Darth Tyranus vs Darth Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku) duels with Darth Caedus (Jacen Solo) in an open region of Dantooine.

Fighting styles are:

A) Pure Saber Combat
B) Pure Force Contest
C) All out duel (no restrictions in this case)

Who is better?

ESB -1138
I'm going with Dooku for all but I don't really know much about Jacen.

Darth Sexy
I find it funny how Lumiya tells Jacen that "Luke can still beat you in a saber fight", hinting at the fact that JAcen might be close to being Luke's equal, while being half his age. I doubt it.

kamikz
Well, Jacen was trained at a much earlier age then Luke was....

Captain REX
Jacen recently got his ass beat down by Mara, though he did win...

Darth Sexy
Jacen was trained earlier right, but it's unlikely he has the same raw power and force potential as Luke.

Captain REX
If not the same, then at least very high. So, he has the potential to beat Dooku, but maybe not the skill by this point...

kamhal
Who knows? It seems jacen is strong... But i also don't like him... And mara jade kicked his ass... I say a tie.

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Jacen was trained earlier right, but it's unlikely he has the same raw power and force potential as Luke.

Yeah, that's unlikely. I just meant to answere "half his age and seemingly near him", that with his early training they are not THAT far away from eachother in jedi training, so that might explain it.
But, doesn't Luke know of all the jedi's potential? Didn't he feel that Kyp's was very, very high, almost as high as his? Shouldn't he have that kind of info on Jacen, and if so, shouldn't he know wether he has more or less? Surley if he had more he would've said so.

Gideon
In terms of Force strength and 'power', Bloodlines confirmed that Jacen is second only to Luke. So he is above the likes of Kyle and Kyp. However, in accumulated skill? He's a neophyte in comparison. Mara, whose Force strength the omniscient narrator describes as "crude" compared to Jacen, gave him an ass beating.

Dooku beats the living shit out of Jacen.

Count Makashi
I don't know, wore there some favorable circumstances for Jacen losing, how did the play out, did Mara dominate the entire fight?

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Count Makashi
I don't know, wore there some favorable circumstances for Jacen losing, how did the play out, did Mara dominate the entire fight?

she didn't dominate but she wasn't losing. jacen beat her with a cheap shot

Gideon
...Um, she dominated the whole thing. He got a few good hits on her, but she recovered quicker, outsmarted him, and pretty much beat the hell right out of him. She won the fight.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Captain REX
If not the same, then at least very high. So, he has the potential to beat Dooku, but maybe not the skill by this point...

Whats Up Rex? You are right Jacen at thisn point in time would probably get beaten up by Dooku.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Whats Up Rex? You are right Jacen at thisn point in time would probably get beaten up by Dooku.

Wow, you are admitting that Dooku would defeat Jacen, i cant believe my eyes, what did you do to the real LORDSIDIOUS01, you impostor.

vader11
Wow, I can't believe he would say his least favorite person could beat his most favorite person!

Darth_Glentract
Hey guys. Sorry I've been out so long. Real life's been beating the hell out of me.

Anyway, I haven't managed to get my hands on a copy Sacrifice yet, but I happened to get quite a few spoilers from some of the threads I've been reading to try and get up to speed. Gideon is right about Jacen not having a ton of experience, but I do think that he could take Dooku. He's got more knowledge of the Force than him and I would imagine has a higher potential. He's also got more frontline experience in a war situation than Dooku. So I don't know. Mara apparently beat the crap out of him pretty badly, but maybe she's just a heck of a lots stronger than we thought (midiclorians transmitted through Luke's sperm perhaps haha).

Basically I'm really not sure. Before this book I would have definitely put Jacen above Dooku but seeing as I haven't read it I'm going to take the cautious approach and stay open to both possibilities.

kamhal
Really? So the Clone Wars were what, friendly conversations?

Darth Sexy
Jacen has nothing on DOoku in terms of experience. All he has is his ambiguous "mastery of the force" from his 5 year sabbatical. I always wonder how he's going to achieve full sith mastery if the real sith are dead. So I guess his useless title is going to give him the power to defeat Luke. Riiiiiight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.