Where does he go down, if he does?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Count Makashi
This is a battle of wits and intelligence, Sidious has agreed to play in a chess tournament, in it he must defeat 9 opponents to become the Gran champion of cheess. Every oponent(including Sidious) knows the rules of the game and how to play it. He gets a half an hour of rest, between each match, so that he doesn't get cramps in his fingers and to go to the bathroom.
Does he make it, or does he fail and if he does, where?

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Count Makashi
. He gets a half an hour of rest, between each match, so that he doesn't get cramps in his fingers and to go to the bathroom.

laughing laughing

Manslayer
Dooku beats him in chess

kamhal
I think his most problematic foes would be Revan or Thrawn. Maul is not very smart, Anakin would probably force crush his king when sidious started getting advantage (and since this is not a lightsaber duel he would lose). About the others, neither seem to have much better IQ to beat him in a chess game. Dooku would probably left his king open since he "trusts" his master so much lol.

So, since Revan and Thrawn are the only ones who seem to have such master planning ability like sidious, i think 1 of these 2 could stop him.

Riverollv
I agree with Kamhal. The only potential problems for Sidious are Revan and Thrawn, they would give him one hell of a match, maybe they could even beat him. Though, I'd like to think Yoda would give him a good match.

Gideon
Meh, it all depends. I can barely spell chess, let alone play it. Palpatine is of different intelligence than Thrawn or Revan. Palpatine is a political tactition, adept at manipulation. If chess were based on predicting moves, manipulating one's opponents, and such, then he defeats both of them quite comfortably. If it's based on military tactics, then he'd lose.

Battleship is a game where Thrawn or Revan would beat Palpatine, but I don't see him going down to either of them at chess.

jollyjim311
Is he allowed force blocking, mind reading, or battle meditation?

Tangible God
That would defeat the purpose of playing the game.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Gideon
Meh, it all depends. I can barely spell chess, let alone play it. Palpatine is of different intelligence than Thrawn or Revan. Palpatine is a political tactition, adept at manipulation. If chess were based on predicting moves, manipulating one's opponents, and such, then he defeats both of them quite comfortably. If it's based on military tactics, then he'd lose.

Battleship is a game where Thrawn or Revan would beat Palpatine, but I don't see him going down to either of them at chess.

Damn right. Revan and Thrawn in Battleship would own everyone... as a matter of fact, I'm going to make a thread about it stick out tongue

vader11
Dooku beat himstick out tongue

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Count Makashi
He gets a half an hour of rest, between each match, so that he doesn't get cramps in his fingers and to go to the bathroom.

Palpatine going to take a crap? Hmm.... sick sick

Gideon
Thrawn? Perhaps. Revan? Absolutely not. I can name a few tactitions who have exhibited greater feats: Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin , Warlord Zsinj, Admiral Ackbar, Garm Bel Iblis, and Major Grodin Tierce . Sev'rance Tann and General Grievous are major contenders as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.