How has Pirates inspired you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starfish
I'm a TOTAL nerd- my family tells me so *lol* I'm also way too old to be so much in love with a fictional character, but oh well! It's grand fun, is it not???

I make glass beads at home in my studio- and I created this bracelet to show my love for Jack Sparrow. Nine of the beads are mine, and I did take the liberty of copying Jack's beads but I added my own twist. I swear I'll wear it every day!

How has PoTC inspired you? I'd love to read about it!

IheartPocky
Ah love It's made me smile and giggle for 3 and a half years. Filed my empty days with happiness. lol Inspired, though? The way I dress a little bit and it's definitely affected the way I walk lol Not intentionally though smile

Wait a minute. I still didn't answer the question did I?

ivebeendepped43
wow. how it's inspired me? I know Johnny has inspired me to not care what anyone thinks about me. like today, a girl was ragging on me cause i've laready seen Pirates 3 twice and shes like "You are so stupid! Why see it more than once? Instead of buying those tickets you could've spent the $$ on clothes!" and i said "Well, im not really the shopping type. I wouldnt spend it on clothes anyway!" and shes like "My g*d, what kind of girl are you?" and i said "The kind that wants to be different, not follow the crowd, and doesn't care what others think! So suck that!" then she goes "............no, you're just weird!" but its taken over my life, not to mention my room and personality, and,as ihp said, physical movements. smile

PirateDiva
Honestly I dont know if its the Fan Fics out there or the Need to Imagine Jack and Elizabeth together through Other Romance plots....but POTC has inspired me to read a lot more Now!!! I'll actually find myself wanting to go to a bookstore and read Books!! Wierd huh?

POTC has also inspired me in a way that im really greatful for.....POTC has pushed me into finally knowing in what direction i want my career to go in!! I know i want to be a part of something Special, something to be proud of...whether its a future Pirate Movie or another Wonderful Movie but i know now because of the amazing Pirate Movies....i want to work in the movie industry....as what i dont know, but im gonna find out!!! smile

THANK YOU PIRATES!!!

Tramps Lady
lets me giggle with my self and makes me look like a wierdo...but hey...i have imagination from lonlinesswink lol

JaehSkywalker
What Pirates did to me... hmm... it inspired me to be different! well... okay... remind you, i'm not just a POTC fan alone but also a STar Wars fan too.. >.< so what i'd write down would be or not mixed effects on me by both movies....

It inspired me to be myself and be totally different!
it inspired me to have my own style in clothes lol...
It inspired me to write more.. (yes, i write fan fics and poems and stuff sometimes,,,)
It inspired me to have my own own style, not just going after people.
it inspired me to move in the opposite direction and take my own unique weird hobby lol...
it inspired me not to totally go with the flow of everything modern!

and i quote from an interview with johnny depp from a newspaper here:

he said more stuff, but i kinda cut the line. but i think everyone got what the message is.. happy

starfish
Oh My Gosh~ I am so glad I started this thread! I love the theme throughout that Pirates has inspired all you to be UNIQUE.

I hate shopping, BTW. I would much rather spend my money to see a movie at the theater 13 times (um- yes I did this once not long ago- my husband thinks I "only" saw it seven times) because it inspires my imagination and makes me HAPPY- than go stroll through the mall trying on shoes *yuck* What kind of girl are you? Ha ha ha... that comment is so funny to me. You must be young, and I am glad to read that you already know your own mind. No need to be a lemur, following the crowd. Believe me- ten years from now you will be SO happy you chose to be your own person. It can be hard in the beginning, but it pays off in the end. A creative mind is a beautiful thing- and all of us who become engrossed with what is in our imaginations- well, it is fun- right? It would be so supremely boring to be "normal," and exactly like everyone else!

Stupid? She called you stupid!? That is just wrong. You are not stupid- you are very smart to not care what others think of you! I wish I'd known that 20 years ago!

I do think, like the quote posted by Depp, that creative people are a little weird. I am a total nerd, and kinda proud of it! I don't need to be like everyone else to be happy, and as a matter of fact, I cherish the fact that I am different. People like us are passionate!

He he he- It has also inspired me to write more. I have 1/3 of a book written, about pirates- an adventure, love tale. Go figure. But it has also inspired all of my creativity, and my imagination. I do live part of my life in my head- but it helps me get through the rough patches- imagining that I am sailing the seas with Captain Jack Sparrow wink

Imagination, creativity, passion... these things are worth so much more to me than shoes, clothes, being popular or cool. I celebrate my uniqueness. Happy Dance

Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
wow. how it's inspired me? I know Johnny has inspired me to not care what anyone thinks about me. like today, a girl was ragging on me cause i've laready seen Pirates 3 twice and shes like "You are so stupid! Why see it more than once? Instead of buying those tickets you could've spent the $$ on clothes!" and i said "Well, im not really the shopping type. I wouldnt spend it on clothes anyway!" and shes like "My g*d, what kind of girl are you?" and i said "The kind that wants to be different, not follow the crowd, and doesn't care what others think! So suck that!" then she goes "............no, you're just weird!" but its taken over my life, not to mention my room and personality, and,as ihp said, physical movements. smile

JaehSkywalker
I totally think being yourself is better even if the whole world thinks you're a loon.

i don't like shopping really.. i'd rather spend my time, yeah, watching movies.. or if i go shopping, clothes would be nice sometimes if you have the money, but i'd rather buy Star Wars and POTC collectibles(nerdy much lol? dun care.)

ahh.. the imagination. sometimes if i feel so lonely, i feel at home sailing the seas(or the stars.. eh.. another movie. not belong here. but wth.) with Captain Jack....

totally right, imagination, creativity, passion, no matter in what form it comes, is much more important.. than clothes,, or anything materialistic for that matter... smile

calypso
Everyone has to learn to be comfortable in their own skin and not walk to the beat of someone else's drummer. I am proud to hear all of you say you enjoy being yourselves. That is so important and to pursue your dreams even if others make fun of you. They do that because they don't have the "the sweat of their brows, the strenght of their backs or the courage of their hearts" to follow their dreams or to try and accept who they are. So hooray for all us pirates. We will be a legend in our own times.

Needless to say, Johnny Depp never marched to the beat of someone else's drummer and has felt alienated from everyone because of how he felt, but look who he is today. Someone who stood up to Disney execs and said "this is my character and this is the way he is and I can't change him." Aren't we glad he had the strength of his convictions.

pyratequeen
Pirates has inspired me so much. As Starfish said, it has inspired me to write a book, which, coinsidentally (I Think I spelled it wrong) is a love story with a pirate twist.
Pirates has inspired me to think and imagine a lot more, like Starfish, again. Soory if I sound like I'm copying, but the same inspiration happened to me. I spend a lot of my time daydreaming, mostly about pirates.
I find that I don't care about how people think about me anymore. And that's a good thing, because people always look up to those who do their own thing.

Pirates has also affected how I talk, what I say, how I walk, what I wear, how I think, how my room is designed, what I read (actually, it inspired me to read), what I do...... It really turned me around.

But, one big thing it did for me was to open a door that I never really saw. It showed me that it doesn't matter what you wear or who your friends are. The one main thing you want to shoot for in life is Freedom. The ability to choose what you do, where you go, and just to not have worries on your mind. Once you stop worrying, you're set free, and Pirates showed me that.

THANK YOU PIRATES, FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ivebeendepped43
i love the fact that Johnny is different. its what separates him from all other celebs. he is SUCH a role model for middle schoolers who all they want is to fit in w/ the popular crowd. "Why try and fit in, when you were born to stand out?" i luv that quote from What a Girl Wants!

T.Maria
How has it changed my life??

I think im probably copying here lol.

Ive always wanted to be a writer, but i guess you have to have a brilliant imagination or a little bit of something special to be able to do it. I never thought i would be able to...but as of now i am sure gonna try hard.

For me, i think the writers of the films have changed my perspective on alot of things.
Some people look for the action or romance or adventure in a movie...you know, the things you can see.
With me, its the things the characters say. The dialogue that flows between them and those different speech characteristics that set them apart from eachother.

Its amazing to sit there and think;
"Wow...those lines were amazing! I couldn't have thought of something better myself"

So yeah, i guess pirates has inspired me to go and do what I want to do...because at the end of the day you only have one life, and its worth living.

ivebeendepped43
good for you T!

T.Maria
thanking you IBD43 big grin

Heres hoping you achieve everything you wanna do, too!! big grin

P.S - your siggy is exceptionally hott...

After Sparrabeth, Norribeth is a nice ship to sail on big grin

willofthewisp
Great things said all around. POTC is going to go down as an important series.

I wouldn't say it's changed my life in any way, but I really think it's improved my writing. I'm not talking about the fanfictions, although those are fun. I can watch the films and admire the ability to suck in the audience, the great risks the writers took. They dared to be unconventional in just about everything and it's inspired me to delve deeper into characters I create and storylines I come up with.

JaehSkywalker
POTC: nuther EPIC!!!!!

ohh.. and another thing... Pirates inspired me to study more vocabulary words! truth to be told, i never knew what egregious means(more or less the correct pronounciation) before pirates... big grin

Ericadawn
POTC changed my life by bringing me new friends who've stuck by me even as others have faded away.

JaehSkywalker
aww... petpet

starfish
I LOVE it! He he he... I'm so happy for this thread.

Yeah- I'm still called a "nerd," but really- I could care less. I am a nerd *lol* I would HATE to be the same as everyone else *shudder* Where's the fun in that???

Keep being inspired- keep doing your own thing. Oh- and really, as long as you can string a few words together properly, and have a great imagination- you can be a writer. You already are- you write here, on this forum- so you are a writer!

tee_pirategirl
Whoa! well I would have to repeat some of the stuff already said. It makes me feel like I'm copying too! never knew we do so many things alike.

POTC ispired me to not care about what ppl think of me and inspired me to creat my own style (not just in clothes...u know it helped me establish my personality) and to cut my hair short (ok stupid I know but at the time I thought I was making a statement)

and also kept me going through some hard times PLUS I found some very interesting ways of dealing with things by asking the question "what would Jack do?" (not a very moralistic choice but it DID help)

I used to read a lot but POTC inspired me to write! I wrote a 600 page novel about a modern JE relationship. I had so much fun writing it and it's not finished yet! If u guys read it you're totally gonna get it (refrences to Orbit gum, RUM, mokeys, pearls,eunichs) it's full of insider jokes but nobody else noticed it was even loosly based on POTC.

Ok laugh all u want but...I think it made me realize what it's like to feel REALLY passionate about something. I mean to think about something for every mintue of every day and to have a goal to acheive. To have everything u do tie into something else...

Ok I'm not makng sense again but POTC has also told me that it's ok to not make sense to others sometimes!!! LOL

It's made me DIFFERENt in every way possible. inside and out. It's made me LONG for freedom. Same way Lizzie did.

It's made me day dream. About scenerios, scenes, pirates etc.

AND SO MUCH MORE!

JaehSkywalker
so true! happy

i'm writing a Star Wars - Pirates of the Caribbean mixed fan fic write now. And im having fun with it. woohoo! Jack and Lizzie will be in there lol...

missme283
I have come with sequel ideas and spinoffs fornthe story lol

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
so true! happy

i'm writing a Star Wars - Pirates of the Caribbean mixed fan fic write now. And im having fun with it. woohoo! Jack and Lizzie will be in there lol... woot!! nice!

JaehSkywalker
happy thanks. look at a tavern i conjured up for it... Thgie fo Seciep lol... looks familiar? i was about to go for Agutrot, but, it sounds too weird.. erm

texgodiva2s
Ah exquisite Lady Starfish!! Pirates has made my heart sing when it has been haulin' around my short round old hippie self. This bunch of space has help me love my computer more, believe in the music that will free my soul (loving spoonful), be totally shocked amazed pleased with my fellow man/womans when I've been sort of schooled lately to entertain the idea that maybe people really aren't good. When I grew, the TRILOGY was bible, read it nine summers. BELIEVED beyond a shadow of doubt, that we were to be true blue, we were to inspire our fellow man, care for the children, help those less fortunate, stand up for what we believed in and never never never quit. (don Quixote?) It was our "job" if you will to follow the knight's code of honor--yes honor--

Then there's this delightful hoo boy let's do it! spirit of life child--I have always always been good at playing--and Captain Jack Sparrow, although a man, a serious and deadly git, a man capable of who knows what, who has seen who knows what--and yet there is a wiggley joyous energy in the man. I have coined a phrase for my explanation of some things in life--temporal pleasure--a beautiful sunset, a smile, the perfect little summer squall...whatever, that energy that exists only for a brief moment, then is gone, but the effect on your soul is complete.

Pirates has caused me to sing more (make a joyful noise)--the wonderful wordless music that causes my heart to swell with pride. Pirates has inspired me to craft words together to say precisely what I wish to convey. My smooth sailing! There are so many creative people around these sites--whoever thought of PotC pants jokes is darling!!

I like it that most all people here delight in their brains--they are creative and funny and guess what, it rubs off on me too--I'm learning how to put together vids etc just becos y'all all do and it's cool.

And even better than a place to fit in, amongst the Brethern, I don't feel like a two headed purple and green sea monster.

I have always reveled in my lovely fat little self. This charming little barrel chested body has never left me some place I didn't want to be and it has afforded me great pleasure. I love that as an old hippie, I can look at Mr. Bloom or Ms. Knightley, or (sigh) Mr. Depp and have this fabulous high school crush!! on each of them and it doesn't have to be anything other than that. I don't ever want to meet any of them, because reality so oftens interferes. Ah, yes, I like very much to know that one can experience passion for another human. My last relationship just about killed that out of me.

I love the idea of knowing I have me mates about me--and I can finally say, I finally caught on--"Yes, I am a pirate, 200 years too late, the cannon don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder I'm an over 50 victum of fate, arriving too late" (credit to Mr. Buffet) Thank you so much for asking--I don't know that I had words for the joyousness I feel prior to now. The only drawback: My chores have taken it on the chin--by the by, your bracelet is too fabulous--this summer I'm making paper if it harelips the governor (tx phraselogy) By the way, did you know there is a pop up book version of the Black Pearl? It is way cool. Thanks again Starfish--youse some kind of wonderful.

potcfan2003
I love shopping, but Pirates gave me something to look forward to every summer. I really hope there's a fourth, because with out new POTC movies, I'll most likely go insane!!! I also think that Pirates has inspired me to speak out, and to look for adventure. It also gave me a whole new out look on pirates in general. believe it or not, but I hated the thought of pirates before POTC came out. It also gave me knoledge of new words, although my parents would prefer that I never knew of some of them. It opened my eyes to a whole world that we missed, that was long before our time, a world that is better than our modern world, with people being lazy and wimpy. I realized that machine isn't better than people no matter how efficiebnt it is, work should be done by hand. I honestly wish that I was born in the 1700's, and that I didn't miss the adventure!!! I honestly have no clue how I got all of this from pOTC, but I did somehow. POTC is my life!!

IheartPocky
It's given me a better vocabulary.

Superfluous! Egregious! Nigh! And I learned what QED is!

ivebeendepped43
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
so true! happy

i'm writing a Star Wars - Pirates of the Caribbean mixed fan fic write now. And im having fun with it. woohoo! Jack and Lizzie will be in there lol... which reminds me....
OK, so i was writing a Pirates/Harry Potter mixed fanfic, right? (Harry Potter and the Pirates of the Caribbean. pretty original, huh? lol) and i was typing it on an old laptop. i wrote in all my spare time. I had over 60 pages of my BEST story I've ever written, no lie. I was EXTREMELY proud of it. One day i noticed the laptop was gone. I asked my dad where it went and he said "We almost lost the laptop. I had to erase everything off the disk and restart it completely." i was speechless. I couldn't even say haw upset I was. My dad never even gave me time to transport it to our other computer. i STILL regret not moving it. well, there's my sob story...

AudioHeart
Ooooh Pretty Bracelet Starfish!

Sifzensinril
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
which reminds me....
OK, so i was writing a Pirates/Harry Potter mixed fanfic, right? (Harry Potter and the Pirates of the Caribbean. pretty original, huh? lol) and i was typing it on an old laptop. i wrote in all my spare time. I had over 60 pages of my BEST story I've ever written, no lie. I was EXTREMELY proud of it. One day i noticed the laptop was gone. I asked my dad where it went and he said "We almost lost the laptop. I had to erase everything off the disk and restart it completely." i was speechless. I couldn't even say haw upset I was. My dad never even gave me time to transport it to our other computer. i STILL regret not moving it. well, there's my sob story...
aww, it's sad sad I'm not writing any fanfiction (finally). I wrote one for my friend, she wanted marridge with captain Jack and I didn't enjoyed it so much.

I don't like shopping too, oh except shopping fabrics, beads and ribbons, meaning that things which I need for making dresses.

Pirates inspired me make Elizabeth's dress, I had almost embroided stomacher. It's fun making it and I do something useful

But I can't say pirates really changed me, I think I'd been changed without pirates

willman
well the third film didnt inspire me at all. mainly because it was shit!

potcfan2003
AWE was NOT shit!! It was AWESOME!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.