Idea for a character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright my idea is a Excutioner type Abstract below TOAA and LT but above other Marvel cosmics. He is ominpresent he can warp and control energy matter times realities he is a muti-versal character. Here is his role when ever LT rules on something the Excutioner makes it happen. He has the ability to warp space where he can be on one side of the universe then on another side in seconds. He can exsist in different place at once like he could be in Mephisto's realm and in an alternate reality at the same time. He is also called the Enforcer and the Problem solver. For example say Living Tribunal decided that a planet was judge to be destroyed or a Demons realm needed to be eradicated he could do this. He could destroyed alien races cosmic entity and cosmic threats like Parasites. If Living Tribunal decided Eternity & Infinity needed to be destroyed the Excutioner could not only do this but have the power to replace them so not to disrupt the Cosmic balance. Magic has no effect on him he is truly immortal and can not be killed by anything unless LT or TOAA decides he has to die

Supreme being
Originally posted by golem370
Alright my idea is a Excutioner type Abstract below TOAA and LT but above other Marvel cosmics. He is ominpresent he can warp and control energy matter times realities he is a muti-versal character. Here is his role when ever LT rules on something the Excutioner makes it happen. He has the ability to warp space where he can be on one side of the universe then on another side in seconds. He can exsist in different place at once like he could be in Mephisto's realm and in an alternate reality at the same time. He is also called the Enforcer and the Problem solver. For example say Living Tribunal decided that a planet was judge to be destroyed or a Demons realm needed to be eradicated he could do this. He could destroyed alien races cosmic entity and cosmic threats like Parasites. If Living Tribunal decided Eternity & Infinity needed to be destroyed the Excutioner could not only do this but have the power to replace them so not to disrupt the Cosmic balance. Magic has no effect on him he is truly immortal and can not be killed by anything unless LT or TOAA decides he has to die

The celestials already have someone similar my friend so nothing Unique about that idea.

golem370
Yeah his character is able to do anythings LT wants. I hope your not talking about Exitar.

Scoobless
No offence but this character sounds incredibly boring.

He can do almost anything and nothing can stop him ... I'm sick of him already.

golem370
He can be stopped by LT. He is LT Law In Forcer

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Scoobless

Co-sign. Why most "unique" creations be omnipotent?

grey fox
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Co-sign. Why most "unique" creations be omnipotent?

Hey I had two unique guys. One could utilise friction as his power and the other amped himself up by eating pepper seeds.

Scoobless
He can be stopped by LT.

So he can be stopped by the single most powerful being in the multiverse (shaddap GS) what is everyone else supposed to do? unless you plan on having him fight LT in every single appearance then this character is too powerful to be interesting in the slightest.

SpunkySmurph
"If Living Tribunal decided Eternity & Infinity needed to be destroyed the Excutioner could not only do this but have the power to replace them so not to disrupt the Cosmic balance."

How boring. none180

Martian_mind
Ah,only a garden trowel is equal to Golem in creativity...

xmarksthespot
What about a garden ho..? vin

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Scoobless

If put in that position it is boring. However you can make great omnipotent characters as long as they aren't in such a cliche position.

The Prophecy
hmm?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Prophecy
hmm?

If the omnipotent character is a guardian or a punisher or servant etc one is left with linear stories of:

Problem
Go fix it
Problem solved

A completely omnipotent character is great for driving the story line of minor characters (see Sarda, 8-Bit theater)

The Prophecy
interesting

golem370
I think he would be a good addition to Marvel Cosmics he is an enforcer. He doesn't just kill people but he changes things like moving a black hole or he could have took down stopped IG Thanos or IG Warlock. He could prevent total annihilation from happening.

golem370
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If the omnipotent character is a guardian or a punisher or servant etc one is left with linear stories of:

Problem
Go fix it
Problem solved

A completely omnipotent character is great for driving the story line of minor characters (see Sarda, 8-Bit theater)

LT is not ominpotent and neither is my character. He is a Cosmic Law dog who bites the ass out of any problem that needs solving.

NoFate007
I personally have never found any of the "roughly around omnipotent" cosmic characters to be interesting for the same reasons stated above by others. There are far too many out there that have no SOUL and are just reminiscent of all these "cram a bunch of power down our throats and expect us to be wowed like toddlers" kind of characters that I see popping up all the time. A character with a shitload of power is only interesting if there's something more than just showing it off.

Look at action in movies. There are action films and action "flicks". You can make a great action film like Star Wars, or you can just make a flick like 90% of them are. These flicks are just "see how many explosions and such you can cram in there, people will like it" producer fodder that has no heart to it, so you can't like it on different levels. Yeah, it might be exciting to watch someone jump out of an airplane and a thousand things blow up while they're kickboxing the villain and blah blah blah, but its a cheap thrill.

Cosmic characters, for the most part, fall into this. The idea of omnipotence in comics has been shattered by 30 different versions of it. Eternity, Infinity, Death, Phoenix, Living Tribunal, Celestials, The One Above All, etc, just in Marvel alone. The only interesting ones, to me, are Galactus because he's troubled and has a purpose other than dotting I's and crossing T's, and LT, because he's not shown as often and thusly remains sort of mysterious.

Too often, I see overly powerful characters with stereotypical designs (whether it be the underwear over the tights or something ripping off Venom and Spawn and whatnot) or the direct opposite, where people start off with "a basic guy" and make him do ridiculous things to seem cool and just expect you to feel the struggle by saying "yeah but he's a normal guy".

Though your idea might work in another setting, you have far too many other cosmic characters competing for the spot, and unless they're willing to kill them off and revamp them into new concepts, I'm afraid yours is just lost in the bundle with everyone else.

golem370
Well this might sound silly but when LT sends him to take somebody he makes a sport of it playing with them like a cat plays with a mouse.

Disappear
wouldnt that just make him to the living tribunal what the living tribunal is to TOAA?

golem370
Well he would be made by LT so I guess so. But Living Tribunal is the Judge of Marvel Mutiverse where this character would be like a enforcer for LT judgement.

NoFate007
Don't take this as a particularly hostile reply, but generally, if you have to defend a character a lot (look at The Prophecy's "Qezel"wink, it isn't going to be a hit.

golem370
Well it's easy to find problems with a character you never seen or that has any feats. Look at Sentry people in versues are always putting down Sentry althought he is a cool character.

Swanky-Tuna
Well this might sound silly but when LT sends him to take somebody he makes a sport of it playing with them like a cat plays with a mouse.
He's a cosmic Lobo?

The Prophecy
Originally posted by NoFate007
Don't take this as a particularly hostile reply, but generally, if you have to defend a character a lot (look at The Prophecy's "Qezel"wink, it isn't going to be a hit.

So you must be a prophet now? But I see where your going with this People have mixed emotions about towards my character. But hey look on the bright side everyone knows that I have a character named Qezel(Qa-Zel)now. Also people need to learn not to judge him until I have completed everything. They think he's religious-based when I keep explaining to them that I'm starting over. But I'm not giving up on the character himself. I learning to adjust to my audience so that I can satisfy them and myself.That way we're all happy.

NoFate007
Never have I said that I'm a prophet, I'm just stating the truth. This goes for anything, including things not related to comic book characters. If there are too many "but.." statements, then you're obviously defending it from something, and you don't defend things from positive responses.

As for judging before its complete, that's something that will always exist and you have to deal with it too. Despite the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover", most of the time people do exactly just that. Otherwise, people wouldn't mind having Batman covers with rainbows and unicorns. People are attracted to others from their appearance first off, as well as things in the media. Plus, if you pitch your concept, those that you're pitching it to have made an entire career out of judging something on its first impressions without seeing the final product.

Its a shame, but its just how things work.

The Prophecy
Originally posted by NoFate007
Never have I said that I'm a prophet, I'm just stating the truth. This goes for anything, including things not related to comic book characters. If there are too many "but.." statements, then you're obviously defending it from something, and you don't defend things from positive responses.

As for judging before its complete, that's something that will always exist and you have to deal with it too. Despite the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover", most of the time people do exactly just that. Otherwise, people wouldn't mind having Batman covers with rainbows and unicorns. People are attracted to others from their appearance first off, as well as things in the media. Plus, if you pitch your concept, those that you're pitching it to have made an entire career out of judging something on its first impressions without seeing the final product.

Its a shame, but its just how things work.
I apoligize for my first choice of word! However I don't understand what you mean my defending from positive responses. I understand the fact that people do often judge a book by it's cover. The only reason I made the threads I made in the past was to get advice from people. But I do see where I went too far. As for first impressions I'll eventually stop mentioning Qezel,until the idea of him is long and gone. That's when I give my final idea.

Endless Mike
Is LT so lazy as to need a lackey instead of doing stuff himself?

Creshosk
I've got a concept for a character.. He's also omnipotent.. he goes around slaying other useless omnipotent characters. when none exist he returns to sleep. When another is spawned he awakes to slay it.

And that's his only power. Whatever he needs to be able to slay one. The sleep is actually a form of death.

Supreme being
Sentry althought he is a cool character.

IYO wink.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.