Comics and Religion Discussion (DC/Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Prophecy
Name some religion based comics that have been successful in the comic industry. Also explain what so great about them and how they are kept interesting?
Here are some superheroes and there religions I found:

Superman Methodist/Krytonian Religion
Spider-Man Protestant
Batman Episcopalian/Catholic (lapsed)
Wonder Woman Greco-Roman Classical Religion
The Hulk Catholic (lapsed)
Captain America Protestant
Daredevil Catholic
The Thing Jewish
Nightcrawler Catholic
Elektra Greek Orthodox
Shadowcat Jewish
Zatanna Dianic Wiccan

Other Lists of
Religious Superheroes
God Squad
Which major mainstream superheroes are most consistently portrayed as overtly religious? These are characters who go beyond simply exhibiting positive religious values, charity and heroism, but who openly exhibit religiosity tied to an organized religious affiliation, through prayer, verbally sharing their faith, worship service attendance, and other means. This brief list only includes some of the best known devoutly religious comic book characters. Many other characters listed on this page are devout in their religion.

- Nightcrawler
- Wonder Woman
- Martian Manhunter
- Firebird
- Doctor Mid-Nite
- Moon Knight
- Dust
- Black Lightning
- Green Arrow
- Captain Canuck
- Wolfsbane
- Atom Smasher
- Triathlon
- Raven

(Note that these characters represent many different religious faiths and denominations, including: Catholic, Greco-Roman classical religion, American Baptist Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Buddhist, Jewish and Islam.)
Superheroes who are Clergy or Religious Leaders
In addition to superheroes who are devout lay members of their religious faith (see above), there is another class of superhero: those that are actually active clergy or religious leaders. A surprising number of full-time religious have been members of various super-hero teams, including the Avengers, Defenders, the Legion of Super Heroes, Infinity Inc., etc.

- Black Panther
- Shang Chi
- Karnak
- Ramban
- Shaman
- Talisman
- Northwind
- Sensor Girl
- Thunderlord
- Brother Voodoo
- Justice/Josiah X
- Varua
- Confessor
- Ghostmare
- Green Lama
- Mr. Christian
- Lilandra Neramani (UXM)
- Scarecrow of Romney Marsh

Superheroes who are Former Clergy or Seminarians
A number of major superheroes are former clergy, former religious leaders or (in the case of former Catholic seminarian Frank Castle, the Punisher) former clergy-in-training. For the most part, these heroes have left their religious calling, but not their faith.

- The Punisher
- Moondragon
- Hellstorm
- Caleb Hammer
- Michael Devlin
- Nemesis

Angels who have been Superheroes
Presumably angels are considered religious, right? A few angels/direct agents of God have been superheroes, even joining teams such as the Justice Society of America and the Justice League.

- The Spectre
- Zauriel
- Supergirl (Linda Danvers)
- Comet
- Avengelyne

The Significant Seven
Out of the hundreds of superhero characters, seven stand out as most historically important:

- Superman
- Batman
- Wonder Woman
- Spider-Man
- Captain America
- Captain Marvel
- Plastic Man

More details here.

Source: Mike Benton, The Comic Book in America: An Illustrated History, Taylor Publishing Company: Dallas, Texas (1989), page 178.

Info Source:http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/comic_book_religion.html

DigiMark007
Unless the company makes it a part of the character (like NC'er with Catholicism) lots of superheroes stay away from the religion issue. And when has Spider-Man ever been said to be a Protestant?!

Honestly, with all the crazy sh*t most heroes have seen, it would be pretty unbelievable for them to be a believer of any particular Earth-based religion.

Juntai
No mention of LUCIFER?

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Honestly, with all the crazy sh*t most heroes have seen, it would be pretty unbelievable for them to be a believer of any particular Earth-based religion. You mean besides the fact that many of them have actually been to heaven, met with angels, or seen Gods divine wrath?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Juntai
You mean besides the fact that many of them have actually been to heaven, met with angels, or seen Gods divine wrath?

Well sure. I meant Marvel moreso than DC, which has its own religious hierarchy, which is obviously derivitive of Christianity and other pagan religions with similar influences.

But even then, wouldn't they be more in authority to believe in something specific, and not feel like they have to take orders from something based on Earth?

...unless it's part of the character (like the NC'er example) anything resembling superhero religion just seems heavy-handed to me, and an attempt by the writer to either work their own personal ideology into the character, or moralize something that should be left to the reader.

NiņoAraņa
yeah, just not going to reveal what i wrote before....13

Endless Mike
Thor believes in the Norse religion.... Hercules believes in the Greek religion....

But how come no one in the MU has started a religion based on the Celestials, or Eternity/Infinity, etc?

DigiMark007
I'd like to see the source for this, because my spidey-sense is telling me to call BS on a lot of it. Martain Manhunter following an Earth religion? Spider-Man a Protestant? Unless it's something Eastern that just helps to get in touch with yourself, the whole "he's not human" would be a large problem with most, if not all, Western religions for MM.

I'm sure there's others but those 2 stood out to me.

...as for people like Thor, they believe in themselves and their Pantheon, but that wouldn't be their "religion" because Thor realizes that Odin didn't just create the multiverse.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thor believes in the Norse religion.... Hercules believes in the Greek religion....

But how come no one in the MU has started a religion based on the Celestials, or Eternity/Infinity, etc?

They kinda did in the Ultimate Universe were they had a religion/cult for Galactus/Silver Surfer.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Endless Mike

The Deviants/Eternals have a religion based on Celestials...

Grimm22
Unless the company makes it a part of the character (like NC'er with Catholicism) lots of superheroes stay away from the religion issue. And when has Spider-Man ever been said to be a Protestant?!

Honestly, with all the crazy sh*t most heroes have seen, it would be pretty unbelievable for them to be a believer of any particular Earth-based religion.

Peter has never been confirmed to be a protestant, however, it has been shown that he does believe in god. And considering that religion has never been a part of his character, I think it's safe to assume that he's a Christian, but has no real affliction with the church.

King Kandy
It seems like seeing Galactus would be a real Faith-Shaking experience.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
It seems like seeing Galactus would be a real Faith-Shaking experience.

Representation of the devil erm

What If...
There's really no point to this thread, and no point for you to attempt to justify your religious based super hero.

Yeah, Kitty is Jewish and Hulk may be catholic, but that's only one aspect of their character, and their character is not defined by religion like you are making it seem.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by What If...
There's really no point to this thread, and no point for you to attempt to justify your religious based super hero.

Yeah, Kitty is Jewish and Hulk may be catholic, but that's only one aspect of their character, and their character is not defined by religion like you are making it seem.

the Point of me making this thread was to see f there are any successful religious based comics. Also I vere even mention him, and until now.My hero is going to be mostly fiction.The only reason I'm adding so religion is to make it seem more realistic. I doing research,and trying to figure what not and to do in my comic. However I have not decided on what it should be yet?
And this is NOT the first time I've said this.

grey fox
*sigh*

More failed attempts at you justifying you character.

No one cares, seriously. Just drop it and move on.....

xmarksthespot
How does Kitty Pryde being Jewish equate to there being "successful religious based comics?"

And grey fox is right... I'm sure even the people nice enough to humor you and Quezqzzxezzq the Magtacular, are getting bored now.

Martian_mind
MM....religious?

He as no oe religion,he has experienced every one on earth and mars...so he has no one religion.

plus he's hardly a POPULAR character to start with.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Representation of the devil erm

Wouldn't Mephisto or Dormammu be closer to that than Galactus? confused

The Prophecy
Originally posted by grey fox
*sigh*

More failed attempts at you justifying you character.

No one cares, seriously. Just drop it and move on.....

What the hell! I just said, I never mentioned by character. The are a few people that care if you don't oh well I can care less. I''m only trying doing research to help improve my character. So that people like you would shut there mouth and let it be. You really don't know the turnout of how this is going to be. And I'm tired of saying this so listen closely.I'M STARTING OVER,FROM SCRATCH! So please mind your own. This is not an attempt to portray Qezel(Qa-Zel). This is just a simple religion and comics Merged thread thay I'm benefiting from.Therefore if you have a problem with me doing and things of that matter so that I can actually improve something you have problems.So leave me the hell alone. Oh yeah I mean that in the most friendliest way possible of course. smile

Thank You,
The Prophecy

Magee
Can I ask what you plan on doing once you have your character ready for his first debut in a comic? You won't find many people willing to illustrate a whole comic for nothing. Well you wont find anyone with talent who will do it for nothing.

willRules
The Ultimates is full of religious symbolism. I mean there are numerous references to the Ultimates fear of being portrayed as a new world order or the next Roman Empire which is referred to in John's Revelation. Loki turns into a snake in one scene to taunt Thor. In issue 9 Loki claims that "The great Satan has been liberated". Thor in his prison cell asks "Father, Father, why have you forsaken me?" In Ultimates vol 1 ish 13 Thor even discredits the soviet atheist attitude with Black Widow over the teleportation of the universe destroying bomb to another dimension by saying "Oh ye of little faith."

Heck even Black widow gets into a very quick and minor discussion with Hawkeye prior to her execution about the afterlife.

There are sooo many parallels that can be drawn up between Ultimate Thor and Jesus of Nazareth. Ironically we all know Thor to derive from the Pagan Norse Mythology which is vastly different from Christianity as a whole.

Edit : And that's just to name a few smile

grey fox
Will, most of that was pretty obvious.
erm
Thor is/was intended to be a a parallel to Jesus .

BTW 'The Great Satan' has nothing to do with actual religion. It's just the Middle easts name for America/England.

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
Will, most of that was pretty obvious.
erm
Thor is/was intended to be a a parallel to Jesus .

BTW 'The Great Satan' has nothing to do with actual religion. It's just the Middle easts name for America/England.

Yeah I know it's pretty obvious but I thought I'd point it out. DO YA HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, PUNK???? DO YA??? mad stick out tongue

As for the Great Satan reference, I didn't know that. Although I'd imagine it's one of the many names western culture is given by some people, especially some of the extremists yes

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
Yeah I know it's pretty obvious but I thought I'd point it out. DO YA HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, PUNK???? DO YA??? mad stick out tongue

As for the Great Satan reference, I didn't know that. Although I'd imagine it's one of the many names western culture is given by some people, especially some of the extremists yes

No problem.

In-fact I was quite amazed at how many people DIDN'T get the reference. I mean he's pretty much shown as jesus-lite in Ultimates Vol2 #5.

willRules
laughing I love the term "Jesus Lite"

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Magee
Can I ask what you plan on doing once you have your character ready for his first debut in a comic? You won't find many people willing to illustrate a whole comic for nothing. Well you wont find anyone with talent who will do it for nothing.

Of I know that. But as of right now I cant do anything. I'm still in school. Therefore that'll happen later on.

DigiMark007
So, despite not really mentioning him much, this is essentially just "research" for your character? I thought I told you to keep it to 1 thread for this guy....I've already closed about 4-5 threads in the past month.

I can respect your endeavor and have wished you well with it, but there's a point where I can't let it dominate this forum.

The Prophecy
So, despite not really mentioning him much, this is essentially just "research" for your character? I thought I told you to keep it to 1 thread for this guy....I've already closed about 4-5 threads in the past month.

I can respect your endeavor and have wished you well with it, but there's a point where I can't let it dominate this forum.

However I never made this thread for my self. It seems as if you think I'm just doing it for me. This is after all a community forum which it is for everyone. So I dont see how making a religion and Comic Discussion thread is a problem. I'm doing for research and for the entertainment of everyone else. After all there dosent seem to be a Comic and Religion discussion thread in this forums history. So I created one myself,I also thought this would be a good topic to discuss.

The Prophecy
But I appreciate you gratitude with the work I'm doing on this character. smile

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by The Prophecy
However I never made this thread for my self. It seems as if you think I'm just doing it for me. This is after all a community forum which it is for everyone. So I dont see how making a religion and Comic Discussion thread is a problem. I'm doing for research and for the entertainment of everyone else. After all there dosent seem to be a Comic and Religion discussion thread in this forums history. So I created one myself,I also thought this would be a good topic to discuss.

No offense but all ur threads in one way or another lead to ur character Quezadilla, I mean Qezel roll eyes (sarcastic) So its hard for anyone to believe that u created it just for entertainment value. Every time I see ur name as the thread creator I know it has to do with ur character.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
No offense but all ur threads in one way or another lead to ur character Quezadilla, I mean Qezel roll eyes (sarcastic) So its hard for anyone to believe that u created it just for entertainment value. Every time I see ur name as the thread creator I know it has to do with ur character.
Indeed.

The Prophecy
However in this thread I never INTENDED to even mention my character it was others that led to it,so dont blame me for others doings. I knew how people felt. And no that is not where I got the name Qezel(Qa-Zel)from. I whick peope would stop mentioning that. I NEVER MEANT FOR IT TO HAPPEN. Therefore if you see a Superman vs. Moonknight thread that I posted you think I'll mention Qezel(Qa-Zel). No the deal is I'm ignorant, I'm only trying to pursue a GOAL!Like anyone else would. Just put yourself in my shoes and you'll understand.

Darth Vicious
I just think that its too coincidental that you are working on an angelic character, have made numerous threads doing research on it and now out of the blue you created a new thread about religion. Even if u wont admit it, this thread is for the advancement of ur character and u dont have to mention it because sooner or later someone else will which is what ur hoping for deep down.

I didnt imply that u were ignorant and if ur goal is too see this character made into a reality, then go ahead. Nobody is stopping u. IMO I find religious characters(good guys) boring. I liked Spawn because of the artwork and because most of the time he was killing people. I liked Avengelyne again because the art was pretty awesome(back then) and because it was a female character. The road to seccess is never easy and im sure if u make ur character into a reality it will be much more rewarding knowing that there werent many people supporting the idea.

Psyquis52
I recommend comics stay clear of religious issues. It seems to me that most people prefer it that way. They consider it...overbearing or intrusive to permit the usage of religious overtones to be placed in comics in general. I find most people are getting sick of all the religion in comic books and I can't say that I blame them.
Books like Spawn have kind of worn us out on the concept and we'd like something that just doesn't deal with it.
It should be non-issue.

The Prophecy
I just think that its too coincidental that you are working on an angelic character, have made numerous threads doing research on it and now out of the blue you created a new thread about religion. Even if u wont admit it, this thread is for the advancement of ur character and u dont have to mention it because sooner or later someone else will which is what ur hoping for deep down.

I didnt imply that u were ignorant and if ur goal is too see this character made into a reality, then go ahead. Nobody is stopping u. IMO I find religious characters(good guys) boring. I liked Spawn because of the artwork and because most of the time he was killing people. I liked Avengelyne again because the art was pretty awesome(back then) and because it was a female character. The road to seccess is never easy and im sure if u make ur character into a reality it will be much more rewarding knowing that there werent many people supporting the idea.

That's why I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was starting over meaning form scratch. I also mentioned this in a norther thread.I already have admitted what this thread was for,and that was the truth. Look today is NOT a good day for me I'm pissed off about a few things that's happening n my life and sometimes come to these forums with people saying the My characters sucks(I'm not saying you)or give it up is hurtful to me. I only wanted advice, So that's why I'm starting over.I also said before that I to thought religous comics where pretty boring and corny.

Darth Vicious
I guess thats why I dropped Spawn with issue 100 and never looked back same with Avengelyne. Characters like Nightcrawler I tolerate because the religious aspect of the character is brought up sporadically.

The Prophecy
I see!

The Prophecy
Many people have seemed to compare my character to Spawn, and even Avengelyne. However I tried to explain to them that his comic was not to be all religious. But I was simply trying to make it seem more realistic with some religion,so besides that everything else would have been made up. I dont believe theres a comic where it explains who the creator of God is and how God had to be resurrected once he did before.
But I could be wrong.However I'm rethinking that as I stated before.

Darth Vicious
"The creator of God". Do u know how stupid sounds?! I mean im not a religious guy and I find that incredibly stupid. I really hope that by "God" u mean Jesus Christ who was "resurrected" according to the bible.

The Prophecy
"The creator of God". Do u know how stupid sounds?! I mean im not a religious guy and I find that incredibly stupid. I really hope that by "God" u mean Jesus Christ who was "resurrected" according to the bible.

Let me explain! In my version of the universe there were three forces Derioth(fores of darkness and evil),Zenucto(Force of light and Good) and Deoxys Shikure ( Force of All) and also th ,most powerful of the three forces. These forces together were called The Balance. God was just a small portion of Deoxys Shikure (De-oc-sis Shea-Cur-Re) that took form. Therefore God is Deoxys an Deoxys is God. But God is only the creation that Deoxys made to make order n the cosmos.

Martian_mind
Like the presence...dear god,the copyright infringements......

Quezel,heh.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Like the presence...dear god,the copyright infringements......

Quezel,heh.
Please don't change the spelling if his name. ( it's Qa-Zel) Not Qu-zel.

Martian_mind
why not?you changed the spelling of "of"

Besides,not exactly a name people will remember...

xmarksthespot

Besides,not exactly a name people will remember... Yeah but you have bear in mind that throwing in as many Xs and Zs, Qs as possible increases the "cool quotient." ermmhappy

The Prophecy

Besides,not exactly a name people will remember...

What exactly do you mean I changed the spelling of "of". And you cant predict the future or speak for anyone else but yourself.

Martian_mind
Your poat says "please don't chnge the spelling if his name"

and i'm just going by the general reception of the thread.

The Prophecy
Your poat says "please don't chnge the spelling if his name"

and i'm just going by the general reception of the thread.

Yeah, it's called a typo. A mistake. And I suppose your changng the spelling of "post".

Martian_mind
Just saying that you needlessly corrected me over nothing....

The Prophecy
Just saying that you needlessly corrected me over nothing....

Over nothing. No. I'm trying to get it through to you that's not how his name it pronounced. What would you do if people mispronounced YOUR name?

Martian_mind
My name is James,everyone calls me Jim,and i prefer it.

my friends also call me Rim or Rimking,so meh,i'm cool with it.

The Prophecy
My name is James,everyone calls me Jim,and i prefer it.

my friends also call me Rim or Rimking,so meh,i'm cool with it.

Ok. But I'm sure you get the point. How about this. If some keeps mispronouncing your name when you constantly correct them and they still do it?

Symmetric Chaos
Ok. But I'm sure you get the point. How about this. If some keeps mispronouncing your name when you constantly correct them and they still do it?

Thats when I go nuts and hit them. With a two by four. Covered in concrete. From behind.

Martian_mind

Be a bigger man and ignore it?

my teachers all call me James,I just think of them as insects....

SpunkySmurph
One of my teachers keeps on calling me Andrew, though that's nothing close to my actual name...

The Prophecy

my teachers all call me James,I just think of them as insects....

But I prefer not to think as anyone as insects but as my equal. You see I don't look down on people. Even though people often do it to me.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
One of my teachers keeps on calling me Andrew, though that's nothing close to my actual name...

Note: Andrew =/= Smurph's name.

Martian_mind
But I prefer not to think as anyone as insects but as my equal. You see I don't look down on people. Even though people often do it to me.

Well,that seems a tad of a lie,considering yout title....

The Prophecy
Well,that seems a tad of a lie,considering yout title....
Please explain

SpunkySmurph
Note: Andrew =/= Smurph's name. One step at a time. Maybe you'll get it eventually... smile

Martian_mind
Well,One above all?

seems a tad suggestive of superiority..

The Prophecy
Well,One above all?

seems a tad suggestive of superiority..

I wasn't referring to myself. If you noticed my avatar(Qezel's logo)I was referring to him. You don't know me so please don't make assumptions about me.

Martian_mind
I assume you like your idea?

I assume you resnt people telling you it's bad?

I assume you have a mounting dislike of me?

The Prophecy
I assume you like your idea?

I assume you resnt people telling you it's bad?

I assume you have a mounting dislike of me?

Of course I like my idea.

I don't resent people that tell me it's bad. I just get aggravated when people say they don't like it for no reason. However I dont dislike them.

No I don't dislike you. I may disagree with you and some your opinions But I have no reason to dislike you. Your just a person with your own opinion,and I respect that.

Martian_mind
So i got one right.

No Reason?you've been given plenty of reasons.My main issue is the massive copywright infringements...

well thats just bollocks.

The Prophecy
So i got one right.

No Reason?you've been given plenty of reasons.My main issue is the massive copywright infringements...

well thats just bollocks.

Yes you explain your reasons' While say just say" I don't like it your character sucks",without a reason why. What copyright issues are you referring to.

Martian_mind
Well,there's the massive resemblance to Spawn,in terms of Character development,your historical background is casically imgae and Dc fused together,The name isn't very catchy and the character seems poorely driven.

ETC.

The Prophecy
Well,there's the massive resemblance to Spawn,in terms of Character development,your historical background is casically imgae and Dc fused together,The name isn't very catchy and the character seems poorely driven.

ETC.
Answer these questions:

What historical background?

Why isn't the name catch?

Why is he poorly driven?

Martian_mind
The creation of the universe.

Dc's history is that the presence created God,you have that,Image has three foces,hell,heaven,and Mom.

You can't really describe why something is or isn't catchy,it just lacks a certain jenny squa.

Well,he seems to be mainly religion based,and thats an issue.Experienced comic readers would pick it up,look at it and pick it apart to all the infringements and just see it as a cobbled together franken-comic.

So you'd want new,younger readers....who wouldn't be interested due to religious overtones.It crushes it's own sellability.

The Prophecy
The creation of the universe.

Dc's history is that the presence created God,you have that,Image has three foces,hell,heaven,and Mom.

You can't really describe why something is or isn't catchy,it just lacks a certain jenny squa.

Well,he seems to be mainly religion based,and thats an issue.Experienced comic readers would pick it up,look at it and pick it apart to all the infringements and just see it as a cobbled together franken-comic.

So you'd want new,younger readers....who wouldn't be interested due to religious overtones.It crushes it's own sellability.
Yes My three forces are not religion based.There sinply just three forms of different energies(The Balance)

My character isn't mainly religion based,and I really don't know how many times I've said this,but I'm starting from scratch. Also theres always going to be some similarities to another comic. Everything is already taken. Also try saying the name Qezel (Qa-Zel) in your head five times.

xmarksthespot
You can't really describe why something is or isn't catchy,it just lacks a certain jenny squa. The French now collectively dislike you for butchering je ne sais quoi.

Martian_mind
Yes,thats what Dc does.

Still,he lacks any appeal to younger readers.

I did,all i got was the memory of the Simpsons where Bart reads Homers mind and ll it says is "meowmeowmeowmeow"

Martian_mind
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The French now collectively dislike you for butchering je ne sais quoi.

Meh,screw the frog-eating bastards.

The Prophecy
Yes,thats what Dc does.

Still,he lacks any appeal to younger readers.

I did,all i got was the memory of the Simpsons where Bart reads Homers mind and ll it says is "meowmeowmeowmeow"

I thought you said that's what Image does. Well you kind of put i like it's an actual comic now. You will never know the results until it happens. By then I would have made plenty of changes. Give me examples of catch names.

Martian_mind
Batman
Cake
Minion
chimichanga
antidisestablishmentarianism
Nightwing
Moe
Kronos
All catchy.

The Prophecy
Batman
Cake
Minion
chimichanga
antidisestablishmentarianism
Nightwing
Moe
Kronos
All catchy.

Well they may be catchy to you and some others. There are some people that actually liked the name. Also there many successful heroes that don't have catchy names.

Martian_mind
Yeah,but they are popular due to good characterization.

watever,it's two-thirty am here,i'm hitting the hay.

The Prophecy
Goodnight

Darth Vicious

...,I just think of them as insects....

Hell Yeah, Some people are f*ing morons and cant pronounce a simple name right.

Thats when I go nuts and hit them. With a two by four. Covered in concrete. From behind.
The thought has crossed my mind.

"The Prophecy" says it all!

The Prophecy
Hell Yeah, Some people are f*ing morons and cant pronounce a simple name right.

The thought has crossed my mind.

"The Prophecy" says it all!

I try to be patient with people when they pronounce Qezel's name wrong. The only reason I picked that name becuase I thought it sounded cool. I wasn't thinking of anything of it.

DARK_GAZER
I actually kind of like some religion related comics. But they have to have a good writer or else it'll be crappy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.