My last day of school EVER....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Tomorrow is my last day of school ever....and all we are doing is Graduation practice. We are having a breakfast and if I decide to go, it is before school starts (8:30 AM), I miss the only oppurtunity to talk to/see my friends because a lot of them are younger. And then after Graduation Practice we get to leave early..and that's that. Saturday I come back and we have Graduation and it's all over. It's very sad. cry I really do not want to graduate, especially because I've got a pretty tough life ahead.

Scythe
Congrats! But no college?

TRH
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
Tomorrow is my last day of school ever....and all we are doing is Graduation practice. We are having a breakfast and if I decide to go, it is before school starts (8:30 AM), I miss the only oppurtunity to talk to/see my friends because a lot of them are younger. And then after Graduation Practice we get to leave early..and that's that. Saturday I come back and we have Graduation and it's all over. It's very sad. cry I really do not want to graduate, especially because I've got a pretty tough life ahead. hugcollage?

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by Scythe
Congrats! But no college?
Thanks, no no college, at least yet because I will have no transportation.
Originally posted by TRH
hugcollage?
^ hug

dave_kodak
Tomorrow is my last day of school ever....and all we are doing is Graduation practice. We are having a breakfast and if I decide to go, it is before school starts (8:30 AM), I miss the only oppurtunity to talk to/see my friends because a lot of them are younger. And then after Graduation Practice we get to leave early..and that's that. Saturday I come back and we have Graduation and it's all over. It's very sad. cry I really do not want to graduate, especially because I've got a pretty tough life ahead. Hi, wink hows it going?

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by dave_kodak
Hi, wink hows it going?
Hi, it could definately be better. You?

dave_kodak
Hi, it could definately be better. You? it could be Alot better, but thats ok.

So What would make it "Definately Better"??????

BlackSunshine

You could live on campus you know. Congrats on graduating. happy

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by dave_kodak
it could be Alot better, but thats ok.

So What would make it "Definately Better"??????
Sorry to hear that.

Um.....about 200,000,000 things could be added to a list to make life better but to name a few things:
-My boyfriend and I being closer in distance (we're an hour apart and only see each other on Saturdays and that might potentially all change once I get a job if I have to work weekends and most jobs around here require weekend work.)
-I have to rely on my parents for everything because they have held back on me being able to get a job until now, when I absolutely HAVE to get a job according to them.
-I am 18 years old and my parents are certainly still strict on me as if I were a teenager. My friends are having a Graduation party Sunday night (because Saturday night we have Project Graduation after Graduation) and it's a field party and Dad said that if he hadn't of gone to Graduation Parties when he was younger he would not even CONSIDER me going to one now. He's very iffy about it now because there may potentially be booze drinking and other things going on there. (Well DUH! That's everywhere you freaking go.)
- I'm leaving all of my friends and memories behind me.
-Etc etc.....

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
You could live on campus you know. Congrats on graduating. happy
My parents are weenies. Thanks love.

Mišt
He's very iffy about it now because there may potentially be booze drinking and other things going on there.

18 year olds drinking alcohol, oh no! shock

Yuna_And_Tidus

WrathfulDwarf

^ hug

Don't let anything get in the way of your future education. In life we never stop learning.

Have fun on your last day of HS.

§P0oONY
Pfft... Last day of school, been there, done that.

Captain Maynard
I graduated, but I was SO against school that I didn't go to graduation, nor did I support school spirit.

BlackSunshine
My parents are weenies. Thanks love.

And you're 18 and not in high school anymore. You can't stay there till you're 30...exagerating I know...but they've gotta let you go. Even though they're your parents you've gotta put your foot down for yourself. They cant run your life forever. If you wanted to go to college bad enough you'd go no matter what they said.

Lana
Originally posted by Captain Maynard
I graduated, but I was SO against school that I didn't go to graduation, nor did I support school spirit.

My class in high school couldn't care less about school spirit, I loved it.

School spirit is completely retarded anyway. Who cares?

We also kept getting yelled at during graduation for being loud and stuff big grin

§P0oONY
Our school doesn't have a spirit... I'm not even sure what is meant by that.

It's tradition in my school to generally vandalise and screw up the school on the years last day, we call it "muck up day". All our years planns were stopped by budget restraints and teacher forethought though. It was an okay day in all although very anticlimactic, got nice and drunk in the evening though, which sort of made up for it even if it was quite an uneventful night.

§P0oONY

~Forever*Alone~
omg i just graduated too!!! Happy Dance
but i still have two weeks left of school and final exams

tomorrow is "prom" night for us, but we dont call it that...

Kram3r
Originally posted by Captain Maynard

I love you.

chillmeistergen
I'm still yet to finish sixth form, as they don't trust us to have study leave anymore, fvcking annoying.

InnerRise
My parents are weenies. Thanks love. You seem to be giving some weak excuses as to why you're not going to college.

If you don't want to go, just say it, b/c transportation isn't a problem if you live on campus as stated above and your parents being weanies (whatever that means) really shouldn't mean anything and I can't imagine a parent or 2 for that matter getting in the way of their child furthering their education and bettering themselves.

So what's the real reason? Just not interested perhaps? There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to go, you just don't want to go.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Don't let anything get in the way of your future education. In life we never stop learning.

Have fun on your last day of HS.
Much oblige. smile
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
And you're 18 and not in high school anymore. You can't stay there till you're 30...exagerating I know...but they've gotta let you go. Even though they're your parents you've gotta put your foot down for yourself. They cant run your life forever. If you wanted to go to college bad enough you'd go no matter what they said.
Yes but my parents DO run my life..yeah I'm 18 and all but like I said before, Dad is barely letting me go to this Graduation Party Sunday night. I can't just up-and decide to leave because I have never had a job before and I'd end up on the streets most likely. I can't move in with my boyfriend because his Step-Dad said no. All of my friends will be busy with their own lives. My parents are forcing me to get a job.
Originally posted by Lana
My class in high school couldn't care less about school spirit, I loved it.

School spirit is completely retarded anyway. Who cares?

We also kept getting yelled at during graduation for being loud and stuff big grin
Agreed. That sounds exactly like me.

Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
omg i just graduated too!!! Happy Dance
but i still have two weeks left of school and final exams

tomorrow is "prom" night for us, but we dont call it that...
Congrats. smile

Originally posted by InnerRise
You seem to be giving some weak excuses as to why you're not going to college.

If you don't want to go, just say it, b/c transportation isn't a problem if you live on campus as stated above and your parents being weanies (whatever that means) really shouldn't mean anything and I can't imagine a parent or 2 for that matter getting in the way of their child furthering their education and bettering themselves.

So what's the real reason? Just not interested perhaps? There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't want to go, you just don't want to go.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....
Actually no I'm not and it's very rude of you to say that because if you knew my parents, you wouldn't have even thought of saying that. I am not allowed to do anything, my parents shelter me like a freaking dog. I sit at home on Friday nights while everyone else goes out and parties, right here at the computer desk because my parents don't let me go anywhere. I was NEVER allowed to have a job because my parents told me exactly this--"School comes first."--so therefore I have no money and no car. Now that I'm graduating tomorrow my Mom has already told me that I AM getting a job and my Mom will not provide any trips to any colleges for me to take some classes and there are no colleges near.
I'm sorry if you don't believe me, that's your choice. I can go on for days about my parents.

Scythe

Well I wish you the best of luck on everything.

Yuna_And_Tidus
Well I wish you the best of luck on everything.
Thank you. smile

Scythe
Thank you. smile

You're welcome. I hope you're still around, I'd want to hear of your plans. I'm wishing you the best and only the best. I'll be here, worried and giving you strength to succeed.

Yuna_And_Tidus
You're welcome. I hope you're still around, I'd want to hear of your plans. I'm wishing you the best and only the best. I'll be here, worried and giving you strength to succeed.
Awww so sweet of you!

Well my boyfriend, as of last night, has some "plans." His Mom is tired of living with Sebastian's Step-Dad and tired of being there in general and she told Seb that if he and I get a job, as well as she does too, then we can move out together sometime when Seb starts school in September. (He'll be a Senior in HS). I told him that I didn't really want to talk about it because it's tough enough being around my parents NOW, so when I tell them something like this they are going to flip, whether they can legally do sh*t or not..I mean these are people that shelter me and have sheltered 99% of my life. I'm going to my first "real" alcohol and Graduation party Sunday night...

Kram3r
Well, casting all that deeper stuff aside, have fun graduating and such. I don't graduate until November, stupid country. disgust

Punkyhermy
i visited my hs yesterday with old friends.

much fun was had. but does it feel small or what?

Mišt
Originally posted by Kram3r
Well, casting all that deeper stuff aside, have fun graduating and such. I don't graduate until November, stupid country. disgust

lol pwnt 131wank

ragesRemorse
Tomorrow is my last day of school ever....and all we are doing is Graduation practice. We are having a breakfast and if I decide to go, it is before school starts (8:30 AM), I miss the only oppurtunity to talk to/see my friends because a lot of them are younger. And then after Graduation Practice we get to leave early..and that's that. Saturday I come back and we have Graduation and it's all over. It's very sad. cry I really do not want to graduate, especially because I've got a pretty tough life ahead.

Well, your now one step closer at learning that the dichotomy of high school never ends, instead inensifies. Good luck in the first day of the rest of your life in the school of life big grin

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Well, your now one step closer at learning that the dichotomy of high school never ends, instead inensifies. Good luck in the first day of the rest of your life in the school of life big grin
Lol, well said really! Thanks!

=Tired Hiker=
Congrats on graduating High School! Like some of the others here I really hope you try your best to get into college sooner than later. I read about your parent's control issues and such, but the truth is, once you are eighteen they can't hold you from moving out and starting your own life. Now, I understand that as long as you live under "their roof" you have to do what they say, so get out from under their roof. I know you can't just up and leave right now, you gotta work for several months, save some money, rent an apartment or a room with roommates in a house which can be surprisingly cheap. Find a bus route to college, save for a used car, you can do it, and the sooner the better. The more time you spend out of school, the harder it is to get back into it. You might feel guilty standing up to your parents, but that is their problem. They will get over it, especially if they want to have any form of loving relationship with their bright young beautiful daughter who has a lot going for her. Good luck!

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Congrats on graduating High School! Like some of the others here I really hope you try your best to get into college sooner than later. I read about your parent's control issues and such, but the truth is, once you are eighteen they can't hold you from moving out and starting your own life. Now, I understand that as long as you live under "their roof" you have to do what they say, so get out from under their roof. I know you can't just up and leave right now, you gotta work for several months, save some money, rent an apartment or a room with roommates in a house which can be surprisingly cheap. Find a bus route to college, save for a used car, you can do it, and the sooner the better. The more time you spend out of school, the harder it is to get back into it. You might feel guilty standing up to your parents, but that is their problem. They will get over it, especially if they want to have any form of loving relationship with their bright young beautiful daughter who has a lot going for her. Good luck!
Thank you. Of course I'll try and get into college, I've just got to save up for a car first. Thanks for the advice too, though there are no "buses" here. To get out from under the roof though I've got to have a place to stay and all of my friends are either still in school are starting college immediately in August or September. But going against their will will not result in a loving relationship, I am afraid of. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.