Question about Darkseid's power part 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starking
I've done a thread similar to this one, this time I have two different questions. During the crisis, when he used Alexander Luthor as a conduit to shot the omega beams at the Anti-monitor, he needed Luthor because he controlled anti-matter, if I'm not mistaken. So lets say the Anti-monitor was from a regular matter(if that's the correct term for it) Dc universe and he could still wreck universes and such. Could Darkseid use the regular omega effect, without the use of a conduit to defeat him? My second is, why do people bring up his losses to Superman? It only happened like three times and every instance was written by Jeph Loeb. Superman has been humbled by Darkseid like 8 or 9 times under various writers. So what's the point of even bringing that up?

Endless Mike
My second is, why do people bring up his losses to Superman? It only happened like three times and every instance was written by Jeph Loeb. Superman has been humbled by Darkseid like 8 or 9 times under various writers. So what's the point of even bringing that up?

Because (according to some guy on another forum), recent showings override older showings, so the new showings are retcons of all of Darkseid's old showings, and it proves that he is weaker than Superman and all of his old feats are meaningless.

sick evil face

starking
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Because (according to some guy on another forum), recent showings override older showings, so the new showings are retcons of all of Darkseid's old showings, and it proves that he is weaker than Superman and all of his old feats are meaningless.

sick evil face sick
That's just awful.

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by starking
I've done a thread similar to this one, this time I have two different questions. During the crisis, when he used Alexander Luthor as a conduit to shot the omega beams at the Anti-monitor, he needed Luthor because he controlled anti-matter, if I'm not mistaken. So lets say the Anti-monitor was from a regular matter(if that's the correct term for it) Dc universe and he could still wreck universes and such. Could Darkseid use the regular omega effect, without the use of a conduit to defeat him?

Actually it wouldn't matter because Alex can control both matter and anti-matter.

Because most people don't realize that after the crisis Superman was depowered so naturally Darkseid would have to lose some power as well to keep everything in balance. Superman has only humiliated Darkseid once and it happened in a Superman/Batman comic which usually have some pretty weird things in it. I mean, in the issue it has Darkseid hiding in either the Kent's house or barn, both which would seem beneath Darkseid.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
Actually it wouldn't matter because Alex can control both matter and anti-matter.

Because most people don't realize that after the crisis Superman was depowered so naturally Darkseid would have to lose some power as well to keep everything in balance. Superman has only humiliated Darkseid once and it happened in a Superman/Batman comic which usually have some pretty weird things in it. I mean, in the issue it has Darkseid hiding in either the Kent's house or barn, both which would seem beneath Darkseid.

But that's just it. The COIE didn't affect the 4th world. So Darkseid wasn't depowered.

The answer to your question, Starking: Probably yes, but that kind of negates the entire nature of the Anti-monitor's power if we take it that way. whistle

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Endless Mike

sick evil face

Basically. What I find funny is that they discount old feats from DS but cling on to all sorts of ridiculous feats from Marvel's 60's and 70's..stuff that characters will never ever do again.

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But that's just it. The COIE didn't affect the 4th world. So Darkseid wasn't depowered.

Darkseid *was* depowered, it just wasn't on panel. You're right in saying he wasn't effected by the COIE. However, Superman was depowered, so Darkseid had to be written as less powerful as well, just to balance things out. There might not of been any reason given, but there is no doubt that he did lose some of his power.

TricksterPriest
That's why we call those incidents PIS and I think we should call that one 'Loeb Darkseid'. 313

Che$t Rockwell
Well yeah but there is still no doubt that even if you take Darkseid at his highest showings in the last 20 years, they still aren't as impressive as his GDS ones.

However, the old darkseid might be coming back. It seems the current Supermans powerlevels are steadily and slowly creeping back to the old PC days. In an a recent issue of action comics a magician shows superman what his future will be like if he doesnt change..it shows superman in 2015 fighting a man named Khyber..they are fighting high up in the atmosphere and yet their punches are still making the entire earth shake. When Khyber throws superman down at the planet he throws him with such force it causes an extinction level event..so you know if Supes gets stronger Darkseid will

starking
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
That's why we call those incidents PIS and I think we should call that one 'Loeb Darkseid'. 313 How about Loebseid big grin

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
Darkseid *was* depowered, it just wasn't on panel. You're right in saying he wasn't effected by the COIE. However, Superman was depowered, so Darkseid had to be written as less powerful as well, just to balance things out. There might not of been any reason given, but there is no doubt that he did lose some of his power.

Why would they even things out if Supes was depowered? They were never even before anyway.

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why would they even things out if Supes was depowered? They were never even before anyway.

I wasn't saying they were even. However, if Superman was depowered and Darkseid wasn't, the power difference would of been far too great. I mean, it was already a substantial difference so this would of made it ridiculously so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.