Pokemon are a Threat to your Soul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goddess Kali
Apparently, Spongebob, Tinky Winky, and Harry Potter are not the only threats to your Eternity. These are not the only demons which can send you on a path to Hell....

There is a NEW THREAT NOW which has been seducing and taking a grip on our CHILDREN ALL OVER THIS WORLD !!!!!

POKEMON fear

Jesusisalive (Jesus's ambassador to KMC, and the self proclaimed agent of the Holy Spirit) has made it clear that Pokemon are a threat to your soul and salvation, and that having anything to do with Pokemon (playing the games, watching the shows, buying the products) will end up in your Eternal Torment.

And I TRUST JIA with my Eternal Salvation, because he has ALWAYS BEEN A RELIABLE SOURCE OF TRUTH, LOGIC, and REASON !

Behold the Evidense:

So please everybody...burn all Pokemon books, cards, and media. Ban Pokemon from the television stations, and keep these threats away from your children !

You think the Al Qaida is a threat ? You guys think AIDS is an issue ? You guys fear poverty and sickness ? You guys fear terrorism and war !

WAKE UP !

OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE REAL DANGERS !!!!!

Pokemon, Spongebob, Tinky Winky, and Harry Potter !

THESE ARE THE REAL EVILS OF THE WORLD ! SATAN HAS YOU ALL UNDER HIS CONTROL ! evil face

Boris
I loved Pokemon when I was younger, those games were great!

I had the blue one!

Shakyamunison
Don't forget Dungeons and Dragons.

Crimson Phoenix
Oh crap, i saw pokemon that time on TV, my soul doomed!

Ah well sh*t happens.

chillmeistergen
Oh..that's why my head rotated 360 degrees when I caught Charizard.

Fishy
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Oh..that's why my head rotated 360 degrees when I caught Charizard.

Did you start puking? If not, you're probably safe.

Goddess Kali
Pokemon mark our doom

FeceMan
You just learned this now? Get your head out of the sand.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by FeceMan
You just learned this now? Get your head out of the sand.

Dude, I had no fkn idea.....I burned by Pokemon Red Version in flames, and then prayed 10 Our Fathers for my vile sin

debbiejo
Well I threw all my teletubbies away, what more do they want of me? blink

FeceMan
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Dude, I had no fkn idea.....I burned by Pokemon Red Version in flames, and then prayed 10 Our Fathers for my vile sin
Ah, Catholocism.

Goddess Kali
Originally posted by FeceMan
Ah, Catholocism.

Evangelicals are the ones who fear Tinky Winky bro erm

Nellinator
You prayed "10 Our Fathers" which would a Catholic thing to do...

debbiejo
I thought it was 10 hail Marys

Nellinator
Originally posted by debbiejo
I thought it was 10 hail Marys Meh.

Goddess Kali
well i grew up Catholic u know

ADarksideJedi
How can a stupid show be a threat to anyone?That is just crap.jm

debbiejo
Take PVS off your little friend list... blink mad

lol

Goddess Kali
I agree with you Jackie...Jesusisalive is the one who claimed that Pokemon are a threat to our salvation

JesusIsAlive
I agree with you Jackie...Jesusisalive is the one who claimed that Pokemon are a threat to our salvation

You are putting words in my mouth. Show me where I said that "Pokemon is a threat to one's salvation." Here is what I wrote:

http://diskbooks.org/part2.html#hs2a3 (Why you should avoid Harry Potter books, Pokemon things, and other types of occulted materials)

I believe that we should avoid all occult materials including certain television shows.

The Bible states, "neither give place to the devil."

This means that we should avoid doing things that open the door to satan and demons. For example, the 13-year-old boy that became demon possessed (the movie The Exorcist was based on his case) played with ouja boards. He communicated with demons via the ouja board until one day he became possessed with demons. He didn't know that he was possessed until things started to happen to him that were beyond his ability to control. A person may not become possessed the first time that they engage in occult activity such as playing with ouja boards, conducting seances, talking to mediums, worshipping idols, talking to psychics (real psychics), practicing witchcraft, worshipping satan, having your palm read, submitting to a tarot card reading, and the like--but if you continue to give place to the devil you could become demon possessed.

FeceMan

Goddess Kali

FeceMan
"Blastoise, I choose you!"

"Sacrifice the young ones to the Dark Lord, drink of their blood and make merry to the sounds of their weeping!"

"Wh-what?"

"BLASTOISE! BLAS-BLASTOISE!"

JesusIsAlive
Feceman, i know

i am not addressing you...ur a rational person, and ur Faith is not zealot like JIA's...JIA attacks everything he does not understand.

JIA, u compared Pokemon to demons....u r truly a special person wink

Show me where I compared Pokemon to demons.

Boris
Dey r DEMONz!1!!!1!

Prayz 2 ur lord lololz!!

Jebuz! Save meh!

FeceMan

Darth Jello
pokemon's evil comes from being incredibly stupid, incredibly cheap in smash bros., and encouraging mass consumerism in impressionable kids, not some bullshit "occult" status bestowed on them by some organization that garners most of its information from places like the back in control center which lists judaism and american patriotism as being "occult" and claims that graffitti is sprayed in underpasses so it can be closer to satan (not that most taggers can't afford a ****ing ladder). all this is the same ronald reagan promoted timeless bullshit that thinking is evil and conformity and complacency to authorities of faith and government is more important than the pursuit of truth.
bottom line, JIA, your a dominionist. If you don't like it here and don't appreciate a person's ability to think, move to eritrea or sierra leone

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Darth Jello
pokemon's evil comes from being incredibly stupid, incredibly cheap in smash bros., and encouraging mass consumerism in impressionable kids, not some bullshit "occult" status bestowed on them by some organization that garners most of its information from places like the back in control center which lists judaism and american patriotism as being "occult" and claims that graffitti is sprayed in underpasses so it can be closer to satan (not that most taggers can't afford a ****ing ladder). all this is the same ronald reagan promoted timeless bullshit that thinking is evil and conformity and complacency to authorities of faith and government is more important than the pursuit of truth.
bottom line, JIA, your a dominionist. If you don't like it here and don't appreciate a person's ability to think, move to eritrea or sierra leone

I just noticed something significant about this discussion: I mentioned Harry Potter and Pokemon but yet Darth Jello you zeroed in on just Pokemon. Are you tacitly agreeing that Harry Potter books and movies are witchcraft repackaged in a more innocuous looking format? Did you focus on Pokemon but totally ignore Harry Potter items deliberately? Hmm...things that make me go hmmm.

big grin

Darth Jello
no, i focussed on pokemon because i don't know enough about harry potter to ridicule you but you seem to do a great job of ridiculing yourself both by speaking and by displaying a chick tract as a your banner. The whole true biblical definition of witchcraft is tantamount to the modern charge of medical malpractice and i've never heard of anyone reading a harry potter book and then attempting to heal someone under false pretenses.

chillmeistergen
Whoever thinks that Pokemon and Harry Potter are demonic is an idiot, whoever told them is an idiot and anyone who agrees with them is an idiot. That means JIA, you're an idiot.

Do you really enjoy living a life worried about what's OK, and what's not Ok to do?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Darth Jello
no, i focussed on pokemon because i don't know enough about harry potter to ridicule you but you seem to do a great job of ridiculing yourself both by speaking and by displaying a chick tract as a your banner. The whole true biblical definition of witchcraft is tantamount to the modern charge of medical malpractice and i've never heard of anyone reading a harry potter book and then attempting to heal someone under false pretenses.

I display my chick tract with pride.

Harry Potter--heal--Harry Potter--heal??? Sorry, I do not see the correlation.

Mišt
Pokemon evolve, and we all know evolution is false and against god, those little bastards, how dare they defy the bible...

Grand_Moff_Gav
The banned Pokemon blue in Saudi Arabia because it was "laced with Zionism" and "brainwashed Muslim children"

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
You are putting words in my mouth. Show me where I said that "Pokemon is a threat to one's salvation." Here is what I wrote:

http://diskbooks.org/part2.html#hs2a3 (Why you should avoid Harry Potter books, Pokemon things, and other types of occulted materials)

I believe that we should avoid all occult materials including certain television shows.

The Bible states, "neither give place to the devil."

This means that we should avoid doing things that open the door to satan and demons. For example, the 13-year-old boy that became demon possessed (the movie The Exorcist was based on his case) played with ouja boards. He communicated with demons via the ouja board until one day he became possessed with demons. He didn't know that he was possessed until things started to happen to him that were beyond his ability to control. A person may not become possessed the first time that they engage in occult activity such as playing with ouja boards, conducting seances, talking to mediums, worshipping idols, talking to psychics (real psychics), practicing witchcraft, worshipping satan, having your palm read, submitting to a tarot card reading, and the like--but if you continue to give place to the devil you could become demon possessed.

You honestly belive that a cartoonish card game about animals that live in balls is a threat to a person's soul??

Well then I guess just about every Japanese citizen under the age of 15 will experience eternal damnation in the Fiery Lake for dabbling into the dark arts. ( roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
The banned Pokemon blue in Saudi Arabia because it was "laced with Zionism" and "brainwashed Muslim children"

Thats funny. But its not surprising, considering the country.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Don't forget Dungeons and Dragons.

Not nearly as bad. You can just play a LawfulGood (or TrueNeutral) character.

JesusIsAlive
Whoever thinks that Pokemon and Harry Potter are demonic is an idiot, whoever told them is an idiot and anyone who agrees with them is an idiot. That means JIA, you're an idiot.

Do you really enjoy living a life worried about what's OK, and what's not Ok to do?

I mentioned Harry Potter and Pokemon but yet chillmeistergen you zeroed in on just Pokemon. Are you tacitly agreeing that Harry Potter books and movies are witchcraft repackaged in a more innocuous looking format? Did you focus on Pokemon but totally ignore Harry Potter items deliberately? Hmm...things that make me go hmmm.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
You honestly belive that a cartoonish card game about animals that live in balls is a threat to a person's soul??

Well then I guess just about every Japanese citizen under the age of 15 will experience eternal damnation in the Fiery Lake for dabbling into the dark arts. ( roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I mentioned Harry Potter and Pokemon but yet Quiero Mota you zeroed in on just Pokemon. Are you tacitly agreeing that Harry Potter books and movies are witchcraft repackaged in a more innocuous looking format? Did you focus on Pokemon but totally ignore Harry Potter items deliberately? Hmm...things that make me go hmmm.

JesusIsAlive

Shelbert Lemon
Just last night I was watching Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azcaban with my niece who is 3. It isnt rubbish. They are very well made fantasy movies. I personally think J.K. Rowling did a good job with this series and Im looking forward to book 7 due out in July. Already paid for, just have to pick it up.

My children love Harry Potter stories as well as Pokemon. They watched the cartoon, played the video games and collected the cards... God would damn them and other innocent children to hell for that... haha yeah right. We dont believe in the same God obviously.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Just last night I was watching Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azcaban with my niece who is 3. It isnt rubbish. They are very well made fantasy movies. I personally think J.K. Rowling did a good job with this series and Im looking forward to book 7 due out in July. Already paid for, just have to pick it up.

My children love Harry Potter stories as well as Pokemon. They watched the cartoon, played the video games and collected the cards... God would damn them and other innocent children to hell for that... haha yeah right. We dont believe in the same God obviously.

So. Show me where I said that God would damn children to Hell for watching it. I know we do not believe in the same God.

Shelbert Lemon
So. Show me where I said that God would damn children to Hell for watching it. I know we do not believe in the same God. I was making a general statement. stick out tongue

Seriously though, I dont believe such things are of occult nature. I find it laughable honestly and think some people over analyze things like cartoon and fantasy stories.

JesusIsAlive
I was making a general statement. stick out tongue

Seriously though, I dont believe such things are of occult nature. I find it laughable honestly and think some people over analyze things like cartoon and fantasy stories.

Then continue to expose your children to Harry Potter witchraft.

Shakyamunison
Then continue to expose your children to Harry Potter witchraft.

Far better then the bible.

Shelbert Lemon
Then continue to expose your children to Harry Potter witchraft. Thank you, I will. happy

Far better then the bible. Agreed.

Shakyamunison
Thank you, I will. happy

Agreed.

I was only joking. There are a lot of good things in the bible. Just don't take it literally.

JesusIsAlive
Thank you, I will. happy

Agreed.

Yep, I knew it: we do not serve the same God if you prefer to expose your children to witchcraft instead of the Bible.

chillmeistergen
I mentioned Harry Potter and Pokemon but yet chillmeistergen you zeroed in on just Pokemon. Are you tacitly agreeing that Harry Potter books and movies are witchcraft repackaged in a more innocuous looking format? Did you focus on Pokemon but totally ignore Harry Potter items deliberately? Hmm...things that make me go hmmm.

I included Harry Potter in my post, you idiotic tosser.

Shelbert Lemon
I was only joking. There are a lot of good things in the bible. Just don't take it literally. My girls have been growing up with the bible. But I dont believe the bible to be a book we should live our life by to the tee. I think its a fabricated history book.. it has great stories in it but I think they are a bit exaggerated based on some bits of truth.

Yep, I knew it: we do not serve the same God if you prefer to expose your children to witchcraft instead of the Bible. We were all made by the same creator.. we just see this being in different lights. Im not really a religious person so muh as I am a spiritual one.
Witchcraft like we see in such stories like Harry Potter... I dont believe that stuff is real... its called fantasy for a reason and my girls know and appreciate it for what it is... just a story made up by a creative author.

JesusIsAlive
I included Harry Potter in my post, you idiotic tosser.

How can I feel the brunt of what you just said when I don't even know what a "tosser" is?

laughing out loud

chillmeistergen
How can I feel the brunt of what you just said when I don't even know what a "tosser" is?

laughing out loud

You wouldn't, obviously you're one of those people that know nothing outside of their own country.

JesusIsAlive
You wouldn't, obviously you're one of those people that know nothing outside of their own country.

I know what a bloak is and a mate is and a chap is but I have never heard of "tosser."

big grin

Shelbert Lemon

laughing out loud Have you heard the term "wanker" before? Same thing. Google it. wink

JesusIsAlive
Have you heard the term "wanker" before? Same thing. Google it. wink

Thanks for the education Shelbert Lemon. But I still cannot get offended by the word tosser it just has no power behind it whatsoever.

Let me try it: "Hey, get out of here you tosser!"

Nope, it didn't work, it still sounds corny.

big grin

JesusIsAlive
My girls have been growing up with the bible. But I dont believe the bible to be a book we should live our life by to the tee. I think its a fabricated history book.. it has great stories in it but I think they are a bit exaggerated based on some bits of truth.

We were all made by the same creator.. we just see this being in different lights. Im not really a religious person so muh as I am a spiritual one.
Witchcraft like we see in such stories like Harry Potter... I dont believe that stuff is real... its called fantasy for a reason and my girls know and appreciate it for what it is... just a story made up by a creative author.

But witchcraft is not fantasy (even if it is placed in a science fiction context) it is real according to the Bible. Ask any real witch, sorcerer, wiccan, or satanist and they can attest that witchcraft is real.

Shakyamunison
Have you heard the term "wanker" before? Same thing. Google it. wink

laughing I think I love you. laughing rolling on floor laughing

Shelbert Lemon
Sweet. happy

chillmeistergen
You are the stereotype of the hated American in this country JIA. Really makes me proud..

Shelbert Lemon
But witchcraft is not fantasy (even if it is placed in a science fiction context) it is real according to the Bible. Ask any real witch, sorcerer, wiccan, or satanist and they can attest that witchcraft is real. A long time family friend of mine is Wiccan. He has been wiccan for mor ethen 20 years now of which Ive known him from 16 years.
What you see in Harry Potter is not witchcraft. There is a difference between someone who is a magician.. and someone who is a witch. My friend who is a witch is not a magician... he believes more in mother nature, karma, organic medices and healing remedies, ect.

My ex sister-in-law is also wiccan but not so deep into her faith as he is.

laughing I think I love you. laughing rolling on floor laughing Im keeping this one in my profile. wink

JesusIsAlive
You are the stereotype of the hated American in this country JIA. Really makes me proud..

I apologize chillmeistergen for ruffling your feathers, hey, let's get back to having a good time here.

big grin

Storm
But witchcraft is not fantasy (even if it is placed in a science fiction context) it is real according to the Bible. Ask any real witch, sorcerer, wiccan, or satanist and they can attest that witchcraft is real.
Wicca is a religion whereas Witchcraft is a practice. Not all Witches are Wiccan, nor are all Wiccans Witches.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Storm
Wicca is a religion whereas Witchcraft is a practice. Not all Witches are Wiccan, nor are all Wiccans Witches.

I love you Storm (in a godly, Christian, platonic way of course). Your posts are always so insightful. Seriously, I did not know that.

big grin

Shakyamunison
^ What is that sucking sound I hear? laughing

JesusIsAlive
^ What is that sucking sound I hear? laughing

Well, I didn't know that. I have always said that I learn something new everyday. I mean I know that you think that I know everything and all...heh...heh...heh, ahem, but I don't

big grin

Shakyamunison
Well, I didn't know that. I have always said that I learn something new everyday. I mean I know that you think that I know everything and all...heh...heh...heh, ahem, but I don't

big grin

roll eyes (sarcastic) Isn't there something about false witness being a bad thing in the bible?

JesusIsAlive
roll eyes (sarcastic) Isn't there something about false witness being a bad thing in the bible?

laughing out loud

Well, I don't know everything. It is rather flattering and all that you think that I do (aw...shucks).

big grin

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud

Well, I don't know everything (It is rather flattering and all that you think that I do (aw...shucks).

big grin

confused You somehow can connect me telling you that you are baring false witness against me with you knowing everything.

JesusIsAlive
confused You somehow can connect me telling you that you are baring false witness against me with you knowing everything.

You just stated that I know everything again. Please, stop with the constant barrage of complements, really I am not worthy of them.

big grin

Shakyamunison
You just stated that I know everything again. Please, stop with the constant barrage of complements, really I am not worthy of them.

big grin

Whatever.

AngryManatee
I wish I could manipulate sentences to fit my approval, but I can't. Pass the shrooms plz.

Boris
Hawaiian ones?

Yes, sir!

AngryManatee
What level is Jesus at? I'm guessing 3. Anyone know when he evolves?

Boris
Jebuz0r, level 7.

He gets four extra arms, one of which is a gun!

AngryManatee
lol Jebuz0r uses crucifixionz attack, does 0 damage, loses all hp for the entire game.

Boris
Hahaha, the poor fella, he just can't cut it.

He's no FSM, thats for sure!

FeceMan
Harry Potter books are just fiction books--books for fun. They're not representative of real magic, although there are a few aspects of real magic in there. But, last time I checked, real witchcraft didn't involve waving around a phallic symbol while saying something dorky in faux Latin.

Harry Potter books don't "indoctrinate" children into witchcraft any more than videogames "indoctrinate" children into killing people.

EDIT: It's "bearing," not "baring." Cripes. Nuurh, short-sleeve amendment, amirite?

Goddess Kali
I mentioned Harry Potter and Pokemon but yet Quiero Mota you zeroed in on just Pokemon. Are you tacitly agreeing that Harry Potter books and movies are witchcraft repackaged in a more innocuous looking format? Did you focus on Pokemon but totally ignore Harry Potter items deliberately? Hmm...things that make me go hmmm.

You are the person who brought up Pokemon as some kind of threat to our salvation...

I've already heard of zealots protesting against Tinky Winky, Harry Potter, Spongebob, etc.

I narrowed down on Pokemon, because this is just so damn funny

That you would warn people to beware of Pokemon, because you beleive they are creatures of Satan

laughing

Shakyamunison
You are the person who brought up Pokemon as some kind of threat to our salvation...

I've already heard of zealots protesting against Tinky Winky, Harry Potter, Spongebob, etc.

I narrowed down on Pokemon, because this is just so damn funny

That you would warn people to beware of Pokemon, because you beleive they are creatures of Satan

laughing

He sees demons every day. eek!

Goddess Kali

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Shakyamunison
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Maybe he should stop watching Pokemon. laughing out loud

debbiejo
Not all the demons... angel

Shakyamunison
Not all the demons... angel

Well, he could have been talking about you, but I don't think so. wink

debbiejo
Did someone say Sponge Bob? I love Sponge Bob...He's not evil, he's just square. Now Mr. Crabs, he's kinda evil.......And his daughters a bit of a ****.

JesusIsAlive

Which is worse Shakyamunison seeing something does exist (i.e. demons) or something that does not exist (your green dragons)?

big grin

debbiejo
Okay, next time you see a demon say "I love you and you are of god"...and think happy thoughts....This will do you great good! big grin

chillmeistergen
Which is worse Shakyamunison seeing something does exist (i.e. demons) or something that does not exist (your green dragons)?

big grin

What's worse is the elitist system that your religion provides, it's pathetic and it's discriminatory, against perhaps some of the best people. Christian do gooders do good to get into heaven, non christian do gooders do good out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't care whether there's a heaven or not, if that is truly the system, I want no part of it.

debbiejo
*applauds*

JesusIsAlive
What's worse is the elitist system that your religion provides, it's pathetic and it's discriminatory, against perhaps some of the best people. Christian do gooders do good to get into heaven, non christian do gooders do good out of the kindness of their hearts. I don't care whether there's a heaven or not, if that is truly the system, I want no part of it.

Why do you keep harping on this alleged elitist system? I have been going over this with you for months. There is no such animal as an elitist system (I have already exploded this misconception of yours on more than one occasion). Besides, Christians don't get into Heaven by virtue of their works (you should already know this by now as many times as I have told you this), we get into Heaven because of our faith in Jesus Christ and what He has done for us.

Do you follow me chillmeistergen?

big grin

chillmeistergen
Yes JIA I follow you. That's why I give my two fingers to Christianity, if it indeed works in that way. If I can only get into heaven by doing what I'm told to, I don't want to. It's a hierarchy and it's elitist; as it excludes a group of good people, just because they don't worship Jesus.

Quiero Mota

The reason I zeroed in on Pokemon, is because thats whats in the thread's title. If Harry Potter was in the title, I would ask if you honestly believed that a book about a 12-year-old boy who lives in a magical mansion is connected to Satan, or if Spongebob was in the title, I would ask you if you honestly beleive that a children's show about a talking sponge in a pair of overalls is connected to Satan. Or any other fictional franchise for that matter.

And you never answered my question in that post. (in fact, you can go head and add what I said about Harry Potter and Spongebob to that question)

Yes JIA I follow you. That's why I give my two fingers to Christianity, if it indeed works in that way. If I can only get into heaven by doing what I'm told to, I don't want to. It's a hierarchy and it's elitist; as it excludes a group of good people, just because they don't worship Jesus.

Heaven can be compared to an exclusive high-end nightclub; you only get in if you know the right person.

JesusIsAlive

How could exercising faith in Jesus Christ for salvation from sins be a hierarchy? Everyone is capable of doing this so the whole "hierarchy" concept is exploded.

chillmeistergen
How could exercising faith in Jesus Christ for salvation from sins be a hierarchy? Everyone is capable of doing this so the whole "hierarchy" concept is exploded.

Don't be an idiot. According to the Christian faith God is the ruler of us all, therefore an authority. To get in to heaven something is required, you don't get in for being a decent person but for simply believing in something. This offers exclusivity to many who don't deserve it.

JesusIsAlive

Threat to a person's soul...? Look, here is what I am saying, there are things that we can do that give place to the devil in our lives. We should avoid certain activities because of what they could lead to.

Just do your own research on demon possession and some causes of it. Go to your local library and find out as much as you can then come back to this forum and report what you learned.

JesusIsAlive
Don't be an idiot. According to the Christian faith God is the ruler of us all, therefore an authority. To get in to heaven something is required, you don't get in for being a decent person but for simply believing in something. This offers exclusivity to many who don't deserve it.

Exclusivity?!? To many who don't deserve it?!? Chillmeistergen, no one deserves God's grace and mercy, and no one deserves to get into Heaven apart from faith in Jesus Christ. But I do not understand how you could call this procedure exclusive. Exclusivity means that only certain people are allowed to benefit from something or be a part of something (implying that no one else has the opportunity). But in regards to salvation all people are welcome and capable of getting into Heaven through Jesus Christ, the Door. So where is the exclusivity? If you choose to believe in Jesus and put your faith in Him you get in, if you choose to reject Jesus and not put your faith in Him you do not get in. I do not see any exclusivity there, I see only see free will i.e. choice. The ball is in your court not God's as though He is the one determining who gets in or not.

Quiero Mota
there are things that we can do that give place to the devil in our lives. We should avoid certain activities because of what they could lead to.

Like playing a collector card game about dinosaurs that live in plastic balls?

chillmeistergen
EDIT:JIA,
Only through Jesus, that's my problem with it. Someone who has done nothing but good in their lives, but does not worship Jesus, would according to Christianity; be doomed to hell. That's my problem with it, and that's where I think it's exclusive.

JesusIsAlive
Like playing a collector card game about dinosaurs that live in plastic balls?

Well, like playing with ouija boards, getting your readings via tarot cards, holding a seance, praying to angels, worshipping idols, palm reading, consorting psychics and mediums, yoga and the chants that they make, handling certain items associated with the occult like certain amulets, necklaces, beads and other paraphanelia.

I watched the testimony of a family who had a picture of a Native American praying to a spirit. The family had this picture in their home. The family had many strange occurrences taking place in their home. They were able to see literal, actual demonic, spirit creatures in their home. The had other things going on that they could not explain. Finally, they called in a paranormal investigator or Christian (I am not sure which one that is was) who was drawn to the picture that they had of the Native American praying to a spirit. The investigator told them that that image was the reason for the paranormal events that were going on in their home. So the family got rid of the picture.

In another account I watched two young boys describe the things that they were experiencing in their home. The young boys' parents held seances in their home regularly. On one occasion the boys were trying to go to sleep when suddenly one of the boys saw an evil face on the ceiling. The boy turned to his brother who was in the same bed and shook him to alert him to what he was seeing. The other boy saw the evil faces and both boys started shrieking. The boys were so scared that they did not know what to do so they started praying. Suddenly, they saw angels (the Lord apparently permitted them to see into the realm of the spirit) who vanquished the demons. The boys told their parents what they had witnessed.

I once heard about a woman who was handling some type of charm associated with the occult. She states that the moment that she touched it she felt something enter her (please no vulgar jokes here I am trying to convey a serious point). She says that she felt something enter into her body (like a spirit). That woman had to undergo the anguish of an excorcism.

The 13-year-old boy who for sake of privacy is referred to as Robbie Doe played with ouija boards. He did not know that he was talking to demons, he thought that he was contacting his deceased aunt. However, there is no such thing as contacting dead people, a person is really contacting evil spirits who impersonate deceased relatives. They are referred to as familiar spirits in the Bible. They know everything about you and your relatives that is why they are able to impersonate them so well.

Boris
Have you ever used a ouija board, JIA?

JesusIsAlive
EDIT:JIA,
Only through Jesus, that's my problem with it. Someone who has done nothing but good in their lives, but does not worship Jesus, would according to Christianity; be doomed to hell. That's my problem with it, and that's where I think it's exclusive.

Yes, Jesus is the Door and the Way to God the Father. You must go through Jesus to get to the Father. If don't want to go through Him then you will not get into Heaven. Your good works, actions, and deeds are like filthy rags to God. Only Jesus Christ was able to keep God's laws completely. Jesus is the Mediator between righteous, holy God the Father and sinful humanity. You fail to understand that although some people are good, all people are born sinners in need of the Savior. For this reason, our good works have no value until after we are washed from our sin in the Blood of Jesus. But our good works will receive a reward only not get us into Heaven. Faith in the Savior Who hung on the cross and died for our sins is how we get into Heaven no matter how good we are, our works do not and can not save us.

chillmeistergen
Yes, Jesus is the Door and the Way to God the Father. You must go through Jesus to get to the Father. If don't want to go through Him then you will not get into Heaven. Your good works, actions, and deeds are like filthy rags to God. Only Jesus Christ was able to keep God's laws completely. Jesus is the Mediator between righteous, holy God the Father and sinful humanity. You fail to understand that although some people are good, all people are born sinners in need of the Savior. For this reason, our good works have no value until after we are washed from our sin in the Blood of Jesus. But our good works will receive a reward only not get us into Heaven. Faith in the Savior Who hung on the cross and died for our sins is how we get into Heaven no matter how good we are, our works do not and can not save us.

To me it doesn't seem like a fair system, so I'm not interested in it.

debbiejo
Well, like playing with ouija boards, getting your readings via tarot cards, holding a seance, praying to angels, worshipping idols, palm reading, consorting psychics and mediums, yoga and the chants that they make, handling certain items associated with the occult like certain amulets, necklaces, beads and other paraphanelia.

I watched the testimony of a family who had a picture of a Native American praying to a spirit. The family had this picture in their home. The family had many strange occurrences taking place in their home. They were able to see literal, actual demonic, spirit creatures in their home. The had other things going on that they could not explain. Finally, they called in a paranormal investigator or Christian (I am not sure which one that is was) who was drawn to the picture that they had of the Native American praying to a spirit. The investigator told them that that image was the reason for the paranormal events that were going on in their home. So the family got rid of the picture.

In another account I watched two young boys describe the things that they were experiencing in their home. The young boys' parents held seances in their home regularly. On one occasion the boys were trying to go to sleep when suddenly one of the boys saw an evil face on the ceiling. The boy turned to his brother who was in the same bed and shook him to alert him to what he was seeing. The other boy saw the evil faces and both boys started shrieking. The boys were so scared that they did not know what to do so they started praying. Suddenly, they saw angels (the Lord apparently permitted them to see into the realm of the spirit) who vanquished the demons. The boys told their parents what they had witnessed.

I once heard about a woman who was handling some type of charm associated with the occult. She states that the moment that she touched it she felt something enter her (please no vulgar jokes here I am trying to convey a serious point). She says that she felt something enter into her body (like a spirit). That woman had to undergo the anguish of an excorcism.

The 13-year-old boy who for sake of privacy is referred to as Robbie Doe played with ouija boards. He did not know that he was talking to demons, he thought that he was contacting his deceased aunt. However, there is no such thing as contacting dead people, a person is really contacting evil spirits who impersonate deceased relatives. They are referred to as familiar spirits in the Bible. They know everything about you and your relatives that is why they are able to impersonate them so well. Have you seen these things yourself? Though I believe things in themselves are not evil, only people and their thoughts are evil and can even reproduce symptoms or even see visions since the mind is very powerful. If you think something is evil then it will manifest its self in that way. There are both negative and positive forces that are drawn to the same just like a magnet. We are the magnet and what we think and dwell upon draws it's self to us. If a person is fearful of some invisible type energy then it gives you what you want...ie more fear.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Boris
Have you ever used a ouija board, JIA?

Almost. My friends and I heard about some guys who were experimenting with it and it piqued our curiousity. These guys described that wierd things began to happen to them after they experimented with the ouija boards. So my friends and I went to Toys R' Us to get one. I remember us getting it and opening it up right there in the store as if we were going to use it. We did not buy it though. But something (either that or pure apprehension) told me not to do this. So none of us did. This was before I was a born again, believer in Jesus Christ.

debbiejo
Well I do have to say that I've heard that some people have had bad experiences with those boards. I've tried it a few times with no bad effects though.

JesusIsAlive
Have you seen these things yourself? Though I believe things in themselves are not evil, only people and their thoughts are evil and can even reproduce symptoms or even see visions since the mind is very powerful. If you think something is evil then it will manifest its self in that way. There are both negative and positive forces that are drawn to the same just like a magnet. We are the magnet and what we think and dwell upon draws it's self to us. If a person is fearful of some invisible type energy then it gives you what you want...ie more fear.

I have experienced paranormal events.

What you are describing sounds like New Age teaching. There are such things as demons and they can and do possess people, but this has nothing to do with a person's thought life. Demons don't possess people because that person somehow imagined or dreamed it up. Demons gain entrance into a person's life through some legal right that the individual has given to them either consciously or unwittingly. Demons don't care if you know that you are giving them access into your life. All they know is that you now belong to them and they will do everything to wreck your life. They have no pity or compassion. They do not have the capacity for mercy either. The are absolute evil.

Boris
I'm gonna have to try this shit out!

I bet nothing will happen though, I really feel the same way about spirits and demons as I do about God and religion.

AngryManatee
Gotta catch'em all

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Boris
I'm gonna have to try this shit out!

I bet nothing will happen though, I really feel the same way about spirits and demons as I do about God and religion.

You have been solemnly warned. Nothing may happen the first time. I read somewhere that demons are exceedingly wily and so they will take it slow with you at first because they want to gain your trust. But then there true nature will be revealed. Ouija boards are simply one of many portals or gateways if you would from the spirit world, realm, or dimension into this one. Demons want to get from where they are into this world but they are spirit creatures (the Bible calls them wicked and unclean). These spirits are the chief influence behind all heinous crimes and unclean actions (such as pedophilia, incest, rape, bestiality, vampirism, murders, and the like). Crimes that make you wonder how a person could do that to another human being or group of people. These demons are behind it (not the perpetrators of the crime, but they are the chief influence). We are all guilty of and responsible for our own actions.

Boris
Hot damn, thats the JIA seal of approval, I'm deffo doing this now.

I read you can make your own board, gotta go find me some scissors.

Shakyamunison
I have experienced paranormal events.

What you are describing sounds like New Age teaching. There are such things as demons and they can and do possess people, but this has nothing to do with a person's thought life. Demons don't possess people because that person somehow imagined or dreamed it up. Demons gain entrance into a person's life through some legal right that the individual has given to them either consciously or unwittingly. Demons don't care if you know that you are giving them access into your life. All they know is that you now belong to them and they will do everything to wreck your life. They have no pity or compassion. They do not have the capacity for mercy either. The are absolute evil.

And some people believe in space aliens.

King Kandy
What if someone uses Ouja Boards from the day they're born to the day they die, with no negative effects?

So JIA, what do you think of people who see Pink Elephants?

Symmetric Chaos
You have been solemnly warned. Nothing may happen the first time. I read somewhere that demons are exceedingly wily and so they will take it slow with you at first because they want to gain your trust. But then there true nature will be revealed. Ouija boards are simply one of many portals or gateways if you would from the spirit world, realm, or dimension into this one. Demons want to get from where they are into this world but they are spirit creatures (the Bible calls them wicked and unclean). These spirits are the chief influence behind all heinous crimes and unclean actions (such as pedophilia, incest, rape, bestiality, vampirism, murders, and the like). Crimes that make you wonder how a person could do that to another human being or group of people. These demons are behind it (not the perpetrators of the crime, but they are the chief influence). We are all guilty of and responsible for our own actions.

Jumanji. It's not a very good source of info about these things. Trust me.

Nellinator
Demons are not responsible for all the evils in the world. That's ridiculous. Humans are inherently sinful = fact. Therefore, we don't need demons to do evil although they may be apart of the cause at times.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by King Kandy
What if someone uses Ouja Boards from the day they're born to the day they die, with no negative effects?

So JIA, what do you think of people who see Pink Elephants?

Pink Elephants? Stop talking about my pal Shakyamunison (you know he sees similar things).

big grin

leonheartmm

correction. nothing outside their churc/county/state.

chillmeistergen
Pink Elephants? Stop talking about my pal Shakyamunison (you know he sees similar things).

big grin

What gives you the right to trivialise other people's religions?? I'm sure you'd be very offended, if someone was to do the same about yours.

leonheartmm

big grin

shak ya muni soon doesnt believe in mythology from "anna and the king" cool . honestly, u have no underdstanding of oriental culture. stereotyping without knowledge can lead to idiotic moments, remember that.

Shakyamunison
What gives you the right to trivialise other people's religions?? I'm sure you'd be very offended, if someone was to do the same about yours.

I can't be offended by a 3 year old child screaming at me and throwing a temper tantrum.

JesusIsAlive

Saying that Shakyamunison sees pink elephants is trivializing his other people's religions? I didn't know that pink elephants were part of Buddhism.

Chillmeistergen...you don't know what things I have been subjected to since becoming a Christian (you don't even have a clue). I have experienced way worse things done and said about my God, the Lord Jesus, the Bible, myself, etc. on this site that I am virtually immune to it now (but I didn't start out that way).

big grin

Shakyamunison
Saying that Shakyamunison sees pink elephants is trivializing his other people's religions? I didn't know that pink elephants were part of Buddhism.

Chillmeistergen...you don't know what things I have been subjected to since becoming a Christian (you don't even have a clue). I have experienced way worse things done and said about my God, the Lord Jesus, the Bible, myself, etc. on this site that I am virtually immune to it now (but I didn't start out that way).

big grin

Why do you need take abuse for your god? That is like a flee fighting for a giant.

People, like you, make fun of Buddha all the time. I just laugh because they think that Buddha is some kind of god or something. laughing

Goddess Kali

big grin

You are so dumb

JesusIsAlive
Why do you need take abuse for your god? That is like a flee fighting for a giant.

People, like you, make fun of Buddha all the time. I just laugh because they think that Buddha is some kind of god or something. laughing

I take abuse because it is an honor to suffer for Truth (i.e. Jesus the Christ).

People like me? (I am glad that you didn't put me in that group).

big grin

Shakyamunison

I take abuse because it is an honor to suffer for Truth (i.e. Jesus the Christ).

big grin

I think you have a persecution complex.

JesusIsAlive
I think you have a persecution complex.

Then the apostles who lived and many other people today who rejoice that they are counted worthy to suffer shame or persecution for Jesus must have this same complex.

big grin

Shakyamunison
Then the apostles who lived and many other people today who rejoice that they are counted worthy to suffer shame or persecution for Jesus must have this same complex.

big grin

There is a good chance of that. Most cults have members with persecution complexes.

JesusIsAlive
There is a good chance of that. Most cults have members with persecution complexes.

Thank God that those who truly follow and believe in Jesus for salvation from their sins are not a cult.

Shakyamunison
Thank God that those who truly follow and believe in Jesus for salvation from their sins are not a cult.

The early church was a cult.

Cult = a system of religious or spiritual beliefs, especially an informal and transient belief system regarded by others as misguided or unorthodox.

Only when Christianity became mainstream did the church stop being a cult.

JesusIsAlive
The early church was a cult.

Cult = a system of religious or spiritual beliefs, especially an informal and transient belief system regarded by others as misguided or unorthodox.

Only when Christianity became mainstream did the church stop being a cult.

So we are dicussing semantics or your contrived definition of a cult?

Shakyamunison
So we are dicussing semantics or your contrived definition of a cult?

My definition of cult is not contrived. I put the word cult into Word (the program) and looked up the definition.

This one is from the Web.

Now stop making false witness.

JesusIsAlive
My definition of cult is not contrived. I put the word cult into Word (the program) and looked up the definition.

This one is from the Web.

Now stop making false witness.

quote:
adherents of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices

Ha! Christianity is not exclusive (all are welcome and invited to become a follower of Jesus Christ) and neither are its system of beliefs and practices (all are welcome to believe and practice holiness without which no one will the Lord).

big grin

leonheartmm

big grin

self rightousness, its a killer.

all ridicule aside. i can tell by your response there, that your slipping into a very REAL psychological condition. persecution complex, although as sedative and sickly satisfying as unfounded faith or dogma. It isnt pretty in the long run. trust me on this. if your faith is teseted too strongly one day, or even if for a lil while, you lose it/lose trust in it{even if u dont leave beleief itself}, the sudden LOSS of the only thing uve held dear and held as a ray of hope is nothing short of disastrous and will be far more painfull than atleast keeping your option open, as far as believing{in people, dieties, pillars of support, whatever} is concerned. knowing you, ud probably laugh it off or shrug it aside, i do wish ud ponder over it though.

Shakyamunison
quote:
adherents of an exclusive system of religious beliefs and practices

Ha! Christianity is not exclusive (all are welcome and invited to become a follower of Jesus Christ) and neither are its system of beliefs and practices (all are welcome to believe and practice holiness without which no one will the Lord).

big grin

I am talking about the cult that we call the early church.

JesusIsAlive
I am talking about the cult that we call the early church.

Sorry they do not fit the bill either.

big grin

Shakyamunison
Sorry they do not fit the bill either.

big grin

I am sorry that you are so offended by the "TRUTH".

JesusIsAlive

Are you saying that I am offended by Jesus (remember: Jesus is the Truth . Read my sig. at the bottom of this post to refresh your memory).

big grin

Shakyamunison
Are you saying that I am offended by Jesus (remember: Jesus is the Truth . Read my sig. at the bottom of this post to refresh your memory).

big grin

No, by the small word "cult". laughing

JesusIsAlive
No, by the small word "cult". laughing

The word Truth and the word cult are as different as night and day.

You said that I was offended by the Truth, not the cult.

big grin

big grin

Shakyamunison
The word Truth and the word cult are as different as night and day.

You said that I was offended by the Truth, not the cult.

big grin

Ya, the word truth and the word cult have different means. You are making no sense.

No, that was not what was meant by what I wrote.

AngryManatee

It doesn't matter, he'll take it the way he wants sad

eezy45

I have to comment this one.

Who is focusing on something? All the time, when there is an actual argument against your reasoning, you ignore it and brabble about small details (such as irony about your way of arguing, but you don't get the farce (no one can take you serious anyway)).. And then you come up with "oohhh, you missed that out, can I assume this and that?"

Please, please, get a grip on reality and stop believing in Santa Clause. (Remember the irony.)

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AngryManatee
It doesn't matter, he'll take it the way he wants sad

Then he is not communicating, only talking not listening. wink

JesusIsAlive
Ya, the word truth and the word cult have different means. You are making no sense.

I was joking.

big grin

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by eezy45
I have to comment this one.

Who is focusing on something? All the time, when there is an actual argument against your reasoning, you ignore it and brabble about small details (such as irony about your way of arguing, but you don't get the farce (no one can take you serious anyway)).. And then you come up with "oohhh, you missed that out, can I assume this and that?"

Please, please, get a grip on reality and stop believing in Santa Clause. (Remember the irony.)

?

eezy45
Now... look at that. He's too dumb.

JesusIsAlive
Now... look at that. He's too dumb.

You are blaming me for not being able to understand your incoherent post?

big grin

eezy45
Let's see if other people find it "incoherent" happy

Shakyamunison
I was joking.

big grin

I have the same problem, I keep forgetting to laugh. no expression

JesusIsAlive
I have the same problem, I keep forgetting to laugh. no expression

Well let me remind you it goes like this:

laughing

leonheartmm

laughing

srry, the rest of us rent full of ............packdots.

Shakyamunison

laughing

OK, let me try.

tohslaugh

I think I've been traumatised. laughing out loud

eezy45
Almost. My friends and I heard about some guys who were experimenting with it and it piqued our curiousity. These guys described that wierd things began to happen to them after they experimented with the ouija boards. So my friends and I went to Toys R' Us to get one. I remember us getting it and opening it up right there in the store as if we were going to use it. We did not buy it though. But something (either that or pure apprehension) told me not to do this. So none of us did. This was before I was a born again, believer in Jesus Christ.

LIAR! You don't have friends.

JesusIsAlive
LIAR! You don't have friends.

Gasp! How did you know?

big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>