Darth Caedus vs Current Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Utrigita
I know this is a bit off, and that the story will be written unfortunately for me, here are currently nowhere in my country that the newest star wars books are available, so I am just gonna ask here instead of relying on wookipedia, which so far has been my only source from the beginning of the Vong-wars and forward to the present situation in the star wars universe.

So here it is the question as it says on wookipedia from mara to Caedus:
"You think...you've won, but Luke will crush you...and I refuse...to let you...destroy the future...for my Ben." :

So debate ore just state your openion I don't mind but this development I would like to know the general openion about.

Captain REX
Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

-

In my opinion, Luke should emerge victorious.

darthsith19
Luke wins.

Darth Sexy
I don't see where Luke is anywhere near Luke's level.

Riverollv
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I don't see where Luke is anywhere near Luke's level.

Huh? You mean Jacen?

Gideon
If Jacen fights anything like he did against Mara, he gets his ass thoroughly stomped.

Darth Sexy
I never knew why you guys verbally fellated Jacen. His vast knowledge of the force is useless in a fight.

Gideon
I never knew why you guys verbally fellated Jacen. His vast knowledge of the force is useless in a fight.

Verbally fellate? If you're referring to me, I find that choice of phrasing rather funny, since he was never featured to fight prior, aside from giving the Yuuzhan Vong an ass beating.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Gideon
Verbally fellate? If you're referring to me, I find that choice of phrasing rather funny, since he was never featured to fight prior, aside from giving the Yuuzhan Vong an ass beating.

I don't remember referring to you

LORDSIDIOUS01
I'm not this just because I like Jacen. In the final Legacy novel, but hopefully there will be more, but in the very final one, it should come down to Luke against Jacen. They seem to be evenly matched, however maybe thery'll kill each other.

Gideon
I don't remember referring to you

Hence why I said "if you're referring to me".

Gideon
Of course. Like anyone here believes that...

It probably will, if Jacen is lucky, Luke will wait that long to kill him. But, to be honest, I don't expect Luke to be oblivious to the identity of his wife's murderer for six or seven books.

They are far from evenly matched. That you still delude yourself into believing that is testimony to your fanboyism.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I am wondering why the final Legacy novel is called Invincible? Does anybody else think that? Peace everybody, I'm about to go party since the Cavs won.

Darth Sexy
The Detroit Pistons are a bunch of scrubs. Today's no defense defense did the job for Lebron.

Bruce Leeroy
bah, the Playoffs became suck-ass when the Warriors lost. They made the playoffs exciting, what with making one of the biggest upsets in NBA history and all...

Utrigita
Originally posted by Captain REX
Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

-

In my opinion, Luke should emerge victorious.

I live in Denmark sad no star wars books of newer date are currently being sold

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Bruce Leeroy
bah, the Playoffs became suck-ass when the Warriors lost. They made the playoffs exciting, what with making one of the biggest upsets in NBA history and all...

No, it WAS the biggest upset in NBA History. However, the playoffs were over as soon as Dallas went out, because the Spurs started with the champagne that exact moment. There's no team in the NBA that can beat the Spurs, especially nobody in the weak Eastern Conference Finals.

vader11
Luke wins.

Count Makashi
Luke, comfortably.

LORDSIDIOUS01
NJO Luke would win right now. However, As Jacen should gain power and more knowledge, He will kill Luke when all is said and done.

Darth Sexy
unlikely. I highly doubt George Lucas is going to let his greatest hero get killed. Not to mention I fail to see how he would become more powerful than Luke. As the grandson of the force and stronger than Palpatine, Luke stands unrivaled. How does the great grandson have as much or more force potential than his elder

Captain Bob
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"He will kill Luke when all is said and done"

Darth Dingbat is never going to be stronger than Luke, in any shape or form. If Luke was asleep, surrounded by ysalamari, tied up, blinded, and in chains, he *might* lose to Jacen, but only if Jacen has first strike.

In a fight that's actually fair, the self-deluding idiot gets his neck snapped by the Jedi Grandmaster.

Luke FTW.

vader11
Jacen got pwned stick out tongue

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
NJO Luke would win right now. However, As Jacen should gain power and more knowledge, He will kill Luke when all is said and done.

Erm...no. Luke can take his saber and start thrusting it up Jacen's ass at any time.

kevin-nivek
As Luke and Jacen have the same potential Jacen COULD become as strong as him but as it stands Luke would win if he fought 100%

Darth Sexy
Since when do Luke and Jacen have the same potential? Biologically, Luke should have more potential, as being the grandson of the force, whereas Jacen is the great grandson, and Leia's son, whose force potential wasn't Luke's.

kevin-nivek
Well Anakin had potential double palpatines, then Lucas said Luke has the same as him, now logically Leia would have the same two being his twin but as she has had very off and on training she hasnt achieved it but its still there. Then her children get that same potential. If Luke can have the same as anakin with one force sensitive parent and one norma parent than theres no reason that Jacen having the same set up wouldnt have all the potential too

Captain REX
Luke had potential comparable to Anakin's, but Jacen? Jacen's father is Han Solo, by the way. Did we all forget that he's not a Jedi?

Jacen does not have the same potential as Luke...

kevin-nivek
Neither was padme but Luke got all of Anakins so i dont see why Jacen wouldnt of inherited all of Leia's dormant potential. The books make tons of refrences that imply Jacen has Anakins potential. Lumiya/Vegere picked him because he was the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, the LotF books have been building up to a fight between Luke and Jacen which will be a quick one sided and boring fight unless Jacen has the same potential power

Darth Sexy
Leia didn't have Luke's potential, so its very unlikely Jacen had a higher potential than Luke, much less the same. Vergere and Lumiya picked him up because they saw he could be corrupted, and Luke couldn't. They picked up Jacen when he was young, they wouldn't mess with Luke who was more powerful than them.

Darth_Glentract
The whole biology thing about potential can't be true. It's only partially genetic. If it were fully dependent on a persons parents than Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina would all have equal potential, but that's not true. Anakin definately had more potential than his brother and sister.

Luke and Leia also don't appear to have equal potential. Leia isn't nearly as strong as Luke was in DE, not even close. She has about as much training, if not MORE, than Luke had by that point. Having strong Force sensitive parents may aid in Force sensitivity being strong, but it alone isn't the deciding factor.

If it were true, the strongest Force Users all would have been the first ever born before their potential got muddied by non-Force User blood.

Basically there is no way that Jacen can become even close to strong enough to take on the Jedi Order by himself. Even if he could become stronger than Luke, which there is no way that would happen by the time this series will be over if it happens at all, Luke would just keep some sort of Jedi Bodyguard with him. As of now I'd say that Kyp, Corran, and Kyle would all take him. Streen, Kam, Saba, Kenth, Jaina, Zekk, and maybe Raynar once he's recovered (which should be finished soon) would be able to give him a hard time on their own. Luke plus and of these people would be in little to no danger.

What would be cool is if Boba died killing Jacen, saving Han's life or something.

kevin-nivek
Potential isnt power, its how much raw force power you could have, Leia could have all the power luke has but she has had far less training, practice and commitment to the jedi way so it was never achieved.
The three Solo kids do have equal potential but Anakin do to all his time fighting the vong alone and his extra-zealous approach to his training so that he would feel that he deserved Chewie's sacrifice allowed him to achieve his potential at a faster rate than his siblings.
There is no way Vegere picked up jacen because she saw he was "corrupted", in those books he was the least violent of any jedi.

Having a non-force sensitive parent doesnt matter otherwise Luke would have far less potential than Anakin which according to Lucas he has EQUAL

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by kevin-nivek
Potential isnt power, its how much raw force power you could have, Leia could have all the power luke has but she has had far less training, practice and commitment to the jedi way so it was never achieved.

Omg I hate noobs. I'm going to answer this with a quote from my post you were responding to. "Leia isn't nearly as strong as Luke was in DE, not even close. She has about as much training, if not MORE, than Luke had by that point."

If it were true that Force potential is purely genetic, the strongest Force Users all would have been the first ever born before their potential got muddied by non-Force User blood.

The three Solo kids do have equal potential but Anakin do to all his time fighting the vong alone and his extra-zealous approach to his training so that he would feel that he deserved Chewie's sacrifice allowed him to achieve his potential at a faster rate than his siblings.

BS. Anakin was directly stated to be stronger than his siblings in the NJO books. He was the one Kyp knew had more potential then himself.

There is no way Vegere picked up jacen because she saw he was "corrupted", in those books he was the least violent of any jedi.

It was because he fell into her lap.

Having a non-force sensitive parent doesnt matter otherwise Luke would have far less potential than Anakin which according to Lucas he has EQUAL

Actually this is a steaming pile of shit. Luke had the potential to become what Anakin should have been. That can be any number of things. I know exactly which quote you're talking about and there is nothing in it that puts Anakin's potential equal to Luke's. So stop being a noob.

kevin-nivek
I'm a noob huh?
Leia hasnt had even near the expierence that Luke has had, she doesnt fight,train or even use the force as much so of course she could not of achieved the same level of power luke did.
Kyp thought he had more power than Luke did at one point so going by his POV is beyond stupid.

What else could that quote mean? Combined with luke doing things no one else could it all fits. Unless you think Luke is weaker than anakin too?

So how am i a noob? Maybe because I know what i'm talking about and i dont have to insult people because my arguement is so empty like yours?

Darth Sexy
I didn't know Anakin Solo had more of a potential than Jacen. I thought Lucas killed off Anakin because he didn't want fans getting confused, and he gave Jacen all that potential.

kevin-nivek
why would one of them have any more potential than another? same parents after all and the force can be inherited

Advent
why would one of them have any more potential than another?

Probably because they're two different people.

Nonsense.

The fact that they share parents is entirely irrelevant. By this logic, Cay Qel-Droma should have had potential on par with Ulic's. As this clearly wasn't the case, your assertion holds no water.

No shit, Sherlock. But the amount of Force potential one may get from their parent(s) can differ (inasmuch as it may be higher, or lower).

Darth_Glentract
I'm a noob huh?

You've been here for two days and you're acting like an idiot, so yeah, you're a noob.

Leia hasnt had even near the expierence that Luke has had, she doesnt fight,train or even use the force as much so of course she could not of achieved the same level of power luke did.

I'm going to quote the same sentence just for you a second time, "Leia isn't nearly as strong as Luke was in DE, not even close. She has about as much training, if not MORE, than Luke had by that point."

Kyp thought he had more power than Luke did at one point so going by his POV is beyond stupid.

My god, he had one stupid thought. He was a little arrogant about his powers in the beginning, but he certainly got wiser since then. If anything that makes his admission of being weaker than someone all the more impressive.

What else could that quote mean? Combined with luke doing things no one else could it all fits. Unless you think Luke is weaker than anakin too?

How about the one destined to destroy the Sith? Or the strongest person ever to have lived? Doesn't mean that Anakin would have been equally strong, just that Luke was next in line and thus got that position after Anakin's demise.

So how am i a noob? Maybe because I know what i'm talking about and i dont have to insult people because my arguement is so empty like yours?

Dude, get your head out of your arse. You've been here for 2 days. You apparently don't even know how to use the quote feature, or even bold the text of other people's post to clarify what you're talking about. Newsflash, you don't know what you're talking about. Learn a little.

kevin-nivek
Calm down guy its just a forum no reason to freak out, if our opinions differ than so be it but just because i'm new to this particular forum out of all the sw forums on the internet doesnt make me a noob who doesnt know what i'm talking about.

You quoting the same sentence over and over and me argue against it just shows thats your only arguement on the subject, so tell me how do you figure that leia has anywhere near Lukes expierence with the force? Or do you only skim the books and not notice that luke does so much more in that field than she.
If Leia was so much weaker than luke why did yoda say that "there was another" when no one thought that Vader could be redeemed and him and Sidious had to be defeated by a skywalker's child the only ones who would have enough potential power to win. That is implying that Yoda and Obiwan thought Leia could defeat sidious, how could they know the exact potential of Leia or Luke unless potential is passed down at a certain amount whether all of it or only some.
saying that Leia couldnt do everything Luke could makes no sense, isnt supported by the movies and more than anything shows whos the real SW noob here

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Neither was padme but Luke got all of Anakins so i dont see why Jacen wouldnt of inherited all of Leia's dormant potential. The books make tons of refrences that imply Jacen has Anakins potential. Lumiya/Vegere picked him because he was the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, the LotF books have been building up to a fight between Luke and Jacen which will be a quick one sided and boring fight unless Jacen has the same potential power

True.

Luke had potential comparable to Anakin's, but Jacen? Jacen's father is Han Solo, by the way. Did we all forget that he's not a Jedi?

Jacen does not have the same potential as Luke...

You're right REX, but don't you think that when Luke and Jacen eventually fight in LOTF novel Invincible that Jacen will be just as if not stronger than Luke?

Darth Sexy
George Lucas will never allow it. It wouldn't even make sense.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
The whole biology thing about potential can't be true. It's only partially genetic. If it were fully dependent on a persons parents than Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina would all have equal potential, but that's not true. Anakin definately had more potential than his brother and sister.

Luke and Leia also don't appear to have equal potential. Leia isn't nearly as strong as Luke was in DE, not even close. She has about as much training, if not MORE, than Luke had by that point. Having strong Force sensitive parents may aid in Force sensitivity being strong, but it alone isn't the deciding factor.

If it were true, the strongest Force Users all would have been the first ever born before their potential got muddied by non-Force User blood.

Basically there is no way that Jacen can become even close to strong enough to take on the Jedi Order by himself. Even if he could become stronger than Luke, which there is no way that would happen by the time this series will be over if it happens at all, Luke would just keep some sort of Jedi Bodyguard with him. As of now I'd say that Kyp, Corran, and Kyle would all take him. Streen, Kam, Saba, Kenth, Jaina, Zekk, and maybe Raynar once he's recovered (which should be finished soon) would be able to give him a hard time on their own. Luke plus and of these people would be in little to no danger.

What would be cool is if Boba died killing Jacen, saving Han's life or something.

Why would Grand Master Jedi Luke Skywalker need a bodyguard? Are you saying that Luke fears his nephew? How in the world would Boba kill Jacen?

I didn't know Anakin Solo had more of a potential than Jacen. I thought Lucas killed off Anakin because he didn't want fans getting confused, and he gave Jacen all that potential.

Anakin Solo had more potential than Jacen did.

Darth Sexy
I think the most likely scenario would be Fett killing Jacen. But if the Legacy comics are canon, wtf happens to Luke, Ben, the Solos, etc. That's why I think the comics are stupid as hell. They have to rush some kind of ridiculous storyline to account for legacy.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I think the most likely scenario would be Fett killing Jacen. But if the Legacy comics are canon, wtf happens to Luke, Ben, the Solos, etc. That's why I think the comics are stupid as hell. They have to rush some kind of ridiculous storyline to account for legacy.

jawdrop I highly doubt Fett will have anything to do with Jacen.

Utrigita
George Lucas will never allow it. It wouldn't even make sense.

I agrees George Lucas would and could never accept the death of his main character I am still surprissed that Chewbacca died in the first book regarding the Vong-invasion

exanda kane

They will most likely write off Legacy as non-canon in years to come. Perhaps it'll be like an Infinities event. It is quite constricting if you forget the fact that Han etc. have aged oh so well.

Count Makashi
He had allot of plastic surgery.

kamhal
Yeah, i think Anakin Solo>Jacen Solo in force potential. After all, Sidious was VERY interested in taking over Anakin's body. If Jacen had more potential, it would be far more logical for Sidious to take on Jacen's body. And let's not forget that Jacen was older then Anakin, so Sidious would have to wait less time until he got back in adult form.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Jacen Solo will kill his uncle. How he does it, I'm not sure.

Darth Subjekt
Luke will die from boredom after blocking all of Jacen's mediocre attacks. Well compared to him at least...

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Luke will die from boredom after blocking all of Jacen's mediocre attacks. Well compared to him at least...

hahahaha

Count Makashi
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Jacen Solo will kill his uncle. How he does it, I'm not sure.

In his dreams.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Count Makashi
In his dreams.

We shall see.

playa1258
A lot of arguing over force potential. maybe we should so a ranking chart or something. Anyway Jacen Solo is a homo hopefully Luke stomped his ass good.

BlaxicanHydra
I've never liked any of the Solo kids, too be honest.

Darth Subjekt
From what I read, Anakin Solo seemed to be more powerful didn't he? maybe they thought the name would confuse people...

playa1258
All the solo kids were ****.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by playa1258
A lot of arguing over force potential. maybe we should so a ranking chart or something. Anyway Jacen Solo is a homo hopefully Luke stomped his ass good.

They haven't fought yet, but are going to.

Count Makashi
Where Jacen will get raped. stick out tongue -JK. No, i am not, he will.

vader11
Jacen would be beaten by his uncle.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Count Makashi
Where Jacen will get raped. stick out tongue -JK. No, i am not, he will.

Hate to disagree, but I don't think so.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Hate to disagree, but I don't think so.

Why, what proof is there, to even say, that he would put up a good fight?

zephiel7
Cadeus is Jacen's sith name? Absolutely horrid.

Gideon
Originally posted by zephiel7

Horrid doesn't even begin to cover the latest book.

alterangel
Originally posted by zephiel7

even worse, its a self endowed sith name how lame is that?

luk_im_ubar
luke not exist in RL shiite head. so HOW KEN H B CURNT????

Utrigita
The new book is out I hear so did Luke woop Jacens ass???

ihavenoname
umm according to inferno he lost

ihavenoname
cadeus well

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by alterangel
even worse, its a self endowed sith name how lame is that?

I thought that part of the prestige of your name was that a superior master gives it to you to suit you and your personality? Lame indeed.

caedusrulesall
I hope Caedus wins because Luke needs a big ego-killer (he says like 50 times "are you questioning the Grand Master"wink but I think Luke would come out victorious like he did in Inferno.

Manslayer
Welcome back nebaris

Darth Scythe
Well Luke technically already won this fight once. Albeit there was some help too.

It still looked like Luke could have killed him toward the end of the fight without the aforementioned help.

((The_Anomaly))
Luke punches him in the brain.

Thiru
Luke could have easily tooled him with the force, but chose not to

Utrigita
From what I read on Star Wars Wiki, it sounds like he choosed to spare Jacen to save Ben from the Dark Side. Also it gives me the impression that Luke was on top most of the time...

Btw love that queto.

"I don't feel any Jedi presences at all, and if I don't, than neither do you-nothing real, anyway."
"That's because he doesn't want you to feel him, but he's here."
"And I suppose you'll help me find him if I let you go? Nice try."
"I don't think you'll need any help finding him, Jacen. Dad's right behind you."

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Thiru
Welcome back nebaris

He came back? eek! When? confused

Darth Subjekt
when doesn't he?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.