Thanos vs. Ion (current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
My apologies if this has been done...

Anyhow,

No prep
Fight takes place on a neutral planet
No PIS/CIS...

What say ye?

guy222
Originally posted by Galan007
My apologies if this has been done...

Anyhow,

No prep
Fight takes place on a neutral planet
No PIS/CIS...

What say ye?

Ion

Tazer
Yo.

Ion isnt even demonstably strongr than when he was a GL, so theres little chance he's gonna beat Thanos.

Tazer

quanchi112
thanos schools him

Avalonofthewind
Ion ftw.

Thanos isn't in the same class.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Ion ftw.

Thanos isn't in the same class. Actually Thanos is heavier.

Che$t Rockwell
Current Ion never did anything that impressive. Hell didn't Grayven give him some trouble? Thanos should be able to beat him soundly.

Of course he is no match for Ion at his peak, because at that point he is even stronger than Parralax.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Actually Thanos is heavier.

True....must be all the cookies.

Galan007
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
Current Ion never did anything that impressive. Hell didn't Grayven give him some trouble? Thanos should be able to beat him soundly. Grayven "gave him trouble", until Kyle got mad...

At which point, a certain someone's brain was fried. smile

Of course he is no match for Ion at his peak. You realize that current Ion has those same powers, plus magical powers via the Starheart, don't you?

Skeets
You realize that current Ion has those same powers, plus magical powers via the Starheart, don't you? How's that possible,if he's sharing the Power with the rest of the Corps?
iirc,the original Ion had the power all to himself..

BlackJackal
Ok. We don't really KNOW just how powerful Kyle is as Ion these days. I would put his powers as roughly Guardian level. The expression of the power is inextricably linked to the will-power of the user. Kyle has held exploding stars together when he merely had the power-ring. As Ion he is that power. Plus he has imagination on his side. Thanos has the edge in experience and using great power, so I believe that he would be able to use Kyle's power against him. Especially if Thanos knew anything about his adversary, he really have fun with Kyle's mind. Women in Refrigerators anyone ? Thanos for the win.

Galan007
Originally posted by Skeets
How's that possible,if he's sharing the Power with the rest of the Corps?
iirc,the original Ion had the power all to himself.. Do you not believe he could take all that power, if he's the one "giving it"? confused

Skeets
Do you not believe he could take all that power, if he's the one "giving it"? confused
Is he.,so he's some what the battery now?

I wouldn't know since I haven't read the whole series,since the art was so horrible.Plus Kyle sucks....31

BlackJackal
At least Kyle's stories were never boring.

Galan007
Plus Kyle sucks....31 dopedfu

stick out tongue

quanchi112
ion would be so outclassed here it isnt even funny thanos would just own him

Skeets
dopedfu

stick out tongue
Hal FTW....herbfu

BlackJackal
Current Ion never did anything that impressive. Hell didn't Grayven give him some trouble? Thanos should be able to beat him soundly.

Of course he is no match for Ion at his peak, because at that point he is even stronger than Parralax.

generally speaking, Thanos is a powerful adversary, he's taken on just about everything the Marvel Universe had to throw at him and come out unscathed, more or less. Putting current Ion at comparable levels to the Surfer, Thanos wins every time. But Ion has his considerable will-power and imagination going for him, this is both his greatest strength and weakness. Thanos is a master manipulator, he'd play on Kyle's imagination, allowing his own sub-conscious to do the work for him, we've seen that before in Circle of Fire when Kyle inadvertantly created Oblivion. Sometimes having too much imagination can be a bad thing.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
ion would be so outclassed here it isnt even funny thanos would just own him No........ just no. dur

quanchi112
uh yes .....just yes

BlackJackal
Now THAT is an eloquent response to Q. It sounds more like you are in a state of outright denial. Are you trying to delude yourself into thinking that it is impossible for Thanos to beat Ion outright ? Or just that you can't believe that Ion went down so easily ala "NO! It's not possible!" Oh it is VERY possible where the Mad Titan is concerned.

Galan007
Originally posted by BlackJackal
Now THAT is an eloquent response to Q. It sounds more like you are in a state of outright denial. Are you trying to delude yourself into thinking that it is impossible for Thanos to beat Ion outright ? Or just that you can't believe that Ion went down so easily ala "NO! It's not possible!" Oh it is VERY possible where the Mad Titan is concerned. Look at this statement friend:

ion would be so outclassed here it isnt even funny thanos would just own him

Someone who thinks Ion is "so outclassed", and that thanos would "own him", doesn't know much about the character. smile

BlackJackal
Don't get me wrong, I like Ion. Kyle was my favorite Green Lantern ever! But against an adversary like Thanos, he's outclassed in every way except raw power. He's just too much for Kyle to handle, he's never faced anyone like him before.

Galan007
Originally posted by BlackJackal
Don't get me wrong, I like Ion. Kyle was my favorite Green Lantern ever! But against an adversary like Thanos, he's outclassed in every way except raw power. He's just too much for Kyle to handle, he's never faced anyone like him before. uhhh huh...

Che$t Rockwell
I've began to notice Thanos is overestimated quite a bit on this board..why is that?

If Ion has access to his full power, there is no way in hell Thanos could even get him to notice him. Are you gonna say that Thanos could beat Parralax as well? Ion actually had all of parralax's power plus some extra. You know Parralax? The guy who was able to re-create the universe in his own image? Who even the Spectre couldn't beat? The same guy who actually *killed* the Time Trapper? Ion simply blinks and all of a sudden none of us know who he is.

Ion could alter the timestream anyway he pleased. He could control time to such a degree where he could be in bed cuddling with his girlfriend while simultaneously helping on earth with various disasters as well as doing the same thing on other planets. He actually was DOING this. We saw superman sitting on his ass on the couch with lois just eating because Ion could be anywhere and everywhere at the same time. Superman wasn't needed at all when Ion was around and actively using his full power. You would see images of Ion on TV in different parts of the world at the same, and as I said on other planets as well, he was usually in 4-5 different places on Earth at once all the time. But then you would see Kyle talking to his girlfriend and able to hold a conversation with her while being fully conscious of everything else he was doing. He was pretty much omnipotent.

No, Thanos stands as much chance against full powered Ion as a nerf ball stands against a nuke

Jebus reborn
Plus Kyle sucks....31 Always been a Hal fan myself.

quanchi112
no he is saying ion as a person would get manipulated and used by someone like thanos. he is like dr phil of the cosmic world very persuasive and manipulative.... so that means oprah is mistress death then to huh

Che$t Rockwell
no he is saying ion as a person would get manipulated and used by someone like thanos. he is like dr phil of the cosmic world very persuasive and manipulative.... so that means oprah is mistress death then to huh

I'm just talking to anyone who thinks Thanos can somehow beat Ion.

and yeah Thanos is smart and manipulative, but the nature of Ion's powers should easily allow him to see through his BS.

quanchi112
thanos sheer expereince and record gets him past this. nothing else needs to be said.. hes been through bigger things fought against bleaker odds than kyle. thanos and darkseid are each brands marquee villains meaning their best that alone gives them the edge over this guy.

starlock
When a character starts a new comic (ION) and within that comic he makes a cocoon of energy and when he emerges he states that he had to Balance out his power(Oan and Starheart) and goes thru his series and shows little in the high feats department,i tend to look at it and say this is not the same ION that first graced us,and i look thru his series and say

Thanos for the win

Martian_mind
Hal? Pfff,Kyle? Pfff Stewart?Universal Pfff Scott?Pfff

give a good Guy Gardner scene anyday.

I can't believe it's not the justice league=best.series.ever.

Tazer
Yo.

Hal FTW....herbfu

truer words......

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

How's that possible,if he's sharing the Power with the rest of the Corps?
iirc,the original Ion had the power all to himself..

currently, Ion doesnt need an external battery or ring, but due to the co-mingling of the Oan & SH -energies he is in command of some new type power.

the GotUs described his new state in Ion #6 (IIRC thats the ish); he's something different from the GLC & Alan......but not much (if at all) more powerful.

Tazer

Galan007
Originally posted by Tazer
GotUs described his new state in Ion #6 (IIRC thats the ish); he's something different from the GLC & Alan......but not much (if at all) more powerful. I gathered that he is now some sort of "new breed" of GL's, so to speak...

What the GL's may become in the future perhaps? srug

But if Ion used the Starheart how it should be used, as well as all th other power at his disposal, he would be back near his classic levels imo.

I guess we'll have to wait a few months , to find out what he can really do. stick out tongue

Juntai
Yo.

currently, Ion doesnt need an external battery or ring, but due to the co-mingling of the Oan & SH -energies he is in command of some new type power.

the GotUs described his new state in Ion #6 (IIRC thats the ish); he's something different from the GLC & Alan......but not much (if at all) more powerful.

Tazer Then again, they also said Kyle has never wielded this much power before.

Interesting, huh?

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Juntai
Then again, they also said Kyle has never wielded this much power before.

Interesting, huh?

hey, it was just like that line in GL:Rebirth where it seemd like Ganthet was claiming he had more power than Spectre.......

some shit ya just gotta ignore

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

I gathered that he is now some sort of "new breed" of GL's, so to speak...

What the GL's may become in the future perhaps? srug

But if Ion used the Starheart how it should be used, as well as all th other power at his disposal, he would be back near his classic levels imo.

I guess we'll have to wait a few months , to find out what he can really do. stick out tongue

I think that thats wat were lead to think, but admittedly Im kinda doubtful since that would prolly necessitate a change of the main books title to something else (cant call it _GREEN LANTERN_ if they dont actually *use* green lanterns, right?) Kyle will likely be the only 1 of that type.

I dont think his Ring + watever he got back from Jade = previous Ion power levels. and the mini doesnt support it, even *IF* the 2 energy types mixed are greater as a whole.

as for yur last comment: isnt that how it always goes?? laughing

Tazer

Juntai
Yo.

hey, it was just like that line in GL:Rebirth where it seemd like Ganthet was claiming he had more power than Spectre.......

some shit ya just gotta ignore

Tazer Eh... My GL:Rebirth issue 4, when Ganthet shows up to the fight, he says "The power of the Spectre dwarfs the Guardians."

Juntai
Yo.

I think that thats wat were lead to think, but admittedly Im kinda doubtful since that would prolly necessitate a change of the main books title to something else (cant call it _GREEN LANTERN_ if they dont actually *use* green lanterns, right?) Kyle will likely be the only 1 of that type.

I dont think his Ring + watever he got back from Jade = previous Ion power levels. and the mini doesnt support it, even *IF* the 2 energy types mixed are greater as a whole.

as for yur last comment: isnt that how it always goes?? laughing

Tazer He definately doesn't seem quite as powerful as he was before, but no doubt he seems higher than a typical GL, and he doesn't even have a grasp on it yet.

For example; Nero was tapping into the power of the Guardians all at once, and Kyle still overpowered him, and seemed to look like he trapped him in a mini-universe of sorts.

Nero in a previous issue, was tapping into a fraction of what Kyle had, and had more power than Hal - Hal even seemed to admit that part to him, saying that it wasn't the power that matters, but the willpower. However, it still seems to stand solid that he was wielding far more energy.

Tazer
Yo.

Eh... My GL:Rebirth issue 4, when Ganthet shows up to the fight, he says "The power of the Spectre dwarfs the Guardians."

I was wrong in who made the questionable quote: it was Parallax.

on pg. 18 the YFM said to Ganthet right after Jordan was freed: "You said the Spectre was nothing compared to your power, Guardian."

Tazer

Estacado
I think it was rather a taunt.

Tazer
Yo.

He definately doesn't seem quite as powerful as he was before, but no doubt he seems higher than a typical GL, and he doesn't even have a grasp on it yet.

For example; Nero was tapping into the power of the Guardians all at once, and Kyle still overpowered him, and seemed to look like he trapped him in a mini-universe of sorts.

Nero in a previous issue, was tapping into a fraction of what Kyle had, and had more power than Hal - Hal even seemed to admit that part to him, saying that it wasn't the power that matters, but the willpower. However, it still seems to stand solid that he was wielding far more energy.

to say he doesnt have a grasp of it yet would be accurate if this was said during the middle of the books run, however by the time _Ion_ finished Id say he was pretty well seated & stable; thats wat that who thing on Mogo was about. wat he prolly doesnt have a full grasp on would be his ROLE in the GLC, rather than his power. thats how I read it anyways.....

Nero was tapping into *him*, not the GotUs, and sure he overpowered him......w/help. and as for the "mini-universe of sorts" if U go back U'll see that wat it lookd like he did was convert the explosion into a crystal, but Nero is clearly shown lying on the floor behind him.

as for Nero (as Kyle) having more power than Hal.....we *really* didnt see that. as I remember it Hal didnt make a definitive, but more of a speculative comment to Nero/Kyle.

and the fact that he got straight-up put down by him doesnt say much for him either on the issue; thats the same type of comment Anakin was spewing out to Obi-Wan, yet we know how THAT fight ended right??

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Estacado
I think it was rather a taunt.

if that had been wat Ganthet had actually said, sure.

Tazer

Avalonofthewind
Ion drains Thanos of his cosmic power and teleports him into deep space without tech.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.