Glam Metal and Memories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Glam Metal seems like it brings old memories to the surface... Like for instance, I was listening to "Come on Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot the other day, and I instantly began thinking of the good times... I never get that feeling from other mainstream music, like rap or r&b, or contemporary pop music... This may just be me, but doesn't anyone else get that feeling? Like some kind riff that chemically causes good feelings or something... anyway, post your opinions on this. Again, it may just be me...

§P0oONY
Whenever I'm playing GTA:VC and I swich on VRock I just smile... I wasn't around back them but I still enjoy the music on that station.

Slay
I didn't consciously experience the 80's but I have those exact feelings when I listen to 90's rock. Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam etc.

Schecter
i never considered quiet riot to be glam erm
you mean to imply that randy rhodes came from a glam band?
*grabs torch and pitchfork*

vintageSW77
Glam Rock is 70s
Slade released the original CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE not Quiet Riot Marc Bolan,Bowie,Slade and Gary Glitter n Sweet on the other side of the scale were all Glam Rock

Bat Dude
Glam Rock and Glam Metal are two very different things...

Glam Rock= Every band vintageSW77 mentioned and more...

Glam Metal= Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, RATT, Dokken, W.A.S.P., Autograph, Skid Row, etc., and some even consider Def Leppard to be part of this category...

(I consider Quiet Riot's Metal Health album and Scorpions' Love at First Sting album to be Glam Metal)

And I also wasn't around then, but I love the music, especially Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, and RATT... However, I DON'T like Poison, Warrant, or any other "soft" glam bands

(Well, technically, they are all softer than say, Megadeth, but those bands are too soft and focused too much on power ballads. Now, I'm not afraid to admit that a power ballad once in a while is good music, for instance, Fly to the Angels by Slaughter is a very touching song, but when they just churned them out, it got redundant)

tabby999
its not that you wont find those feelings with other music, its that you dont have fond memorys tied to them. I hear Sick Of It All and get that sentimental feeling, its more that it was the soundtrack to a good time, not that the music itself, its what you assosiate with it.

Nellinator
Whenever I hear Stryper I have a good laugh. Good times...

vintageSW77
Motley Crue are a good time listen if your in the mood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.