Silent War 5 (SPOILERS!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CasanoVa
They Inhumans attack and the Mighty Avengers arrive. Some purple dude that can like walk through walls and stuff like that breaks into the pentagon and they set Gorgon free (he's all feral, but still in control and stuff), back to the fighting and Ares is taken out of the fight quickly by some mind-rapage that makes him see all the blood of the people he's killed, which he replies to "Ha! Was it so few?" (badass). During the fighting everybody expects Sentry to fight, but for some reason he won't, but neither will Black Bolt. Gorgon and co. go looking for the mists but can't find them, they are given to them by Dr.Cartwright who turns all disgusting and zombie-ish and dies. Medusa takes Luna to see Maximus and forces her to set Maximus mind free and undo the pacifers put in place. Back to the fighting, Ms.Marvel and Iron Man are being out-numbered and Stark does his omni-directional repulsor ray thing that leaves him powerless, but the Inhumans retreat.

Everybody but Black Bolt leaves and he whispers, which ****s up absolutely everybody, except Sentry who is still standing and pretty much unaffected. Gorgon smashes through the large hole in the wall Black Bolt had made and hands him the crystal and they teleport away. Stark bitches to Sentry, who says he refused to fight because if he had Black Bolt would have done more than whisper and the risk was to high etc.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/Silent_War_005_017_018.jpg
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/Silent_War_005_019.jpg

24 hours later Maria Hill and Stark are discussing it, the President decides to send in the marines that were tested on with the terrigen mists for a direct attack upon Attilan

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Acolyte_01/Silent_War_005_023.jpg

My very long and drawn out spoilers. Yay!

llagrok
Maximus is gonna open a can of WHOOPASS on those guys.

Also, what is up with Black Widow? she looks like 12 years old.

grey fox
Just as wiki stated, Supersoldiers whom burn out after a few weeks.

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox
Just as wiki stated, Supersoldiers whom burn out after a few weeks.

We know. Just like the doctor.

grey fox
Originally posted by llagrok
We know. Just like the doctor.

I find their insane 'patriotic' rantings hilarious though. Reminds me of Judge Dredd vaguely.

Juntai
lol Blackbolts attack is more like a heavy wind to sentry.

Rainbow Kiss
Is there going to be a Sentry Black Bolt show down in the next issue ?

CasanoVa
Medusa needs to get killed, I hope Black Bolt kills her.

I really do erm

It's a shame the supersoldiers are going to die, they have quite alot of potential I think. I also think Sentry needs to beat the shit out of Stark and Carol, all they did was complain at him this issue because he wouldn't fight.

If he had, everybody would have been rather butt-raped by a Black Bolt scream.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Medusa needs to get killed, I hope Black Bolt kills her.

I really do erm

What? How could you.

Medusa and BB are together in WWH so I guess everything works out for the best.

CasanoVa
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
What? How could you.

Medusa and BB are together in WWH so I guess everything works out for the best.

How could I?

She's off galavanting with Maximus, Black Bolt's biggest enemy (and brother) and she forced little Luna to set his mind free (Luna should have kicked her ass, worse than she did to Karnak).

I think that's probably.. treason.. or something.

She sucks anyways, Black Bolt rocks now he doesn't have that bizatch holding him back. He's all cold and I guess you could say evil, but he isn't actually evil, the US government is. He's just.. not as held back, which is pretty cool.

ExodusCloak
How could I?

She's off galavanting with Maximus, Black Bolt's biggest enemy (and brother) and she forced little Luna to set his mind free (Luna should have kicked her ass, worse than she did to Karnak).

I think that's probably.. treason.. or something.

She sucks anyways, Black Bolt rocks now he doesn't have that bizatch holding him back. He's all cold and I guess you could say evil, but he isn't actually evil, the US government is. He's just.. not as held back, which is pretty cool.

How could you say that. Too many deaths in the MU lately stick out tongue

We're given the impression that Maximus is still influencing both Medusa and Blackbolt.

Besides look what Blackbolt did to his own son? It's not like he's completely innocent.
That bizatch was always fair IMO, sure she has a crappy power but I never hated her. She's Queen which is what a lot of people keep forgetting. BB is their King but that doesn't mean she's powerless...I'm sure there's some way to bend the rules. I always liked her diplomatic take on things. Meh I like BB but he's still not as badass as he could be. I doubt we'll see a confrontation between him and Sentry. There's a lot of conflict between the writers on who should be victorious...I'd personally go with BB.

grey fox

It's a shame the supersoldiers are going to die, they have quite alot of potential I think.

How ?

Their bat shit insane if that last page indicates anything, and as tools of the government go U.S Agent is a hell of a lot funnier.

These guys are Super-powered cannon fodder.

CasanoVa
How could you say that. stick out tongue

We're given the impression that Maximus is still influencing both Medusa and Blackbolt.

Besides look what Blackbolt did to his own son? It's not like he's completely innocent.
That bizatch was always fair IMO, sure she has a crappy power but I never hated her. She's Queen which is what a lot of people keep forgetting. BB is their King but that doesn't mean she's powerless...I'm sure there's someway to bend the rules. I always liked her diplomatic take on things. Meh I like BB but he's still not as badass as he could be. I doubt we'll see a confrontation between him and Sentry. There's a lot of conflict between the writers on who should be victorious...I'd personally go with BB.

Yeah, Paul Jenkins (the guy who created Sentry) even said that he wanted Black Bolt to be superior to him, but I guess that changes as the character gets passed to different writers.

Black Bolt didn't really have a choice but to do that to his son really, did he? It's not like he made the decision lightly, or like he doesn't feel bad about it and what-not.

I don't think I've ever really like Medusa, it's like all she really has is that she's Black Bolt's wife, now she's hardly even that properly. He shamed her like a *****, with a written note because she can't even read him anymore. I think Maximus could possibly become the wild card that wins the Inhumans the war, but I also think that BB will probably have to kick his ass once he does it.

Feral Gorgon owns though.

CasanoVa
How ?

Their bat shit insane if that last page indicates anything, and as tools of the government go U.S Agent is a hell of a lot funnier.

These guys are Super-powered cannon fodder.

Maybe so.

But I think it'd be pretty cool to have them working as a black ops unit for the US government, like only every being let out every now and then. Like the suicide squad, but just Inhuman and shizat.

Except of course that there are enough of them running around nowadays, Gamma Corps (pretty much the same, except with Gamma Radiation rather than terrigen mists) and theirs another little black ops group running around in The Intiative soon.

But yeah, I think the idea's pretty cool erm

grey fox
Maybe so.

But I think it'd be pretty cool to have them working as a black ops unit for the US government, like only every being let out every now and then. Like the suicide squad, but just Inhuman and shizat.

Except of course that there are enough of them running around nowadays, Gamma Corps (pretty much the same, except with Gamma Radiation rather than terrigen mists) and theirs another little black ops group running around in The Intiative soon.

But yeah, I think the idea's pretty cool erm

....so basically Stormwatch.

CasanoVa
....so basically Stormwatch.

Basically, yeah.

Except, IMO, cooler.

ExodusCloak
Yeah, Paul Jenkins (the guy who created Sentry) even said that he wanted Black Bolt to be superior to him, but I guess that changes as the character gets passed to different writers.

Black Bolt didn't really have a choice but to do that to his son really, did he? It's not like he made the decision lightly, or like he doesn't feel bad about it and what-not.

I don't think I've ever really like Medusa, it's like all she really has is that she's Black Bolt's wife, now she's hardly even that properly. He shamed her like a *****, with a written note because she can't even read him anymore. I think Maximus could possibly become the wild card that wins the Inhumans the war, but I also think that BB will probably have to kick his ass once he does it.

Feral Gorgon owns though.

I guess, he didn't, but acting like his son never existed is a bit much. She let him have his way and hasn't uttered a word about her child till now. If Medusa isn't being mind controlled then maybe Maximus might have a way to help her son. I think that's probably reason enough to betray BB. She's still his mother she'd probably do anything to help him. erm

See the inhumans hardly get any exposure so Medusa usually comes across as nothing more then BB's wife. The good thing about Silent War is that it shows that there's more then that. I see potential...she's nothing like my Emma Frost but she does have character potential. At least she's no Lilandra. I hate Lilandra, she doesn't deserve to be Empress of the Shi'ar, she gives no sense of authority whatsoever and is easily coerced by Xavier.

roughrider
This is what the U.S. goverment gets for stealing what isn't theirs, from the Inhumans. Sentry still has the sense to respect Black Bolt, while Tony & Carol just do what the goverment tells them. They'll eventually get theirs, for what happened in Civil War. evil face

CasanoVa
I guess, he didn't, but acting like his son never existed is a bit much. She let him have his way and hasn't uttered a word about her child till now. If Medusa isn't being mind controlled then maybe Maximus might have a way to help her son. I think that's probably reason enough to betray BB. She's still his mother she'd probably do anything to help him. erm

See the inhumans hardly get any exposure so Medusa usually comes across as nothing more then BB's wife. The good thing about Silent War is that it shows that there's more then that. I see potential...she's nothing like my Emma Frost but she does have character potential. At least she's no Lilandra. I hate Lilandra, she doesn't deserve to be Empress of the Shi'ar, she gives no sense of authority whatsoever and is easily coerced by Xavier.

Yeah I understand, I think that Medusa was weak for going to Maximus in the first place but the rest of the things she did was probably only because he had some sort of hold or was mind controlling her. I still think they'll be quite a rift between her and Blackagar after this happens though, but they'll still be pretty close.

The Inhumans are like the X Men, they're pretty much all in their own little universe and it's pretty gay to be honest, you never see many X Men characters outside of an X book when alot of them could be prety cool. Like you'd rarely see Inhumans outside of a FF normally, but they're definetly getting alot more exposure than they usually do.. which is definetly a good thing.

llagrok
Casanova's full of good points today big grin

- Gorgon has definitely been bumped up to above Ms.Marvel levels after the exposure to the mists. I'd really like to see him and Karnak lay down the law and kick some Avenger ass. Gorgon vs Ares anyone?

- Maximus is skilled at manipulating people, even if he doesn't have his telepathy. He's got a genius level intellect to help him, so I have a feeling he's playing on Medusa's feelings and insecurity. Perhaps Luna will kick his ass, or maybe she'll beat up Medusa big grin

- I predict Black Bolt simply giving up, sadly.

Jimmy Buggs
Did the hulk beat down black bolt yet or what?

manjaro
the mystiqur about black bolt is that to date all we've seen him do is whisper, if he yelled the sentry wouldnt have able to post up like that...plus how come Cloc wasnt ripped to shreds? but thats just me nit picking. i believe that since BB is highly durable guy any way he can harness enuff elecltrons to match the sentry in raw stremtgh...even tho he usually tops out at 60tons

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by manjaro
the mystiqur about black bolt is that to date all we've seen him do is whisper, if he yelled the sentry wouldnt have able to post up like that...plus how come Cloc wasnt ripped to shreds? but thats just me nit picking. i believe that since BB is highly durable guy any way he can harness enuff elecltrons to match the sentry in raw stremtgh...even tho he usually tops out at 60tons Yeah, but I think he could take in more power if he felt he needed to. I don't remember many showings with BB having a low absorbtion capacity... and he's had showings with insane power output, so I would think he could pump up his strength higher.

And he's gone plenty higher then 60 tons... he was described as close in strength to the Hulk during one of their battles, and I don't anything saying he amped his strength beyond normal.

Martian_mind
Bah,Ikaris is better the them all.

CasanoVa
Black Bolt ****ed Ikaris up erm.

Martian_mind
I said better,not more powerful stick out tongue

besides,that was pure H2H,We ain't seen a full blown man0 e mano all out match.(Witch would be F*cking awesome BTW)

CasanoVa
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I said better,not more powerful stick out tongue

besides,that was pure H2H,We ain't seen a full blown man0 e mano all out match.(Witch would be F*cking awesome BTW)

Black Bolt would still own him.

He'd just have to shout:

"Inhumans own Eternals *****!"

And that'd be the end of it.

Ikaris is a badass too though, he's just the far inferior king.

Martian_mind
Black Bolt would still own him.

He'd just have to shout:

"Inhumans own Eternals *****!"

And that'd be the end of it.

Ikaris is a badass too though, he's just the far inferior king.

Cept when Ikaris reforms and comes back with Sersi at his side.

But yeah,BB is a better ruler.

Arahan
quicksilver is a dick

manjaro
to my knowl;edge ikaris is only crowned prince meaning that when zuras kicks it he can rule....like 6 ppllaughing

Martian_mind
99 actually.

But Zuras would manhandle BB and Ikaris at the same time if he wanted.

llagrok
BB makes the Beyonder kneel 131

boriquaking55

first the Infinity gems, now this. Next issue will be Thanos & Galactus kneeling to BB & Namor or some other bogus nonsense.

Ethereal
omg

that illuminati beyonder retcon (if it was one) was just.. i dunno.

confused

grey fox

Can someone give me a quick run over of that issue....

llagrok

grey fox

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Juntai

Wrong. BB'attack is not directed to Sentry. He is not in MA's line.

Priest

Priest
Originally posted by Juntai
Sentry was no where near the attack itself, he was in the air. Also Sentry said that black bolt let out only a whisper.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Silent_War_005_021.jpg

lordboo
Originally posted by Priest
what issue is this?
illuminati #3

Superboy Prime
Dr. Strange's greatest fantasy is to have a threesome...WTF?

ExodusCloak
That's not Clea and Wanda is it? (Women with White hair and Wanda's tiara is lying at the bedside.)

UniOmni
Funny how the scream is now a sonic attack, rather than an electron scrambling attack.

Priest
Originally posted by UniOmni
Funny how the scream is now a sonic attack, rather than an electron scrambling attack.
i think it varies depending on the writer, or maybe black bolt can vary the attack himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.