So, why Jacen is NOT A Real Sith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nikkolas
I'm arguing with a guy who says the official Lucas company calls Jacen a Sith...and thus he is a Sith.

Truth?

Tangible God
Well EU contradicted the movies with DE, so yes, Jacen is a true Sith in every sense.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Tangible God
Well EU contradicted the movies with DE, so yes, Jacen is a true Sith in every sense.

Except for the fact that Lumiya states the real sith died with Palpatine and Vader. The end.

ESB -1138

Lucas has said the Sith line ended with Palpatine/Vader.

Gideon
Yes, Lucas said that Anakin "brought balance to the Force" by destroying the Sith. You can't bring back or continue something that is dead . Palpatine and Vader were both killed; neither of them trained an apprentice with full-fledged Sith teachings. Lumiya, even by her own admission, essentially got scraps of knowledge. She declared herself Dark Lady of the Sith. Lumiya also went out of her way to explain that Palpatine's clones don't essentially 'count' as a true Sith Lord. Essentially, it was a different body with all of the Emperor's knowledge. It didn't work or train at all, simply downloading the information.

Jacen is a 'Sith Lord' from Lumiya's broken lineage. But is he a 'true' Sith, like Bane, Palpatine, Maul, Kun, and so on? Hell no. He and Krayt are psuedo-Sith.

Darth Sexy
I still can't believe they ruined Star Wars with LOTF and Legacy. I mean they are both good stories but totally not what Lucas had in mind. Wtf is he smoking nowadays.

Gideon
He likely hopes that intelligent fans will be able to discern the priorities between shit like Legacy and LotF and what he actually indicates is fact. I enjoy LotF.

Nikkolas
Could you give me the quote?

Could help in my argument.

A Dose Of Vraya
I'd say that Jacen is more like Juhani darkside on KOTOR. Thinks that he's sith, but isn't really

kamhal
I really hate the idea from other siths. I mean, i think even the resurection from Palpatine was just a bad idea to me, it literally took all the sense from the movies. The sith should have ended in ROTJ, vader would be redeem, palpatine, the last and most powerful stih ever, dead.

All this comics are just destroy the beautiful canon story...

ThoraxeRMG
He is a Sith, but not a Sith (Species).

exanda kane
They'll weasel something outta the EU to tell the fans that Jacen really is a true Sith. I couldn't care less though. Han's children should of been space pirates and smugglers, not Jedi.

Sith Master X
This is why I dislike EU 90 perecnt of the time. There's always confusion as to what really happened, or who really dies or becomes a Sith. Alot of people I know who read the books, but aren't diehards like us don't normally know what EU means and think all sorts of crazy stuff happens, like believing that Chewy getting hit by a moon was a factual event in the SW universe.

Tangible God
Chewie dieing was awesome, I just wished he fell into a vat of molten steel or something.

And DE and Legacy is a real piss off. DE particularly, means that Lucas was wrong (unlikely), or that it doesn't fit into SW canon. And Lumiya and Jacen are pretenders, posers, Dark Jedi with a knowledge of Sith history, nothing more.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I still can't believe they ruined Star Wars with LOTF and Legacy. I mean they are both good stories but totally not what Lucas had in mind. Wtf is he smoking nowadays.

Then why did GL have a say in creating the Legacy novels and comic book characters. There is nothing wrong with the Legacy novels and comic books.

exanda kane
George Lucas needs to be knocked off his pedastel. My evidence in point are the prequels.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by exanda kane
George Lucas needs to be knocked off his pedastel. My evidence in point are the prequels.

The prequels are there to finish what Lucas started. All six Star Wars films tell the story of Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader.

exanda kane
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The prequels are there to finish what Lucas started. All six Star Wars films tell the story of Anakin Skywalker becoming Darth Vader.

I fail to see your point.

RocasAtoll
He's trying to say they are a continuation, which you already know, because he can't refute your original statement.

And Jacen's a neo-Sith in every sense of that term.

Darth Sexy
Please explain where GL had a word in legacy and LOTF?

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by exanda kane

What are you trying to say. The prequels were great. The only thing I found wrong was that the acting was a littler stale. Everything else was great. Including the story.

Riverollv
Yeah, I agree, I really enjoyed the PT. However, if the OT was redone with today's tech, it would kick ass.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
He's trying to say they are a continuation, which you already know, because he can't refute your original statement.

And Jacen's a neo-Sith in every sense of that term.

Jacen is a sith. Neo means new, so neo-sith means new sith.

Gideon
No, Jacen is not a Sith. He is a psuedo-Sith. 'Psuedo' = 'false'.

exanda kane
Please explain where GL had a word in legacy and LOTF?

He allowed it to be published?

Darth Sexy
So what? That doesn't mean he had a word in the storyline.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Gideon
No, Jacen is not a Sith. He is a psuedo-Sith. 'Psuedo' = 'false'.

Like Kyp was?

Gideon
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Like Kyp was?

Kyp really wasn't a Sith to begin with. He was possessed by Exar Kun's spirit. The last legitimate Dark Lord of the Sith was Emperor Palpatine, and since his legitimate apprentice died with him, Lumiya, Krayt, Jacen and co. are all illegitimate Sith. Dark Jedi.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by kamhal
I really hate the idea from other siths. I mean, i think even the resurection from Palpatine was just a bad idea to me, it literally took all the sense from the movies. The sith should have ended in ROTJ, vader would be redeem, palpatine, the last and most powerful stih ever, dead.

All this comics are just destroy the beautiful canon story...

It got stupid when Palpatine returned. That sort of made Anakin's sacrifice in RotJ pointless considering Palpatine's spirit came back in a new body.

exanda kane
So what? That doesn't mean he had a word in the storyline.

No, but it means he approved it. He obviously found no fault in the story and was quite happy for it be published; he indirectly had a hand in it.

zephiel7
Originally posted by ESB -1138
It got stupid when Palpatine returned. That sort of made Anakin's sacrifice in RotJ pointless considering Palpatine's spirit came back in a new body.

Essentially, yes.

No finer bullshit is there than DE. Anakin bought more time for Luke to train himself to a level he could defeat Palpatine. DE made Vader's sacrifice lack any real ground breaking consequence since Palpatine returns stronger than ever. Lucas just got pwned.

Gideon
No finer bullshit? Hardly. It ranks up there, however, right along with both Knights of the Old Republic, Darth Bane, and any comic featuring Exar Kun or the Ancient Sith.

...Lucas actually enjoyed Dark Empire by the way. Why, I don't know, since - later on - it pretty much contradicted the whole purpose of his story. But, hey, the man's claimed for years that he had all of the story mapped out before the first Star Wars was made.

Yeah right.

Darth Sexy
No finer bullshit? Hardly. It ranks up there, however, right along with both Knights of the Old Republic, Darth Bane, and any comic featuring Exar Kun or the Ancient Sith.

...Lucas actually enjoyed Dark Empire by the way. Why, I don't know, since - later on - it pretty much contradicted the whole purpose of his story. But, hey, the man's claimed for years that he had all of the story mapped out before the first Star Wars was made.

Yeah right.

After reading Sacrifice, and besides it being a good storyline, i'm about to go donkey stomp George Lucas. I can't believe they killed off Mara JAde and if Jacen ends up killing Luke, I'll end up killing GL. Where did GL place the fine line between his vision and contradictions?

ThoraxeRMG
After reading Sacrifice, and besides it being a good storyline, i'm about to go donkey stomp George Lucas. I can't believe they killed off Mara JAde and if Jacen ends up killing Luke, I'll end up killing GL. Where did GL place the fine line between his vision and contradictions?

It wasn't that bad.

Kyp really wasn't a Sith to begin with. He was possessed by Exar Kun's spirit.

I thought Kyp wasn't possessed by Exar Kun, just under his dark influence.

Gideon
I agree, DS. Mara was one of my absolute favorite characters. I'd have easily preferred that Leia bite it than her.

Darth Sexy
The writers for these books are going to get their asses kicked. And if Luke somehow dies by Jacen's hand, GL is going to get my fist in his mouth.

Tangible God
Luke shoulda died at the end of NJO. That would prevent a number of EU material from being created.

Darth Sexy
The only way Luke should die is from old age. There's no sense in killing off the most popular star wars character.

Tangible God
True, then NJO should have been the "end" of Star Wars.

LORDSIDIOUS01
The NJO novels will continue.

ESB -1138
Luke shoulda died at the end of NJO. That would prevent a number of EU material from being created.

Oh please like that would stop people from reviving him. Heck Boba and Palpatine DIED but that didn't stop the EU from bringing them back from the dead.

Tangible God
Lucas coulda done what he did to Wookies in the EU: No more.

MasterAshenVor
Jacen is just a Dark Jedi or Dark force user or Deranged Jedi whichever you chose

kamhal
Jacen is not a sith, just a bad boy who need Luke to cut off his head in a windu's stylish lightsaber move...

MasterAshenVor
is it even remotely possiable that Lumiya is a great grand daughter of kreia....i know its outrageous but they seem to have the same teachings....its so very weird even though kreia's teachings were more aimed at destroying the force....kinda

ThoraxeRMG
Jacen is a self proclaimed Sith. Bam.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.