Martian Manhunter/Black Adam/Magneto vs Xavier/Rachel Summers/Cable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
hmm

tabletalk

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by guy222
hmm

tabletalk no expression

Rewmac
hmm

tabletalk confused

guy222
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
no expression

Do u have an answer

guy222
Originally posted by Rewmac
confused

Do u have a winner

LORDSIDIOUS01
Do u have a winner

Rachel/Cable/Xavier easily win

llagrok
Easily? I disagree Sidious smile

Both Martian Manhunter and Black Adam are too fast for these guys. X/Rach/Cab might be able to stop Black Adam with telepathy if they're fast enough, but thats a big IF.

Team 1 8/10

guy222
Originally posted by llagrok

Both Martian Manhunter and Black Adam are too fast for these guys. X/Rach/Cab might be able to stop Black Adam with telepathy if they're fast enough, but thats a big IF.

Team 1 8/10

U make a good point smile

Rachel has the Force

Xavier can stop Martian. Don't forget about Nathan

LORDSIDIOUS01
U make a good point smile

Rachel has the Force

Xavier can stop Martian. Don't forget about Nathan

Rachel w/Force makes it an easy victory

llagrok
Martian has bigger feats than Professor. He held back the entire world's Hindu population and a god. Maybe their telepathy is equal, but MM has other powers smile

Magneto can turn off their powers, if he lives that long. Hmmmm.

HandOfFate
Martian has bigger feats than Professor. He held back the entire world's Hindu population and a god. Maybe their telepathy is equal, but MM has other powers smile

Slightly confused, MM did what? confused

don't shiv
nuthin much ....just ...... oh... took steroids to overcame his sugarcane addiction

Che$t Rockwell

Team 1 8/10

There is no if. None of these people are anywhere near as fast as Adam or Jonn. There is not a chance in hell xavier or cable could apply telepathy before being KO'ed by Black Adam. Black Adam can match Superman in speed, and Superman can move in excess of the speed of light. Jonn is only *slightly* slower than that. As he has been able to do stuff like have a superspeed fight with the flash and fly around destroying 5-10 generators in different places around the world in about 1-2 seconds.

I dont know how Rachael comes into play, it depends on what her current powerlevels are. I suspect they arent as uber as they used to be since if that were the case it would be pointless to give her teammates

llagrok
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
There is no if. None of these people are anywhere near as fast as Adam or Jonn. There is not a chance in hell xavier or cable could apply telepathy before being KO'ed by Black Adam. Black Adam can match Superman in speed, and Superman can move in excess of the speed of light. Jonn is only *slightly* slower than that. As he has been able to do stuff like have a superspeed fight with the flash and fly around destroying 5-10 generators in different places around the world in about 1-2 seconds.

I dont know how Rachael comes into play, it depends on what her current powerlevels are. I suspect they arent as uber as they used to be since if that were the case it would be pointless to give her teammates

That's what I thought.

However, like Psylocke showed us on several occasions, it's possible to amp up your own speed and strength to at least class 80 with telekinesis. Sadly, Cable and Rachel has never shown the ability to do that smile

Black Adam takes care of this face ripping styyyle.

Che$t Rockwell
That's what I thought.

However, like Psylocke showed us on several occasions, it's possible to amp up your own speed and strength to at least class 80 with telekinesis. Sadly, Cable and Rachel has never shown the ability to do that smile

Black Adam takes care of this face ripping styyyle.

But here is the problem. In order to amp up your speed and strength, you have to consciously do it. So for that short amount of time, you are still only operating at human level reaction time. Black Adam and Jonn are operating high above that without even thinking about it. So even though a character might be able to amp themselves, they still won't have enough time to execute it because BA and Jonn are literally many thousands of times faster than thought. So before Prof. X thinks "use telepathy" or rachael thinks "amp up my speed" they have already been taken out.

In fact, their speed is on such a scale(at least adams is) where he could run to khandaq, do his laundry, and still come back before any of these people have fired off a single thought process.

llagrok
But here is the problem. In order to amp up your speed and strength, you have to consciously do it. So for that short amount of time, you are still only operating at human level reaction time. Black Adam and Jonn are operating high above that without even thinking about it. So even though a character might be able to amp themselves, they still won't have enough time to execute it because BA and Jonn are literally many thousands of times faster than thought. So before Prof. X thinks "use telepathy" or rachael thinks "amp up my speed" they have already been taken out.

In fact, their speed is on such a scale(at least adams is) where he could run to khandaq, do his laundry, and still come back before any of these people have fired off a single thought process.

Shut your mouth already. I'm agreeing with you.

Che$t Rockwell
Shut your mouth already. I'm agreeing with you.

I just thought I'd explain it, because you know someone will eventually come along saying something similar, like Prof X. mindscrews them before they can move, something along those lines.

llagrok
I just thought I'd explain it, because you know someone will eventually come along saying something similar, like Prof X. mindscrews them before they can move, something along those lines.

I know, but I haven't eaten in 9 hours, so look out mad

guy222
I know, but I haven't eaten in 9 hours, so look out mad

Rachel Summers has the PF. Team One is in trouble

Xavier handles Erik
Cable is like Jean Grey

Go eat, my friend smile

LordKaos

Rubbish, you cannot move faster than a thought, they are not tangible and their speed cannot be measured, you are talking about synapses which is connected to the thought process by way of brain not the mind, the brain/mind connection has never been explained, nobody knows exactly what the mind is if everything about the mind could be explained by physics then there would be no need for psychology which many scientist believe to be a pseudoscience. Psionic energy has little to no physical restrictions that's why some psi talents can break through the barrier of time, which physically you would need to do with particles that move faster than light. Telepaths can exist in astral forms with no brain to speak off so how fast are they moving now. Reaction time has nothing to do with unless they are physically reacting they don't have to. Telepaths can have hours worth of conversation in the space of blink. Not to mention that a telepath would be in constant automatic contact with the minds in their vicinity if they don't shield, telepathy is an automatic power, that's why they have to train so hard at keeping it in check. In marvel there is nothing faster than the speed of thought, Jean Grey was able to telepathically contact Rouge who was traveling at warp speed across the galaxy with the Surfer, if he was moving faster than light and thoughts move slower than light than how was she able to "catch up" with him to contact Rouge? Wouldn't her telepathy be hitting blank spots until he stopped?

guy222
Originally posted by don't shiv
nuthin much ....just ...... oh... took steroids to overcame his sugarcane addiction

drugs are bad big grin

llagrok
What he meant was that Black Adam could kill them before they were able to use their telepathy. Xavier can't focus on someone in less than a second and kill them.

LordKaos
Yeah but they can fire psi blasts at the speed of thought, the only thing that I have ever seen dodge a psi blast was one of those salamander things that one of the forsaken used to steal souls, they too were psionic constructs so that makes sense. Psi blasts are just what they say they are blasts of psionic energy it doesn't take much concentration to fire one. Using specific psi feats might require some time, but blasting only requires a target. We can't move at the speed of light, but we can still register a lightning strike and see where it is and where it's going no matter how fast it is. I'm so tired of this uncreative speedblitz being the deciding factor involving DC characters (well mostly DC anyway) and others around here it's a a very cowardly way to fight and all it says to me is that, they don't have the power to deal with whoever so they take a cheap shot, they get KTFO by a brainblitz

llagrok
You don't understand. None of them are that fast. When Professor X decides to mind blast them, it won't even take a second. However, he needs a good couple of seconds to assess the situation.

Che$t Rockwell
It really doesn't matter if you don't like the speedblitz.

The fact is it is a part of their powerset, and yes: they are much much faster than thought.

You don't need to like it, but it isn't any less cowardly then "oh he mindscrews him!"

There is really no way around this issue. Black Adam could do his taxes and still bitchslap xavier into unconsciousness before the synpases in his brain have even begun to send signals out to the rest of his body.

LordKaos
so do they. you don't think the three telepaths won't link like xmen do in a battle situation they'll each be aware of everything around them. The others don't have to assess a situation because they have physical speed? So they'll just charge at the word go? So then why won't the others. Tk shields are raised quick enough to block light based energy attacks, that's what I do understand.

guy222
bump

zeel

Team 1 8/10

Dunno bout that, everytime MM tries to take control of black adams mind he gets his ass torn apart. BA is good at resisting mind control. For that matter so is MM. And magneto has his hat so i think any form of mind games are pretty much nullified.

Lord Feron
RAch went toe to toe with glads. He has strengtrh and speed and all that greater then anyone on team one. (this is current rach im assuming old school rach would solo team one) Cable is the weak link here and I magneto would turn his ass into a tin can. So yeah Team1 ftw

shiv
This is a long long battle.

Team 1 have the edge in speed flight experience and Strength
Team 2 have the edge in defense -forcefields- and stealth fighting -teleportation- to evade one shots and spring surprise attacks.

Xaviers most effective role would be an Astral Assault from a hidden locale

guy222
team two

gogogadgetgo
this faster than thought crap is bull.

black adam is human and his thoughts are processed just as fast as xavier's and rachel's and cable's.

rachel with the force will slap mm hunter around while cable takes care of magneto. this leaves xavier to fry black adam.

team 2 for the win.

Philosophía
Team 1.

SuperiorTech

leonidas
Originally posted by LordKaos
Yeah but they can fire psi blasts at the speed of thought, the only thing that I have ever seen dodge a psi blast was one of those salamander things that one of the forsaken used to steal souls, they too were psionic constructs so that makes sense.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4605/quicksilvervsexodus025lo.jpg

and even amped as he was, QS<<<<<<<adam . . .

team 1, no doubt. they are faster, much more versatile, can at least hold their own in TP (adam is virtually immune, MM is as strong or stronger then xavier) and with mags who could shut down the other team or make cable's cybernetics a weapon AGAINST him . . .

rachel is the only real threat. once x and cable are taken out, she's tough, but she's toast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.