SPARTAN-458 vs. JACK-5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xenogears
The SPARTAN-II from the future versus the successor of JACK-4, JACK-5 from Tekken.

Bruce Leeroy
SPartan-458? Not familiar with that one. Is it the chick from DOA?

Either way, the Spartans win.

judgement hand
yes she is the chick from DOA, but i think that jack has a good chance.

~ the mjolnir-clad hand of judgement

Xenogears
u5Fb4kmo-fssniff..

Superboy Prime
Poor Jack.

Nicole wins 10/10.

StyleTime
Yeah. Nicole takes it.

......I want to know how well she did in DOA4. Itagaki needs to hurry up with DOA5.

I can't wait to run around saying a Halo SPARTAN got owned by DOA characters. evil face

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah. Nicole takes it.

......I want to know how well she did in DOA4. Itagaki needs to hurry up with DOA5.

I can't wait to run around saying a Halo SPARTAN got owned by DOA characters. evil face

Unlikely. She didn't participate in DOA4 story. She was just a guest character since you can not use her in story mode. Besides Nicole's bio states she is holding back using non-lethal techniques(except the Sticky grenade lol) when facing human opposition out of fear of disrupting the future.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Unlikely. She didn't participate in DOA4 story. She was just a guest character since you can not use her in story mode. Besides Nicole's bio states she is holding back using non-lethal techniques(except the Sticky grenade lol) when facing human opposition out of fear of disrupting the future.
True.

sad

It would have made the vs forum more interesting though. Can you imagine debates if like...Hitomi laid out a Spartan? laughing

judgement hand
i always kick spartan's ass with hitomi

~the spartan murdering hand of judgement

Xenogears
Uh..SPARTAN-458 does actually have a story in DOA4..at least it mentions it in Wikipedia.

Also, how does she win this match? Look at how strong JACK-5 is in the video I posted.

And the SNIFFING...was due to the love shown in the video.

Zen2nd
Plasma grenades, end of.

Xenogears
Yeah, she's not allowed those by the way smile

Also S. Prime, you know how easy it is for JACK-5 to kill a human being?

Overall, I don't see how Nicole has more strength than JACK-5 does.

And I would love to hear someone else bring up the plasma grenade argument again since, I'll just incorporate Jack's ability to fly and fire equipped missiles.

But I do luvs Nicole sad

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Xenogears
Uh..SPARTAN-458 does actually have a story in DOA4..at least it mentions it in Wikipedia.

Also, how does she win this match? Look at how strong JACK-5 is in the video I posted.

And the SNIFFING...was due to the love shown in the video.

What's with your sudden DOA hate/Tekken love, Xeno?

Nicole does not have a story. She only has a bio to explain what the **** a Spartan II is doing in DOA4. As far as DOA4's canon story goes she is no where to be found. You know Wikipedia is not a reliable source, but it's possible you just misunderstood what it said.

She wins this match with superior skill, speed, durability and reaction times. She may not be Master Chief, but she is still a Spartan II and as such had to endure the very same training and bio enhancements as the Chief.

Strength means Jackshit when you're fighting a killing machine like a Spartan.

Besides given her Mjolnir armor, shields and enhanced human durability she can probably take his strongest blows and keep on fighting.

Superboy Prime

And I would love to hear someone else bring up the plasma grenade argument again since, I'll just incorporate Jack's ability to fly and fire equipped missiles.

But I do luvs Nicole sad

LoL.

You're losing it.

A Spartan II is no where near a human being, so what does that have to do with Nicole? And a Spartan II can kill a human being with ease as well, so again, what's your point?

That statement alone makes me wonder the validity of your claims.

No. You don't love Nicole.

Bring on the missiles and flying so I can give Nicole a bubble shield and the Spartan laser. KABOOM goes Jack.

End of story.

Violent2Dope
Spartans aren't invincible guys. I don't think Jack would just get ZOMGWTFPWNED! by Nicole. She would probably win due to her superior skill, but Jack would still put up a fight. I say Nicole 7/10. Oh, and in the DOA universe, she's not the strongest. I think Hayabusa would kill her.

Superboy Prime

But I do luvs Nicole sad

Oh yeah I also forgot that apparentely it is not that easy for an army of Jacks to kill Kazuya, Heihachi and even Raven.

Face it this is one fight your biased arguments will not make the DOA character lose.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Spartans aren't invincible guys. I don't think Jack would just get ZOMGWTFPWNED! by Nicole. She would probably win due to her superior skill, but Jack would still put up a fight. I say Nicole 7/10. Oh, and in the DOA universe, she's not the strongest. I think Hayabusa would kill her.

Who said Spartans are invincible? No one. Jack's too slow to be a threat for Nicole. There is no way in hell Jack will win unless Nicole trips and impales herself on an energy sword. Of course Nicole is not the top tier in the DOA universe, she is just a guest character. It would show a lack of taste from Itagaki to have a foreign character whoop on his creation.

Bruce Leeroy
I agree. My DOA history/knowledge is limited, but aren't the JACK's essentially cannon-fodder? Spartans move like blurs, dodge bullets at point-blank range, Master Chief (Who is stated to not even be the best SPARTAN, just lucky) ran a kilometer in I think 9 seconds. And SPARTANS > Missles. Master Chief swatted a missle fired from a jet plane with just one hand.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
I agree. My DOA history/knowledge is limited, but aren't the JACK's essentially cannon-fodder? Spartans move like blurs, dodge bullets at point-blank range, Master Chief (Who is stated to not even be the best SPARTAN, just lucky) ran a kilometer in I think 9 seconds. And SPARTANS > Missles. Master Chief swatted a missle fired from a jet plane with just one hand. Okay my only beef is with the missile thing, was that in the books cause I don't remember that happening in the game.

Bruce Leeroy
Books.

DarkC
Kelly was the fastest SPARTAN-II and she can run 60-ish something km/hr.

Bruce Leeroy
EDITED:

Actually, shouldn't run faster? If MC ran a kilometer in a few seconds then she should be able to run that in like, half the time.

Who else?
Spartan-458!

StyleTime
I'm inclined to agree with Superboy Prime here. It does seem like you have recently taken a HUGE liking to Tekken along with a sudden dislike of DOA.

Xenogears

Nicole does not have a story. She only has a bio to explain what the **** a Spartan II is doing in DOA4. As far as DOA4's canon story goes she is no where to be found. You know Wikipedia is not a reliable source, but it's possible you just misunderstood what it said.

She wins this match with superior skill, speed, durability and reaction times. She may not be Master Chief, but she is still a Spartan II and as such had to endure the very same training and bio enhancements as the Chief.

Strength means Jackshit when you're fighting a killing machine like a Spartan.

Besides given her Mjolnir armor, shields and enhanced human durability she can probably take his strongest blows and keep on fighting. I have no hate for either series. I like both equally. If she has a bio, she has a story, since that's pretty much what a bio is, a person's story. I didn't say her events in the tournament were specified. Nicole does not have her sheilds or weapons in this match. Where's the proof that she has superior skill, speed, durability and reaction times; when has a SPARTAN-II fought someone of JACK-5's caliber in H2H combat? JACK-5 has demonstrated his strength by wrecking up walls with ease. As for skill, JACK-5 has several moves where he can twist and extend his arms. He can perform combos as fast as a sewing machine sews garments. JACK-5 is also a killing machine. Secondly, the bots Kazuya and Heihachi wrecked up were JACK-4's, not JACK-5's. In fact in the Tekken 5 story mode, Heihachi was giving several blows to JACK-5 and wasn't making a dent in it. Proves just how much of an upgrade JACK-5 is. Oh, and we're talking about a guy who got after being in the center of the Honmaru explosion. That would've easily killed SPARTAN-458 as a matter of fact. So in essence, if anything goes wrong in the match, JACK-5 could just detonate and that would be the end of Nicole, even though it would also mean the end of JACK.

Overall, I think it's a good fight, which is why I made the match. In my honest opinion, JACK-5 will come out victorious. It's not one-sided as you may think considering the stipulations I've given for both.

Bruce Leeroy
Well, I dunno. Killing thousands of Covanent on average, and practicing H2H since childhood would count. Wheres the proof that Jack-% has superior skills?

What? Running a kilometer in under 10 seconds isn't fast enough? Moving so fast naturally that bullets move in slow motion isn't fast? What's Jack-5's best speed feat?

There bones have been strengthened to the point were they can move faster then bullets while wearing thousand pound armor. Thats pretty durable. They can resist G's and other physical forces that humans can not survive, like when MC crashed in that pod, and he was the only person to survive, while the other 10 Marines died from the strain of impact.

Dodging Bullets at point blank range, swatting missles, etc. What's Jack-5's greatest reaction feat? What seemingly impossible attack did he dodge?

when has a SPARTAN-II fought someone of JACK-5's caliber in H2H combat?

Likewise. When has a single Jack-5 canonically fought someone of a SPARTAN's caliber and won?

So have SPARTAN's, as well as punch through titanium steel.

erm This is a skill?

Where has this been proven? Sounds like hyperbole.

What do you think SPARTANs are? Master Chief alone killed over a thousand Covanent units in only a few years.

Wow. Impressive.

This is a fact?

heh, like a Predator. However, that won't be much of a problem for a person who can run miles in seconds. Also, I forgot to mention. Master Chief ran that mile in 9 seconds with a broken leg.

I agree. They're both experts in there fields.

Zen2nd
I don't see why she can't use plasma grenades since its an actual move for her in DOA4!!?? So are you restricting her powers now? She can also use her stealth in the game too, so are you going to tell me she can't use that either?

Bruce Leeroy
Well, she has to be dumbed down to make it a fairer fight for Jack-5, I guess.

Superboy Prime
I have no hate for either series. I like both equally. If she has a bio, she has a story, since that's pretty much what a bio is, a person's story. I didn't say her events in the tournament were specified. Nicole does not have her sheilds or weapons in this match. Where's the proof that she has superior skill, speed, durability and reaction times; when has a SPARTAN-II fought someone of JACK-5's caliber in H2H combat? JACK-5 has demonstrated his strength by wrecking up walls with ease. As for skill, JACK-5 has several moves where he can twist and extend his arms. He can perform combos as fast as a sewing machine sews garments. JACK-5 is also a killing machine. Secondly, the bots Kazuya and Heihachi wrecked up were JACK-4's, not JACK-5's. In fact in the Tekken 5 story mode, Heihachi was giving several blows to JACK-5 and wasn't making a dent in it. Proves just how much of an upgrade JACK-5 is. Oh, and we're talking about a guy who got after being in the center of the Honmaru explosion. That would've easily killed SPARTAN-458 as a matter of fact. So in essence, if anything goes wrong in the match, JACK-5 could just detonate and that would be the end of Nicole, even though it would also mean the end of JACK.

Overall, I think it's a good fight, which is why I made the match. In my honest opinion, JACK-5 will come out victorious. It's not one-sided as you may think considering the stipulations I've given for both.

No. It's not a good fight. There's no evidence sugesting the honmaru explosion would be the end of Nicole. First and foremost Heihachi is a human, and he managed to survive the blast--sure he is an enhanced human, but then again so is Nicole with nearly indestructible bones and an armor to boot. The explosion would not kill her so get that out of your system. Mjolnir armor has survived a Halo jump from the atmosphere, again the explosion won't do crap but piss her off. Besides the explosion stunt was performed by Jack-4, so why would Jack 5 have it--unless he has it on one of his endings. Double Standard at it's best.

Where's proof of her superior skill? Please. Thanks for highlighting your Halo ignorance. Spartans were trained since childhood to master every weapon and vehicle they encounter along with hand to hand training. Jack is just built and then he is deployed in a tournament and always gets destroyed. It's not that hard to figure out.

When has Nicole fought someone of Jack's caliber? Please you're overglorifying a robot whose purpose is to get blown up or destroyed in every tournament. Nothing more. The proper way to say it is that Jack has never fought anyone with the caliber of a Spartan II.

Nicole wins 10/10. Stop being blind and see the truth.

Xenogears
BL - Quit acting like those are Nicole's feats.

SP - I'll give you that the armor she wears would spare her against such intensity. However, hasn't spartans died from less harmful assaults before? If she can survive something like the Honmaru blast, why do we have the chief losing to people like Duke Nukem? What the f**k? Not that I think Nukem would stand a chance in hell against MC.

Also, please don't incorprate chief's feats here because they're not applicable. As far as I'm concerned, Nicole's feats are not John's, hence why I asked how she's any better than JACK-5. However after listening to what you said, I figured she has greater durability. I doubt she's as strong as JACK-5; I've seen no showings of her strength.

JACK-5 has not been destroyed. His last fight was against Heihachi in the storymode, and since it's been revealed who won the tournament, JACK-5 lost to Heihachi. Heihachi was slamming it hard after it lost, and wasn't making a dent in it. JACK-5 will not go down unless it shuts down. Nicole will go down if she's knocked out, hence why I think JACK's strength will give him the advantage here. Nicole may dodge his blows due to her superior reaction time. However, if she gets grabbed what will her reaction time do for her? I doubt she would avoid everything JACK will pull off. I may have mentioned this before but what strength feats does she have that would lead me to think she can take down JACK-5. Don't assume that just because MC has feats that would lead him to a victory, Nicole's case is the same. I'll also give you that she's biologically enhanced and was part of the SPARTAN-II program, but what has she done that makes me think she can take down JACK-5? Once again, this is strictly H2H, no weapons.

Bruce Leeroy
Quitting acting like you know what you're talking about. MC is only an average SPARTAN with average stats. What he can do all SPARTANS can do.

She wouldn't. Grabs are MUCH slower then punches and kcicks. She would dodge them easily. Comparing Nicole's speed to Jack-5 is like comparing Sonic the hedgehog to Bowser.

No, she wouldn't But she wouldn't need to. She has at least equal power and durability, add that to her sped and she's got this in the bag.

Don't assume that because Jack-5 is from Tekken, he HAS to win, because he wont.

I already listed feats. No one ehre can change your mind. If you prefer to live in yoru world, were Jack-5 will win just despite the fact that he is at the most just as strong and durable, but definently slower, then fine.

Xenogears
Now, I'm going to side with Nicole. At this moment I think she'd win.

Bruce Leeroy
stick out tongue

Superboy Prime

SP - I'll give you that the armor she wears would spare her against such intensity. However, hasn't spartans died from less harmful assaults before? If she can survive something like the Honmaru blast, why do we have the chief losing to people like Duke Nukem? What the f**k? Not that I think Nukem would stand a chance in hell against MC.

Duke Nukem is not in this thread so I would appreciate if you leave him out of the discussion.

So you concede to Nicole's Spartan armor sparing her from Jack's blast.

Good we agree on something. We're getting somewhere.

Also, please don't incorprate chief's feats here because they're not applicable. As far as I'm concerned, Nicole's feats are not John's, hence why I asked how she's any better than JACK-5. However after listening to what you said, I figured she has greater durability. I doubt she's as strong as JACK-5; I've seen no showings of her strength.

I have only mentioned the fact that all the spartans endured the same training and enhancements as evidence of Nicole being more skilled than Jack.

I never said Nicole was stronger than Jack, but I don't think she is that much weaker in the first place.

JACK-5 has not been destroyed. His last fight was against Heihachi in the storymode, and since it's been revealed who won the tournament, JACK-5 lost to Heihachi. Heihachi was slamming it hard after it lost, and wasn't making a dent in it. JACK-5 will not go down unless it shuts down. Nicole will go down if she's knocked out, hence why I think JACK's strength will give him the advantage here. Nicole may dodge his blows due to her superior reaction time. However, if she gets grabbed what will her reaction time do for her? I doubt she would avoid everything JACK will pull off. I may have mentioned this before but what strength feats does she have that would lead me to think she can take down JACK-5. Don't assume that just because MC has feats that would lead him to a victory, Nicole's case is the same. I'll also give you that she's biologically enhanced and was part of the SPARTAN-II program, but what has she done that makes me think she can take down JACK-5? Once again, this is strictly H2H, no weapons.

First and foremost stength is not everything in a fight. Cunning, speed, instict play a large role as well. You have just said it yourself. Heihachi managed to defeat Jack eventhough Jack-5 is stronger. So you admit that Nicole has the better durability while Jack has shown to be stronger. Those 2 pretty much even each other out. So what else does Nicole have above Jack-5: speed, reaction times, training and combat experience. In my opinion it will take a lot of effort for Jack to actually grab Nicole given her superior stats. And you asked me what her superior reaction time would do for her if Jack grabbed her? It's quite simple. They would prevent her from letting him grab her in the first place.

Xenogears

Superboy Prime
Quitting acting like you know what you're talking about. MC is only an average SPARTAN with average stats. What he can do all SPARTANS can do.

If MC was the strongest, fastest, most skilled Spartan then we could agree that his feats are only his, but he is only an average Spartan--We still love him anyway.

She wouldn't. Grabs are MUCH slower then punches and kcicks. She would dodge them easily. Comparing Nicole's speed to Jack-5 is like comparing Sonic the hedgehog to Bowser.

Amen.

No, she wouldn't But she wouldn't need to. She has at least equal power and durability, add that to her sped and she's got this in the bag.

Co-sign.

Don't assume that because Jack-5 is from Tekken, he HAS to win, because he wont.

Preach it.

I already listed feats. No one ehre can change your mind. If you prefer to live in yoru world, were Jack-5 will win just despite the fact that he is at the most just as strong and durable, but definently slower, then fine.

Happy Dance

Superboy Prime

hug in_love

Xenogears
I think I'm going to puke.

Superboy Prime
paperbag3

SpadeKing
I agree. My DOA history/knowledge is limited, but aren't the JACK's essentially cannon-fodder? Spartans move like blurs, dodge bullets at point-blank range, Master Chief (Who is stated to not even be the best SPARTAN, just lucky) ran a kilometer in I think 9 seconds. And SPARTANS > Missles. Master Chief swatted a missle fired from a jet plane with just one hand.

so now you agree with me mhm

Bruce Leeroy
When it suits me, yes. Don't let Liquid_Fire see this, though.

Emperor Ashtar

Still doesn't come close to how many people hate Tekken. Anyway Jack-5 takes the H2H fight.

Bruce Leeroy
Or not. He dies, painfully.

Emperor Ashtar
Or not. He dies, painfully.

I disagree, but your entitled to your opinion.

Bruce Leeroy
Ditto big grin stick out tongue

Emperor Ashtar
Actually, I believe nicole can take this since she has her grenades.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Still doesn't come close to how many people hate Tekken. Anyway Jack-5 takes the H2H fight.

And? Doesn't mean he has to go around hating on other games because his precious gem is disliked.

And no, Jack-5 will not be taking this h2h fight even if Nicole is without grenades.

Emperor Ashtar

And no, Jack-5 will not be taking this h2h fight even if Nicole is without grenades.

I disagree, I believe he can win by a hair.

Violent2Dope
In terms of h2h skill and speed Nicole wins, while Jack has greater brute strength. Speed with some strength to back it up is better than just pure power. Even DBZ logic agrees with me(and usually there's not much logic in it at all).

Xenogears
And? Doesn't mean he has to go around hating on other games because his precious gem is disliked.

And no, Jack-5 will not be taking this h2h fight even if Nicole is without grenades. So, when I put a Tekken fighter above a DOA fighter I'm instantly hating DOA? Please, I could use that same logic to say you're a Tekken hater since you put Hitomi above Asuka. I think it's best that we not do that. Besides, I know we're both fans of DOA and Tekken smile

To be honest, I don't see how Nicole can KO JACK-5, which she'll have to do in order to win. As for what I've said before about JACK-5 grabbing Nicole, I didn't mean he's going to charge her and grab her. We know that's not going to work. I meant if Nicole punches him while he's in a blocking state, he can grab her arm the instant after that and restrain her, or do something else. Combine that with his ability to fly...well, do the math. Then again, there's that chance that it wouldn't happen. Once again to all, this is strictly an H2H fight. What does that mean? It means no grenades, guns, rockets, etc. That's the reason why I didn't equip missiles on JACK-5.

I think we all agreed that Nicole outclasses JACK-5 in the skill and speed department. I don't see how that's going to give her the win though. JACK-5 has displayed his strength in his epilogue. Nicole has not, and we're not going by what Master Chief does in terms of strength, unless someone can prove the "what MC can do all Spartans can do" statement. Anyways, what's MC's best strength feat? That dude is awesome. JACK-5's durability, once again, was shown in the game. He was taking several blows from Heihachi without getting one single dent, so I think it's safe to say Nicole and JACK-5 are around the same durability levels. Nicole's durability is the same as the chief's, if I'm not mistaken.

Bruce Leeroy
It won't work. She's MUST to fast for that to happen. The SPARTANS have been described in H2H to look like"blurs".

Also won't matter. SPARTANS have taken out the equivalent to Covenant Jet Fighters with only small firearms like Pistols. And, even if you gave Jack-% his missles, it wouldn't matter. As stated, SPARTANS are not above simply swatting missles fired from Jet Fighters when they can't outrun them.

He said so himself in the novels, and Dr. Halsey, who helped engineer the SPARTANS, and knows all of there statistics, already said that John wasn't even the best SPARTAN in ANY category, he was just extremely lucky. The novel also states, however, that all SPARTANS are roughly equal in capabilities. I would recommend that you read the books, btw. They're pretty good. However they really ruined what appreciation that I had for SPARTANS.

StyleTime
I think some people forget that Halo has a series of novels which are canon as far as I know. Master Chief was revealed to be average in said novels.

DarkC
EDITED:

Actually, shouldn't run faster? If MC ran a kilometer in a few seconds then she should be able to run that in like, half the time.
About a half kilometer in seventeen seconds flat, after being hit close to dead-on with an anti-tank missile.

In Ghosts of Onyx, Kelly went from 0-62 km/h in four strides.

Bruce Leeroy
Heh heh, GHosts of Onyx. I remember reading that... she didn't die in that one did she?

SpadeKing
When it suits me, yes. Don't let Liquid_Fire see this, though.

I couldn't even imagine what would happen laughing

Xenogears
All hell would break loose
no expression

Violent2Dope
Seriously, **** THE HALO BOOKS!

Bruce Leeroy
Why would anyone want to have intercourse with books? confused

Violent2Dope
Why would anyone want to have intercourse with books? confused YES I WOULD! Seriously tho, I dont like the books because I used to always think that all Spartans were like MC, and now I'm hearing on here that some Spartan named Kelly can go 69 kilometers in 4 strides, which to me sounds like she must be doing one legged Hulk jumps.

SpadeKing
Why would anyone want to have intercourse with books? confused

already did it was horrible, so many paper cuts cry

YES I WOULD! Seriously tho, I dont like the books because I used to always think that all Spartans were like MC, and now I'm hearing on here that some Spartan named Kelly can go 69 kilometers in 4 strides, which to me sounds like she must be doing one legged Hulk jumps.

not 4 strides =\ she just runs a whiile damn lot faster than him, not sure about stride lengths though and they are all around 7ft I think

DarkC
YES I WOULD! Seriously tho, I dont like the books because I used to always think that all Spartans were like MC, and now I'm hearing on here that some Spartan named Kelly can go 69 kilometers in 4 strides, which to me sounds like she must be doing one legged Hulk jumps.
No, read my post correctly.

I didn't say 69 kilometers in four strides. I said 0-62 km/h. Speed. Acceleration. Not distance.

She can run up to her top speed from a stationary position in only four strides.Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Seriously, **** THE HALO BOOKS!
They're legitimate references. I don't think so.

Violent2Dope
I just don't like em, I didn't question their canonicity. I still think Nicole would win btw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.