Yeah I could imagine a spoof of that bit and Qui-Gon's eyes go cross-eyed when the camera cuts close to them. lol

I liked how he treats Jar Jar as they first meet, but then earns a little more respect during the course of the film.

Darth Heinous
I loved when Master Jinn elbowed, then punched Darth Maul off the platform. Also loved when Ben used Master Jinn's lightsaber to sever Darth Maul in half and that Master Jinn hung on long enough to know Darth Maul got killed. Cheers!

Xizor
I enjoyed his soft spoken one liners.

Darth Heinous
I like the way Master Jinn kept his cool and didn't backhand Jar Jar Binks (though Binks would've deserved it) when his stuck his tongue out at him at Watto's shop and when Jar Jar mouthed off to him or caused more trouble. Master Jinn put up with Jar Jar's antics the way a true Jedi Master would and he did care for Jar Jar.

"Don't touch anything."
"Not likely. We don't have anything to trade. That's our problem."
"The boy is right. You're heading into troulble."
"You almost got us killed. Are you brainless?"

My favorite line:
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out here."

Darth Daft
I like that silly bit in the Naboo Hangar.

"I'm taking these people to Coruscant."
"Where are you taking them?"
"...To Coruscant (duh)."

Xizor
Are you responding to my post with your favorite one-loiners? I like any sequence that involves the obviously powerful QG having to be pleasant to Watto. Then when he hussles the toydarian it was sweet.

Darth Daft
Xizor, I wasn't reffering to your post. I just happened to be thinking of scenes with him in it and that scene sprang to mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.