Darth Caedus v. Mara Jade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Takes place on Ossus. All out battle. Including force moves, hand to hand and lightsaber fight.

starwars

Blue_Hefner
You Did Not Just Post This.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
You Did Not Just Post This.

Yes I did, Why?

usaflag

Bespin Bart
Mara Jade should have won that fight. Jacen got in a cheap shot.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Takes place on Ossus. All out battle. Including force moves, hand to hand and lightsaber fight.

starwars

Yo already know that Caedus would win especially since the terrain favors him. (That's why Mara did what she did in the latest nook)

Riverollv
OMFG.... how many Jacen threads have you done?

Gideon
Mara crushed him because she was a smarter fighter and she had more experience. Likelihood being: she'd do it again.

Darth Sexy
On another note, I just got the book today. Thanks for ruining it for me guys! Jackasses

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
On another note, I just got the book today. Thanks for ruining it for me guys! Jackasses

Sorry, man. It is a good book, though.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Gideon
Sorry, man. It is a good book, though.

Gideon I don't mind spoilerage. Do you think it was a good fight between those two? How exactly does Jacen kill Mara?

Gideon
I'll message you the details. I don't want anyone getting their panties in a wad about spoiling the book. We ought to be more considerate of our fellow man.

Captain REX

Really, you clicked a thread entitled 'Darth Caedus,' which Jacen has not proclaimed himself until this book. The book is on the shelves, there's no need for spoilers.

vader11
Mara Jade wins.

Manslayer
I thought jacen was stronger in the force?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Manslayer
I thought jacen was stronger in the force?
Jacen was extremely hyped up by fanboys.

Although I will not be quick to judge Jacen but still it seems to be that Mara Jade has proven Jacen fanboys wrong.

Gideon
You seriously ought to not comment on things you're ignorant of . 'Sacrifice' did confirm that Mara Jade's strength in the Force was "crude" compared to Jacen; there is no doubt that he is supremely powerful, second only to Luke in accordance with Bloodlines. But it's execution of that power that leaves him stranded. Mara won because she fought smarter, she fought harder, and she had more experience. The strongest don't always win, as was the case with Jacen.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gideon
You seriously ought to not comment on things you're ignorant of . 'Sacrifice' did confirm that Mara Jade's strength in the Force was "crude" compared to Jacen; there is no doubt that he is supremely powerful, second only to Luke in accordance with Bloodlines. But it's execution of that power that leaves him stranded. Mara won because she fought smarter, she fought harder, and she had more experience. The strongest don't always win, as was the case with Jacen.
Wait! you are trying to tell me that Jacen cannot properly execute his power when it is needed the most?

Mara Jade gave Jacen a terrible beating because she was the better fighter. It is hard to believe that a Jedi (which is considered to be more powerful then his opponent) will get his @ss handed to him like that.

And "the strongest always wins" theory is actually widely used in KMC vs threads.

Gideon
I am telling you that in that particular situation, no, he couldn't. Mara went into the fight with a clear intent, and she resolved herself to use whatever methods she had to in order to achieve that victory. She was the smarter fighter, she was the more experienced fighter, she was a fighter. Jacen is a skilled duelist, but he is more of a scholar than anything. You have to read the part about the duel to adequetly understand it.

...I didn't mean to make it sound as if she kicked his ass. Jacen threw her into columns, into walls, across the tunnel with the Force. But she recovered quicker and fought harder than he did.

In hypothetical matches, yes, we must adhere to that theory. But that isn't always the case.

Darth Sexy
The strongest does not always win. See Anakin vs. Obiwan. As Escape says, it is generally accepted but is not always the case.

Count Makashi
Maul was stronger then TPM Kenobi and look what happened. Vader was stronger then ROTJ Luke and look what happened. Stronger don't always win and in the end of the day, it doesn't matter who is stronger, only who is standing alive at the end.

vader11
Originally posted by Count Makashi
it doesn't matter who is stronger, only who is standing alive at the end. I love this line. laughing

unknowable
Jade wins.

Manslayer
Ok well i pick mara jade only because i favour her

Bruce Leeroy
Mara jade wins because she's sexy in a leather black jumpsuit.

Darth_Glentract
The strongest does not always win. See Anakin vs. Obiwan. As Escape says, it is generally accepted but is not always the case.

Exactly. It's the best fighter that wins any fight (trust me, I've been in many fights with guys who are much stronger than me but have no clue how to throw or take a punch). Being the best fighter is made up by many things. Being more powerful is part of that, however, smarts (aka experience and training) is equally important. Obi-wan had more smarts than Anakin even though Anakin is more power. When you take Obi-wan's smarts plus his power it is greater than Anakin's smarts plus his power (at least at the time of their fight on Mustafar). The same was true for Mara and Jacen when they fought. Jacen is very powerful, but his power lies in things like the ability to do weird shit with the Force. He doesn't have the smarts to be a great fighter.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Riverollv
OMFG.... how many Jacen threads have you done?

xxXAcStylesXxx
What page is the fight on so I can read it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.